Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little more blood?

Sargikarp

I really think this game could use a little more blood. I mean the current way of how enemies get sliced up is really satisfying and all as it is, but I mean a little more decals on the walls, blood splatter and squirts I guess? what do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Sargikarp said:

I really think this game could use a little more blood. I mean the current way of how enemies get sliced up is really satisfying and all as it is, but I mean a little more decals on the walls, blood splatter and squirts I guess? what do you guys think?

I'd love optional gibs and fluids like in killing floor 2.

Nvidia Physics based guts and blood. It's fu**ing awesome. 

I'm all for gore 2.0. Not saying it should go all killing floor 2 hehe but I would be fine with some minor touch ups and bugs fixed. I still get those strange moments where I cut a guy in two at the waist but end up with two torsos hehe. Letting us cut infested and robotic units up more would be nice. I know others have also recommended different damage visuals for puncture and impact. I think explosive deaths could be better too.

Ok, I once suggested on another thread where cutting enemies up will literally spray organs everywhere and ya know, pool the blood on the whole area. I am all for extreme levels of gratuitous violence. Things like burnt flesh, torn up bodies, organs in a pile, rolling heads etc.

Would make it more ... enjoyable to watch when I play.

Game is already gruesome. If the bodies didn't despawn so quickly the hallways would be paved with eviscerated corpses nailed to walls and steaming neck wounds. If anything it needs more subtlety in it's approach. Everything seems to have a cartooney filter over it with over the top effects and brightly colored pickups. Ragdolling enemies fly across the room instead of slumping over, and those gore effects are over the top too. Get a shot on their hand and their entire torso splits in half. More realistic positioning of killshots would provide better feedback imo.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Ok, I once suggested on another thread where cutting enemies up will literally spray organs everywhere and ya know, pool the blood on the whole area. I am all for extreme levels of gratuitous violence. Things like burnt flesh, torn up bodies, organs in a pile, rolling heads etc.

Would make it more ... enjoyable to watch when I play.

Having blood soaked skeletons on the floor while having body part, a lot of Organs on the Floor, blood on our Frames, bath of blood on the Floor, having blood gushing out in every slash proc we hit, limbs flying everywhere while squirting blood when the enemy got hit by a explosive, smashed body parts, having smoke appear from the enemy while their flesh is getting burnt, blood squirting out of their heads when their heads getting blowned off and be on walls and Floor, ripping their hearts from inside of their bodies, slicing their heads in two pieces with a Axe or their neck, having their eye balls on the Floor and stabbing them with a dagger if it’s inside of a enemy still, ripping their heads off, and Skeletons out of their body is what Extreme Gore is to me. Pretty much Doom 2016’s and MK’s Gore but at a higher level.

it would be nice to see that but ipthat could be too much for DE. Garuda got closer to that but the level of Gore she got or this game got is not at the same level.

Edited by GPrime96

I'd love for the game to become more realistic in this aspect.

We chop up Grineer & Corpus but no blood gets on the Frame, the squirts are alright but I'd rather the game go full God of War in this reguard.

Chop a Grineer/Corpus in half? Both halves of the enemy should have a brief eruption of blood (Don't think Anime. This would be VERY large but NOT some firehose) & our Frame should be covered or heavily splattered in it.

Chop a Robot in half? Oil should replace blood & flow in place, run down the walls, hell maybe it can be a slipping hazard!

Due to system limitations corpses parts, blood pools, splatters, etc. All should despawn/slowly fade when players love far enough away as even the best PCs will explode from rending all the enemies + bodies + six + gore.

But I'd love to see blood trails (even some bone), eruptions, & splatters. Many of the melee weapons hit extremely hard, are designed around flaying, sawing, snapping, and performing full on dismemberment with ease.

When Ordis says we keep coming back covered in blood it should be true.

However to respect folks who are squeamish and/or feint at blood. I'd say there should be a Gore slider, just like Graphic settings.

Warframe impo should rival God of War & Killing floor.

The game is already rated M.

DE should embrace the freedoms that allows.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Lancars:

RIP AND TEAR!

On a serious note it would be fine if they added a gore slider. So you get to choose how visceral it gets on your end without effecting anyone else with it. Options are better honestly.

Actually they are not better in this case, at least not for DE, cause that would probably result in an increased rating.

And btw, we had more blood and gore back in the days.

We need a total gore overhaul.

I say we need a slider to choose from different options:

- Off - Disables gore (why tho)

- Low - Only a few blood pools on the ground

- Normal - What we got now

- High - Larger blood pools, blood stays longer

- Extreme - Huge blood pools, blood squirts from corpses, blood stays on enemies and players during the whole mission

- Monday Morning - Same as "Extreme" but corpses don't despawn (at least until you get too far away), blood in the level stays permanently, enemies have much more gruesome screams, NVIDIA Physics for blood and organs like in Killing Floor 2.

Imagine playing Valkyr... oooooh....

I don't want the bodies to disappear at all. I want blood and body parts everywhere. And my Warframe dripping with blood and battle wear/scars. And if we wanted to get the patched up we could remove the stupid Nidus only requirement for the Nidus room and allow the infested chair to patch us up. 1446688684302.gif

I would vary much like Gore 2.0.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Fully agreed. Also worth mentioning: For most heavily modded games, gore overhauls tend to make it to the top 10 downloads. People just love their gore.

Interestingly, realistic effects tend to be quite popular. Gory can be subtle - small spurts of thick, dark red blood are far more gruesome than giant jets of bright red neon water.

Would be great if we could toggle individual effects (particles, decals, ragdolling limbs) on and off, both for performance and preference.

The game needs a gore overhaul.  Warframe is using the "exposed innards" and severed limbs models from The Darkness II.  Enemies need custom severed limbs and exposed innards.  Blood actually needs to pool beneath the bodies and somehow spray onto the walls and ceiling with the initial blow.  Fit the bloodshed sigil onto our enemies so they look shot up when killed.  Finally, the number of bodies sticking around should be a concern between me and my PC. 

Organs flying out would be great, blast reducing people to an indiscernable mess of giblets would be awesome, and corrosive/fire turning people to skeletons would be satisfying as hell (it was a game changing mod in Fallout 4 for me,) but I'd be fine with better splitting of bodies, the blood shed sigil applied to the dead, and some actual blood spilling onto the world's surfaces.

10 hours ago, Lancars said:

Options are better honestly.

this. I enjoy Gore, but a slider for those with more sensitive stomachs should be available. can be made simple with a few settings:

off - no blood, enemies always remain whole, however they will still give double Desecrate Drops in deaths where they would have been dismembered. think most Ubisoft games.

low - some blood effects, but nothing over the top.

normal- system that we currently have.

intense - full on killing Floor/ Doom with blood spurting and more brutal eviscerations.

5 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I don't want the bodies to disappear at all. I want blood and body parts everywhere. And my Warframe dripping with blood and battle wear/scars. And if we wanted to get the patched up we could remove the stupid Nidus only requirement for the Nidus room and allow the infested chair to patch us up. 1446688684302.gif

I would vary much like Gore 2.0.

The only downside to this is that it's too much for PCs & Consoles to handle. Eventually framerates would crash & systems would burn.

But Gore 2.0 is badly needed.

Warframe is already rated M so the game should embrace the freedom that comes with that.