[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

Please let it be retroactive. I would love to swap out a lot of my less desireable rewards for milestones that I would rather have. 

These changes are very welcome and I'm glad to hear about them.

While I myself am not really in any need of a catch-up mechanic, I still think the idea is worth discussing openly. Due to the frankly massively long-term commitment that the login system presents, I know of many players and clanmates who simply don't bother to log in because they know it's impossible to catch up. It is intimidating to step into a game and think about what you're going to be doing there in two years, but it can also be upsetting to think that when you get there, everyone else will still be two years ahead.

Have you considered the idea of rewarding consecutive logins with accelerating your progress along the timeline? Of course, this would have to be capped at whatever the "global" timer is at, counting from the inception of the daily tribute system.

Even something as simple as an extra day for each one you log in past a consecutive week could slash the wait from three years in half. Cutting it down even more than that would be ideal in my eyes-- I strongly believe that there is a lot to gain from players committed enough to keep up that consecutive streak, and there is reason to incentivize them to want to keep it going. If that's not enough, maybe presenting players with the option to skip their reward to skip a day might also address concerns of less-than-stellar resource/credit/endo drops.

To call to an anecdote, I have a friend who's barely past 300 on his logins, but he's a vet overflowing with resources. There won't be anything he needs from his daily tribute, and he just doesn't see the point in committing to the logins when he knows he can't ever catch up in a system where everybody advances at the same pace, but he started far behind due to hiatus. In a semi-related note, burnout is real and it affects a lot of people playing this game after a while. Presenting returning players with the notion that they can (with vigilance) work their way back in to the top encourages them to stay longer, and it bolsters the community and players immediately surrounding them. For example, I am certain that old clans where warlords seldom log on are not uncommon. I don't suppose anybody would disagree if I posit that having more active clans would be good for Warframe.

Committed veterans with a lot to show for it might be upset that they don't get to show off their new shiny exclusive armor, but under the new system, a player could select those after 200 days if I'm not mistaken. Even under the alternatively proposed tradeable rewards, there would be far less exclusivity to the 1% that can, will, and has logged in every day. Instead, enjoying the breadth of all rewards, especially the newly-introduced ones just as soon as they come out, should be satisfying enough.

Not to mention a catch-up mechanic would serve the die-hards just as well. Life has got to eventually get in the way of keeping that up, and working your schedule around something like that cannot be healthy. Were I in their shoes, I'd much prefer the peace of mind of being able to take a vacation or do other stuff than have to set a daily reminder-- or otherwise looking for more out-of-the-way and dubious solutions like automating logins.

This hasn't been the most well-organized comment, but I do think that there are many reasons for why a catch-up mechanic would make benefiting from the system more accessible and appealing to more players-- reasons that would be good for the community and Warframe in the long term. I hope you consider some of these, but I am glad regardless that the system is being officially addressed.

• Upvote 4

I'm less than a month away from the Zenith which I've been waiting to use pretty much all year. I really hope these changes don't come in before that window has passed.

• Like 1

il y a 15 minutes, InappropriateTennoName5009 a dit :

why would you take another old weapon or primed mod? thats not really a choice since you cant trade them

you will be able to trade them.

Also the new system is meant to be better for new players. You should've understood by now that all that matters is new players' experience.

While I still find the new system bad, this is already an improvement (far from sufficient though).

Some people might want to grab another old login reward weapon if they've sold it in the past and are no longer in possession of it

14 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

as title says everyone gets choices except the ones who are at the max logins available we only get whatever new weapon or mod de issues

OH NO POOR PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING!

Let's all feel very sorry for people who have everything.

Poor, poor us.

Having no choice because you already own everything is basically the textbook definition of misery.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

There is nothing to balance. High log in players have simply had more chances to get duplicates of what they want, or can complete their collection of log in items faster than those you haven't. It's always just been a timed exclusivity that you're provided with, nothing more, nothing less. And that's how it'll stay.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

1 minute ago, BalaDeSilver said:

8 typos in a row....

I mean more of @[DE]Rebecca just having the wrong order in mind when typing up the topic, it happens quite a bit where people think the mods are on the 100, 300, 500, and then the weapons on the 200, 400, 600.

So yeah, it is possible that because of that, the topic is basically filled with "typos".

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

I'm ok with the whole Daily Tribute rework, but we need to address "evergreen rewards" and "fourth category" here and now, we need to know what's going to be and maybe suggest stuff more useful to whom is going to reach past the 1000 Milestone. Basically, ask veterans what they\we wants to receive after the 1000 milestone, please, and thank you for everything as always.

Edited by Namastyler

Wait wait wait. So if I've already got the damn guns etc which I have absolutely no interest in and just recently got a weapon that I have no interest in I still have to wait another 200 days to get the Sword and shield I want. Well that doesn't help S#&$ for me...

Also, if a new players starting today your ok with forcing him to wait 2 years at least to get all the weapons? This system still has the exact same problems as the old then.

If it was just sigils and potatoes and cosmetics, fine, whatever. But forcing people to wait 2 years for a weapon isn't ok.

Edited by PH0T0Nman
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Stop it. Just no. 

You're screwing over everyone with this. (And why the hell is the cosmetic options part of the weapon rewards. We had to wait 800-1000 days for simply cosmetic items. there was no need at all to make them available earlier as they literally add nothing but looks to the game)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

It's still the same trash system. Giving some "scaling"(275 endo what a joke) and illusion of choice don't make new system. Also any major gamaplay changing elements(as in weapons) shouldn't be in any decent login system ever

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

you may have missed the part of rebeccas post where you cant sell the login rewards ...this seems all about making it fair for new players yet doing nothing for older login reward players...all de would have to do is a have constant stable of 3 new choices at the max tier of logins so we always have a choice

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Having them tradeable has been removed from the plan (which having them even being tradeable was a terrible idea).

My apologies, I don't frequent the Dev Workshop as much as I should. 

But as for the new rewards... I'm not saying that we shouldn't have new options, but there is a case to be made for efficient allocation of dev resources. Cranking out Prime versions of somewhat useful mods is all well and good but it'll get stale fast and combinations of near game-breaking power creep will become an even greater issue. New weapons is neat but problem is making them "worthy" of that system. As in interesting and going with the theme enough to be stuck in there, but not awesome enough as to be a solid option for the market because food ain't free. 

And just because there aren't that many NEW options doesn't mean we won't have choices. Not all the tier rewards might end up as mods or weapons we already have. As I said before, boosters and important consumables like potatoes are also a possibility. 

I dont think this way solves the issues that already exist. It still means those of us who can't log on every day are never going to get everything, and people who are already at the verybhughest level are still only chasing the next new thing to be added. The original idea of letting people pick what they wanted seems like it was a better idea to me.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

I would assume that when they release the updated system they'll have several tracks that can be chosen for the 1000 day peeps. Like 3 things they can go for. That would give DE more time to refine the system and add more stuff.

with no trades older login reward players will only really have one choice the newest one balance works both ways ...all de would have to do is create new choices in the weapons and primed mods category instead of only having the one real choice the newest one

Easy way to fix this without being anti-fun by blocking weapons and mods from players who can't log-in on daily basis or just joined.

1. Sigils and Resources every 50 days. 50, 100, 150, etc.

Sigils could be like the ones talked about in the recent streams, they shine brighter every tier. Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Armour Parts and Primed Syandana every 100 days. 100, 200, 300 etc.

3. Ship Cosmetics, Captura Cosmetics every 200 days. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Specially with the up coming Railjack ship.

No trading is fair because of alts.

Edited by Brufh
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

I wasn't aware there's scaling at all. Sure doesn't feel like it.  I'm not against the idea of numbers of days matering; most games with daily logins have that to an extent. But removing the value of higher MR entirely seems counterintuitive--  MR means people are actually playing and not just logging in.

If not for the endo, maybe apply MR as a multiplier for the other ordinary resources?  When my "reward" is a single neurode, I just roll my eyes and wonder why I even bothered.  17 neurodes, though?  That'd be cool.

• Like 1

Nothing has changed. The new system is the same old crap.

Problem with Daily Tribute: Have to log in daily for years to get rewards that HAVE ACTUAL USE IN THE GAME.

Problem with these upcoming changes: Have to log in daily for years to get rewards that HAVE ACTUAL USE IN THE GAME.

I say it again: NOTHING has changed.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

I really hope it scale down to 30 day cycle.

And another idea would be, reset ALL milestones.
So everyone could login after the patch and could choose all milestones up to their current state.
But every player keep the already obtained milestones from the old system.

So we may get some stuff twice if there isn't any new choice, but DE could just add some stuff into the rotation people could choose if they already got all the mods/weapons.

So I'm assuming that when these reward choices become active those of us who have already passed those specific points are stuck with what we got at that time? It's a cool system idea, I'm just concerned about what happens to players at higher login days than others after the change is dropped.

Edited by Rhundis

Why do so called "veteran" players whine whenever DE makes a move to improve things for new players? Whether you like it or not those new players keep DE running. Not every update needs to be catered to older players.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

I understand the want to have options, and that is a very nice change, but the question I have is why are you changing the days that items are rewarded on?  Currently weapons are on the 100,300 etc, and mods are on the 200,400 etc.  You have effectively lengthened the time to get all mastery xp from the by 100 days.  What was the thought process on this?

• Upvote 1