Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

I am glad you have rethought the rewards but here are my 2credits (or 2mil, depending);

I would be glad if weapons and primed mods came about a bit more often. It still seems to be 200 days between each weapon/primed mod -which is quite a while. Sure, for people like me, it's no biggie as we already have everything that's come out, but it still promotes elitism and people that login, get the daily, log out. No, I'm NOT saying you should turn login rewards to having to do 1-2-3-120 missions to get it. Just saying; make weapons/mods that come from loging come either more often or be possible to get through alternative means. Playing for 200 days to get a cosmetic and then another 200 days to get the second part to that cosmetic (i.e. Lodestar Syandana and Lodestar Armor set) brings the total to 400 days, MORE THAN A YEAR.Most people would either burn out or just quit. Bring them in more often, please.

Also; if those rewards don't include Primed Chamber, I'm going to be REALLY angry. It's high time this mod became available to everyone!

• Old system, final login reward weapon on day 700
  • New proposed system, final login reward weapon on day 700

Doesn't this sound wrong?

I propose this: Every milestone (50 days, currently) let players pick whatever they want from the reward table just like Syndicates. Simple, no fuss. It gives players control on what to prioritize - do they just want evergreen packs? Cool, they can. Do they want sigils? Cool, they can. Do they want weapons? Cool, they can.

I like MR. It's what I chose to focus on. I'm MR25 and maxed out on everything accessible to me well before day 300. For me, neither the current or the proposed system is an incentive to log in for over a year to finish that out, it's a problem! But if players could just choose every milestone, they're in control, they get to make real choices, and they get real rewards. Much more carrot, much less stick.

Time-gate cosmetics to "must have logged in at least x days to pick this" if you want, but primed mods and weapons should be accessible every milestone imo.

OMG De, just dont. You can include ALL this scalin system the customization and everything good you have in mind, BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE MILESTONES. No one asked for this, this is screwin up ppl. Just don't. You guys are really nice, but this seems just like you were bored and decided to change something that did not needed change at all.

1 minute ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

If time investment was the only consideration I wouldn't have a problem with it. The issue is that I would need a time machine to go back and start playing the game earlier. If you said, I put 1000 hours in and you should put in the same, I'm on board. But even if I spent all-day, every-day playing Warframe it doesn't count towards log-ins.

The argument against a more progressive system isn't about time investment. For a lot of people, it's about maintaining status.

It's not status. It's not like the majority of people are gaming it and only logging and logging out. Most of those people are playing when they sign in. Those rewards mean something. They earned them. All you are saying is that you are too lazy or disinterested to work for it. And that's fine. Play the game as much or as little as you want. But you are not entitled to get everything if you don't do the work for it. You are guaranteed very few things in this game, most it take time farming to get. Kinda like the login reward system.

What they really need to do is make the days in between more meaningful. Those rewards are nothing except the boosters, and those almost always guaranteed game play as you don't want to waste them. if they made more of those everyday rewards like somehow, i bet a lot of people wouldn't mind the wait so much

FFXIV just recently gutted their "Veteran Rewards" system to only have a few cosmetics that require a year to get all of them and moved the rest of the stuff to a new system where you exchange a special currency obtained by earning in game achievements for them. Perhaps the mods/weapons and maybe even some other "evergreen" things could be the same way here?

3 minutes ago, ThingInABox said:

It's not status. It's not like the majority of people are gaming it and only logging and logging out. Most of those people are playing when they sign in. Those rewards mean something. They earned them. All you are saying is that you are too lazy or disinterested to work for it. And that's fine. Play the game as much or as little as you want. But you are not entitled to get everything if you don't do the work for it. You are guaranteed very few things in this game, most it take time farming to get. Kinda like the login reward system.

What they really need to do is make the days in between more meaningful. Those rewards are nothing except the boosters, and those almost always guaranteed game play as you don't want to waste them. if they made more of those everyday rewards like somehow, i bet a lot of people wouldn't mind the wait so much

If the people are playing when they sign in, then the system isn't that meaningful. I'm MR 24, 600+ hours in. It's probably more, but I haven't checked in awhile. I've played the game for almost a year exclusively. But even if I made the game my entire life, the amount of time it's going to take to collect the meaningful log-in rewards remains the same. That's my problem.

I'm fine with a put X hours in, get X hours out. But this isn't an argument for doing the work, this is an argument for having been there at the right time.

And by-the-by, I could literally go through the login process an extra 1000 times to put in the same "work" and it wouldn't count. There is no argument here for "putting in the work".

I do not like the endo reward scaling. Getting a few hundred endo for someone who played over a year or two does not seem very rewarding. By day 1000, we'd have a way to farm endo and the amount would be basically chump change. If that's the intention, by all means, but the endo rewards should eventually equate to the amount of a completed Ayatan Sculpture at least in my opinion. Even if the endo equates to the lowest rewarding Ayatan sculpture, it's more than getting a few hundred endo that won't have use for a player who is several hundred days of logging in.

The things i wish to see for milestones :

• allow us to bought schemas (in the market) of the weapon if we unlock it, for allow us to bought more (ex : for have 5 of the same weaps for have a lens of different Focus Schools for have the same weap but with a different Lens, or for have more than 3 builds).
  • allow us to change rank of a mod as we wants if we reach the rank (ex : for a 10 ranks mod, if we reach the rank 10 of this mod, we can put it on a build at rank 10 or less. If we reach rank 5, we can put it on a build at rank 5 or less, but not at rank 6 or more until we reached the rank. This change can help us to put Legendary mods at the rank we wants (really useful for Umbra/Sacrificials/Daily Tributes Mods we only have ones, and for have only one Mod of each))

Thanks for reading me 😉

I can't seem to see any benefit or actual change whatsoever with the proposed changes, at least not with my current log-in count. Still need to wait the same number of days to unlock what I had the most interest in, or all the gameplay stuff.

Also just funny to think of all the people that will stop logging in until the change is implemented because they are close to an undesirable milestone...

1 hour ago, f3llyn said:

Beta player here. Couldn't care less that other people can get those weapons. In fact I'm happy for them, if that's actually true. I haven't looked into it since my return to the game a few weeks ago.

Also, I absolutely love when people pretend to be offended on behalf of others.

I don't. It's so patronizing. So stop doing that.

Aside from that you listed one specific thing out of dozens and maybe hundreds of things DE has changed or added to the game in the last year. I hardly call that catering to new players.

Did you read that I said I don't care if they're giving away beta and other items? That they're taking away my "toys". I just want them to acknowledge the dedication of old players. They could make alerts for any item that hasn't come back yet, and I wouldn't really care. Just acknowledge the dedication of your older players, even if it's just something tiny and almost insignificant.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

You got a test in class two weeks from now.

You study your pa-tooty off.

Two weeks have passed and you're now about to take the test.

As the teacher is passing out the test in class, enters Student X.

Student X argues "There was too much material to cover and I wanted to hang out with my homies, please just give me an A"

The teacher gives Student X an A on the test even though Student X didn't even take it.

How do you feel about that?

I mark an F on your post and scribble in small text "see me after class" for this abhorrent excuse of a comparison. When the test is literally 'use your keyboard for 5 minutes each day' to claim a free reward that requires no additional effort I don't think the teacher cares if you've managed to do it for 50 days or 500 days. The task you've been given is inane and minimal effort, and if your ability to do it more than others is the only thing defining you from those that come after you then the teacher would be thoroughly disappointed at how much you've wasted the bastion of opportunity the school represents.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Those that are for this change: Your best and only argument is that the weapons and mods shouldn't be locked behind such a long time. Any other argument is just pure nonsense. Many of us just kept playing even though we knew it would take 400 days to get Primed Vigor. The best mod Primed Fury is at day 200, what is all the fuss about mates? Can't really use Primed Shred on the best weapons because it causes them to shoot so fast that you run out of ammo and spend most of your time reloading the weapon. I say "man/woman" up and meet the challenge. Why should you be rewarded if you're only going to play Warframe until the next D2 update anyways? That's like me showing up at MIT, demanding a Ph.D in Mathematics be handed to me, getting it and then immediately running off to Harvard. Meanwhile I'm telling the MIT math majors that actually bothered to study that they are elitist, entitled snobs.

The fact that you upped the ante by going from test to Ph.D. and claiming that someone who logged in for 800 days in a video game is equivalent to someone who went through the spectacularly brutal effort required to specialize yourself in a specific field to the point that you can have the title "Doctor" before your name is more insulting than calling them elitist snobs would've been. Push off with this garbage.

A Reminder:

On every game out there. Login Rewards are invitations, not prizes on their own. It's meant to encourage players to come back often for the occasional rewards and check the game, see what's going on. Maybe you caught that alternate helmet for one of your favorite frames on the alert? Maybe there is a Catalyst invasion up, maybe you are really not into playng that particular momment, but you still checked in.

Let me point this out: it HAS to be encouraging, instead of shoving an almost 2 year long run of logins, that's NOT encouraging, it's in fact discouraging.

It's NOT about your prestige, it's not about keeping people from getting the Sigma & Octantis that you just got. The prestige excuse does in fact the opposite purpose of what login rewards exist for.

Just got zenistar and it wasn't worth the hype. Was hoping to have this tribute system in so I could have instead picked sigma and octanis,  only because it looks like something I might actually use. Oh well, only most of another year not... content drought is real... sigh. Well... it's better than it was I guess.

I love the new system, wonderful work DE for updating this waiting game to be more futureproof.

By changing this system, you can easily implement new sett's of gear without it being hidden behind years of logging inn. Are we loosing prestige? I don't think the current system should be a sign of prestige. People could have done nothing else than logging inn and collecting the reward, that or build a macro to do it, I think our prestige in game should rather come from what we do in the game. Warframe is developing further and further, implementing new content and challenges. Something I see more prestigious than waiting for picking up something when I log inn.

This is as fresh wind in our sails, I can’t wait to see what the future brings.  :D

Disclaimer: I am (generally) on the side that items behind a wait wall is anti-fun and a bit exploitative, I am also around 960 days. Don't forget that we exist DE, this is not a unanimous voice of "this is bad", quite a few of us appreciate the changes.

That said, I am in favor with the proposed changes. The endo reward is mostly meaningless, but given that you only have to log in to get it I have no issue. At least it is now "low" and not "insultingly low".

Unfortunately, you can't completely ignore the prestige aspect because the system has been in place for so long (this is what happens when you procrastinate on pressing issues, DE) there is now a precedent for "meaningful rewards".

So, here are some ideas...

• Create a sundial "set bonus". For each of the sundial themed weapons, syandana, and armor you have equipped you get a energy effect added to the firing of your weapon and maybe a constant aura as well.
  • New sigil/glyph/item that gets more and more energy effects/particles the more daily logins you do. Maybe having it progress every 50-100 days.
  • -or- Ignore the fire as it will go away in a few weeks.

The greater issue here is that there is nothing in game that shows how long you played, no item that took hours and hours of working for. There is little to nothing in the terms of long-term progression.... except daily login. Maybe take this as (another) sign that we really, really want some end-game. Like, Focus, for example. For some reason Focus is made to have an "end" despite being an "end-game" system. There was also the mostly abandoned Stratos emblem. We just (finally) had another tactical alert, but the thing that shows how much time you have been put into completing those alerts is spectacularly bland.

The idea is both Good and Bad...

See if it were to be introduced right now someone with 251 days would be screwed reason being with the shift they wouldn't get the zenistar at 300...instead would have to wait another 149 days. That is a 100 days shift....and that's why the other half of the community isn't pleased because it's a huge slap in the face. Shifting the numbers and milestones.

5 hours ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

as title says everyone gets choices except the ones who are at the max logins available we only get whatever new weapon or mod de issues we dont get a 1 of 3 choice ie primed mods weapons or syndanna's...kinda thought thats what trading was going to balance for us at the max logins...the the riven mods and endo whatever seem okay but not the primed mods and weapons thats only balanced for those with less logins

You aren’t perceiving the change correctly because you are so narrowly focused on this as a “fairness” issue.

Being able to choose SOMETHING doesn’t mean you have the LOGIN capital to choose everything.

Archived