Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I thought indivual extraction was a good idea... I was wrong

XzWasPzX

52 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Not exactly on topic, but can anyone explain: why go into survival mission if you know beforehand you will want to leave in 5-10 minutes?

If I know I am not in the mood for a long run, do not wish to recruit and want relics, I will do 2-3 Void captures in 5 minutes. Endless missions become more rewarding the longer you stay.

Similar reasons to people playing in public but ignoring virtually all threats and just bee lining it to the objective then extraction - to get $#!% done and over with as soon as possible.  It amazes me anyone complains about the grind when dangling loot just out of reach is literally the one thing convincing most players to keep coming back.

Warframe might feature multiplayer, but it absolutely does nothing to support healthy multiplayer, and in fact does everything in its power to ruin it.  I personally only run multiplayer when I can't be arsed to try hard, level a weapon, or just want maximum relic options, and I'll let someone else META for me while I pick off the one or two guys their passive AOE nukage might have missed.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Olphalarepth said:

Wait what? Now it's people who don't want to play anymore fault??

Why should your right to play for 20/30/40 or so on minutes trump theirs to only play 5? This is the same argument people are using for nightwave, you can't handle it then you don't do it. If you are aiming to stay for long periods of time it's your own fault for not planning in advance and relying on some strangers whom you never spoke with. The game actually gives you more options without compromising anything and you complain? I have been in survivals too and got people leaving after 5 minutes but I didn't consider it a problem, got to 30 minutes alone, bored and extracted. No drama involved whatsoever.

On the other hand, the person who wants to stay for 5 could have just soloed given you can pretty much afk half the time and not fail. It really makes no sense to join an endless mission for a single rotation, could have just done something else. What's even worse is when a given relic type as two different missions types, and endless and something like Sabotage and people still choose the endless and leave after 1 rotation when Sabotage would've been quicker too.

Of course, there could just be two separate match made systems per endless missions, one for all those that intend on leaving after one rotation, and one that intend on staying for more. LFG should be reserved for something specific, like rad runs, x eidos, etc. Not something as general as 1 or 4 rotations of an endless mission.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

On the other hand, the person who wants to stay for 5 could have just soloed given you can pretty much afk half the time and not fail. It really makes no sense to join an endless mission for a single rotation, could have just done something else. What's even worse is when a given relic type as two different missions types, and endless and something like Sabotage and people still choose the endless and leave after 1 rotation when Sabotage would've been quicker too.

Of course, there could just be two separate match made systems per endless missions, one for all those that intend on leaving after one rotation, and one that intend on staying for more. LFG should be reserved for something specific, like rad runs, x eidos, etc. Not something as general as 1 or 4 rotations of an endless mission.

Agreed, you only forgot one important variable, the supreme RNG we all have to bow to, real life aggro. Now, it could be that their cat just decided "we must snuggle, notice me hooman" or that they just "forgot" they could have soloed 5 minutes. Personally I have never noticed the group I was in to stay in mission for more than 10 minutes since the change dropped. Didn't mind and I'm still happy.

Edited by Olphalarepth

You mean, you don't like that you can't hold people hostage to a team vote anymore? If they wanted to leave before, they either have to convince others to do so or just quit and forfeit the rewards. If they were just planning to get a short run or something came up, they should be able to leave without being punished or at the mercy of others.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

But it doesn't tell you if it's the host, and in kuva survival which sometimes has long ways to go, there's not much chance to prevent host migration IF you're not focused 24/7 on the host >_> 

Host is position 1 of the player list.

Edited by Deadoon
Add quote

not being strung along is a benefit that outweighs the costs IMO. remember, anything can happen with PUGs, and while it's easy to say "just solo if you're only doing 5 mins", you cannot guarantee that everyone you meet will bother to actually do that. you can get leechers, and people who will get toxic of you stay too long or leave too soon regardless. the other main benefit of this is that now those of us who want to fight more spawns can do so without it interfering with others.

I can see host migrations still being a problem, but that's to be expected at this point: DE seem like they are never going to find a fix for that.

• Like 1

Just now, Talinthis said:

so how does this work exactly? say the host gets to extraction first and you are behind him, do i get a host migration because i am not quite there yet?

Extraction timer, anyone enters the area, and it starts for them. Those in the area will extract when it finishes.

2 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

Extraction timer, anyone enters the area, and it starts for them. Those in the area will extract when it finishes.

ah ok, same as before almost, except you get left behind if you arent there. thats pretty cool, now i can play survival and excavation with other people instead of solo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

People leaves at 5 min survival, incite the others to do so, and before you even notice it, you are alone... No, it wasnt a good idea, i miss the (at least) 20 mins survival, 4 rotations, all together. Cause we all lifted together... until now. I was deeply wrong, i admit it. 

they leave?   instead of just finding some hole/high spot to afk in?

People leaves at 5 min survival, incite the others to do so, and before you even notice it, you are alone... No, it wasnt a good idea, i miss the (at least) 20 mins survival, 4 rotations, all together. Cause we all lifted together... until now. I was deeply wrong, i admit it. 

It was pretty damn annoying when I had to stay in Ophelia, Uranus for an hour because Condition Overload farm.

You can't just force people to stay with you because you want to

Edited by EyeSlip

"I miss holding people hostage in a survival mission because I have too much time to spare and my need to stay longer is definitely more important than their need to extract."

It may have taken DE years to implement this, but I'm glad they finally did. Now people like you can suck it up when team mates actually need to leave.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, EyeSlip said:

It was pretty damn annoying when I had to stay in Ophelia, Uranus for an hour because Condition Overload farm.

You can't just force people to stay with you because you want to

No, and you couldn't before really. If at least 50% of the party wanted to peace out, they'd start a timer to leave. The only thing it did was encourage people to stay longer because the rest of the squad was willing to. If people really have to go they could quit out of a game. Obviously there are things more important than warframe so that option wasn't even bad. 

6 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

No, and you couldn't before really. If at least 50% of the party wanted to peace out, they'd start a timer to leave. The only thing it did was encourage people to stay longer because the rest of the squad was willing to. If people really have to go they could quit out of a game. Obviously there are things more important than warframe so that option wasn't even bad. 

Yes, AT LEAST 50%. Imagine joining public but it's a premade of 3, for some reason.

Also I want to leave but I don't want to lose my rewards and progress either, no thank you.

Edited by EyeSlip

6 minutes ago, EyeSlip said:

Yes, AT LEAST 50%. Imagine joining public but it's a premade of 3, for some reason.

Also I want to leave but I don't want to lose my rewards and progress either, no thank you.

Either way, you have someone upset with how things are done. Im just trying to say this change wasn't beneficial or all. This is why you have OPs point. Same solutions are the exact argument against both points; party up or play solo. OP is also adamant on his position of 'I have to party up every time, no thank you.' 

1 minute ago, Souldend78 said:

Now the game has some real challenge: Convince 3 total strangers to stay for 20 mins or lose rewards.

Public Matchmaking difficulty +9000

Man does DE delivers every time. ❤️

Asking in chat and telling them about your hopeful rotation C rewards would probably help convince them to stay at least 20 minutes...

4 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Either way, you have someone upset with how things are done. Im just trying to say this change wasn't beneficial or all. This is why you have OPs point. Same solutions are the exact argument against both points; party up or play solo. OP is also adamant on his position of 'I have to party up every time, no thank you.' 

How is it not better than the the old system?

Like you said, before if you are the only person wanting to leave, you can't. And the only options you have are grinding your teeth and wait, or you can accept losing your progress and quit the game. If there are 2 people wanting to leave, then everyone has to leave. The other 2 who want to stay probably need to farm something, and they couldn't do that.

Now, those who want to leave can leave, those who want to stay can stay. OP is just crying because nobody play with him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Asking in chat and telling them about your hopeful rotation C rewards would probably help convince them to stay at least 20 minutes...

Yup, not 75%, but works. Been a public player for most of my 4 years. Some players just need to clear node, or simply get 30k affinity and leave, there is not helping that.

Edited by Souldend78

1 minute ago, Souldend78 said:

Yup, not 75%, but works. Been a public player for most of my 4 years. Some players just need to clear node, or simply get 30k affinity and leave, there is not helping that.

A lot of players may not know how rotation rewards work and telling them about some cool mod or relic with awesome prime parts can be very convincing.

• Like 1

to be honest it wasn't a bright idea to include just individual extraction without including a mechanic that allows you to add new people into the endless mission modes. and a way to enter endless mission modes that have gone passed 5 mins of surv, 5 waves of def, or 1 wave interception.

Edited by maddragonmaster

This thread is an absolute joke.

OP is basically stating that due to some unwritten rule that everyone who enters an endless mission is obligated to stay for as long as he/she wishes, random teammates be damned.  And to add the cherry on top, when suggestions are made to use recruit chat, OP flat out refuses, clearly ignoring the options that the game itself provides while bashing others for using the tool that they are provided.

Good job OP

• Like 4