Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #119!

[DE]Rebecca

K, a few questions then.

1. What do you think about the criticism thrown at you now about the nerfing of content you guys promoted as end game in order to please new players? Why do you generally think that separation of some content is a bad idea, when we have separation of content still present with some stuff behind mastery ranks? Is the assumption the community making about this wrong? Are you guys not against separation of content? If you guys aren't against content separation why are you changing end game content based on the pleas of new players?

2. Since Fortuna finally released, is it possible to switch focus from OPEN world content towards QoL changes? Open worlds are fun and all but not only do they take way too much resources and time, they end up being extremely disappointing for the amount of resources and time they took simply because the wait for them was just too long, or at least that's how some of us in the community feel about it. 

Another huge problem stems from this as well. For a long time now the community has felt that DE handles content in a rather bad way. You guys create something with an amazing concept, but hop onto something new after initial drop and essentially leave that content in the status of a "development limbo" and I feel like this bad habit needs to change.  This happened to Archwing, PoE, ESO , Arbees and if this pattern continues the same awaits Fortuna, which is sad and something that I and a lot of players feel should not be happening. Warframe survives on constant updates, the strain of open worlds seem like just too much stress for the game, DE and the community so I believe it's something that needs to be addressed.

A lot of the QoL changes in Fortuna could have been applied to PoE before Fortuna released, what was essentially the reason to hoard them up until Fortuna released? Why weren't all or at least most of them applied to PoE?  Will they ever be?

3. Host migration. What exactly is stopping you guys from getting dedicated servers for the game? Is there something the community can do to help you with it? Host migration is a huge issue that annoys old players and turns off new players from the game.

4. Fortuna. What was the point of time gating Garuda in such a way? I doubt it's for a profit as the bundle with the sigil is a sweet deal and many went for it, so what gives? The excuse of "So we don't run out of things to do" feels rather weak as the amount of time Fortuna took to come out dictates that we shouldn't run out of content to play any time soon.When we used to have a lot less warframes and weapons the huge time gates made a lot more sense, that said however now at this point 3 to 4 days for a warframe to be built seems rather ridiculous and it's another huge turnoff for new players, a warframe that takes about ~11 days to build is even more ridiculous. I feel like instead of adjusting difficulty this is what needs to be adjusted.

What can we expect the Spider Mums to drop once they are available for hunting? Are they going to be something similar to Eidelons? How will our kiddo fit into fighting them? Will the spiders work in a different manner in order to incorporate a different meta from the one in PoE's Eidelon hunts?

There's a huge issue with spawns in Fortuna. You can have a 4 star alert going on and suddenly the spawn dies completely. Is this intentional? If not, is it being worked on?

Hope at least some of my questions get answered.
Thank you for your time and Happy Hunting!

Could we get more control over our UIs? Like how we can move and resize chat. Make map, status icons, self health/shields, squad health/shields, and the weapon/powers display all separate, movable, and resizable. If not, can we at least have map resizable separate from UI scaling.

Also, could we get another rework for Trinity? I love Trinity but there are so many new Frames and mechanics that she is often outclassed. Her 1 is basically useless except as a single unit CC. Maybe make the unit under the well of life (WOL) have high threat like saryn’s molt and give healing pulses for enemy fire too. It would also be nice to be able to WOL multiple times, if you have to put a cap can it be like 4-6? Maybe make the augment give off status cleansing pulses to players or spread status effects affecting the WOL unit to nearby enemy units when attacked. Trinity is like our cleric/priest class, but doesn’t have any buffs or cleanses typically associated with them. (Or revives, but those usually have a long cooldown and don’t really fit with Warframe.)

1 hour ago, Mandolin53 said:

#1 Sentinal Weapons are trash to begin with, noone cares about them, and 20K is just some sad excuse for a man trying to make something worth his life, while the artax may have the best sentinal weapon its only decent use is spreading cold procs for condition overload, with all companions receiving vaccuum sentinals will be a thing of the past mostly as most kavats and kubrows provide more to the table than sentinals except that they dont have regen. But they can be revived an infinite amount of times safely with void mode on the operator and honestly if youve modded them with decent survivability they will rarely die anyway until you hit endurance level mobs. Which there is no reason to do anymore because void keys dont exist anymore.

Sentinel Weapons can provide interesting niches in various ways, and some players (not me by the way) would like a fully riven-modded loadout with a sentinel riven. Djinn has infinite revives with Reawaken, and I am well aware of what beasts bring to the table. Carrier Prime will not be phased out, nor will Helios Prime for Codex completionists. Sentinels do not rely on the health, armor, and shields of your Warframe, they do not suffer from the atrocity of AI, and they offer unique precepts like any companion.

#2 Primed Chamber, is also trash, because Riven mods made it obsolete, you can 100% more damage on every shot with even more stats on a riven, and by the time you fit on the rest of your build there is no slot for primed chamber, its purely an item of status, tbh it shouldnt be tradable at this point because theres no use in having it in terms of modding but rather as an item to say "I did the event and I was one of the best" unless you already bought it.

I don't think you understand how Primed Chamber is calculated. A Riven Mod makes Primed Chamber even better as it grants 100% Bonus damage after modding. The mod's price is bloated sure, but it is far from trash for someone who understands how it works. -Magazine Riven Mods also increase the versatility outside of Vectis.

Both points are obviously for your own agenda towards something selfish and not for the community or in the interest of balance.

Besides its not like you dont have people who have 200,000+ plat, which I know you do, so all youre trying to do most likely is buy it for cheap and scam someone else as per usual.

I have owned Primed Chamber. I also have owned an Artax Riven for which I paid 5 digit prices for. I am not trying to push any agenda here. Exclusive cosmetics is one thing, but exclusive upgrades (mods, event weapons, or other) is something that has slowly died off with only a small handful of exceptions that should be discussed. If these mods never returned again, I would have no problem with that as I am simply asking for an official discussion. Also, the amount of Platinum a player holds is irrelevant to their intentions of trading.

I am pushing no agenda, nor do I personally value these mods. I sold my Primed Chamber a year ago, and I sold my Artax Riven a few months ago. Your narrow minded view of my question is neither constructive nor helpful on promoting a healthy discussion on game mechanics on an official Digital Extremes Twitch stream.

-Can we expect any changes to the PoE based on the Fortuna or are the Plains left to die in current state?

-Any upcoming clan activities before Railjack?

-Where Steve is keeping his cookies?

-Are we gonna see new weapon augments for weapons that are straight up downgrade to other guns sharing similar playstyle, to give them any kind of identity outside of "worse X"? Or Rivens are covering that, so we will see no more weapon augments?

-Any plans to incorporate Orb Vallis into events that are not ghouls?

Do I have questions.

DO I HAVE QUESTIONS?

dO I HaVe QuEsTiOnS!?

DO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

as a matter of fact I do. Thank you for asking.

May I get notice Rebbec-pei?

Some notice?

alittle notice?

NoTiCe MeEeEeeeEEeEeEe!!!!!!!!!

ahem........

My questions refer to Garuda and Melee 3.0

1. Once Melee 3.0 is out, will you be able to give Garuda a unique stance that is exclusive to Garuda's Talons along with some new animations for them? Her Talons currently feel tacked on and is using place-holder animations. Giving Garuda an idle stance that has her legs crisscrossed, like in her noble animation set, while she has her Talons out. Even in her profile video, she didn't look right when she had her Talons out. I know its not exalted or anything but it really feels like a missed opportunity to make it act like a run of the mill claw weapon. Please give her Talons some love, that's all i want from her kit. 

2. Will you be looking into buffing/reworking aspects of her passive and abilities based on feedback from the Forums?

3. Could you please show how the stances for the gun-blades work with the melee 3.0 update?

4. Will you be focusing on adjusting Garuda before working on another frame? 

I'm asking alot about Garuda since I was hyped about her ever since she was shown at tennocon. If anything, providing some unique animations and combos to Garuda's Talons will be all I need to be happy with her.

Heck I was the one from Devstream 117 on youtube who kept spamming "Garuda?" "what about Garuda?"

NOTICE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOTUS-PEI!!!!!!!!! NOOTICCCEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

thank you😋

I hope my post gave a few chuckles while also addressing some important concerns that I hope will be addressed in the stream on friday. See ya then.

I'm a bit late on this, but can we please not get rid of channeling? I know it's not used that much but imo it's a way to expand for damage. I know this kind of opposes 3.0, but i'd like it if you added tons more channeling mods. It's a damage system just waiting to be made and it's a system not many other games have. I feel if you made channeling mods better and more worth our time, plus adding more to the pile, we would start using it more. Maybe even mix channeling into buffing crits or status. Think about it, 4 years ago we laughed at those who used status, we used heavy crit weapons to reach super high tier levels, but when you added condition overload suddenly status popped up everywhere. Taking out channeling would also take away a huge deal of possible weapon perks. I love the current system and it allows for so much. I'd really hate to see it go.

Here are some mod or weapon perk examples to show what i mean.

"consecutive hits *or* kills while channeling increase damage by 2% up to 120%. Effect remains for 10 seconds after channeling ends" This is another way to increase channeling damage, but only the normal damage. Just another option,  Effect lasts so it's not always forced and seems more fair. It can be stacked on the already existing 120% channeling damage to great effect.

"While channeling, melee combo bonus reduces channeling cost the higher it gets" - Of course, this means channeling is easier to manage and is more desirable since it costs 5 energy. It means warframe abilities can be used while channeling if they can keep this going.

"While channeling, melee combo bonus turns into extra critical damage multiplier" -Made so that people choose between the classic bloodrush and body count option, or this. Do they want damage or status extra damage, sacrificing the extra melee dmg they normally get. A gamble.

"Kills while channeling grant base 20% crit chance for 5 seconds. Able to be refreshed" The base 20% crit chance makes it so if people channel, even noncrit weapons can start critting.

"consecutive hits *or* kills while channeling increase status chance by 2% up to 120%. Effect remains for 10 seconds after channeling ends." This makes condition overload users want to gear towards channeling mods and hybrid. It also means balancing skill and efficiency. Effect lasts so it's not always forced and seems more fair.

"Damage is reduced by 40% while channeling, blocking while channeling consumes energy but increases effect to 90%" - For the tank users making channeling AND blocking more desirable to do at all times, even while running between rooms.

"While channeling, 90% *element* damage" -Side note, you could also make it so channeling mods could give flat out dual element mods, maybe. This was added to make channeling much more desirable saving modslots for the sacrifice of damage. This opens up for utility users and status weapons.

"Damage received *or* blocked while channeling increases attack speed by 1% up to 100%, effect lasts for 10 seconds after channeling ends" -Used as a means of increasing attack speed for non crit weapons ontop of fury.

"While channeling, every time status procs on a target, there is a 20% chance another proc will be inflicted." -Assists status weapons and offers another mod to compete or help out condition overload. Highly effective for slash proc weapons or status stances.

"Damage done while channeling ignores armor *or* every hit while channeling removes 20% armor" -A way for people to enjoy melee without relying on corrosive, opening up more elemental options

"Damage done while channeling is 300% more effective vs shields" -This way channeling can be used to maybe destroy shields. I got this idea because of your situational channeling mos like damage done while channeling turns to hp. Also it would be cool if we got something like a shield destroyer 😄

"Every 10 *or* 15 seconds while channeling, explode dealing 250 damage to nearby enemies and open them up to finishers temporarily." -Allows for finisher warframes to enjoy channeling such as nidus, banshee, gara, excalibur, etc etc. the extra dmg is just there.

"Critical hits while channeling increase attack speed and damage by 40% for 5 seconds" -Allows for slower weapons to be used more as they would be stacked with berserker and this one.

"Status hits while channeling increase power strength by 40% for 5 seconds" -No mods atm effect the warframe itself. It would be itneristing to play with using some weapons to buff the warframe.

"Enemies killed while channeling explode for 20% of max health" -This mod makes literally all weapons viable while boosting the weapons with this mod already.

"Enemies killed while channeling grant 60% evasion for 5 seconds. Effect lasts even after channeling ends" -Just because evasion isn't used much but this would really help avoid snipers and other long raged attackers. it would also make people use agility drift to stack. This also makes melee combat far easier and safer for others.

"Enemies killed while channeling cause nearby enemies to become tethered to the warframe's current location." - Just cause we could use it to group enemies without needing abilities.

"Kills while channeling have a 30% chance to drop an energy or health orb." -this mod allows for all warframes to use the Simaris armor mod and restores energy spent

"Reduces base channeling cost to 4" makes channeling more manageable and more desirable to use.

"Every 10 kills while channeling makes warframe's next first ability free" -Lets say ability heavy warframes want this too like saryn, where this would help a lot. This also makes first ability augments and weaker first abilities more desirable. This also makes melee more interactive than just spamming e. It is also very attractive to warframes with powerful first abilities like ivara, garuda, rhino, excalibur, nidus, etc etc. Mesa could also do this as hey, hey first shot is free and super powered, not going to lose anything, why not use it.

"Enemies killed while channeling grant everyone 1% of their max shields as overshield" -Used so people can support allies and make melee easier. Everyone can be a support 😄

"While channeling, All damage dealt is also turned into a building explosion that unleashes after channeling ends" -Sort of like equinox's ability but in a shorter range as a last resort or a special way to deal with heavy enemies.

"Finishers while channeling creates a permanent clone up to 10 enemies. When enemy dies they drop an energy orb." That way people can have an army fighting with them as distractions or shields. They then can recover energy so it's not completely useless.

"Upon preforming a Parry, channeling is free for the next 20 seconds. Effect is refreshable" This is just so that people might want to play a bit more smart if they don't want to mod for the efficiency, offering a slower but effective alternative to efficiency.

While channeling, increase attack range by 150% -Used so that people can use channeling on smaller weapons to kill large groups of enemies because warframe is a fast and mass killing game. It also makes large attack range weapons less desirable by attacking far more enemies, thus consuming more energy.

I love channeling so much because it's a system that you don't find in many games, spending a vital resource on boosting damage. it's another damage system that is separate from status and critical, which boosts the flat damage. But it's an unhatched egg like archwing, but could be fixed with a few mods. I say this now because recently i've fallen for channeling with a riven i've gotten, an okina riven giving me around 220% channeling dmg with 267% melee dmg. My mod suggestions may be over tuned sure, but the concept of them still stands. If you get rid of channeling it would be a huge lost opportunity, Infact melee 3.0 just feels like a huge punch to the gut. From the erasure of channeling to the melee counter changing to the new weapon stats, it just feels like it won't work out at all. Something i admire about you guys is when you take something out, you always replace it with something, like stamina with infinite stamina. But i just can't channeling be replaced with something else unique.This system is beautiful, and it has it's flaws, but trashing it isn't the right way to go about it. I know this won't be mentioned of the devstream, but if you see this then please consider what i've suggested. Melee 2.0 is incredible 🙂 even with it's faults.

Oh  I have a few other Questions.

-Once Fortuna is Released, are guys planning on focusing on balance changes for warframes, story modes, challenging yet fresh new content for vets, or maybe new game modes to add to the ones we have?

-With the Switch release date coming up, Would you guys ever consider creating a warframe connected to a Nintendo franchise like Metroid. Maybe have Samus as a new warframe with a new planet based on one of the Metroid series' planets that has ridley as the final boss? Games like Star link atlas and Skylanders added Nintendo characters for players to play as so I don't see why it would not be worth a shot.

-Enemy types seem to always be horde based with the difficulty coming from numbers and damage increase. Any chance you guys would be interested into experimenting with new AI to create new enemies that could fight like players and act like evil warframes from different factions? Grineer warframes, Corpus Warframes, infested Warframes, kuva Warframes, void and sentient warframe factions would be interesting to fight against. Less about damage dealing and more focus on strategy on how to approach them. Could be like a enemy warframe squad of 4-6 that your team fights against for a new game mode. Might open up more fun and possibilities. Especially for the new war coming up. 

-Any plans to add animation sets for when warframes have melee weapons equiped? really would like to still be able to use the noble and agile animations while I am using melee weapons.

-Any plans to add more features to customizing your warframe?

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work. Sorry if it sounds like I rambled

Will you be considering improvements to feedback and bug-reporting? You recently posted a topic discussing how to give respectful and quality feedback, yet there are a few extenuating issues I feel are worth addressing.

• Writing quality feedback requires a lot of time and effort. I'm sure many players quickly grow disillusioned with investing themselves into feedback only to have zero indication that their feedback has been received or made any difference. A simple, automated "Read by dev" tag would go a long way toward establishing a feedback loop without necessarily requiring replies to every thread.
  • Bug reporting can often be a seemingly fruitless and thankless task. I personally have reported several easily-reproducible bugs with detailed descriptions and screenshots multiple times; those bugs still exist after many months, whereas other ridiculously niche and obscure bugs are seemingly fixed regularly. Similar to feedback, a simple automated "bug logged" tag would do a lot to impression that my reports have been in vain.
  • Thread visibility is structured such that it provides negative reinforcement to posters. Using controversial or confrontational topics, ideas, or concepts inevitably generates more discussion, which keeps threads on the front page for extended periods of time. In contrast, thoughtful and universally well-received ideas quickly sink into the derelicts of pages 5+.

That isn't to say I'm blaming you guys for low-quality or abusive posting; people on the internet are horrible, and people will gravitate to what is easy over what is appropriate whether they're on the internet or not. However, there are a number of things I think you could be doing differently in order to get a higher proportion of better results.

Equinox deluxe? 

Please let her keep her one wing. To naysayers, now we can add another wing with the Suprana Syandana so its all good.

Also, will POE get more wildlife and conservation eventually?

And when can we weaponize "peaceful" equipment for battle?

I want:

General-Purpose Kinetic Siphon Trap - Stuns and Shocks enemies in general in an AOE, not just synthesis targets.

Combat Tranq Rifle - Can put regular enemies to sleep for no-kill runs and challenges

Ostron Battle Fishing Spear - Usable as melee weapon that can be thrown to harpoon enemies

Solaris Battle Electro Spear - Usable as melee weapon with electric status and can be thrown to do an AOE stun

Combat Mining Laser - Usable as secondary weapon that fires continuous beam dealing damage and small punchthrough.

Combat Echo-lure - Toss at target location to create a lure that distracts enemies

Combat Animal Bait - Toss at area to send Kavats/Kubrows into frenzy and attack their handlers... or draws wild kavats and kubrows to the scene, or wild Sand Skates. 

The blueprints for these can be offered in their respective rep systems for a sizable amount of rep.

I would like to go fishing for grineer. 

Also, if there is indeed a new warframe hinted. I won't be surprised if it is cyclops themed with that Corpus unit going around shooting eye laser blasts on Fortuna

You guys have done magic with the optimization of Fortuna. My low-end pc can run it,so I could not possibly ask for more, but my fps drops from time to time and it hurts my soul. Will there be more options to increase performance even more on older equips? Like disable climate effects, or the rendering distance? Thank you. 🙂

I don't know if i should say this here,but Frotuna is full of bugs. It has aslo been noticed in standard gameplay,since some of the mechanics are implemented from Fortuna to standard gameplay. I hope you will fix these bugs first and improvise on the previous part before releasing part II. We are not in a rushing,Vor is still inspecting the first transport, for the Queens! Wish you all a good luck and a very joyful stream!

Archived