Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk: Content Drought - What DE can learn from this

MartianGHunter

17 minutes ago, (XB1)RogueTenno said:

Now if you're really so concerned with the content drought and really want to keep saying that there's nothing left for you to do in Warframe I'd like for you to prove that you have 10 of every Arcane that the game has to offer I'm talking about the ones for the zaws the ones for the operators and the ones for the amps I'd also like for you to prove that you have  every Focus school completely maxed out then I want to see your pay stubs showing that you also worked at 40 hour a week job because if you didn't then the problem doesn't lie with the rate at which de is producing content the problem lies with the fact that you have no life and have nothing to do but play the game, that is not how it was intended to be consumed.

Now on that same note I would like to explain to you that for a very long time Warframe continued to produce and produce and produce extremely small updates at a very rapid rate and what did we get, updates with very little value or actual content now that de has amassed a large enough game to keep players occupied they've decided to start slowing down and producing much larger updates providing a grandiose amount of content. How is this not ideal explain to me how this is not the best way that they could have handled the situation those arguing the fact can't because there is no valid argument. 

I feel i can relate to these two paragraphs much more than the rest of your ... appropriate content (i say appropriate not to sound condescending, but in a supportive way) ... as a player/fan with the "end" in sight, not saying i have 10 of every arcane or a maxed out Focus tree (very close), but also as a person who has a 40 hour work week and people that rely on me after work as well ... the most i can crank out of a weekday is 2 hours if i'm lucky.

Personally i'm proud of DE for all their progress and their courage to spearhead the game in their intended direction, despite the community back-lash from the very players you're calling out here in this thread. Power to you good sir.

Edited by Errodin

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Since the point of view is shared by other people, it isn't exactly dismissive of the point of view. Lazy maybe but why fight an uphill battle for the functionally the same point of view presented in a more direct and probably less hyperbolic manner. Now one could possibly argue that where I see hyperbole that others will see passion but IMHO neither of those is something you really want to dump people into out of the gate. I know at least I would appreciate being dumped into content that is more measured.

And yeah I hunkered down and watched his video some time ago after it had been presented in another thread.... not IMHO the best video if you want to get people starting a discussion on the "right" foot. Plus given the average times of the content doubt videos being at the 7~10min mark, I'd honestly advise watching three other videos over the the same ~30minute period and then if people still feel up to watching more Warframe Partners takes on the same subject then by all means go for it. 

The amount of people is irrelevant to the function taken. For example it would not matter if 3 people or 1 people set a house on fire, regardless the house was set on fire. I would agree with you though, I personally prefer more direct and well structured formats for efficiency as well. We agree I think, perhaps my wording before was awkward but what I mean by " good discourse " is that it gives perspective, if not the best way perhaps. Nothing wrong with more comprehensive or less structured formats, of course I would recommend watching more than just his video, like the soon after mentioned OriginalWickedFun or DKDiamante's video that brought up a great point (DE could consider hiring more employees if possible). Don't take this old farts advice as the guide to life, I give the roots but lemons have to be found by ourselves.

Most of people have disappeared from warframe because of this severe content draught that has hit warframe this year and it is hurting the game. 

Reb has accepted this fact

My question is will it be repeated next year. Also Steve talked about fortuna venders in Cetus

5 minutes ago, Ktro said:

Most of people have disappeared from warframe because of this severe content draught that has hit warframe this year and it is hurting the game. 

My question is will it be repeated next year. Also Steve talked about fortuna venders in Cetus

Who are these "most of people" and why are the relevant? Are you assuming there are a lot of people that disappeared.

You've got to be maybe the 500th person to mention "content drought" and to each of those crying content drought people have been told to just chill and wait.

I see you watched a WF tuber and now need to bring the same thing up as with every other viewer of said topic. This a new and exciting idea which has not been rehashed in a dozen topics this week alone that you could definitely not have found if you looked down the front page.

Need to break this endless cycle of which happened only once so far in Warframes history. Break these chains! Maybe look up the games update history before regurgitating someone else's thoughts.

Edited by Firetempest

in not one of these content drought threads has anyone pointed specifically to a time when Warframe was getting more content than we do now. Besides Tenno reinforcements, i remember waiting long periods of time just for a 2.0 or something, definitely not an entire system like we are getting now. There was a time when they filled in placeholders too. The only thing really lacking are the special events we used to get. 

Il y a 1 heure, Sean a dit :

Content =/= Gear & Fashionframe

Ok, but what about the Zephyr/Atlas/Saryn/Nezha reworks? What about the Weapon rebalance? What about the Beam Weapon rework? Not content either?

We got plenty of things this year. Not new weapons, not new mechanics, but we still got stuff. 

People complain about not having "content" (even tho they seem to change their definition of "content" everytime someone give them examples of content we got) regularly, yet they seem to forget that sometimes people are ready to wait years just for real, meaningful content. Look at Bethesda. Skyrim is far from the most polished game ever, but it's been 7 years since it was launched and all we got during that time was 2 and a half DLC, nothing for years except fan-made mods and then a teaser for the next game that probably won't come out before 2020. Yet, the hype for The Elder Scrols 6 is real. 

Now I know this is a completely different game, but between a 7yo game that was left to modders and a 5yo game that is still getting improved, I kinda prefer the later. Both are really nice, but once you've completed Skyrim, you pretty much don't have anything to do with it (except sloots, fan-made adventures and more sloots). In Warframe, you know that there's new stuff coming at some point. We know about The New War, Railjack and now Fortuna is not just a dream, it's actualy just a few weeks-months away. 

Now if you compare it to annual games like Assassin's Creed, you might have noticed how much this serie has changed.... into The Witcher on Steroids. The last few times they didn't bother introducing the protagonist, nor give him/her/it(?) a name. That's the kind of crap that happens when you force yourself to release content regularly: You gotta cut somewhere, and most of the time it's the quality of either the mechanics, content, storytelling, etc., if not a bit of everything. 

DE did something similar with some things in the past, and it went wrong. The Sacrifice was one of the most hyped Main Quest of all, and almost every Forum posts about it were saying "it's too short", "it's such a letdown", "I was hyped for nothing", etc. There were many things that we got hyped for (aka Ballas' Sword, which led many to think we would fight him) and were simply not included at all. Same with Revenant. His theme is unique and intriguing, he was supposed to have a new badass melee weapon type, and we got a mini-quest that doesn't even appear in the Codex and no Nodachi. That's the stuff we don't want to see happening.

People want more than bacon bits, they want the whole juicy slice of Bacon, but those take more time to cook. (Sorry for making you hungry ^^')

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

1 minute ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Content is something playable that can actually add more to do.

The Pyrus Project would actually be considered new content, albeit short-lived (and still wish ti was setup as a proper event, but that's another matter). The Sacrifice was content as well and I honestly thoroughly enjoyed the quest.

Reworking aging areas of the game do not add more content (or things to do) to the game, they are more in-line with fixes. DE knows this, too, they don't need people trying to defend something that doesn't need defending. They'll get Fortuna out in time and then we'll all see if their time was truly well spent (trailers and vertical slices don't mean much compared to players getting their hands on it)

Counter-point I've been meaning to say: How about you people stop complaining about content drought when it is EXACTLY what people have been asking a few years back? I saw people kept asking DE to "Fix and polish what we already have instead of adding new stuff on top of the already broken ones."

And isn't that what DE is doing right now? Re-balancing weapons, reworking some Warframes that are left behind, the up-coming Melee 3.0. I don't even know how DE can stay patient with such a bi-polar fanbase like this...

major Updates are a good thing, so i don't think you're looking to not have major Updates, but that you're looking for more than just that.

1 hour ago, LupisV0lk said:

How aboot ya'll stop re-defining what "content" means. Then we'll talk.

ok
Content is more than just Stats to grind. since you don't have anything to use those Stats on/for, more of them isn't Content.

29 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

like the Ghoul Purge? 

Ghouls is nice for Players that haven't already Crafted everything that uses Nitain, indeed.
though once you have, it loses its value and you don't have any reason to play it anymore.

1 hour ago, Ktro said:

1 hour ago, Sean said:

maybe you should tell that to DE as even they know there has been one (and using those exact words too).

Then what is the point of these endless threads?

Nobody on the forums is in a position to do anything and the people who are in a position to do things acknowledge there is an issue and are literally working as fast as they can. Nobody is denying there is a lack of new content at the moment.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Then what is the point of these endless threads?

Nobody on the forums is in a position to do anything and the people who are in a position to do things acknowledge there is an issue and are literally working as fast as they can.

Very true, they all serve literally no purpose.

Nobody is denying there is a lack of new content at the moment.

There's people in this very topic claiming otherwise.

3 minutes ago, xcenic said:

it a bad time to ask for a change and bring a new faction too? by this time i think we depleted the galaxy of infected, grineer and corpus. Maybe ninja bears or space Lions for a chance.

I'd be game for a rogue tenno faction.