Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

I swear to clem, prodman and the creepy kid who hangs out in my ship. I'm 18 days away from the sigma octantis which is the last thing in the game i need to master to have done them all. If you go ahead with these changes and i have to wait another 100 days imma mail you the rage poop you induce. (jk) but i will not be happy please reconsider for me and others in similar situations.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

MR

Old Endo Average

Days

New Endo Average

You guys might want to take a double take on these, those endo rewards are better than what it was before. But it is still not worth getting, it still feels like a slap across the face.

When taking a look on the endo cost on mods these rewards are still below average.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Common 10 30 70 150 310 630 1,270 2,550 5,110 10,230
Uncommon 20 60 140 300 620 1,260 2,540 5,100 10,220 20,460
Rare 30 90 210 450 930 1,890 3,810 7,650 15,330 30,690
Legendary 40 120 280 600 1,240 2,520 5,080 10,200 20,440 40,920

10 minutes ago, TheFatDrake said:

If you were there before them, then why are they 2 years+ ahead of you on something as simple as a login?

You only know what this game was like barely a year ago. The other person would have been playing the game in its state 3 years ago. You also don’t know how they spent their time. They could have easily gotten through all the content in 1000 hours and took a break, only logging in for the bonus while they waited for the next content drop. It doesn’t take that long to burn through all of Warframe content, especially if you have as disposable income.

You want the 1000 Day armor set? You should have to log in for 1000 days. By your logic I should be at Day 2500.

I'm not sure where you're picking up the 2500 day logic. My point was that non-progressive systems stink. Being there first is a terrible way to balance a game and is a mentality that has killed or suppressed more than one game. The game company thinks of it as honoring their most devoted fans, but it just creates a two-tiered culture. Thankfully it applies to almost nothing else in game.

Making a game that encourages players to do boring thing is bad game design. If the actual gameplay was bad, then Warframe's grind would be awful. But the core gameplay is good so it's just a progression system. There's always been something I wanted to work on and I enjoy the core game.

But logging in for the sake of logging in is not interesting gameplay. They don't actually need to reward people for logging in. I think they just borrowed that from other F2P games, but it's a crap gameplay mechanic. And really one of the saddest things I can think of for a game is one that rewards you for logging in only to remind you that you don't actually want to do anything in the game.

But frankly that bothers me less than anything that smells of two-tiered culture. In virtually all parts of society, people cling onto their perceived power and status to the detriment of their communities -- the idea that time invested is goodness. Or really anything that they can use to keep others safely below them. Exclusivity is dumb. 

54 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

If this is confirmed and absolutely true then all my butt-hurt-ery ends now! Otherwise, I feel this is a kick in the face to those of us that not only logged-in beyond 200 days, but also played the game beyond 200 days. I remember when I started there was Primed Vigor and Zenistar and I was like 'I'll get them if I enjoy this game enough.' Here I am 839 days in, still playing the game everyday like it just got released or something. I even got a crap-ton of people to play this and they've gone on to bring a crap-ton more.

That part about the repeats is true, as far as I know. But in the dev workshop thread, Reb cleared up that basically none of the reward items will be tradeable. I sort of get why they chose this, more incentive to log on I guess. But yeah, I based what i said off of what was said in the devstream, I hadn't checked the Dev Workshop. 

2 minutes ago, mawdeeps said:

I swear to clem, prodman and the creepy kid who hangs out in my ship. I'm 18 days away from the sigma octantis which is the last thing in the game i need to master to have done them all. If you go ahead with these changes and i have to wait another 100 days imma mail you the rage poop you induce. (jk) but i will not be happy please reconsider for me and others in similar situations.

they won't reset your counter

no but sigma octantis is currently 700 and will move to 800 with the current proposal same with things like zenistar etc. which means my friend who is on around 580 will be able to get it at 600 and i'll have to wait another 4 months

It's better than what we have but it's not what I was anticipating. I thought you'd just pick an item which displays how many days it takes of logging in to receive it (50/100) and then you start progressing to get it. I'd prefer that personally.

I think the 3 separated categories, no need.

I think that would be better if people can choose which 50th reward they want. Sigil, booster, weapon or mod.

I don't see much different from the earlier slow getting what I want.

For mastery, 4 weapon 1st, that cost 200 day.

Who don't need any of that weapon or mastery folder, than maybe mods.

And maybe just maybe for starters booster reactor and catalyst at earlie  maybe a good choice, but the point everybody can choose what want.

Can't be done the 50th prize choose as an inventory choosing, so there can be list all 50th reward not just 3 or 4?

I know it's hard to programm it down. There is so many changing about system and enviroment.

But if can, give it a try.

Good  luck! Keep up the good work! Every year this game is better.

P.s.:Sorry about my bad english, if somebody can understand it pls write it with better grammer. Have a nice day.

Can we just get a log in system without any exclusive weapons or mods?
(so every 50 day reward should be a cosmetic item, a booster or an items that you can earn in game like LC or rivens)

I am around 970 days but most of the time I just log in then press the X because there is nothing I can do because we are not getting any updates for month.
But if you add an other weapon to the 1100 day log in I will not play just keep logging in each day till I get it for sure so there is no point keeping it locked away.

As an extra note I would like to use the Primed Fury in my melee and in my sentinel but I can't because it is limited.
(it would be nice to use the same ranked up mods on weapons and sentinel weapons too)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

I'm not sure where you're picking up the 2500 day logic. My point was that non-progressive systems stink. Being there first is a terrible way to balance a game and is a mentality that has killed or suppressed more than one game. The game company thinks of it as honoring their most devoted fans, but it just creates a two-tiered culture. Thankfully it applies to almost nothing else in game.

Making a game that encourages players to do boring thing is bad game design. If the actual gameplay was bad, then Warframe's grind would be awful. But the core gameplay is good so it's just a progression system. There's always been something I wanted to work on and I enjoy the core game.

But logging in for the sake of logging in is not interesting gameplay. They don't actually need to reward people for logging in. I think they just borrowed that from other F2P games, but it's a crap gameplay mechanic. And really one of the saddest things I can think of for a game is one that rewards you for logging in only to remind you that you don't actually want to do anything in the game.

But frankly that bothers me less than anything that smells of two-tiered culture. In virtually all parts of society, people cling onto their perceived power and status to the detriment of their communities -- the idea that time invested is goodness. Or really anything that they can use to keep others safely below them. Exclusivity is dumb. 

First, It's a login system, not gameplay. You type your account details and click. if had actual do something game-wise to get you have a point. The login reward is a thank you from the devs.

Second, all things in life is about time investment. You right now are investing your time to write forum posts to hopefully gain power to influence the game development the way you want.

I am sorry but i call BS!

You can't take away the prestige that is generated by these logins from people that consistently stayed at this system.

If you want to make this more flexible there have to be locks in place to make it fair.

For example:

Up until login day 299 players cannot choose between the rewards. At day 300 they get to choose between Zenistar or Zenith but NOT anything pass day 500. At day 500 as a result of the choice they made 300 they get the other weapon. Same at 700/900!

This will at least not have a little MR8 walk around with Sigma & Octantis and a MR5 with an armor set ment for the most dedicated. If they have to login anyway at least keep it prestige.

Lonestar Syandana / Armor Set should be locked at their given login days.

BTW i am at 6xx logins.

One singular Primed Mod takes 40,920 Endo to Max. There are more than 30 Primed Mods (not including Umbral or other near-prime cost mods like Narrow Minded) so let's ballpark 50 mods that require at or around 40k endo. That's 2,000,000 endo and I'm sure doesn't even cover half of what you actually need. Why is every way of obtaining Endo RNG-based and why is it always such offensively low amounts? 

Sorry if I sound rude, but it's like you don't want people play, but say "we want people to play". Reward the players. It's such a slap in the face to farm for hours upon hours (or log in day after day) and get literally nothing in return for it.

Personally I think the whole idea of the login rewards is kinda lame. No offense but you're locking content behind people logging in for like 3 seconds daily even when they can just as easily log off right after. That's not an "active player".

Personally I think coming up with new events or even rehashing old ones and putting these mods and weapons and stuff behind token or score based performance would be soooooo much better than just logins... at least the people who get them would have to be somewhat active.

1 minute ago, ThingInABox said:

First, It's a login system, not gameplay. You type your account details and click. if had actual do something game-wise to get you have a point. The login reward is a thank you from the devs.

Second, all things in life is about time investment. You right now are investing your time to write forum posts to hopefully gain power to influence the game development the way you want.

If time investment was the only consideration I wouldn't have a problem with it. The issue is that I would need a time machine to go back and start playing the game earlier. If you said, I put 1000 hours in and you should put in the same, I'm on board. But even if I spent all-day, every-day playing Warframe it doesn't count towards log-ins.

The argument against a more progressive system isn't about time investment. For a lot of people, it's about maintaining status.

7 minutes ago, kaotis said:

And as guessed 0 appreciation to the players that spent all the time to get there and just a change to cater to the new players...Instead of making a catch up mechanic like every survival that you reached 60 min you get 1 day or something like that.... nooooo let's just nerf the system coz it requieres 2 much loyalty and apparently it's 2 fcking hard to log in the game. This video summarizes in part my opinion over the mater and how DE basically gets on their knees and kiss the feet of the new players more than the mesiahs

During the previous Prime Vault in the winter, DE announced plans to introduce a Prime Accessories Pack in some form. The immediate backlash was that the players that had already bought into the Prime Access to get those accessories - when they didn't necessarily need any of the prime frames or weapons that came with them - were being punished for supporting the developers.

DE responded by saying that the Prime Accessory Packs wouldn't be available for that Prime Vault rotation, and that the players that bought those packs - either the original prime access or the Prime Vault packs that were frames, weapons, and accessories all bundled together - had access to those items considerably before anyone that would be getting those cosmetics from future Vault Accessory Packs.

The accessory pack was a feature that had been requested every time the prime vault made an appearance, and when DE listened and announced they were intending to introduce them with the new Prime Vault this summer, there was an immediate backlash from players that thought that others were getting an "easier route" to the content they paid for.

The earlier access to the weapons and prime mods in the current system is a reward for veterans that have been playing this game since the Daily Tribute system was introduced. I am one of those players; I am approaching 950 daily logins. I got to experience the Zenith and the Zenistar on launch before some content creators had time to create videos for them. All of the other systems in Warframe - syndicates, resources, clan research, event weapons, endgame content - are iterative, and tend in the direction of favoring agency on the part of the player and gratifying rewards for participating in the content that DE provides. Why, then, would we expect the Daily Tribute system - which is itself a second iteration upon the daily login rewards - to remain in stasis when the improvements suggested in this workshop improve player agency and a sense of gratification?

In addition, if logging in everyday isn't hard - and I would argue that is the case - then why should we expect *reverence* from DE and the community for doing so? We are not "messiahs" because we have been playing the game longer than other players. We are veterans. We had access to all of the content in the game before these players did, and we have had the privilege - and the detriment - of experiencing these systems as they iterate. That's what we signed up for.

In this workshop, they have delineated a system where we would be getting rewards that were multiple times better than new players for the non-milestone rewards. DE clearly has laid forth a framework where players that have been around a while experience residuals for logging in everyday and supporting Warframe and its community. Don't you think it's more productive to ask for those numbers to be tweaked in our favor than it is to belittle DE for daring to iterate to make the new player experience better?

We don't deserve to be placed on pedestals for being around longer than other players, and it is absurd to me to suggest just because my experience to get access to some content was hard that someone else should have to struggle just as much. Imagine if DE adopted that mindset with the Plains of Eidolon! Everyone that grinded through bounties as they were released would be entitled to ensure that bounties never improved because "they had to grind it the hard way, so everyone else should too". As someone that has done many bounties - from launch until today - I'm glad they're in the state they are now instead of where they were last October.

Your position is antagonistic not only to new players but to the community as a whole because you seem to care more about your status as a player above others than whether or not Warframe's systems improve over time. I invite you to reconsider.

3 minutes ago, Lakais said:

That part about the repeats is true, as far as I know. But in the dev workshop thread, Reb cleared up that basically none of the reward items will be tradeable. I sort of get why they chose this, more incentive to log on I guess. But yeah, I based what i said off of what was said in the devstream, I hadn't checked the Dev Workshop. 

Aw, well my butt-hurt-ery continues and now I must turn up the salt. The rest of the message goes out to the general public.

You got a test in class two weeks from now.

You study your pa-tooty off.

Two weeks have passed and you're now about to take the test.

As the teacher is passing out the test in class, enters Student X.

Student X argues "There was too much material to cover and I wanted to hang out with my homies, please just give me an A"

The teacher gives Student X an A on the test even though Student X didn't even take it.

How do you feel about that?

Those that are for this change: Your best and only argument is that the weapons and mods shouldn't be locked behind such a long time. Any other argument is just pure nonsense. Many of us just kept playing even though we knew it would take 400 days to get Primed Vigor. The best mod Primed Fury is at day 200, what is all the fuss about mates? Can't really use Primed Shred on the best weapons because it causes them to shoot so fast that you run out of ammo and spend most of your time reloading the weapon. I say "man/woman" up and meet the challenge. Why should you be rewarded if you're only going to play Warframe until the next D2 update anyways? That's like me showing up at MIT, demanding a Ph.D in Mathematics be handed to me, getting it and then immediately running off to Harvard. Meanwhile I'm telling the MIT math majors that actually bothered to study that they are elitist, entitled snobs.

This is really disappointing.  I've played Warframe on and off for five years and have spent 1765 hours in-game, I'm MR 25 and the only things I haven't mastered are the Plague Keewar (Hok please), Vauban Prime (WIP), and the daily tribute weapons.

I'm at like...I don't know, 140-something logins, I think.  I played a lot before the game started tracking logins, and now that daily tributes are all that's keeping me from having max non-Founder mastery, I was really excited to hear you were reworking the system.

But it looks like the only things you're changing are favoring daily logins over MR with the endo (it's negligible endo anyway, but I still sighed when I read it), and making it so that people can pick what reward they get when they reach a milestone.  That's...better, but it's a little like trying to put a fire out by spitting on it.  Why bother?

I'd gently argue that mindless daily logins aren't the best indicator of how much a player values the game, but here we are. 

Archived