The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's 4 energy cost was increased.

Caliboom

45 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

Just...why? What's the point? It was fine the way it was, most of the community agreed that it was fine. Why did you listen to that one content creator who complained about it instead of actually listening to the community? I knew this would end up happening.

I think that 12 whose to much because you can use that power in just 10 to 20 sec. But now that is just double and its double the problem...😑

54 minutes ago, Imstillnotsure123 said:

actually use Revenant for his other abilities

They should probably make his other abilities worth using then. Start by removing the casting delay from his 3, and increasing the number of hits absorbed by his 2 to a level that isn't a waste of energy maybe. 

1 hour ago, Imstillnotsure123 said:

It's probably because they wanted people to actually use Revenant for his other abilities, since on release Revenant was basically useless apart from his ult, making him a one trick pony. I agree the change is stupid though, should make his other abilities useful rather than nerf the one good one.

But his other abilities still aren’t worth using nearly as much.

20 Energy/cost, Compare to Hysteria and Peacemaker, is way too high. peacemaker have a base Energy cost of 12 Energy/sec and Hysteria have a 2.5 Energy/sec but it reach at a cap of 15 i think. Even Nekros have a 10 Energy Cost per Drop so 20 is definitely the highest in the game right now.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Presumably the reason is to get people off their butts and moving around to pick up energy orbs or something, rather than pressing 4 on Hydron and going to the toilet.

Shrug

I don't like or agree with the playstyle, but even I think 20 might be a bit too much. If DE want to limit how long people are just sitting there doing nothing, then give it a duration so that they have to recast it frequently or something...

Meanwhile I can press banshees fourth and have enough time to go make a drink, have a smoke and take a leak.😁

Edited by RoninJed

2 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

According to Redtext, the ability had been used too much as a "fire and forget" ability due to the builds people were using. This new value is a test value and they are taking feedback. So lets get some actual data shall we?

Now if only Redtext would look at the overuse of Equinox's Day-form Fire & Forget Maim ability. Because hey, let's nerf everyone named EMBER but not Equinox.

The funny thing about this is.

He only has one skill that sees no use and that is his #1. The other skills are fine, Mesmer is flat out awesome (no idea how people lose the stacks quickly), Reave has its role (mobility during Dance or as a quick shield/hp refill in tight dense situations. So in order to get us to use #1 more (which is very lackluster, even for the slight synergy it brings to other skills) they increase the cost of Dance... uhm... what? Why? That just isnt a solution.

Prior to todays patch a Primed Cont + Augur Message or Constitution was enough to get a decent cost on Dance. After the patch people will fit in a Narrow Minded aswell, which gets the cost to the same spot and even slightly cheaper. It however kills range, meaning you need to be up close (10m) to use Enthrall. That isnt exactly something that makes the skill scream "USE MEEEE!". It turns into quite the opposite. It was already kinda "meh", now it is even more "meh".

I mean, the overshields are practically pointless unless you play Revenant in a very drunk, sleepy or stoned kinda haze. Mesmer is there as our defense so we can play around with that instead. It is cheaper to recast Mesmer when it falls off than constanty having to pump out Enthralls in order to have something to "consume" when killing with Dance.

So in the end, these changes were pretty much pointless on all front, they simply didnt achieve anything.

What he actually needs is a buff to his #1 and a far better sync with Dance and Reave. He could actually use some Saryn treatment. Each thrall killed by dance or hit/killed by Reave spreads enthrall to new targets if the cap isnt full (in case of Reave). That would mean you need to atleast use Enthrall once much like spores and then the other skills help it spread, just like Miasma. The spread could also be a thing if your friends kill an enthralled enemy, much like how spores work.

That would actually make his whole kit sync well and make his gameplay smooth. There is no reason at the moment to use thralls at all. And the "solution" in todays patch is just a very silly joke.

12 minutes ago, Noibat said:

@SneakyErvin apparently they did buff his Thrall,  it now caps at 7 thralls.  

It still requires you to actually wanna pop out of Dance or stop firing/meleeing to use it. The skill just isnt worth the energy as it works now, because the thralls are dead within seconds and provide nothing useful in return. You are better off just keeping your Mesmer up as needed and using Dance to wipe out large groups while melee or ranged takes care of the rest. And as I said, with one more dura or efficiency mod, Dance is used the same as before.

Enthrall needs a major buff through kit changes to make it worth using after you hit level 10.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It still requires you to actually wanna pop out of Dance or stop firing/meleeing to use it. The skill just isnt worth the energy as it works now, because the thralls are dead within seconds and provide nothing useful in return. You are better off just keeping your Mesmer up as needed and using Dance to wipe out large groups while melee or ranged takes care of the rest. And as I said, with one more dura or efficiency mod, Dance is used the same as before.

Enthrall needs a major buff through kit changes to make it worth using after you hit level 10.

Enthrall becomes much more useful in later levels. At lvl 50 and below,  everything dies too fast to even make his 4th skill necessary,  let alone his thralls.  Kind of a moot argument,  tbh.

To top that off,  enthrall and ballerina don't  really synergize anyhow.  If you want to kill everything,  press 4. If you want to heal, tank or draw aggro,  press 1-2-3. His skills scale relatively well right now.  Problem is that his 4 is just powerful enough to make the rest of his kit irrelevant for the easy content. 

Edited by Noibat

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I do not agree with this.  I have been using his 1,2,4 powers quite often. Thralls die and produce a high damage dot/aoe on the spot which sticks around for a while. You can pretty much cover the battlefield with them while you shoot.  Plus the thralls are only dead in seconds if players are killing them.  Otherwise they last a long time and take incoming damage away from the team.

I've been playing him pretty heavily since he came out and have him fully forma'ed.  So far I do not have any major complaints with him for any of the content I or my team regularly do.  He does need a few teaks to polish him up but nothing groundbreaking.

As far as his number 4 power getting the power cost increase. I havn't tested it yet but he did need some sort of increase.  I could pretty much stay in that mode for the whole mission leaving nothing for the rest of the team to do.

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It still requires you to actually wanna pop out of Dance or stop firing/meleeing to use it. The skill just isnt worth the energy as it works now, because the thralls are dead within seconds and provide nothing useful in return.

I am wholly with you, currently his Danse is the only way to get adequate value from Thralls, and now it has been nerfed.  I would say that Thralls, regardless of who killed them, should drop a 25 overshield orb (Half of a Danse orb) instead of the nigh-worthless tornados.  In addition, if a thrall has >50% Duration left when it dies, it should refund 50% of Enthrall's cost, to offset the feelbad/sunk cost of them dying in seconds.

59 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Now if only Redtext would look at the overuse of Equinox's Day-form Fire & Forget Maim ability. Because hey, let's nerf everyone named EMBER but not Equinox.

That's iffy. Its not a fire and forget per se. It has an auto attack of slash proc, and only affects enemies once. It only gains damage from active play or leeching of teammates (hmmm). You have to manually release the effort you've built up. 

I guess nothing changed for me when it comes to Revenant, I'm just disappointed. 

Disappointed at how they half-assed his Eidolon theme, disappointed at how they half-assed his abilities, and disappointed at how even after already expressing that they don't like the fire and forget playstyle, they still went forward on his 4th ability for months, and didn't even think twice about releasing an ability that enforces the playstyle that you have worked against for years.

Thralls need a damage buff similar to the Mind Freak mod or added damage resistance to be useful.

Mesmer skin needs a faster cast animation and a grace period similar to health conversion to make it an effective survivability tool

Reave needs a longer base duration and base damage to go with it since at 100% duration you one get one second of movement for 75 energy and it would take 13 casts to kill a non-thrall enemy on earth