Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's the worst warframe

(XBOX)VIOLATER X

11 hours ago, LegacyDM said:

I think he was made for a purpose to be a tank support frame for hardcore players wanting to reach lvl 300 mobs.

Wukong as a Tank? Would agree but as a Support Frame for Hardcore Players too? Yeaah, got Banshee for that.

Edited by VPrime96

21 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I guess so.

Out of curiosity though, when you say he's not "bad", are you talking from a subjective enjoyment perspective, or a rational perspective? 

Because subjectively Wukong and his Staff is the single most fun thing in the game for me, I'm just looking beyond that at what the game is built around, and what the abilities actually do for the game.

He's The best at what he does and what he was designed to do. a single target melee tank that just can go on for ever. 

All your points are valid.he has no aoe, no group support, and no utility. No content that can challenge him and many frames can do it better. I get that. But, the game is all about survival right? If you die you are useless to the mission. There are frames that just plain suck, have no synergy, can't survive a lick and take a hell of a lot of work just to get them where they need to be. In the survival catagory he can probably outlast any frame in the game. How does that qualify as one of the worst? Maybe your right, the other categories throw him into uselessness. But in my mind his immortality makes up for it and is fun. I think if I run guardian derision with reflex guard I can seamlessly pull mobs away from the squad and with defy that combo will be a huge support to the team. Now I'm an immortal tank actually contributing to the team.  I just need to test if reflect guard parry acts as a block. I'm pretty sure it does. Anyways, I watch other people struggle and I'm shrugging S#&$ off. People go down and I'm reviving. I will say Wukong is a paradox. Maybe He's terrible but the best at the same time. I think we can agree he could use a more balanced makeover.

12 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Wukong as a Tank? Would agree but as a Support Frame for Hardcore Players too? Yeaah, got Banshee for that.

Support as in reviving while everyone else is dropping like flies. With the proper defy build, while members are getting one shot he is able to keep the team alive by reviving. 

3 hours ago, LegacyDM said:

In the survival catagory he can probably outlast any frame in the game. How does that qualify as one of the worst?

I guess that's my point, there's no need for a survival category in the content that the game is designed around. Yes, Wukong is immortal. I don't particularly see that as useful when it's already fairly difficult to die. He fills a role that doesn't, and imo, shouldn't exist.

But hey, if that's what you enjoy then sure. I just don't relate enjoyment to usefullness, otherwise his Staff would be the best weapon in the game. :clem:

Plus, a dedicated reviver is no longer necessary either given Operators can do it freely.

• 2 years later...
vor 39 Minuten schrieb killerJoke66:

its either inaros or hydroid 

If it's taken into account that Inaros works at least as an noob frame is Hydroid number one in being the worst.

If I could choose between doofy (scary movie 1) and Hydroid to help me in a mission I would choose doofy.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

Why? :(

Don't know, but it's at least so.ething with meme potential. 

Edited by ES-Flinter
  • Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb KnossosTNC:

Don't make me bust out the lawnmower...

Anyway, two years later, Hydroid and Banshee are probably the two that needs a rework the most.

doesn't look so bad after all. they have competition here:

Hydroid - 1.3%

Protea - 1.11%

Hildryn - 1.03%

Atlas - 0.97%

Gara - 0.89%

Harrow - 0.72%

Baruuk - 0.64%

Nyx - 0.53%

Zephyr - 0.49%

Garuda - 0.44%

Xaku - 0.43%

Banshee - 0.43%

Grendel - 0.29%

Lavos - 0.07% (and 0 forma lavos with auto-hack and max sprint is actually very cool for railjack. solo or not)

Edited by Battle.Mage

I was about to vote for Hydroid, but yeah Lavos takes the cake.
Both are clunky (casting time, tap&hold)  and suffer from damage types. After the corrosive change, Hydroid's Barrage doesn't remove amor completely any more and magnetic...nuff said.
Lavos doesn't offer anything interesting for me which is a shame, the frame should reward choosing the right damage types way more.

Edited by Sahansral
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

doesn't look so bad after all. they have competition here:

Hydroid - 1.3%

Protea - 1.11%

Hildryn - 1.03%

Atlas - 0.97%

Gara - 0.89%

Harrow - 0.72%

Baruuk - 0.64%

Nyx - 0.53%

Zephyr - 0.49%

Garuda - 0.44%

Xaku - 0.43%

Banshee - 0.43%

Grendel - 0.29%

Lavos - 0.07% (and 0 forma lavos with auto-hack and max sprint is actually very cool for railjack. solo or not)

people only play hydroid because he looks cool (yes subjective perspective and not analytical) , not because he has any upper edge on gara or atlas or hildryn or garuda etc. 

This is one of the reasons why you just DO NOT balance the game on just statistics alone , it can be a huge misguidance because it doesnt tell you the story  

• Like 1

i mean we are at a point where if you remove the pilferring augment from hydroid he instantly moves from being x10 worse than his counterpats nekros and khora to x100 times being worse , its just hilarous .. DE  you did really fine for zephyr we expect the same energy for our tentacle pirate man .. thanks.

• Like 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb killerJoke66:

people only play hydroid because he looks cool (yes subjective perspective and not analytical) , not because he has any upper edge on gara or atlas or hildryn or garuda etc. 

This is one of the reasons why you just DO NOT balance the game on just statistics alone , it can be a huge misguidance because it doesnt tell you the story  

I'm against "balance" just because of statistics. statistics say nothing at all. "semi-auto" weapons are in the top 5. and how many of them are played without macros? well ...
i also know the advantages of wukong and what is possible with it. but I prefer not to ... otherwise it will be too personal. and i play very actively with wukong - his skill set is epic.

and besides hydroid there are also other warframes, which in my opinion look very cool and have nice special effects.
example would be normal frost. i spent most of the time in warframe with him, as with normal necros. he was slow like a grandpa - I always ran after others. nobody really needed my bubble. but he looked awesome and I really liked him in 2013-2014.

U wot m8?

Vauban is the "I wanted infinite rounds of interception" frame (Vortex, or Bastille with augment). He's the "I'm farming Steel Path Dark Sector Survival" frame (vortex). He's the "Screw you, I'm here to look pretty" frame. Yeah, he basically only has one useful ability (Bastille/Vortex), but other frames also do. At least his is good.

The most useless frame is Atlas. "I make Rubble which can add to my armor except I have S#&$ for shields so it always go to healing me 1 or 2hp instead of adding to my rubble pile." The "I'm a worse Nekros/Khora for drops." That and Hydroid.

Edited by S7ORM