Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Looks pretty fun and interesting for the most part, but I'd have to wait and see how she plays before reaching a conclusion.  I feel like I'm really going to have to play with some concrete numbers to get a feel for how she preforms, even more so than other frames.

I'm on the fence on her 4, on one hand I'm pretty okay with it being a flashy blender when she has three other useful abilities, on the other I have a probably-unhealthy adoration for the "controlling a bunch of floating blades" type of weapon, like Xaldin's lances, Penny's sword things, and (kinda) Byakuya's Senbonzakura.  It just being a flashy blender is a bit of a let down in that regard, and while I don't think every frame should have an Exalted whatever, this is a case where I would absolutely love her to have something like that.

1-3 are ok, same for the passive. But the ult feels way too afk and way too close to Revenant's

I also dislike the claws, being really close to Valkyr signature... With such a name wings would work better and maybe on a male frame to avoid similarities with Valkyr (and Zephyr)

But I guess with this theme and design, the best would be to make her "bat" related also, you know, vampire and stuff :clem:

OK so, Personally i found her a bit underwelming. YES, i thought that it would be so cool if she was like hella from THOR ragnarok, throwing swords all around or so. BUT , analyzing her actual kit :

4) starting with her 4th ability. while it looks cool if you think about it is just revenant's 4 in a sphere... like... that's it. what would instead by cool was if we can keep it like that or EXPLODE it throwing swords everywhere that impales stuff and deals lots of damage, and then disappears . You can even have it in 2 different way, like defensve or explosion, maybe depending on how long we press the ability button, like gara's 1

1) looks nice, not a fan of that shield as i prefer more 360 ° abilities, but ok.

3) nothing to say, works nice with her passive

2) mmm i get it that it's nice to have a way to regenerate health.. but having something like that seems like counterproductive with her... you will give her mods like quickthinking to keep her at low health. 

NOW SUGGESTIONS!:

1) drop that orb that you shoot and make it so that you shoot a sword like Hella in Thor Ragnarok, more in theme and WAY COOLER

4) as i said, make it so it's not simply " dance macabre sphere ". make it so we can detonate it, make it so it can switch into a more compact formation for defence... or something more stylish like altair from RE:CREATORS 

no idea really... but pls make it different than dance macrabre... it's just too slow... we can just hack with our melee at that speed.

EDIT: ok noticed that 1 it is not a channeling ability, 2 when it expires the sword are actually shot out. and while it is on you get stacks of a strange meter. ok so... not liking this at all, honestly i hate abilities like revenant 4 that force you in a situation where you can not actually play, you are just there hovering without being able to shoot ecc ecc. it would be so cool if this was a channeling ( or even duration why not ) BUT you are able to run, bulletjump and shoot ecc.

2) since i don't like the concept of healing ourself ( very cool as it is, i mean, VERY , but it looks like counterintuitive with garuda, after all, we use our 3 to get more power... and then what... we do 1 attack and quickly use our 2 to regain health and not die ? and then rinse and repeat ? ... nah, quickthinking will be the boss here. what i would like is something like in the video above, an ability that helps us survive with little health, maybe based on a meter of blood ? gore meter ? XD no clue really, but way better than this can be done. Maybe that spear that stabs the enemy instead of healing us will raise a meter that will absorb damage ? no clue really.

Edited by Jeancly

Just now, Xgomme said:

1-3 are ok, same for the passive. But the ult feels way too afk and way too close to Revenant's

True, I was more thinking along the lines of a metal version of Kerrigan's (StaCraft 2) "wings" or Marcus' from Underworld Evolution.

All in all, I really don't the the silent, graceful killer... maybe some animation changes might help.

I like the visuals on the frame. The gore is great. 

The passive is not going to be useful to my team. The healer isn't going to stop healing just because I out of the four of us gets a bonus. 

She needs more abilities that deal with groups other than her 4. This is a game about big mobs, and occasionally big bosses.  Her impale only CC's one mob, and can't be used on bosses at all. I would much rather see a big CC over her self damaging ability. Like a blood drain for multiple mobs Legacy of Kain style.  

Edited by Arachnaas

Her current ult is a mix between Revenant's Ult and Gara's splinter storm.  A lot of people were complaining about this in Twitch saying it was uninteresting.

I have to agree that it's not original enough, and outclassed; just a much worse version of splinter storm.

A PERSONAL SUGGESTION

-Make her ult a directed attack which drains in health from enemies below max hp, amplifying wounds--a reverse breath weapon where she pulls in blood.  Make this part of a channeled ability, where she drains enemy blood from range (this could use Chroma's old Spectral Scream animation).  This will deal extremely high slash proc damage (increases the lower enemy health gets), give her both health/increased max HP, and SLIGHT energy regen, BUT it only works on wounded enemies, so she can only continue it if allies keep dealing damage to enemies in her way.

-When she's channeling, roaming, and not sucking in people's life force, let her use her claws as an exalted weapon/distance closer.

-This would open a window for teams to synergize with Garuda, buffing her resilience (Limbo or Gara), and damaging enemies near her to feed her more energy and extend the ult duration.  Likewise, the claws can wound enemies in preparation for the next breath attack.

-Fits a bloodmage vibe. I'd imagine something scary like her eyes glowing or her screaming, blood flying from the enemy to her, with claw action on the side.

-Does scaling damage, so checkmark there.

I WOULD FURTHER RECOMMEND:

-Giving this a very high activation cost (100 or more energy), so prolonging the ult by earning drain kills becomes necessary.

-Making this a "semi-auto" breath attack with a short charge up time and a slight energy cost (15 energy?) to promote use of the claws instead; again, she can move freely inbetween bursts, and use her claws as an exalted weapon in between these bursts to close distance.

-Allow her to levitate and project the claws so she can damage enemies at range, making them vulnerable to her lifey steally suction face.

-Making her other impalement ability heal teammates within range of the impaled enemy.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

-I know Garuda drops with Fortuna, so this ult-change will have to be part of a rework when possible.

Edited by Lierce

To me Garuda 4th ability looks too similar to Revenant 4th, without the range of "Danse Macabre". Would it be more cool if she has some sort of Mesa's "Peacemaker" 4th. When she's kinda start to throw her blades left and right, and with every throw they pop up again from her arms Wolverine style with some animation of that. And for kinda make some sort of separation from Mesa`s 4th just make Garuda 4th time limited.

i like the murder blender 

though it be interesting that while your doing you can click on a enemy throw a blade at them it would lower the damage of the blender until it came back but you could throw swords at them while your blending since it disabled your range attacks and the pull doesnt not seem that strong

Problem is, her theme is close combat... she is an analogue to Valkyr, afterall. Her 4 should reflect that. Maybe, I dunno, let her auto aim "glide" from enemy to enemy, coating herself in more and more blood, ramping up damage as she goes, or something like that.

Also, the shield: Why isn't it an actual enemy torso stuck on her baldes, like in the artworks? That was nice...

Edited by WarBaby2

I won't lie I'm a bit worried, kinda hype but still worried. 

Her abilities look kinda interesting but there is a fine line between synergy between powers and a power that exists for little more than making another power "work". Not being able to play her myself I'm not sure if she crosses that line, just from what I saw she's definitely appeared to be walking a fine line. 

Based on the commentary, Garuda is yet another warframe released on the anti-range philosophy of warframe ability design, where uncontrolled Overextended ability ranges have persuaded the developers to make warframes that scale poorly with range on purpose. If the players have to deal with underwhelming warframes, ability nerfs, and invincible enemies because the developers can't balance content around the range stat, maybe it is time to rework range stat mods and scaling.

Edited by MechaKnight

57 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

Now I'm starting to think that revenant doesn't fit your style lols.

Anyways Garduda from what I've seen seems interesting. Other than that I don't much anything else to say since she's still work in progress.

It’s not a matter of play style that’s dictating my opinion on him. For example. I really don’t like Nova, but I know the how’s and whys that make her a good frame some I’m always glad to see one on my squad.

Personally, I think she should be invincible during her 1, like Excalibur and atlas. 

I also think it would be cool if the damage type of the orb from her 2 changed in accordance to what she killed to make the shield. Flesh (grineer and corpus Crewman) could do one damage type, robots such as moas would do another (like electric or magnetic), and infested would do a third (either poison or viral would make the most sense) 

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Personally, I think she should be invincible during her 1, like Excalibur and atlas. 

I also think it would be cool if the damage type of the orb from her 2 changed in accordance to what she killed to make the shield. Flesh (grineer and corpus Crewman) could do one damage type, robots such as moas would do another (like electric or magnetic), and infested would do a third (either poison or viral would make the most sense) 

I'm still kinda miffed the shield isn't an actual body part, like in the artworks... but I think the damage type does change, the orb had different colours, didn't it?

So I did watch the devstream, and I'm excited for Garuda, but I do have some thoughts...

Now, I wanna say that I am aware that there are a fair few frames that use damage reduction abilities, so it might seem boring, however...

Garuda has 2 abilities that makes me feel iffy about her kit design. Giving her a shield ability feels a bit too...Volt copy. And the visual just looks a bit out of place. Her Vlad the Impaler spear mechanic also feels out of place, as being low health is what she wants to be.

So, I'd propose that her shield be changed to a damage reduction ability instead. And her Impaler become a 'shield' instead. Hear me out. Impale an enemy, now that enemy absorbs all the damage that Garuda is taking while she's within range, self-damage not included, but the damage reduction from the other ability would be applied. The Impale could even be a channeled ability, healing the impaled victim with blood transfusion, so she'd have to keep maintaining low health and use it for energy etc, maybe not make the drain too taxing, since the ability is already restricted with being in range for it to work. The DR ability can additionally provide a chunk of overshield instead of DR while outside of the impaled range, not to #*!% over mobility completely.

These are just my thoughts on what I saw.

Additionally, I think her passive should include slash/bleed resistance, since it is her schtick, and it shouldn't be a huge glaring weakness to her.

Edited by Geraion

16 минут назад, WarBaby2 сказал:

Problem is, her theme is close combat... she is an analogue to Valkyr, afterall. Her 4 should reflect that. Maybe, I dunno, let her auto aim "glide" from enemy to enemy, coating herself in more and more blood, ramping up damage as she goes, or something like that.

Also, the shield: Why isn't it an actual enemy torso stuck on her baldes, like in the artworks? That was nice...

No I get that, but to me it's just like Revenant 2.0 with nerf of range... at least give her some void-vacuum to kinda like pull the enemy to the blender or something.

1 minute ago, WarBaby2 said:

I'm still kinda miffed the shield isn't an actual body part, like in the artworks... but I think the damage type does change, the orb had different colours, didn't it?

it was really bright at one point, but I think I heard one of them say it wasn't supposed to be doing that, so it was a bug. 

They joked about how reb was getting blood from a robot, "everything has blood" and the shield behaved the same way from what I could tell.

I'm a little bit disappointed with her kit, she looks kind of boring, uninspired and the abilities don't have a lot of synergy (if you take out the passive, she basically have none)...but not hopeless.
1) The shield is way too similar to volt's one and the orb thing just doesn't make any sense. The claw attack could work like atla's punches (but with no aoe...and it shoiuld definitely scale with melee mods) and if we really want to make her "the blood and gore frame", why don't we give her an actual blood shield? She would collect blood from enemies to extend duration and build this floating barrier around her that will give defence similar to zephyr's turbulence...and maybe holding down the button she could use the blood to shoot a projectile similar to a sword. Regarding the animation, i really think it should be different...she was supposed to be elegant.
2) The healing blood spear looks a little too restrictive, what if it targeted a small group of enemies instead of just one?
3) You trade health for energy...is that it? Nothing else? I mean...it's cool to be able to get energy, but that's too situational imho.
4) That blender thing is just awful...completely uninspired and boring...some of the suggestions are actually way cooler.

I was really hyped to see Garuda. Love the concept and style abilities aren't bad as well but I have few objections.

1. Passive

- I think it should be based on a duration. After losing some health - the buff activates for time that scales with duration mods. If we keep it like this... you have no reason to heal also Trinity or Oberon in the team would be BIG problem to keep the buff up.

2. First Ability

- Casting is a little too long. Speed it up?

- I know its dev etc so let me just say I wanna see improved animations on that one on next dev 😛

- Shield shouldnt be one-direction. I kinda like the idea but it wont fit. And I just know there will be a bug like with Eidolon lures and shield would be bad for our aiming.Lets just make is a shield in general not a directional shield.

- Can we have like some blood floowing out of enemies' bodies to the ball? IT WOULD LOOK AWESOME

- Can we get the same thing Excal has? If another enemy is close she recasts it? That is what i really really want to see. This ability is her main Damage tool and mobility tool. I think it can get something like this.

3. Second Ability

- Ability that makes you stay in one area while Warframe is all about movement? Dont get me wrong I like the idea absoludly but It would need to have some HUGE range or just give us a passive healing. Not only one in the area.

4. Third Ability

- Ok. Its nice but... thats all? Damage yourself and het energy? Just this? Look I can go head first into enemies and lose some health and gain energy from Rage... I dont need the ability to do it for me. Would change it somehow... so it has some meanig other than... "You dont need to have Rage now"

- How about: Deals dmg to yourself, gets energy, pulls close by enemies to you and deals dmg to them and steals their life?

5. Fifth Ability

- Sorry but here... why? We just got revenant with almost the same ability. She is supposed to be jumping around etc and now... we are turning into a ball of blades? Can we swap it? Like Revenant got a new ultimate... can we get something else for her?

- How about... idk even blades flying around us but we can run and do whatever we want. I dont want to be stuck in the sitting animation mid-air. Let the blades fly around me and let me use all of my abilities however I want please.

- Or make Blades just spawn in the air like some blood animation thing. Than they stabilise in the air and shoots forward to the enemies. Would be cool as well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To sum up

She is a great frame and I cant wait to play her but still she need some polish.

I belive - after seeing how Revenant thing went - that we can work this out before november.

I belive her 3 and 4 are the abilities that needs changes the most.

3 feels just useless where I can just damage myself via enemy fire or self damage

4 makes you stuck in this weird animation and its just not fitting. We just got revenant with the same ability but here Garuda has no ability to make her faster like Revenant's 3

1 Shield needs to be something like NeZha's 3... directional shield i cool but not here I would use it maybe on less mobile frame like vauban? Frost?

2 Cool but makes you stay in the small area - increse healing so you just go in and out for heal or make this HUGE range or make Garuda heal passivly when this is active

Thank you for reading

I really hope she get some new work becouse I want her to be the best Frame of 2018 🙂

❤️

Edited by CuteFoxyFox

Personally, I don't think it should be a channeled damage only thing at all. Abilities like that are always either completely useless or the only thing you do while playing the frame. If it were a duration-based aura ability that didn't require you to be stuck in a channel animation (think Gara's Splinter Storm) you would be able to do other stuff, like fire your weapons or use melee. It would be particularly synergistic with melee since it sucks in enemies. This would allow players to not only live out the meat grinder fantasy Garuda tries to invoke, but allowing the player some agency over how they want to live out that fantasy.

Same reaction as the op, hype was building up as they showed her kit and then come her 4, a low range Danse macabre :/

Don't get me wrong, i like the idea but the execution isn't really interesting for exemple they could have made it that way :

press 4 : Aspire all enemies in a wide area to get them at melee range and then ragdoll them away impaling them + causing heavy damage and slash proc.

You people should not be so quick to judge her 4 (or any of her other abilities) too harshly yet. We still lack info.

Some suggest her 4 should shoot spikes outwards, guess what, it does already when it ends. They just didn't mention it, but if you rewatch the stream you should see it clearly the first time she shows this ability. Just as they didn't mention what the "Label" counter means that pops up when she's in blender mode. Although I understand the anxiety after Revenant and Khora...

Edited by Xhobract

I'm fine with her abilities, especially the passive, except for her 4th. I wanted here to be something like Valk's 4. Not a direct copy, but... you know... something where I actually get to punch people myself.

Oh well, at least the R34 will get some Garuda-Valk action.

Edited by o0Despair0o