Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What companion do you use with Ivara?

StarMoral

2 minutes ago, StarMoral said:

I have a feeling I'll be seein' a lot of Helios/Carrier/Kavats XD

Ever since that Tek mod for Kavats dropped, it's the only one to use. The one that increases the length of kavat buffs. It's brilliant for resources, allowing more double buffs more often.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, CaptainJLP said:

It's quite subjective, I generally use any sentinel, including my djiin (w/o fatal attraction), in terms of kubrows and that I would use chesa when it gets revamped, kavats probably ardaza for critical hits or smeeta for random buffs.

I thought about Diriga for a little, having plenty of CC for me to use, but I wanted to see what else may come up. Still tryin to collect Kavat codes (may be a bit easier now I'm usin Helios a bit more) but hopefully I can get an Ardaza since I loves me some Crit... Especially with Ivara.

I just use carrier still because I can't be bothered to switch to anything else for any circumstance. I hate cats and don't want to use them. None of the dogs feel like they have any actual point in general, and pet survivability is still god-awful if you're not playing a tank yourself. Less important if they're perma-cloaked from ivara, but i'm not always cloaked anyhow.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StarMoral said:

I thought about Diriga for a little, having plenty of CC for me to use, but I wanted to see what else may come up. Still tryin to collect Kavat codes (may be a bit easier now I'm usin Helios a bit more) but hopefully I can get an Ardaza since I loves me some Crit... Especially with Ivara.

Easy way to get kavat codes. Use Nezha on vault runs, max range, high duration, low power strength. Use your 4th ability in each room and it will skewer invisible kavats into the air for you to easily scan them. 

Djinn can also be useful for long runs with the ability to revive itself with the Simaris mod. Useful for endurance missions over a few hours so you still have vacuum available in later game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StarMoral said:

Normally, I always use my little baby Shade, but since I run full Efficiency on Ivara, the little guy doesn't really offer much.

So, what companion do you use with Ivara? Sentinel, Beast, Moa, anythin'! I'd love to know what you guys use!

Unless I feel like being different, I just use Helios Prime for everything.  Animal pets are kind of a pain (with the health / happiness decay and the irritating Stasis mechanic making it basically impossible to include them in saved loadouts.)  And Moa pets, while cute, are prone to getting stuck and staring at walls for the entire mission.  And their precepts mostly range from "meh" to actually broken.  Like the one that is supposed to hack... but will no longer hack Spy mission terminals or laser grids, or really do much of anything aside from unlock doors and turning off alarm consoles.  Oh, and hacking Moa cupboards to spawn a small army of low level, disposable stompy Moas to run around and make good and sure that everyone in orbit knows you're there.

So... yeah, mostly I just use Helios Prime.

i use the same Companions no matter what Warframe i currently have Equipped.

34 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

and pet survivability is still god-awful if you're not playing a tank yourself.

i think by that, what you mean is if you buy into the false """meta""" of never using any Survivability Mods.
because if you do use one or two, pet EHP is astronomical. and besides, Pack Leader is a much more effective source of Healing then..... the none that you have for options elsewhere.

Edited by taiiat

12 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i use the same Companions no matter what Warframe i currently have Equipped.

i think by that, what you mean is if you buy into the false """meta""" of never using any Survivability Mods.
because if you do use one or two, pet EHP is astronomical. and besides, Pack Leader is a much more effective source of Healing then..... the none that you have for options elsewhere.

I run as much survivability as I need to; I'm a solo player, I don't have people to pick me up. and in my experience, it just doesn't work out for pets that facetank everything. the stupid smeeta kavat seems to bypass the issue by being permanently invisible with a decoy or something, but i hate cats. Though, this might be another one of those things where the largely-solo play is working against me, since it means there are a lot less targets splitting enemy agro away from a dog that wants to run in or stand around.

I could try to force more survivability in to try and bring pets with me but there just... wouldn't be any benefit in anything I do, at all, outside of the slim chance of that dumb cat doubling things. I don't need a huras cloaking me, I don't need energy orbs being dug up.

Helios, I let it vacuum the goodies and go shutterbug to it's mechanical little heart's content. Less stuff I have to keep in mind to do. Yes, I AM that lazy.

If I'm leveling a combat pet up, then they're obviously equipped, but I don't prefer them by any means. As a stealth player who sticks with it, I find them to be far more of a nuisance, hindrance or liability, sitch depending, than a help.

Right now, I have a Kubrow puppy deliberately not matured. I've already done that particular breed before, but just wanted something around the Orbiter I didn't have to feed or interact with, lest it die. And he's cuter this way anyway.

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Smeeta Kavat, same thing I always use unless there's new units that need scanning. Then I use Helios.

The good old one two combo 😉

The only time i don't use one of these two is when I go hunting with my Tek Enhanced Adarza :) 

I use any, but my favorite Sentinel is the Taxon. very rare I take health damage outside of Slash and Toxin Procs since I always got mad shields. Artax slows down enemies nicely for easy headshots, and since most sentinel guns are garbage for DPS anyway, more utility is the way to go IMO.

whenever you need shields.. X gon Give em to ya! forget waiting to get em on ya own, X gon Deliver to ya!

All my exalted frames use my Adarza. Other frames that use their primaries alot tend to get a Carrier Prime. But lately since I've been trying to get used to Catchmoon (with pax charge) as secondary I tend to run a sniper as primary. So Carrier doesnt feel that needed anymore. I also tend to melee alot, so might switch over to Adarza for all my frames soon.

I was switching over to my Adarza as few months before the Fetch mod came out. Now with Fetch on him, I have no reason to use anything with my Ivara other than my Crit Kitty who is also a beast at stripping armor while receiving all the benefits of Prowl.  

Mwuahahahaha

My Smeeta, rarely do I not use it.... I recently started using a Moa with the hack precept with Ivara for snoozing on sorties spy...

man, wish I could be proud of using a Moa but they seem to be the equivalent to scrap interms of how they square up agaisnt other companions. They cute as a button thou :]