Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Projection

(PSN)Mahd2_7

honestly, the only Aura worth a damn anymore is Steel Charge (and maybe Growing Power), and that's just for the points it gives. Energy Siphon is redundant if you use Zenurik, and while I used to use Rejuvenation a lot, Magus Nourish is WAY better: mines not even R3 and I get 15 hp per second while in operator mode, it's great for running squishy frames. CP is not required for most content, and a decent corrosive weapon and/or a Kavat with Sharpened Claws as it's dominant Precept does a good enough job removing Armour anyway. and as for Physique, EMP, Scavenger Auras and Amp Auras.. pffft lolno.

Auras need a rework. make them all give the same points as Steel charge, give a major buff to the useless ones to actually be good, and a slight buff to semi-useful Auras, then we might see a bit more diversity.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mahd2_7 said:

I want to talk about Corrosive Projection and why it isn't needed for most of the gameplay the general mass of people do on warframe. I don't understand why people like putting on corrosive projection on literally every warframe when the only warfarme it's needed on is Oberon imo. The content in this game isn't hard enough for people to be putting on corrosive projection and armour dosent become a problem until I'd say after sortie 3 level which would take over a hour in MOT to get to. Furthermore, apart from Oberon, you don't need corrosive projection when you're playing solo as it becomes pretty redundant. The only time it's really needed is if you're doing a really long run when enemy armour does actually become a problem so a 1-2hrs + when you have a full squad running it evwn then its not totally neccessary  and not when you're doing anything up to sortie lv. Also if you are playing solo there are a couple of better aura mods you can put on two of which are speed holster and enemy radar but alot of people don't seem to understand the mechanics behind it and just like copying their favourite youtuber whom uses CP in every build.

1) It's an Aura not an augment

2) Using enemy radar or speed holster? LMAO. Do you even warframe?

3) What you should have said is "why I THINK it isn't needed" however, it's not that it's "needed" but it's one of the better Aura mods, far better than enemy radar. And nobody really plays solo btw.

It's a very effective aura. It's either that, or energy siphon. Enemy radar lmao I still can't get over that. It pretty much invalidates everything you said.

Edited by MrMysticalPotato

Cases where you shouldn't use Corrosive Projection:

1. Your aura slot hasn't been formaed to Naramon.

2. You're playing low level content.

3. You're playing solo on a frame that can make good use of Energy Siphon or Growing Power.

4. You're playing on a cell that uses 3x CP to strip most armor while leaving a sliver so that you can still get damage bonuses for Radiation &c.

4x CP and Viral+Slash proc weapons are hands-down the most efficient killing method against any moderately high level content. If you're recommending S#&$ like Enemy Radar or Speed Holster you just flat out don't understand core mechanics of the game.

Or alternatively, people should use what they enjoy using, especially in pub where people shouldn't be dictating how others are setup (since pub). Want to dictate loadouts? Do a pre-selected squad. Wasting a loadout to switch auras for low and high levels? Nah, why bother.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Yes, but the feeling of being wrong should probably familiar enough for you to ignore.

woah, slow down there.

I assumed that because of your claim that Animal Instsinct can replace Enemy Radar. 

Maybe teach me how to ignore being wrong? You seem to have Mastered that Skill

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I use CP on a few frames but most are equipped with Steel Charge since I melee quite alot and the extra capacity is nice. A well modded corrosive weapon along with several frame abilities simply does the job that CP is supposed to do. I can see it on eidolon fights though, 3 CP or something to keep a portion of the armor intact for extra damage to radiation attacks, outside of that CP has little use.

And mostly when I run higher level content and I know that I'll face armored opponents I simply use Saryn, Frost, Rev, Mag, Ash, Inaros or Excal. And if it is really high I'd use Inaros or Excal for the constant finishers or Ash/Loki for the stealth damage, finishers and invisibility.

I equip Steel Charge on my most used frame Ivara, and Growing Power on most of the others.  Since I mostly solo, those two auras give better overall benefits than CP ever would.  Of course this changes for dedicated group play.  

5 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

So CP is essitial imo.

Last thing, please guys, do bring CP to ESO, steel charge won't help much with later stage.

That completely depends on the frame being used and if solo or not.  CP is kinda redundant on Saryn, Ash, and Ivara.  

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly, the only Aura worth a damn anymore is Steel Charge (and maybe Growing Power), and that's just for the points it gives. Energy Siphon is redundant if you use Zenurik, and while I used to use Rejuvenation a lot, Magus Nourish is WAY better: mines not even R3 and I get 15 hp per second while in operator mode, it's great for running squishy frames. CP is not required for most content, and a decent corrosive weapon and/or a Kavat with Sharpened Claws as it's dominant Precept does a good enough job removing Armour anyway. and as for Physique, EMP, Scavenger Auras and Amp Auras.. pffft lolno.

Auras need a rework. make them all give the same points as Steel charge, give a major buff to the useless ones to actually be good, and a slight buff to semi-useful Auras, then we might see a bit more diversity.

I completely agree with this.  People look over just how effective things like Kavats with Sharpened Claws can be. 

The combo of Steel Charge + Condition Overload+ Slash/bleed procs+Invisibility stealth multipliers is just evil in how effective it is.  Which in high level play, you are eventually gonna end up going melee as guns/powers will start falling off IMO.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
slight correction

4 hours ago, (PS4)Mahd2_7 said:

First of all on low lv  missions armour isnt a problem as you can one shot alot of the enemies on those levels. Second of all solo usage of cp isn't necessary because then it just wastes a slot as there a better aura mods you can use when playing solo and the fact is when you're doing long endurance solo runs the -30% in the grand scheme of things isn't actually as useful as you may think especially when there are frames like Ash, Banshee etc can strip away all armour instantly anyways which is alot better and useful than 1 cp.

However, evvn though I've said all I'm not saying the mod is bad I'm saying it's overrated in a solo sense as you don't need it to go far in fact you can definitely go without it and not be hurt by that. But if you are going 4-5+ in a squad I'm not going to say don't use cp because of armor scaling. But what I'm saying is that for general play up to sortie 3 you don't need CP as armour scaling isn't a problem there

Corrosive Projection makes a difference in solo play too, seems to be about 30% difference in DPS vs the same enemies with and without it. And then if you stack four of them the difference becomes quite large.

3 minutes ago, hooperinius said:

Corrosive Projection makes a difference in solo play too, seems to be about 30% difference in DPS vs the same enemies with and without it. And then if you stack four of them the difference becomes quite large.

In answer to this, just look at both my post above and the video @(PS4)xtharbadx posted. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

This post is basically a rip off of latest LifeOfRio video.

If you want to trigger a discussion, that's great, but at least you should mention the source.. just saying, it's the right thing to do..

34 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

In answer to this, just look at both my post above and the video @(PS4)xtharbadx posted. 

Well yeah steel charge adds to your slash ticks and melee scales infinitely. Melee update will change the scaling though.

Biggest thing I see is that the auras have different point values. They should all be the same IMHO.

6 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

I don't get this part.

it's easily visualized if you're Invisible - Enemies are forced to run to you, but not right on top of you. ultimately it's academic but it's there.

5 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

The Enemies are always alerted, True. But they only RUN(not walk) to you if you see them on your Mini Map 

the Enemies run towards you already. if they were only Walking, then they wouldn't be Alerted but only half Alerted. Enemies given a target to move to that is far away, will always run if they are Alerted.
everyone is basing their claim off of a placebo effect that's caused by Mission Seeds being random. >.>

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

Enemies run towards you already. if they were only Walking, then they wouldn't be Alerted but only half Alerted. Enemies given a target to move to that is far away, will always run if they are Alerted.
everyone is basing their claim off of a placebo effect that's caused by Mission Seeds being random. >.>

thats only half correct. only enemies that show on your minimap are alerted, so if you play solo and mobs outside of your Radar Range they arent alerted 

39 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

thats only half correct. only enemies that show on your minimap are alerted, so if you play solo and mobs outside of your Radar Range they arent alerted 

That's not quite true.  In certain missions the enemies are always alerted.  Even while solo and invisible.  Trust me on this one.  You won't have the chance to get any stealth multipliers on any survival mission because of this regardless of how careful you are.  

I'm still trying to grasp my mind around the Oberon+CP comment from both the OP and the YT fellow.

That is like saying Mag needs CP aswell, or Frost. I mean... if you are going to try and sound like you have knowledge about the game, maybe you should get the facts straight about the frames before claiming something. Oberon is one of the best armor strippers in the game.

2+4+4 = 100% armor gone for all enemies caught in your Hallowed Ground. That is exactly on par with Mag who goes 4+4+3 or 4+4/4+3 depending on her strength.

Why do they claim Oberon needs CP?

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm still trying to grasp my mind around the Oberon+CP comment from both the OP and the YT fellow.

That is like saying Mag needs CP aswell, or Frost. I mean... if you are going to try and sound like you have knowledge about the game, maybe you should get the facts straight about the frames before claiming something. Oberon is one of the best armor strippers in the game.

2+4+4 = 100% armor gone for all enemies caught in your Hallowed Ground. That is exactly on par with Mag who goes 4+4+3 or 4+4/4+3 depending on her strength.

Why do they claim Oberon needs CP?

I was curious about that part also.  Enough to where I changed my earlier post because I thought I might be missing some important information about Oberon.  

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's not quite true.  In certain missions the enemies are always alerted.  Even while solo and invisible.  Trust me on this one.  You won't have the chance to get any stealth multipliers on any survival mission because of this regardless of how careful you are.  

they arent alerted if they are too far away and dont show up on your map...thats why you need Enemy Radar for Endurance...

34 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

they arent alerted if they are too far away and dont show up on your map...thats why you need Enemy Radar for Endurance...

I have a little experiment for you to prove your point.  Take Ivara in full Prowl without any radar mods other than her innate radar.  Then use Sleep Arrow on some enemies that are far away that don't show on your map.  Then see if you can get one stealth multiplier.  You can use a sniper rifle to help get the long range kills.  

Let me know how that turns out please.  

edit: I'm sorry about the derailment from topic.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have a little experiment for you to prove your point.  Take Ivara in full Prowl without any radar mods other than her innate radar.  Then use Sleep Arrow on some enemies that are far away that don't show on your map.  Then see if you can get one stealth multiplier.  You can use a sniper rifle to help get the long range kills.  

Let me know how that turns out please.  

edit: I'm sorry about the derailment from topic.  

have you ever done long Survival Runs? have you ever used Enemy Radar? Enemies that dont show up, will only move slowly into your direction. its a fact. try it and see for yourself, or not. 

anyway I grow tired of this discusion.

Have a great day everyone o/