Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

anyone still remember Gunblade weapon ?

Doforcash

i Do,

about 4 years ago when the first one release till now, we only have 2 Gunblade and they're barely decent againts endgame enemy.

sure they did have a major buff back then. But still, big reminder for DE that we have too few gunblade for us to use. Next suggestion, considering all weapon nowaday usually have high proc/crit stat, then it's reasonable to give another crit/proc buff for the 2 gunblade we already have.

Lastly maybe this is just me, so i'm hiding this in case im just bad. But we might want to make the gunblade stance less moving around and more standing still and shoot people. Kinda hard to aim when your charater won't stop flipping around like a flipper on crack

that's all, please give Gunblade more love and attention, thanks DE

i'm not sure what sort of Role Redeemer should fill - but Sarpa already fills itself into a Role pretty well. the 5rd Burst applies Status pretty well since it is able to hit so often.
people heavily focus on using Shattering Impact which is great, but Sarpa also does a pretty solid job of apply Status Effects too.
that plus that Gunblades have innate Punch-Through, makes them perform quite well if you ask me.

as for the uh.... Melee part of them. i don't really know how those Animations can be made less boring or pointless feeling compared to that you're holding a Gun with infinite Ammo.
so i don't really seek or expect the Melee part of Gunblades to ever really set a purpose and Role in the game. what's good about them is they are a Gun you can put into a non Gun Slot. i have it Equipped to shoot from the Melee Slot, heh.

Edited by taiiat

If anything the Redeemer completely lacks character. It's a shotgun type gun it could use shotgun status mechanic, or some crit, instead it's flat damage with no other stuff to build upon. 

Sarpa on the other hand can be built in multiple ways, can actually use combo mechanics, shattering impact, status etc... 

2 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Gunblade Zaw please. ❤️

I always see people asking for zaws for some of the more unique weapon types, but never any suggestions on how they could even work. Weapons like gunblades and nunchucks have very specific animations that only really fit with a grip and strike that's designed for it. It'd either be super limited in options, or super awkward on 90% of the options.

my biggest issue with gunblades are their bullet dance stance is so damn garbage. why does front combo actually makes me walk backwards? actually, why does that stance make you go backwards at all? when i want a gunblade i'd actually like if i could use its gunfire based stance without such a huge annoyance.

hace 4 minutos, AlMcFly dijo:

The only time I ever heard Redeemer mentioned is when it used to be able to cheese one of the stealth mastery rank tests (before DE patched it out of course).  

You can still do it with Banshee. 

Sarpa, on the other hand I enjoy quite a lot but the practicality of long weapons hitting many enemies at once sadly pushes all weapons who can't do that to niche uses like stripping eidolon armor, covert lethality, cheesing MR tests, self damage buffing, etc. I like gunblades (I posted a suggestion for one a while ago) and I'd like them to be usable in more content, just like every other non META weapon to be honest. Balance brings variety, as it happened with the primaries, secondaries and beam balance passes, maybe with melee 3.0 we get to spice it up a bit. 

15 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Yeah about that, Condition Overload on anything hilariously broken

11 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

ftfy

The problem is, if they patch out of nerf the effectiveness of Condition Overload, most melee builds will automatically overnight become massively inferior to the effectiveness of Primary Weapons.  I have a feeling that after Melee 3.0's initial launch, that melee weapons will be broken and ignored for several months as they try to rectify whatever mistake they've made.  DE likes to push stuff out to let the community QA their work, while fixing problems after.  

People are already anxious of their comments regarding the Combo Counter changes, and its relation to Blood Rush.  

Edited by AlMcFly

4 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

The problem is, if they patch out of nerf the effectiveness of Condition Overload, most melee builds will automatically overnight become massively inferior to the effectiveness of Primary Weapons.  I have a feeling that after Melee 3.0's initial launch, that melee weapons will be broken and ignored for several months as they try to rectify whatever mistake they've made.  DE likes to push stuff out to let the community QA their work, while fixing problems after.  

People are already anxious of their comments regarding the Combo Counter changes, and its relation to Blood Rush.  

Most if an overstatement. There are plenty of builds that don't rely on condition overload and are incredibly effective. 

7 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Most if an overstatement. There are plenty of builds that don't rely on condition overload and are incredibly effective. 

If we're talking about pure Crit, non-Elemental builds, most of them are not viable at high levels.  Every haphazardly-slapped together build is efficient at clearing low level trash.  Clearing post-level 100 trash is all we really care about.  

2 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

i mean, co doesnt really need a nerf or anything but yeah. most is a massive overstatement. 

5 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

If we're talking about pure Crit, non-Elemental builds, most of them are not viable at high levels.  Every haphazardly-slapped together build is efficient at clearing low level trash.  Clearing post-level 100 trash is all we really care about.  

Crit viral or corrosive with blood rush works fine at 100+.