Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Her whole kit seems underwhelming.

Balefire is a weak, slow-firing, sonicor that costs too much to use.  It does piddly damage and doesn't have a high enough status rate to be effective against powerful enemies.

Shield pillage is useless against enemies who have no shields or armor, and is too slow to clear the only status procs she's worried about.  It should provide a period of status immunity for her, and deal minor health damage to otherwise-unaffected enemies.

Haven does abysmal damage and costs way too much to use.  The only good thing it has is granting shield gating to allies.

Aegis storm is very disappointing on most all fronts.  It costs an arm and a leg to use and sustain.  Yes, it forces enemies to drop energy orbs, but getting 25 shield back from an orb is pretty worthless when you're burning through 25e/s just sustaining it, not counting 25e/s PER ENEMY.  It feels like The energy orbs are more for your allies than yourself, since Arcane Barrier and Arcane Aegis are your only real hopes for energy management.   The mobility limitations make it a very unfun flying experience since she strafes so very slowly and since it costs 50 just to dash.  Being limited to using ONLY the balefire gun and nothing else really sucks, since the balefire gun doesn't feel very powerful at all.  It's like being restricted to only using fireball on ember.  The cc effect is fine, but it's a poor man's Bastille, and we all know how popular Vauban is right now.  Imagine if Vauban could only use a single Bastille at once, and it had to stay centered on him, and he could only walk like he hada hobbled key on, and he could only use a lato while it was active, and it constantly drained his shields.  To sum up her ultimate, you become a highly immobile, easy target, that rapidly burns through it's own defenses in order to sustain a singular, short-range, obsolete cc field, while being restricted to one of the most unfun, poorly-scaling guns to be added to the game in recent years.

Her passive is her strongest asset, to the point that people will literally gut her entire kit in order to optimize it's use.  Equip a dragon key and you won't ever cast any skills, but she CANNOT die. 

Finally, it's frustrating channeling a skill, and having it shut off because you reached "0" shields while your companion instantly recharged you to full.  I feel like there should be some leeway there, since you spend maybe a couple milliseconds at 0 shields.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

From the phorid page of the wiki.

Psychic Bolts launches a cluster of yellow homing bolts, similar to  Nyx's, that bypass shields and deal direct damage to health.

Yup.  Her passive is worthless against damage that bypasses her shields.

Il y a 3 heures, TheDefenestrater a dit :

Finally, it's frustrating channeling a skill, and having it shut off because you reached "0" shields while your companion instantly recharged you to full.  I feel like there should be some leeway there, since you spend maybe a couple milliseconds at 0 shields.

arcane aegis and maximum energy efficiency allows you to use 1, 3, 4 skills even when the shield is broken. You need to make the consumption of skills was less than the restoration of the shield.

But I agree. She needs to get the shield without any arcanes. If they set the shield recovery delay to 0 seconds, this will solve many problems.

And the use of the passive with the key of the dragon is very easy to solve. Just need to invulnerability defended only 2 hp of the shield. (Quick thinking did the same to protect HP.) But then you need to rebalance the shield, otherwise Hildryn will become completely useless.

I would only take her 3 under allied protection. At the moment, it consumes too much energy when there are many enemies nearby. The inclusion of damage can be done in 2 skill.

Edited by zhellon

It is this in all games the Gating HP is always better than shields. Although this problem is more related to the fact that there are too many abilities and the mechanic ignores the defense, whether it's a shield or armor.

Edited by zhellon

Max shields Hildryn has less shields than Inaros has health. That's hilarious, really. You just can't take Hildryn into any serious mission if it's not corpus, unless you want to die instantly to some random proc. And many map mods make her unplayable too. What a nice design, can't facepalm hard enough. I also like how DE just ignores any feedback about last warframes. Why we even bother.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

It is this in all games the Gating HP is always better than shields. Although this problem is more related to the fact that there are too many abilities and the mechanic ignores the defense, whether it's a shield or armor.

Toxin damage working as it universally does is ok, good even, issue is only when enemies get special exceptions to ignore things when what they do is usually influenced by something.

Edited by Andele3025

il y a 17 minutes, Andele3025 a dit :

Toxin damage working as it universally does is ok, good even, issue is only when enemies get special exceptions to ignore things when what they do is usually influenced by something.

Well, then there are no problems at all. Just keep your super shields at maximum and just ignore all damage by HP. This passive applies to all and works perfectly even in specific mechanics.

But don't think it's a good mechanic, since if your super shields fall at the moment of causing ignoring shield damage, you'll die. the question remains how you will replenish your shields. I know a couple of ways, but they're not as effective as HP recovery, and won't work with bulky shields.

The toxin is really not a problem, I can make a complete resist to it. But there are things I can't protect myself from, and it's not a fact that there won't be more of those things in the future.

Edited by zhellon

8 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Well, then there are no problems at all. Just keep your super shields at maximum and just ignore all damage by HP. This passive applies to all and works perfectly even in specific mechanics. 

But don't think it's a good mechanic, since if your super shields fall at the moment of causing ignoring shield damage, you'll die. the question remains how you will replenish your shields. I know a couple of ways, but they're not as effective as HP recovery, and won't work with bulky shields. 

I mean in case of most sources of toxin damage, they are blocked by not being in line of fire (only jugger spikes and one of the mutalist tar clouds ignore LOS and have full punchthrough/go through walls, something that very much should be fixed).

il y a 1 minute, Andele3025 a dit :

I mean in case of most sources of toxin damage, they are blocked by not being in line of fire (only jugger spikes and one of the mutalist tar clouds ignore LOS and have full punchthrough/go through walls, something that very much should be fixed).

I fully agree with this.

il y a 17 minutes, WarriorSoundwave a dit :

I really liked the concept for her so it is a shame to see her not looked at some more. This feedback thread seems to be just for looks.

I hope that some correction they will release at least as augment or equipment. 

26 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Oh yeah I forgot about augment mods. But her 4th still doesn't make any sense for her theme so I don't imagine that an augment mods will completely change her abilities. But yeah hopefully the augments are good.

Il y a 2 heures, WarriorSoundwave a dit :

Oh yeah I forgot about augment mods. But her 4th still doesn't make any sense for her theme so I don't imagine that an augment mods will completely change her abilities. But yeah hopefully the augments are good.

I love her 4. It, unlike Titania, can fly to infinity. The main radius should be reduced to avoid the senseless loss of energy.

15 hours ago, zhellon said:

I'd rather they not.  Mandatory band-aid mods suck.

I know this is late but I want to give some feedback that can make Hildryn better and for the sake of console player to also give feedback on her since I believe DE don`t take our feedback into consideration when they release a new warframe. So, if any console players have feedback on hildryn here is your opportunity to put them down.

Here are some improvements I would give to Hildryn;

Hildryn:

1st ability:

·       Shooting does not slow her down, make her move the same way as if she was using a secondary weapon.

·       Increase the blast radius from 3m to 5m

·       Charging it will widen the spread to shoot in a cone.

2nd ability:

·       Enemies will stagger when the wave goes out and back in to give it cc.

3rd ability:

·       Enemies should have a 50% chance to be affected by radiation causing enemies to attack each other.

4th ability:

·       The movement speed is determined on wither you use speed mods or not.

·       Dashing doesn`t cost any shields.

·       While using the 1st ability, you are able to aim and shoot.

·       Holding the 1st ability while in her 4th ability will change it to auto shooting draining 30 shields a second.

·       The cc effect can bypass obstacles and floor levels.

·       Increase ascending and descending speed.

·       Make her be able to fly over endless pits without losing altitude.

·       Visually, make her do the landing animation after she hits the ground instead of her doing it in mid-air.

·       The higher she is off the ground, the more damage she will do when deactivating the ability. Reaching the 10m cap will double the damage.

On 2019-04-08 at 3:11 AM, TheDefenestrater said:

Balefire is a weak, slow-firing, sonicor that costs too much to use.  It does piddly damage and doesn't have a high enough status rate to be effective against powerful enemies.

Shield pillage is useless against enemies who have no shields or armor, and is too slow to clear the only status procs she's worried about.  It should provide a period of status immunity for her, and deal minor health damage to otherwise-unaffected enemies.

While I agree with the rest of your points, I feel your disappointment is negatively coloring your feedback on the frame. Balefire does an absolute devastating amount of damage. Versus corpus and infested it shreds through those factions well into the mid-high 100s with 1 or 2 shots. Simulacrum enemies at 165 don't last more than a second. Versus grineer it suffers, but thankfully...

Shield Pillage is your status chance. Acting as a ~3x Corrosive Proc every use. Only 1 cast is needed for Balefire to oneshot the chaff, and 2 casts is enough to take out heavies. It also clears status effects immediately on cast, not on the return. With its quick cast animation the only thing you can't react to would be a lvl100+ Mutalist Osprey dash as all other forms of Toxin and Slash procs are minor in comparison. I won't say that I wouldn't welcome status immunity during the cast, but the ability is not nearly as bad as you make it seem.

Balefire needs a change or two.  That it has a small hit box isn't the problem, that it has a small hit box and all of these other effects going on is.

Shield Pillage is fun, and a prime part of her kit, but it feels cheap that we can't fully strip armor/shields.  I would suggest maybe some synergy with balefire?

Her flight ceiling is too low, maybe another 20 meters or so?  Also how she falls over gaps is really bad.

I'm ranking her up now, and having trouble figuring out where she fits in the grand scheme - like, what is Hildryn for? Her abilities are okay (in general, I'm fine with warframes being merely okay at stuff - they don't always have to be maximally awesome), but I'm not quite sure what my role on a team is, as Hildryn. Energy generator I suppose?

When it comes to defense, there are 2 different ranges:

- outward range, which doesnt get the job done if the enemy is too far away (Nyx Chaos, Loki Disarm)
- or inward range, which defends a defenite job (Frost Bubble, Limbo stasis or Banish)

Hildryn has a short-ranged ourward in her 4, no inward range. That is fine. Its just, what is her application? Her Tempo is a lot slower than other more dynamic frames. So a medium to slow pacing is usually attributed to a defensive frame or a support frame. She doesnt have enough impact on any outward range that would make her viable on hold-your-ground-style missions like Interceptions (she can affect one Point but beyond that it is unrelyable) and she isnt made out for Engage-content because the other frames just out-pace her.

Cool concept, I got no idea what to do with her. What IS your intent, DE? Is design and aesthetics your only selling point? You did that with Nezha, and it took quite some effort to make THAT frame see play... Are we in that same area of design yet again? If that is your wish, I dont mind. But if you wanted to give us a tool for a specific task, we were so far unable to figure out what you wanted to tell us. Her 1 is strong, her 2 and 3 have some potential, her 4 is useful. None of these abilities OR the combination of abilties is raising Spock's eyebrow. It is just.... decently useful and I guess you can play it.

So yeah: DE, we as a community tried the frame for a bit and now we rarely if ever see somebody use it in a mission, like, not to level it to 30. Just like Wukong. Except you gotta respect Wukong, because he has some spots in the game where he really excels. Hildryn? The unique selling point is the Archwing gun, and one run at the Exploiter Orb tells you all you need to know about Archwing gun playability: OMG i get stuff faster with Amazon than I get a gun from Warframe. And changing back to your regular primary weapon is like calling the customer complaints hotline of the Tschernobyl power plant. Results may differ. And it may take you some time before something actually happens.