Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

2 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

I have pre-ordered the [EA] game

I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. 

it isn't just the usual burnout,

Just felt like outlining the important bits.

To answer the actual topic title - at this point, the only kind of game that may be able to rival Warframe in its field, is not another copy paste of Destiny with a couple of changed mechanincs and nice graphics, but an innovative title, that would take big risks and try to make something distinctly unique, yet at the same time in the "futuristic online horde looter\shooter" genre. Why, you may ask? Because, in my opinion, Warframe has too much of a headstart on everyone else in terms of sheer amount of content. It is a product of a studio that was making nothing else but this game for many years. Anthem will come out, most people will see and try everything in it in about 20 hours, and then either stay for the endgame grind for miniscule improvements and PvP for a bit longer, or go somewhere else (back to Warframe).

• Like 1

I can understand your burn out but I personally not feel this because I rarely play the game and only when I have the time to play and have fun. It is depend on the point of view and what you want to do. Farm or enjoy the game and do some farm when you feel you wish. I never felt the need to farm anything in this game and when I do I do it casually and has no regret.

I hope you will coming back after a pause, honestly that can help a lot and your progress won't lose here. Anthem sounds and looks a fair game at the first sight but we will see that how it will perform or it will kill Bioware or it will kickstart them and maybe they will continue their belowed series. I personally wish good luck to the Bioware but does not really like how EA milking games nor Activision, Ubi and the rest titans.

I don't want to say you made a mistake with the preorder because you wants that game then but I would like to be very careful with any new IP. We all seen Destiny and how it ended still the game run but the Bungie left alone with it so maybe there is a chance they will remove everything what the Activision wanted to see in the game and hopefully they will remake the game something enjoyable.

I don't think the Anthem will be a major competitor because both games plays in different leagues and the Anthem in every way AAA game while warframe is a good free to play one. Also they copied some dance emotes from warframe on a video I saw that moment and it was fun to see they got inspiration from here.

Anyway I hope you will come back and will enjoy the game again when it become something better. See you later.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Serafinia said:

I can understand your burn out but I personally not feel this because I rarely play the game and only when I have the time to play and have fun. It is depend on the point of view and what you want to do. Farm or enjoy the game and do some farm when you feel you wish. I never felt the need to farm anything in this game and when I do I do it casually and has no regret.

I hope you will coming back after a pause, honestly that can help a lot and your progress won't lose here. Anthem sounds and looks a fair game at the first sight but we will see that how it will perform or it will kill Bioware or it will kickstart them and maybe they will continue their belowed series. I personally wish good luck to the Bioware but does not really like how EA milking games nor Activision, Ubi and the rest titans.

I don't want to say you made a mistake with the preorder because you wants that game then but I would like to be very careful with any new IP. We all seen Destiny and how it ended still the game run but the Bungie left alone with it so maybe there is a chance they will remove everything what the Activision wanted to see in the game and hopefully they will remake the game something enjoyable.

I don't think the Anthem will be a major competitor because both games plays in different leagues and the Anthem in every way AAA game while warframe is a good free to play one. Also they copied some dance emotes from warframe on a video I saw that moment and it was fun to see they got inspiration from here.

Anyway I hope you will come back and will enjoy the game again when it become something better. See you later.

Thank you for not pre-judging me.

I believe the last game I got from EA was Mass Effect 2. I wouldn't get anything from them just for the principle of it (and I don't really felt the urge anyway). EA has a mountain to climb to regain my trust, and judging from what I've seen the last several years, they are moving away from it.

I also don't understand the pre-order culture. What's wrong with waiting for a few days to see/read some reviews from people you trust (even not professional reviewers) and then make your choice? OK, so you won't have the game at launch, but you also won't have the launch problems to deal with.

But I digress. Have fun with whatever you choose to play next (and I don't mean that in a dishonest way)

2 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. I have also spent hundreds of £and have enjoyed, for the most part, that 'investment'. No longer, and it isn't just the usual burnout, it has become a chore and because of this just a grind. I play as a means to an end but what that end is I don't know.

You played for over 7000 hours in the (presumably) last 4 years, and you feel burned out on A game!?!??! No kidding!? Dude, you are free to play other games and do things IRL. Making a declaration like this is just silly. You could have simply said, "Guys, I just pre-ordered Anthem...and really looking forward it. Anyone else looking to play? We should try it out together"

It seems like more and more people expect Warframe to be the be-all-end-all for life. And I can't imagine how this thought pattern translates to other parts of their lives. It is completely fine to enjoy other titles AND Warframe. And the vitriol towards EA...some of it's warranted, but if someone is looking forward to one of their titles, awesome! It is a shame that potentially great titles get marred by corporate greed and neglect. That said, I too am looking forward to Anthem, but I no longer pre-order games.

TLDR: you got a lot of bang for your buck, no sense in throwing it away...  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

You played for over 7000 hours in the (presumably) last 4 years, and you feel burned out on A game!?!??! No kidding!? Dude, you are free to play other games and do things IRL. Making a declaration like this is just silly. You could have simply said, "Guys, I just pre-ordered Anthem...and really looking forward it. Anyone else looking to play? We should try it out together"

It seems like more and more people expect Warframe to be the be-all-end-all for life. And I can't imagine how this thought pattern translates to other parts of their lives. It is completely fine to enjoy other titles AND Warframe. And the vitriol towards EA...some of it's warranted, but if someone is looking forward to one of their titles, awesome! It is a shame that potentially great titles get marred by corporate greed and neglect. That said, I too am looking forward to Anthem, but I no longer pre-order games.

TLDR: you got a lot of bang for your buck, no sense in throwing it away...  

Sorry........ I just pre-ordered Anthem, maybe we could play it together? Only the thing is that I only play solo, so that's a non starter. Also I know what burnout is and, surprisingly given the amout of time I've played, this isn't. I do recognise burnout. It's just that I don't enjoy the latest additions i.e. DE's open world and the repetitive nature of them. Bounties to me are a pain and I don't enjoy doing the same thing over and over again. I've read a lot of criticism about DE's direction and I believe that Anthem may be a wake up call. What I do disagree with, is being lectured about EA's lack of principles when DE sold out to a Chinese egg (chicken) company. We all know about China's record on human rights? Or do we?

I pre-ordered to gain some extras and since I was going to get the game anyway it seemed sensible. (or not as the case may be)

It might rival Warframe. So might Division 2. But in my experience, new games rarely (if ever) "kill" existing games. How many games have been stated to be the "Destiny killer," for instance? Never came to pass.

That doesn't mean a game can't die, but it's unlikely to be at the hands of some new game. The only thing that kills a game is the developers of that game -- bad decisions, listening to the wrong people, failing to hit deadlines, poor design, and improper expectation management. 

I agree that game looks and sounds amazing but there’s a thorn in the sand. This is EA, a company known to have amazingly designed setups and environment with piss poor game design with almost no remorse for making a game that’s not friendly to the fans but to their wallets. That isn’t to say that EA can’t make a good game, they can and have the talent to do so but in order to do this they have to say legitimately and not for press. Is. This. Good. For. The. Player. A thorn in the sand. You may find it and step into a bloody mess or you may miss it entirely to have a grand ol’ time. Personally I will get it if Angry Joe gives that sweet A++ that EA can do but don’t put forth the effort

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

It might rival Warframe. So might Division 2. But in my experience, new games rarely (if ever) "kill" existing games. How many games have been stated to be the "Destiny killer," for instance? Never came to pass.

That doesn't mean a game can't die, but it's unlikely to be at the hands of some new game. The only thing that kills a game is the developers of that game -- bad decisions, listening to the wrong people, failing to hit deadlines, poor design, and improper expectation management. 

Too right!

Never pre-order anything from the Triple A publishers...Why hasn't this sunk in by now? Wait and see and make sure it's worth your time and money  since they Activision and EA are getting smarter on allowing a player base to form and then spring their predatory monetization on you..Give a few months and let it all self correct...I'm ready to wait for Bungie to come out with Destiny Reborn as a indie to see if they are more gamer friendly...if so then they'll put added pressure on EA to allow Bioware to follow suit...but, until that bridge is crossed I would be skeptical of anything that has EA attached to it...

1 minute ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

It's just that I don't enjoy the latest additions i.e. DE's open world and the repetitive nature of them. Bounties to me are a pain and I don't enjoy doing the same thing over and over again.

But you did it for 7000 hours? That not repetitive?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

What I do disagree with, is being lectured about EA's lack of principles when DE sold out to a Chinese egg (chicken) company. We all know about China's record on human rights? Or do we?

I hope you don't feel I was lecturing you...I was supporting your decision. But we can't use "what-about-isms" in these conversations...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

But you did it for 7000 hours? That not repetitive?

I hope you don't feel I was lecturing you...I was supporting your decision. But we can't use "what-about-isms" in these conversations...

Sorry my comment wasn't directed at you. I should be more careful. I meant what I said about DE selling out though, but thanks.

I'm retired and have time on my hands. I do have many other interests and grandsons too.

3 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Anthem will be released in February and is expected to rival Warframe. I have pre-ordered the game and don't then expect to return to Warfame, though never say never. I feel that the game has become stale and unenjoyable. I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours.

Well no wonder a fresh new game is looking interesting when you have over 7000 hours combined in another. Of course a game will look stale after 7000(!!!!!) hours. But you are making one huge mistake (bigger than Ryan Reynolds taking the part a Green Lantern), you pre-ordered an EA product. And you somehow think it will actually have a lasting (positive) impression. I can bet my left nut, possible the right one too that it will not even give you 1k hours of enjoyment.

Few games have brought me the enjoyment in hours that WF has. I can actually count them on one hand, and that is over a period of 20+ years now.

Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Marvel Heroes and Warframe. Those are the only games that have managed to keep me occupied for thousands of hours and in some cases several years. Path of Exile might get on that top 5 list one day. The rest have been played and tossed away within 6 months tops. I dont count game such as Overwatch or Battlefield to that list because they arent progressional games where you keep building your characters, heroes or frames. They are simply good pass time activities when you simply wanna shoot people, something I have the need for when playing games without PvP as the main game.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well no wonder a fresh new game is looking interesting when you have over 7000 hours combined in another. Of course a game will look stale after 7000(!!!!!) hours. But you are making one huge mistake (bigger than Ryan Reynolds taking the part a Green Lantern), you pre-ordered an EA product. And you somehow think it will actually have a lasting (positive) impression. I can bet my left nut, possible the right one too that it will not even give you 1k hours of enjoyment.

Few games have brought me the enjoyment in hours that WF has. I can actually count them on one hand, and that is over a period of 20+ years now.

Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Marvel Heroes and Warframe. Those are the only games that have managed to keep me occupied for thousands of hours and in some cases several years. Path of Exile might get on that top 5 list one day. The rest have been played and tossed away within 6 months tops. I dont count game such as Overwatch or Battlefield to that list because they arent progressional games where you keep building your characters, heroes or frames. They are simply good pass time activities when you simply wanna shoot people, something I have the need for when playing games without PvP as the main game.

Don't offer your nuts as a refusal can offend!

9 minutes ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Don't offer your nuts as a refusal can offend!

It's just nuts left from christmash, might aswell bet them instead of giving them away to a stray squirrel.

Also, Anthem will not be WF-like. It will more resemble the game Firefall, but with far less mechanized suits. It will likely pull more players from games such as Division, FO76, Destiny 2 and other games with similar game "pace". And with the complete trainrwecks that have been produced/published lately by big corporations I have high doubts Anthem will be different. I mean it isnt the first time EA and their partners straight up lie about their games.

Like BFV that was said to have authentic combat stories from WW2. Well it turned out to be a complete hoax of incidents that never actually happened that way or had those people included in the story that way. Some of the norwegian story parts in that game is a blatant rip off of the story of the 12th man along with other actual heroes of the telemark, DICE/EA just switched it around abit, turned it into action movie stories and slapped a gun in the hands of a woman/little girl. I wouldnt buy anything from EA these days since they are too obsessed with diversity, pc and sjwing over publishing and producing a quality game with actual authentic stories.

They dont realize that they actually offend the real national heroes of those countries by changing the stories into something they were not. And if you care so much about human right as you say in your chicken company comment, maybe you should think twice about EA products too that make up stories about what happened, leaving the actual heroes in the shadows, heroes that actually changed our world and helped make it a non-facsist/nazi empire.

Edited by SneakyErvin

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It's just nuts left from christmash, might aswell bet them instead of giving them away to a stray squirrel.

Also, Anthem will not be WF-like. It will more resemble the game Firefall, but with far less mechanized suits. It will likely pull more players from games such as Division, FO76, Destiny 2 and other games with similar game "pace". And with the complete trainrwecks that have been produced/published lately by big corporations I have high doubts Anthem will be different. I mean it isnt the first time EA and their partners straight up lie about their games.

Like BFV that was said to have authentic combat stories from WW2. Well it turned out to be a complete hoax of incidents that never actually happened that way or had those people included in the story that way. Some of the norwegian story parts in that game is a blatant rip off of the story of the 12th man along with other actual heroes of the telemark, DICE/EA just switched it around abit, turned it into action movie stories and slapped a gun in the hands of a woman/little girl. I wouldnt buy anything from EA these days since they are too obsessed with diversity, pc and sjwing over publishing and producing a quality game with actual authentic stories.

I hope that you're wrong. The proof will be in the pudding. (which may contain nuts!)

3 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

I feel that the game has become stale and unenjoyable. I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. I have also spent hundreds of £and have enjoyed, for the most part, that 'investment'. No longer, and it isn't just the usual burnout

Wha... wow. You've played this game for over seven thousand hours. Seven thousand hours! I don't think I could play any game for seven thousand hours without getting bored. Frankly, Tenno, I think it's okay if you feel done with this game.

Tell you what though, if you can get even half the gameplay hours (3.5k hours) out of Anthem before burning out, I'll be really happy for you and you can come back to these forums to boast about how right you were about Anthem rivaling Warframe. Personally, as gorgeous as the game is, I am wary of Anthem at best. Most of its creative team resigned mid-development to be replaced by completely different people, which usually precedes the release of a lousy game/movie/etc. Also, the studio seems to be the next in a chain of smaller studios that EA buys up, chews on and spits out after sinking their resources into poorly-executed games effectively killing the studio and allowing EA to buy out their long-appreciated intellectual properties.

And then you put up money to that before the game's even out. For your sake, I hope that money's at least a little worth.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Wha... wow. You've played this game for over seven thousand hours. Seven thousand hours! I don't think I could play any game for seven thousand hours without getting bored. Frankly, Tenno, I think it's okay if you feel done with this game.

Tell you what though, if you can get even half the gameplay hours (3.5k hours) out of Anthem before burning out, I'll be really happy for you and you can come back to these forums to boast about how right you were about Anthem rivaling Warframe. Personally, as gorgeous as the game is, I am wary of Anthem at best. Most of its creative team resigned mid-development to be replaced by completely different people, which usually precedes the release of a lousy game/movie/etc. Also, the studio seems to be the next in a chain of smaller studios that EA buys up, chews on and spits out after sinking their resources into poorly-executed games effectively killing the studio and allowing EA to buy out their long-appreciated intellectual properties.

And then you put up money to that before the game's even out. For your sake, I hope that money's at least a little worth.

My choice but I hope that your prediction is wrong. What happens if DE's Chinese holding company pulls the plug? Is it possible? Would you trust them? I don't know, but if the numbers fall then anything is possible, Or am I wrong?

At my age, if I can derive a few hours of enjoyment, then it will be worth it. I can't get excited about Warframe's plans or recent developments and I don't enjoy Warframe now despite presumptions of burnout. I may well be burnt out by life but I don't think so!