Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, (XB1)Tuner11111 said:

I am sorry to say this, but these changes are really not an Improvement at all. 

The only good thing in the daily tributes is the zenistar and i am currently at about 220 days. Now instead of having 80 days left, i am facing 180 days of worthless tributes. 

I feel like i am betrayed of my reward. Please DE find a better solution for this or do not change the system at all.

I Agree here, this new system is not an improvement, it makes things worse for allot of players

Any word on our current login days being transferable to the new system? I ask only cuz if those "rare" weapons and mods are at that higher tier of login days, will be able to achieve those before DE changes/omproves the login reward/system again and we all start from 0 like before. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Quoting for visibility! Sorry for the TNT there, Tenno!

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Tuner11111 said:

I am sorry to say this, but these changes are really not an Improvement at all. 

The only good thing in the daily tributes is the zenistar and i am currently at about 220 days. Now instead of having 80 days left, i am facing 180 days of worthless tributes. 

I feel like i am betrayed of my reward. Please DE find a better solution for this or do not change the system at all.

Weapons and Equipment.  Days 100 300 500.  You're still at 80 days left pal.

1 minute ago, TsarWolf said:

This means I will have to wait until Day 400 for the Zenistar even with me hitting it in 40 days?

That's rather demoralizing.

Nope! As you can see in the edit (and my comment above), we are switching the tracks to respect the original milestone days. Sorry for the panic!

I'd love to propose a different Idea:

Zeni-Tokens and permanent account boosts.

Instead of tying the Primed Mods and login-weapons to the daily logins they should be tied to a achivement system (and possible the Elite-Alerts). When clearing certain milestones like kill 10.000 enemies with a shotgun, the player will receive a Zeni-Token. Those tokens can then be used to buy Primed Mods and login-weapons.

To replace the old milestones in the daily login system I suggest permanent account boosts:

Day 100: +10% more Resources
Day 200: +5% more Credits
Day 300: +10% more Affinity

This would eliminate the need to login daily and move the "necessary" items to a play-time based system.

il y a 2 minutes, [DE]Taylor a dit :

Nope! As you can see in the edit (and my comment above), we are switching the tracks to respect the original milestone days. Sorry for the panic!

Better like this... happy that they change it back to old milestone 😄

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones.

I thought the main point of changing it was to make it so it wouldn't take so long to mods/equipment. 

Letting us pick what we get is fine and all, but it will still take the same amount of time to collect everything.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No matter what they do. Keep it... Change it... Upgrate it...

People will complain. Always.

This.

And someone complaining that they are no longer getting the FREE STUFF they seem to think they deserve because they login to a game, presumably to _play_ it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *whew*

How much more entitled does it get than that?

Would it be possible to let us swap already gained login rewards weapons/sigils/mods for other ones when this system gets implemented? I'm pretty okay with waiting another 91 days for S&O but I dunno, if I had the opportunity to get rid of the Azima and Zenith for S&O I'd do that without hesitation. These weapons seem to be meant to be valued for their gimmicks but I'd regard S&O as the best overall weapon in the Sword and Shield category even without the throw.

3 minutes ago, Voldjaw said:

This would eliminate the need to login daily and move the "necessary" items to a play-time based system

The purpose of the daily tribute system with its current reward structure is to incentivize players to login regularly with tangible rewards. Waiting several hundred days to get a small % increase in resources earned in the future doesn't feel as tangible as a weapon or mod, and doesn't feel like a reward for achieving a milestone so much as an encouragement to play more in the future.

I can understand the frustrations people have with not having access to mastery or weapons or mods for potentially years of daily logins, but your suggestion would fundamentally gut all of the motivation players have to engage with the system.

I'm not saying the current login system is optimal, but from DE's perspective, I feel like the goal of this workshop is to improve player's perceptions of engaging with this system, and your suggestion would have the opposite effect.

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines to sell to other players. 

Also I don't get the problem with having only one new thing to choose from because we already HAVE all the rest. We are just ahead of the curve. It's not unfair just because we have eaten up everything given to us already and have little else BUT the new thing to go for. It's just the way things work. I can't imagine the devs just up and basically doubling EVERYTHING in the reward options just for us vets. Even then it'd be a case of "unfairness" as we vets would have half the options the new people have. 

If this is confirmed and absolutely true then all my butt-hurt-ery ends now! Otherwise, I feel this is a kick in the face to those of us that not only logged-in beyond 200 days, but also played the game beyond 200 days. I remember when I started there was Primed Vigor and Zenistar and I was like 'I'll get them if I enjoy this game enough.' Here I am 839 days in, still playing the game everyday like it just got released or something. I even got a crap-ton of people to play this and they've gone on to bring a crap-ton more.

Dear DE,

Today, I will login for my 251st tribute. I was excited about getting a Zenistar in 49 days. It seems that from the information offered so far, I'll be waiting AN EXTRA 100 DAYS!

This is not how you treat your customers. I bought 3 Prime packs, two of which were a pair of frames and weapons I support you DE. Please don't screw me over. Please?

Why do not you consider the possibility for newcomers to catch up with experienced?
For example, a daily task that would increase the counter by +1 (but did not give a reward)

translated by Google

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

I like all of these changes although it doesn't quite address the sheer amount of logins required for newer accounts. Not being able to trade weapons/mods is ok, as it'll stop extra accounts being created purely for the purpose of earning these items faster.

I would like to make two different suggestions that approaches the login tribute differently:

• Have a 48hr weekend alert every 2 months or so that adds days to your current track so that your next login finishes the track. This reduces the number of logins required slightly at the expense of receiving resources from the daily tribute, and you can disable/hide the alert for accounts that are within 150 days of the current daily login maximum value. At 2 months (60 days, 50 min logins) a player could gain the equivalent of 100 days. There's still a significant amount of time before you'd catch up to within 150 days of the maximum.
  • Turn the daily login system into a weekly alert (similar to Clem, ayatan sculpture hunt). Significantly increase and reward a mix of items (have 4 drop tables and grant a reward from each table). Every x completions of the alert is a rotation and allows the player to pick a reward (rotation a = sigil/resource packs, b = mods, c = weapons).

I just don't understand who these changes are for? There seems to be this vocal minority of people whining about the stuff locked behind this time-gate. So what? There's plenty of people who have earned the rewards already, it's not like any of them are necessary either. They're bonuses. It never kept me awake at night that I didn't have the Sigma and Octantis. I just played the game, ground my stuff, earned my mastery and got a prize once in a while. 

Why change the system? Log in rewards benefit the people who have logged in the most, it's implicit! I do not see the issue here. All I can see is people getting angry they can't get a shiny thing, these are the only items in game you can't drop plat on. Everything else in this game you work for, you grind it, you craft it, you wait. Is the issue that the time-scale is too long? If that's the case just squash the milestones down, give everybody the rewards retroactively (i.e. if you've played 1000 days you earn earn everything up to that milestone) and move on.

Don't even get me started on a choice of Prime Mods, none of the older players got to choose, that doesn't seem right.

Doing it based on login days isn't really fair for the first part, it doesn't account for how much the person has actually played. For example I only started playing after Plains of Eidolon and only have 270 days but I have reached MR 24 and played for 1000+ hours. Under the proposed system someone who has played very little and just logged in every few days but not played much might have the same number of days, but no where near the number of hours or MR rank.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)H3L1X said:

Dear DE,

Today, I will login for my 251st tribute. I was excited about getting a Zenistar in 49 days. It seems that from the information offered so far, I'll be waiting AN EXTRA 100 DAYS!

This is not how you treat your customers. I bought 3 Prime packs, two of which were a pair of frames and weapons I support you DE. Please don't screw me over. Please?

Hey there -- if you read the edits made to the main post at 2:31pm EST today, you'd see that we're swapping the Weapon and Mod tracks to better reflect the current milestones. :) 

That means Weapons will be 100/300/500, etc!

Archived