Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Creds feels stingy

KnossosTNC

Having to get to Rank 3 just to get your first 50 Wolf Creds feels like a grind cliff just for some helmets and Nitain - potatoes means another grind cliff.

I'd suggest smoothing the slope and drip-feed them in 5s and 10s and 15s or so through the Challenges alongside Standing instead. Leave the top line for the event-exclusive rewards.

Just a first impression. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

suggest

Not in here you don't, here you discuss. I polished that "Discussion" sign until it was darn near spotless!

Suggestions go in the building across the road, I know the sign's a bit hidden but you're looking for the room marked feedback. :wink:

As it stands I agree, somewhat. I can see the idea behind it, gets you to log in more often overall, but it's always nice to be drip fed rewards like that a bit more steadily imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Not in here you don't, here you discuss. I polished that "Discussion" sign until it was darn near spotless!

Suggestions go in the building across the road, I know the sign's a bit hidden but you're looking for the room marked feedback. :wink:

As it stands I agree, somewhat. I can see the idea behind it, gets you to log in more often overall, but it's always nice to be drip fed rewards like that a bit more steadily imo.

Looking around the forum, I think other people are already doing a lot of their own "suggesting."

Specifically, where to put Nightwave altogether.

Anyway, I see pros and cons with both this and the old Alerts system. I'm going to give a chance.

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Having to get to Rank 3 just to get your first 50 Wolf Creds feels like a grind cliff just for some helmets and Nitain - potatoes means another grind cliff.

I'd suggest smoothing the slope and drip-feed them in 5s and 10s and 15s or so through the Challenges alongside Standing instead. Leave the top line for the event-exclusive rewards.

But stingy, yeah but, I'm willing to give it a try for March before giving a thumbs up or down on it.

• Like 1

I have to agree. I was trying to figure out how to make some wolf creds but eventually realize you only get them from the tier rewards. So adding it all up I counted 300 wolf creds in total... spread out for 10 weeks...? That is cringy, like Fallout 76 cringy. Prior to this update you were able to regularly get a spew of aura mods, nitain, helmets and so on in one day. It was nice and worked well. Occasionally if you were lucky you get a potato but now... I don't know.

I was very hyped about Nightwave because I felt I could take a day off to grind everything I wanted for a week or grind and build up a stock of standing/creds to save for next week or whenever I wished. However that's not the case and this comes off as some sort of battle-pass copy cat system from Battle Royale games. I don't want to sound like I'm whining mind you. I really do love this update but I feel that currently it needs a revamp ASAP.

My issues are:

1) Wolf creds too low or prices too high for everything. Cut the prices in half or up the wolf cred, add ways to generate more cred. Something..! This 300 wolf cred after 10 weeks is just too stingy. The effort put in to get the creds and buy the usual alert rewards is just not equally to the quick 3min missions we do for alerts in the past.

2) Weekly/Daily challenges. This plus the tiers made me think of battle-pass. Don't, just don't. Remove the week/daily aspect and just make it a long list of missions/objectives you can do. That way if you grind it all out in a week or two then you can chill for the next 2 months. You could mimic BF:V's assignment system. Select a few to be active tasks you are completely and hop into a mission to knock them out.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

But stingy, yeah but, I'm willing to give it a try for March before giving a thumbs up or down on it.

I'll give this a week before even beginning to lean in either direction.

Like I said, I see pros and cons in both this and the old system.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Definitely need a check up, first tier is a glyph,

maybe replace first and third tier rewards, getting creds before a cosmetic just makes more sense according to me. 

And as suggested additional (but limited and exhaustive) means to earn creds are also needed. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

Maybe the reason why its stingy is cos DE is trying to give something that will actually give the players goals instead of just the same old farming routine. Imo anyways. Wolf creds feel kinda ok to me since for as long as i could remember playing, 1 most uprising problem is content drought (idk if i spelled that right tho lol ) but with this new system, new folks even vets have something to work towards to in game. The rewards arent something thats hard to get thats rng based its a literal reward thats hard to get for doing the challenges and ranking up that you will get after working hard.DE gave us something thats not RNG based (which is like 80% of all the items in game) and its awesome (for me anyways, idk abt u guys). And for the stingy part, think of it this way, nitain, tellerium and oro cells are some of the most hardest resource to get in game. And yet why is it that people are still bored in getting them? Thats cos, imo, they can be easily farmed. Tho they are hard to get the method is ez, u just go to a node, desecrate or lootroid, then wait for results. Unlike with this new system, we get to revisit nodes, do other stuff, and be an active player instead of just pressing a button and waiting for it.

Tldr: wolf creds aint stingy, its ok and the new system is awesome.

Ps: this is just me tho, so if ur like "naaah ur wrong bro" thats awesome 😄

Off hand, rebalance Wolf Cred gain 15-20 a week (15 at 75% weekly challenge completion or thereabout) over the first few weeks of the overall event (pushing back or augmenting rewards as necessary), then bump the Nitain bundle from 5 to 7 Nitain. Adjust other store prices as necessary. Main problem with the system at the moment is the hill to climb for that first batch of Nitain is kinda obnoxious.

15 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

Thats intentional they dont want you hoarding 5000+ catalyst 

And drip-feeding Creds through the Challenges still won't cause that. It would simply smooth out the progression a bit. Right now you play your butt off out of the game for 2-3 hours spread over however many sessions you care to do so just to get to a big pile of Creds.

I'm just saying, instead of putting all that Creds at the top of the slope, spread it out a little, and make it feel more rewarding over time.

Edited by KnossosTNC

I suggested before that each challenge rewards creds.

Farming standing won't motivate me anymore in this game. If warframe wants an audience of standing farmers then fine keep designing in the direction it is.

Edited by Redfeather75

Just give me a long ass list of achievements to do for the entire season and let me do them at my own pace, throw in small daily challenges for bonus standing. Players that want to smash it out(like me) can do so and be done with the entire season in a week, while other players can take their time and play when they're able to without the fear of missing out on standing due to that business trip for the next 3 days making them miss a weekly challenge. That's the best way to do seasons, keen players are rewarded sooner, casual players are able to enjoy aspects and aim for certain goals each season. Anyone who blows through it and whines about content drought is a fool. But currently, there is a content drought cos they haven't given us enough to do with this.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 2

Or wait until we have specific details to how the prestige ranks work since they've only been described as a way to earn more cred.

"But I don't want to grind for weeks to prestige."

Playing for a few hours every 2-3 days should be enough to complete every act (that you're capable of completing personally) and you only need to complete 60-65% of them to hit rank 30. This is, at most, days of grinding over a ten week period.

19 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Just give me a long ass list of achievements to do for the entire season and let me do them at my own pace, throw in small daily challenges for bonus standing. Players that want to smash it out(like me) can do so and be done with the entire season in a week, while other players can take their time and play when they're able to without the fear of missing out on standing due to that business trip for the next 3 days making them miss a weekly challenge. That's the best way to do seasons, keen players are rewarded sooner, casual players are able to enjoy aspects and aim for certain goals each season. Anyone who blows through it and whines about content drought is a fool. But currently, there is a content drought cos they haven't given us enough to do with this.

Three problems with this:

1. It would be an intimidating, unholy wall of checklists that would make many people's eyes glaze over. Drip-feeding the tasks is a more user-friendly approach.

2. I doubt the devs cooked up enough different tasks to get you to rank 30 all in one go, hence the need to rotate and repeat.

3. That's not how modern GaaSs work.

My main concern now is that Ive been playing this game for years and i wonder if this battlepass grind will still be novel in a season or two. Personally, i feel like some of the weekly task are taking a bit too much of my focus to complete. Ive been procrastinating on Plains bounties, Invasion missions, Simaris scans etc. I was just forced to do the last scan of a target i had sitting for like 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Three problems with this:

1. It would be an intimidating, unholy wall of checklists that would make many people's eyes glaze over. Drip-feeding the tasks is a more user-friendly approach.

2. I doubt the devs cooked up enough different tasks to get you to rank 30 all in one go, hence the need to rotate and repeat.

3. That's not how modern GaaSs work.

1. Easy enough fix, just put them as scaling difficulty tiers with rewards for each one but you're unable to skip tiers to just get the best rewards. If this is still too daunting just have tier 1 visible until you beat it and unveil tier 2 and so on. Not intimidating and ppl can play at their own pace for those 10 or so weeks.

2. I completely agree with you here.

3. It's the most fair method of appeasing everyone.

On 2019-02-27 at 7:40 PM, KnossosTNC said:

Oh how sad... You have to play the game to get cool rewards. How horrible that everything isnt given to you with zero effort.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Oh how sad... You have to play the game to get cool rewards. How horrible that everything isnt given to you with zero effort.

How does putting time walls make this more effort dependent?

Is the patience to wait for the next single daily mission to get more standing and wait a whole week so we can get ONE reward? Or the fact that you may not even get Wolf Creds the further you progress, because you need to reach more lvls by week.

This have nothing to do with lack of effort, but the waiting and the low rewards. Even for ppl that don't play this game everyday, I don't see how this system make it more accessible for them if they(probably) can't even complete all challenges, therebefore, not reaching to the tiers that give Wolf Creds so that they can spend all in one go in that week.

It will only become a decent grind when we reach the max tier and restart, but how long will that be?

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Oh yes, I like zero effort reward so much I've made no complaint about the Challenge requirements, just the rewards progression. Yup, practically like asking the game to play itself right there.

Edited by KnossosTNC