Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

54 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

This is timing is different than current system. If this were implemented, players would have a delay of 100 days; a 3rd of a year; 4 months, et. al before they get the mods/weapons they've been waiting for in the current system which is: 

1. Sigils and Resources. 50

2. Weapons and Equipment. 100

3. Primed Mods. 200

Please don't screw us out of our quinquagintisol/centisol bread. 

^Not a typo

1 minute ago, (PS4)ramsez31416 said:

I think his is to cheap... If you guys move the zenistar from 300 days just when iam getting there i leave the game... I will prefere to play Destiny than look back...i would not loging another 100 day just for a weapon... Bye bye...

we all know you are just making the drama queen

Good on removing the plan on having them tradeable, that would have been a horrible idea.

Also good to have scaling rewards (...would also be good to have a similar idea for Onslaught & Kuva survival.. just saying).

Nice to see changes overall to the login reward system, not really sold on the "track" idea, but any change is good. Would prefer seeing consecutive logins given some form of reward (which would incentivize people to keep logging in everyday), primarily in the form of allowing a multiplier for login days once you get a high enough streak. Could simply be at 200 days of logging in, you get a 2x multiplier (with nothing beyond 2x). Then that 1000 day login reward would be obtainable at day 600 (200 + the halved remainder, just as long as they never broke the streak). Anyone who would be at the current maximum login days would be unaffected by the multiplier as they would be "capped".

Wow...now instead of waiting 25 more days to get my long awaited Zenistar I just need to wait 4 more months. Thanks DE.

edit: Thanks a lot for reverting the weapon/mod acquisition days. You guys don't realise how much of a relief this actually is, seeing as I've been waiting for this weapon pretty much since I started playing.

12 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

as title says everyone gets choices except the ones who are at the max logins available we only get whatever new weapon or mod de issues we dont get a 1 of 3 choice ie primed mods weapons or syndanna's...kinda thought thats what trading was going to balance for us at the max logins...the the riven mods and endo whatever seem okay but not the primed mods and weapons thats only balanced for those with less logins

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines to sell to other players. 

Also I don't get the problem with having only one new thing to choose from because we already HAVE all the rest. We are just ahead of the curve. It's not unfair just because we have eaten up everything given to us already and have little else BUT the new thing to go for. It's just the way things work. I can't imagine the devs just up and basically doubling EVERYTHING in the reward options just for us vets. Even then it'd be a case of "unfairness" as we vets would have half the options the new people have. 

choice between what? newer players can choose between the rewards they dont have, the same as you. The only difference is that you already have everything the system offer right now, so its pretty obvious that you can only choose 1 new reward at a time....

1 minute ago, Lakais said:

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines to sell to other players. 

Also I don't get the problem with having only one new thing to choose from because we already HAVE all the rest. We are just ahead of the curve. It's not unfair just because we have eaten up everything given to us already and have little else BUT the new thing to go for. It's just the way things work. I can't imagine the devs just up and basically doubling EVERYTHING in the reward options just for us vets. Even then it'd be a case of "unfairness" as we vets would have half the options the new people have. 

Having them tradeable has been removed from the plan (which having them even being tradeable was a terrible idea).

To the OP:

This isn't FOR you, if you're already at max, then great, but the current system has been busted for a long time now, so any change is good.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

So people below 200, 400, etc. will get two weapons earlier than those who aren't there when it gets implemented, which is a bit alarming, but even worse if this is getting implemented after how it is currently. People who are above the weapon login dates are going to completely miss their choice of what they wan't for 200ish days, this doesn't seem right to me.

6 minutes ago, --SKZ--Pizza said:

Oh no this is REALLY bad... there are issues with this. If i'm at day 667 i'll only get the Sigma and Octantis at day 800. Is that correct? are there any plans for preventing this?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's a typo as its an inverse of the current system.

Can you pick the same reward more than once? Are there any limits? (i.e. can I just get 3 Rivens on every single 50s milestone?)

Are new "unique" rewards planned for the 100s and 200s milestones, or is the current set of equipment/weapons/mods just "it" and everything afterwards evergreen-type stuff?

Thanks!

These changes are very welcome and I'm glad to hear about them.

While I myself am not really in any need of a catch-up mechanic, I still think the idea is worth discussing openly. Due to the frankly massively long-term commitment that the login system presents, I know of many players and clanmates who simply don't bother to log in because they know it's impossible to catch up. It is intimidating to step into a game and think about what you're going to be doing there in two years, but it can also be upsetting to think that when you get there, everyone else will still be two years ahead.

Have you considered the idea of rewarding consecutive logins with accelerating your progress along the timeline? Of course, this would have to be capped at whatever the "global" timer is at, counting from the inception of the daily tribute system.

Even something as simple as an extra day for each one you log in past a consecutive week could slash the wait from three years in half. Cutting it down even more than that would be ideal in my eyes-- I strongly believe that there is a lot to gain from players committed enough to keep up that consecutive streak, and there is reason to incentivize them to want to keep it going. If that's not enough, maybe presenting players with the option to skip their reward to skip a day might also address concerns of less-than-stellar resource/credit/endo drops.

To call to an anecdote, I have a friend who's barely past 300 on his logins, but he's a vet overflowing with resources. There won't be anything he needs from his daily tribute, and he just doesn't see the point in committing to the logins when he knows he can't ever catch up in a system where everybody advances at the same pace, but he started far behind due to hiatus. In a semi-related note, burnout is real and it affects a lot of people playing this game after a while. Presenting returning players with the notion that they can (with vigilance) work their way back in to the top encourages them to stay longer, and it bolsters the community and players immediately surrounding them. For example, I am certain that old clans where warlords seldom log on are not uncommon. I don't suppose anybody would disagree if I posit that having more active clans would be good for Warframe.

Committed veterans with a lot to show for it might be upset that they don't get to show off their new shiny exclusive armor, but under the new system, a player could select those after 200 days if I'm not mistaken. Even under the alternatively proposed tradeable rewards, there would be far less exclusivity to the 1% that can, will, and has logged in every day. Instead, enjoying the breadth of all rewards, especially the newly-introduced ones just as soon as they come out, should be satisfying enough.

Not to mention a catch-up mechanic would serve the die-hards just as well. Life has got to eventually get in the way of keeping that up, and working your schedule around something like that cannot be healthy. Were I in their shoes, I'd much prefer the peace of mind of being able to take a vacation or do other stuff than have to set a daily reminder-- or otherwise looking for more out-of-the-way and dubious solutions like automating logins.

This hasn't been the most well-organized comment, but I do think that there are many reasons for why a catch-up mechanic would make benefiting from the system more accessible and appealing to more players-- reasons that would be good for the community and Warframe in the long term. I hope you consider some of these, but I am glad regardless that the system is being officially addressed.

il y a 15 minutes, InappropriateTennoName5009 a dit :

why would you take another old weapon or primed mod? thats not really a choice since you cant trade them

you will be able to trade them.

Also the new system is meant to be better for new players. You should've understood by now that all that matters is new players' experience.

While I still find the new system bad, this is already an improvement (far from sufficient though).

14 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

as title says everyone gets choices except the ones who are at the max logins available we only get whatever new weapon or mod de issues

OH NO POOR PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING!

Let's all feel very sorry for people who have everything.

Poor, poor us.

Having no choice because you already own everything is basically the textbook definition of misery.

Archived