Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0

[DE]Megan

13 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Please, please add toggle option for using old melee system (Manualy, instead of this new automatic function for peaple who still like old method of fight)!

Reason is that people cannot adapt to this new melee system to play the game and your guys, your DEVS trying to force them to play like your want, and u like!?

For God sake, DEVS give us Option to choose how we wanna play. 😭

While I do enjoy having the "flow of battle" update, and it's seamless application to switch between weapons is quite an interesting thing, I am indifferent from it as It's led me to have to re-learn my comfortable playstyle. I do have to give my regards as far as updates are concerned and how nice they are along with fixes. It's good to see a game with prompt things. Here's some things...

Using any Melee stance combo involving a RMB (Right mouse button) Causes me to pull out my primary when I stop attacking. I use LMB to attack with my melee while it's drawn. So I then start shooting things point blank when I want to melee instead. I have to get accustomed to either not using a combo, not bringing a primary or secondary, or use the actual melee button instead of LMB. Aim gliding with melee out, draws primary, which then must use melee button to slam down instead of the old "Locked into melee" LMB.

I am displeased with Channeling having to be toggled. Used to press and hold for a charge attack, and released when the attack hit. Simple. But it being on a toggle, it's response isn't the best (albeit connection, client, or hardware) it doesn't want to turn off when I try to turn it off sometimes. I think it's off, and I've been chewing through energy like a bag of candy coated tootsie's.

Not bringing any primary or secondary and running melee only is the only way to use stances incorporating a RMB combo, but this brings bugs:

Was running orokin derelict and scanning Kavats. Melee'd with the melee button, and bugged my RMB to scope with the Codex and could NOT put the codex away, resulting in Zooming in with Codex when I wanted to block, as well as seize up and not scan when using LMB to attack. Forcing you to scan directly from LMB, and not be able to Right click, then hold Left click to scan.

Bringing only Melee and Using LMB to attack, made using the sunpoint plasma drill in Orb Vallis not mine with a simple click while scoped in on a deposit. You'd have to shoot the laser, then scope in to the deposit if you want to mine. Unconfirmed if the setting to LMB melee attack is the cause.

Also bringing melee only, means I can block manually, but manual block wasn't dropping when I released the RMB, leading me to have to attack if I wanted to stop Aim-gliding.

I've eagerly awaited some changes before posting my viewpoint. Curious if there may be a fix for current bugs and if I'm in the minority on it. A "Legacy Combat" mode would be a nice addition. Toggleable in the options. If you think about it, why have holster speed mods now? there's literally no holstering time to switch weps. And Yes, I am aware that using a Macro to slide attack with a Venka all over the place is more efficient. But that's more boring than Guild wars 2's combat system.

I am pretty sure huge part of playerbase will be happy when you nerf stuff like Saryn, Volt, Equinox who walk around and prevent their team mates from having any fun, with popularity of such rising up spamming 4 is what this game is brought to. You wanted to use your weapons? Well though luck, Saryn wants to spam 4 so you will never see any enemies.

It is no wonder it is popular as it takes no effort to do so, for some aiming is an effort so Sayn is there, Volt, spam energy restore and spam 4..... I feel bad for what will happen when Equinox Prime gets out, I hope you have a rework for her as her Maim is WELL beyond her other abilities. Other abilities are great, they work great for the most part and could use minor tweaks but no one cares as walking and spamming 4 is easiest thing to do on any level. Hydron will be bad for few months....

So yeah, I am the one who will be happy when you nerf, power level is trough the roof and I see health of the game being at steak and not Saryn. Mesa does kinda need a nerf-ish for her 4 but that is hard to do - it is an aimbot with fast fire rate. She could just loose some of base DPS by reducing damage per shot but that is meh.... Maybe make her 2 buff her 4 but take away a lot of base damage per shot out of her 4 (tiny little bit more than 2 can buff it)? It is a slight DPS nerf and people will have to manage energy better so those all strength builds that are OP will go away.

I really enjoy the new melee system. I was never a fan of the channeling mechanic to begin with and am excited to see what you plan to replace it with. I think auto-blocking is fine, although you will need to get things like Guardian Derision sorted. I've had no issues with aim gilding or performing right mouse button combos. This comment is more or less just to add to the conversation since the vast majority of feedback on any topic IRL or otherwise is usually issues people have with said topic.

Getting an accurate census of player opinion is difficult because the "All is well" crowd tend to speak up far less often than people with issues, and I'd like to remind you of that fact.

you work and farm in this game to get your ttk to as fast as possible. if enemies die too quickly, make more challenging content. why are arbitrations lvl 60? make them level 200 so that actually good builds are required and you have something to work for. or keep them at 60 and make different hard content.

if you remove the synergy between arcanse and warframe abilities, not only are you taking away motivation to get those arcanes but you also limit the viable options. i think the balancing is fine, there are useless frames but there are also alot of powerful frames. but if you have to change something, make it the weak frames.

give us high lvl content so we have to use those arcane velocities on mesa. or graces on inaros. or adaption. rn we dont need to perfect a build because we can easily one shot sortie enemies and breeze  trough the sortie in 30 min max. give us more powerful options and game modes were you need to be powerful, to grind those arcanes and were you actually have to be good at the game. and dont make it challenging by making it annoying

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Pressing F when in Melee mode now switches you back to your "other" weapon. For example, if your Primary weapon is equipped when you trigger a Melee attack, you will return to your Primary weapon when you aim or fire. If you instead press F while in Melee mode, you will now equip your Secondary weapon.

And now synthesis scanner bugged. Once equiped u cant even attack melee cause its no more equiped. Bravo!

Host migration problems in the Eidolon Plains
This problem started from the last update, the Buried Debts: Update 24.5.0, when you are invited or you are a host, and you are going to hunt whatever the previous case, the moment will come when the connection with the host will be lost.
In case you are the host, one to three players will see the host migration (it is random)
In the case of being the guest player, host migration appears and there is a minimum chance to be reinstated in the game.
I checked my connection in the 7 cases, and I have not had problems with my internet, nor have other colleagues had it, but already to different group this error has happened.
We all have directx 11 activated, we usually hunt without problems with our host or as a guest and something like this has never happened.
Only this problem occurs in the eidolon plains. I went with a friend of the clan to fish and to me I appeared host migration without any reason and my ping was 90ms. When I stayed there was no problem but after 20 minutes in the plains I realized that I was alone in the mission and the message of host migration had appeared.

It is a little uncomfortable that the melee 3.0, works in the operators. That is, with melee being in the air we can direct an attack to a place on the floor. In operators the same thing works when you press "e" for void blast, which makes it uncomfortable for the operator to travel forward. This effect increased in the update

17 hours ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

What DE writes:

While players have restored functionality now (i.e Mesa + Arcane Velocity), it won't be a true solution if you don't know the dev teams intention. We unintentionally broke some arcane interactions and let it ride when we shouldn't have. We're fixing that today!

What i read:

We let you have fun until today by actually making sensible use of the arcanes we provide. We think you shouldn't use anything else but Arcane Guardian/Energize on your Warframes as all other Arcanes make absolutely no sense of equipping now. Thanks for grinding them up until this point. Any future arcanes will also lack use accross Warframes. Thanks for playing.

I'm confused. Didn't they state this was a bug, and not an intentional change? What says they're going to go through with this?

3 hours ago, Fuski528 said:

Was running orokin derelict and scanning Kavats. Melee'd with the melee button, and bugged my RMB to scope with the Codex and could NOT put the codex away, resulting in Zooming in with Codex when I wanted to block, as well as seize up and not scan when using LMB to attack. Forcing you to scan directly from LMB, and not be able to Right click, then hold Left click to scan.

Bringing only Melee and Using LMB to attack, made using the sunpoint plasma drill in Orb Vallis not mine with a simple click while scoped in on a deposit. You'd have to shoot the laser, then scope in to the deposit if you want to mine. Unconfirmed if the setting to LMB melee attack is the cause.

Also bringing melee only, means I can block manually, but manual block wasn't dropping when I released the RMB, leading me to have to attack if I wanted to stop Aim-gliding.

I've eagerly awaited some changes before posting my viewpoint. Curious if there may be a fix for current bugs and if I'm in the minority on it. A "Legacy Combat" mode would be a nice addition. Toggleable in the options. If you think about it, why have holster speed mods now? there's literally no holstering time to switch weps. And Yes, I am aware that using a Macro to slide attack with a Venka all over the place is more efficient. But that's more boring than Guild wars 2's combat system.

Tell me are u happy with this new melee system???

I'm not, and here is why: If I use my melee to fight and I start to making combo counters, then use channeling, and after that for a moment release my LMB, the game switch my weapon and I use my Primary, then the new melee system completely RESET my melee COMBO COUNTER!!!

Then my dear buddy I need from beggining to start making combos for my melee, that wasnt happened before, I was been able to release my LMB and stop to use Channeling for awhile, rest my fingers for a bit and continue to play without reseting my melee combos.

Now with this new melee system DEVS are screw up that, and that's the reason why I want OLD MELEE method to be available for ppl who still want to play like before.

They can add that OPTION for us but all is on THEM!

If u remember how they are try to force us to use they feature ARCHWING FLIGHT system and they are revert that after while and add OPTION for ppl to choose how they wanna play with Archwings, they can do same thing for us with new Melee system, to add OPTION for choosing how we wanna play with melee, on old style or on new style!!!

Have a great day!

@[DE]Megan

"Removed additional sound for Hildryn's Haven ability based on feedback."

I was hoping this removed the annoying buzzing sound that is constant if you have a sentinel by your side. I guess it meant the sound it made when connecting to enemies then? That sound was way less bothersome for me than the constant, never ending, buzzing 😞

I really hope you will turn down or remove that one.

10 hours ago, Talekith said:

I totally totally agree with you.

Atleast bosses like Sergeant and Vay Hek are well made with interesting, creative boss fight interactions without you being able to one shot them or just shoot and wait then shoot again.

Reveal hidden contents

Like... really mate? Worst?

Oh yes cause boss fights where you cant kill them with concentrated firepower and instead have to wait out their long immunity periods that you can't do anything about but wait while listening to same babbling every single time you do the fight is totally a sign of a good boss fight. No i never said that , furthermore:

Exploiter Orb is basically a Lech Krill / Vay Hek fight but on a way larger scale.

Yes it is the worst fight.

It takes all the things wrong with bosses with timed immunity phases and amplifies it.

I mean at least it doesn't take 40 minutes to destroy Vay Hek solo even with fully min maxed gear.

It has been a week since the mainline update so I feel that I can comment now.  I appreciate all the hard work from the dev team on the new content and mechanics.  DE continues to put in significant effort to improve and maintain this amazing game that I love playing so much.  However, my play experience has been negatively impacted as a result of the changes to the Melee system.  I'm disappointed that the controller issues for Steam players has not been resolved yet.  The day before the update I received a platinum discount upon login and bought platinum which I used to purchase all four 30 day boosters in anticipation of the new Warframe, weapons and community events.  I bought Hildryn with plat and paid to rush the Tatsu.  I was so excited to do the new event.  Then I actually loaded into a mission and discovered I couldn't melee attack at all with my controller.  I spent at least an hour reading all the comments on the patch notes hoping someone would have a workaround or solution.  Then I spent a bunch of time resetting controls to default and resetting Steam Controller profiles and any other thing I could think of to no avail.  *sigh*  So I just played without melee.  It was weird.  I didn't like having to shoot boxes all the time to open them.  I really missed being able to quick attack boxes to open them.  I really missed being able to deploy my Zenistar disc.  I was looking forward to being able to throw out the disc and then instantly resume firing my Primary or Secondary weapon.  Playing without melee just wasn't as satisfying.  So I got about halfway through the Thermia Fracture event and stopped playing.

Does this mean I'm giving up on Warframe?  Of course not.  Will I play as much as I was planning to?  No, I probably won't play that much until the controller issues are resolved.  This comment is not intended to criticize merely to report my subjective experience.  I'm sure there are many players out there who are absolutely loving the new Warframe experience.  I'm just disappointed I am not among their numbers.  That's all.

The Exploiter Orb is the most tedious boss fight you've guys made so far, letting bugs aside like you being invincible and companions disappearing, having to fight the orb not once but twice with both fights requiring multiple steps in both instances is just not fun, on top of that the fact that a single coolant raknoid can cool the orb in less than 5 seconds and that using thermia barely advances overheating makes the fight frustrating, that on top of the raknoids being able to cool the orb by shooting at it's legs and considering how big it is and that raknoids are immune to warframe abilities makes the fight worse than the multiple knockdowns the profit taker had back when it was released and the cherry on top having to load 2 instances during the mission gives too much space for disconnections... 

Bugs:

Hildryn:
Raksa Kubrows casting protect while Hildryn rolls during aegis storm creates a lockout. (Powers, weapons, exalted weapons, melee, rolling)
Unstuck does not work.
Areas test: Simulacrum, Venus-Fossa, Eris-Akkad
Solution. Fall down a hole

Update 24.2
Simulor cannot equip Firestorm mod
Can equip Terminal Velocity mod.

Loadouts for reference

iRSHRyy.jpg

3nROuzW.jpg

Bugs:

• Melee Combos page is now blank if you set Mouse Wheel to Melee Attack
  • Sometimes with Exalted Blade active you can not fire your primary, fire your secondary, or switch between either
  • Sometimes with your melee weapon equipped you can not fire your primary, fire your secondary, or switch between either
  • Deactivating Exalted Blade after extended use will periodically have you unable to attack with your melee, primary, secondary, aim with your primary or secondary, see the equipped melee weapon in your hand, reactivate Exalted Blade ("Ability in use"), and (rarely) unable to roll. Spamming the switch weapon, fire weapon, or aim button will sometimes work, so does falling off a cliff.
  • Exalted Blade still can't block attacks while attacking and performing other actions
  • Reflex Guard still doesn't add "+100% Parry Angle" as the mod suggests

I mean yeah Saryn is pretty good atm at defense/onslaught, and the fact it scales is what makes it so good.  The other 2 I practically never see (Equinox and Volt), I do see Garas fairly often and Mesa (though I think Mesa is in a fairly okay place at the moment).  Especially with mobs coming out who are immune to warframe abilities.  This is a much more fundamental problem, one that DE has been debating on how to fix for a long time, the new player experience.  Right now these are problems for you but for higher level missions this is not as obvious.  If they balance warframes based off new players things like Embers current state happens, which is funny cuz she still rolls through starchart content killing enemies through walls but got ruined for late game as her CC got nerfed pretty hard with half radius and double energy cost.  One easy fix I would think would be to add matchmaking according to MR, as this would limit the 4 spammers that would appear in low MR lobbies.  In the end though that's just my opinion,

Or add preference matchmaking.  Tbh either works

1.) Please alter the Eploiter-Orbs path. it is hard to keep track of the Coolant Raknoids if the Expoiter Orb first hugs the wall (phase 2/2) and then decides to settle itself in that hole to the left (phase 2/3) which makes killing the Coolant Raknoids even harder due to it sitting in that pit.

2.) the hitbox of the Exploiter Obs legs is WAY too big. making it impossible to stay under it to kill the raknoids once the Exploiter-Orb settels in its hole.

the hole i am talking about is to the right of my crossair, the wall to the left.

please change the path of the Exploiter Orb because this is only annoying and draws out an already lengthy fight even further. especially as solo encounter.

Spoiler

1F3DEC93AF35E935E0417ACE7B558D79C0750F6F

3.) apart from all that, the fractures sometimes stop spawning for a few minutes

4.) fractures often spawn 300-400m away from the Orb

5.) Thermia sometimes despawns after using on a fracture leaving the player empty handed

the Boss fight itself is great. i really like the mechanics and the "hands-on" approach. only the fact that a single fight takes upwards of 20 minutes to complete and the myriade of bugs that litter all over the place make it annoying.

So, it seems like dual wielding with a thrown melee and single secondary is just getting progressively more and more buggy here with each update.

Since intro of new melee system, I intermittently can't throw my glaive at all. It winds up, the anim starts to play and the cursor shows charge up, then it resets instead of throwing. In the middle of combat, this is brutal. Firing secondary usually fixes it, but sometimes that won't fire either!

New with the last patch: sometimes my melee weapon simply won't equip at all. I switch from primary to secondary, no matter which weapon my melee attack does nothing. When it happens I can usually get my melee back, somehow, but how excactly, I'm not sure. The last time it happened, a ground slam fixed.

These are rough bugs because, suddenly being unable to attack in a game where enemies can kill you in seconds, and there are lots of them, well it is a real problem...

8 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Fun thing? This is the OPPOSITE of a fix for me! It made it worse! 😄

I used F to change back to my gun without having to shove my view forward with an Aim, and now I can't! Huzzah!

I mean, the only point of using a gun is aiming and shooting, no? If you're not doing either of those things, I don't believe there's any practical reason to swap back to gun mode to begin with (aside from secondary fire, but hopefully that can be addressed in a future update). Fixing inconsistent functionality for players who use both guns is far more important.

2 hours ago, RMSGM said:

Can the Exploiter fight be set like a bounty? i am tired of spamming chat for groups or trying and go directly and seeing ppl do other stuff, it just makes no sense for a boss fight.

If you can access it as bounty from outside it'll still be the same they'll join then do their own thing anyway. 😁

I bypass Fortuna like the plague anyway because of the elevator ride, I only use it if I have to, I'd rather skip it if I can, every hotfix Fortuna gets laggy if I have to access the Orb Vallis via the Fotuna elevator my FPS drops to around 8 FPs and it stutters like crazy until I can move away from the elevator. 😞

I see healing our sentinals is hit and miss depending on if your the host or client, really frustrating to have to drop HP pods to heal it when we have vazarin school and are unable to void dash through the poor little thing. 🙂

Archived