Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE incoming issue possible

(PSN)x-SaadWejd-x

So we are about month and half if not more from season 1 nightwave to finish b4 we start season 2 and im almost rank 20 this season,

when i looked when next rank im able to get WOLF CRED is rank 24 which maybe reached next week,

ok here is the problem,,,, it will be over a month [at least] to be able to get WOLF CRED.

im not complain myself im mastery 27 and have everything nitain/potato/aura's/helm's

but was playing with noobie clan mate which is at same rank this season and after he recognize this issue he start feel the incoming pain to how sustain WOLF CRED with all the stuff he need to buy from GREEDY NORA,

DE need to address this and i know they will, they always do.

7 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

After Level 30 you will get Wolf Credits every level.

Shouldn't that warrant a better exp system then with more open-ended targets to work for and repeated missions?

I'm just saying because after three weeks of doing this I'm only rank 11 and contemplating if I can get to juicy rank 30.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Does he really NEED to buy everything he bought?
I saw another thread saying that they had to buy every aura that was offered. (As we know, you need maybe 5 out of all the auras available)

he blame vauban prime for eating 20 nitain and he was exited to build and potato many frame and weapon since he got double resource this week

2 minutes ago, AshenHaze said:

Shouldn't that warrant a better exp system then with more open-ended targets to work for and repeated missions?

I'm just saying because after three weeks of doing this I'm only rank 11 and contemplating if I can get to juicy rank 30.

You only have to complete 60% of the challenges to get to rank 30, meaning you can completely skip up to 4 weeks of challenges. So you should be fine, you might need to step up your pace just a bit but you should get 30 no problem still.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)x-SaadWejd-x said:

he blame vauban prime for eating 20 nitain and he was exited to build and potato many frame and weapon since he got double resource this week

So it's only partially a problem of the system. It's also about the decisions that low level player made...

If I understand correctly, season 2 will also offer the same rewards to buy with whatever new type of currency will be issued so it's not like the items in the shop will never be available again.  The only new rewards will be for ranking up, just as they are in this first season.  My point being that your friend doesn't have to grind over rank 30 to get as many wolf creds as possible to buy more stuff, s/he could wait until next season and grind through those ranks and get the new currency and still buy the same stuff.

Will the wolf cred we built now move over into season 2?

So this next nightwave reset is the last before season 2?

I'm confused in my opinion wolf creds should last as long as wolf is in season right? You'll only have 310 by the time you hit 30

so I'm wondering whenI had to make sure to use my wolf creds before there dissolved in nothing but wasted effort 

Edited by (XB1)Droidyurlookn4
Spacing

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Droidyurlookn4 said:

Will the wolf cred we built now move over into season 2?

So this next nightwave reset is the last before season 2?

I'm confused in my opinion wolf creds should last as long as wolf is in season right? You'll only have 310 by the time you hit 30

so I'm wondering whenI had to make sure to use my wolf creds before there dissolved in nothing but wasted effort 

Nope, Wolf creds will be dissolved/converted into normal in game credits at the end of the season. Probably a mistake but it's their first time running a drop system like this so they're probably a bit paranoid about people accumulating massive amounts of Whatevercreds and never buying plat again. Which is probably not totally irrational in a game that has a tenancy to see players accumulate more resources than they can possibly spend over time. 

I'd think they would put up a warning in game, something to the effect of "The season is ending this week, spend yo creds" or not who knows. I'm sure they will at least announce it on that weeks episode of Primetime. 

Cant progress due to 12h shifts 5 days a week and unable to do tge proffit taker as far as I understand due to not reaching max standing with Solaris/Orb Valis whatever.

Personally I dont like the time gate limited wall grind suited to some and not all. 

Seperate alert rewards, open up the timeframe for the reward table.

Cant imagine many would have bothered with syndicate if the rewards had time limits.

51 minutes ago, SastusBulbas said:

Cant progress due to 12h shifts 5 days a week and unable to do tge proffit taker as far as I understand due to not reaching max standing with Solaris/Orb Valis whatever.

Personally I dont like the time gate limited wall grind suited to some and not all. 

Cant imagine many would have bothered with syndicate if the rewards had time limits.

To the victor goes the spoils. Not everything is for everyone. Welcome to the real world.

10 hours ago, (PS4)x-SaadWejd-x said:

So we are about month and half if not more from season 1 nightwave to finish b4 we start season 2 and im almost rank 20 this season,

when i looked when next rank im able to get WOLF CRED is rank 24 which maybe reached next week,

ok here is the problem,,,, it will be over a month [at least] to be able to get WOLF CRED.

im not complain myself im mastery 27 and have everything nitain/potato/aura's/helm's

but was playing with noobie clan mate which is at same rank this season and after he recognize this issue he start feel the incoming pain to how sustain WOLF CRED with all the stuff he need to buy from GREEDY NORA,

DE need to address this and i know they will, they always do.

Nightwave isn't strictly for newbies...they should be concentrating on the star chart anyway.

Also, WoSS will end when it ends. There will be other events after this one.

No "fix" needed.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

A simple solution to that inconvenient is to remove at all credits from the ranks and just let the player choice everytime if they prefer to rank up or take credits but not ranking up. This gives any player who desire the choice to have credits in the moment they need it BUT they must be aware that they risk to not reach the max level if they go always to choice credits. 

23 hours ago, Kylo. said:

After Level 30 you will get Wolf Credits every level.

Yeah, but to get beyond level 30 you need to be a veteran player, which means you won't need to get beyond level 30 in the first place because you already own almost everything there is to buy for creds.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

I'm probably on track to hit 30, which is all I really want since I have all the other alert stuff. well, that and Wolfie's hammer of course.

also, totally forgot MR27 was a thing now.. still gated behind Vox Standing, haemorrh- sorry- , TOroids, and never getting any Atmo or Repeller Systems but we'll get there eventually.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm probably on track to hit 30, which is all I really want since I have all the other alert stuff. well, that and Wolfie's hammer of course.

also, totally forgot MR27 was a thing now.. still gated behind Vox Standing, haemorrh- sorry- , TOroids, and never getting any Atmo or Repeller Systems but we'll get there eventually.

Cant you biy them directly if your luck is that bad? Not bashing, just pointing out that's an option.

12 hours ago, Elessara1 said:

If I understand correctly, season 2 will also offer the same rewards to buy with whatever new type of currency will be issued so it's not like the items in the shop will never be available again.  The only new rewards will be for ranking up, just as they are in this first season.  My point being that your friend doesn't have to grind over rank 30 to get as many wolf creds as possible to buy more stuff, s/he could wait until next season and grind through those ranks and get the new currency and still buy the same stuff.

Well this is partially true DE said not everything will be in every ~10 week nightwave cycle, there are some stuff that will be there always like nintain, vuaban, catalyst, reactors but some skins, helmets, auras, weapon bps might skip a nightwave and come back in the next one 

5 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Nightwave isn't strictly for newbies...they should be concentrating on the star chart anyway.

Also, WoSS will end when it ends. There will be other events after this one.

No "fix" needed.

Actually you just got partially to the root of the problem, which is that people seem to think this system should be for them and only them and therefore it need to be balanced for them. The problem is depending on whose talking they have different needs. Newbies want easier challenges that reward more points and wolf credits, Casual players want way to not miss challenges if they cant play everyday, Hard Core want more diffcult exlusive challenges, Veterans want to not be forced to do stuff they have done hundreds of thousands of times already, and Solo players want to be able to do everything on their own. Before Nightwave this game was your game, your way; that means you could go at your own pace and choose when to tackle content instead now everybody is a slave to nightwave like an evil game of simon says.

So unfortunately yes a "fix" is needed because at the end of the day nightwave is not new content it is a "Remastered Alert System" an alert system 2.0. Alert System 1.0 had some big flaws but one thing it did was reward everybody, in the sense that you did the mission you got the reward no matter who you were. Alerts 1.0 though had time lmited issues and the fact that it didn't offer much interesting alert rewards to advance players. The problem is that while nightwave does some stuff better than alerts 1.0 it still has massive inherit flaws, like the fact it takes way longer to get rewards and the fact that vesterans have an easier time getting wolf credits when most dont even want or need them thanks to the previous alert system. Newbies on the other hand need wolf credits but struggled for weeks to get just their first batch to then decide on like 2 items they can get before being out and worrying they might not be able to get even another 50, and yes its easy for an experience player to say hey most of that stuff is junk anyways so they dont need it but you know what newbies dont know that. I cant tell you how many times as a newbie I just did any alert that had something i didnt have, that way i could test it and see if it was something that would be useful. So yeah over time i realized some stuff was worth it but some wasnt but at 5-10 mintues an alert it wasnt a big deal but now imagine all these nightwave newbie spending up to 3 weeks of hard work to get wolf credits only for them to buy something and find out it basically worthless. This is one of the giant inherit flaws in this system the work to reward scale is just off, I mean yes the teir rewards are nice but that doesn't excuse how poorly thought out the cred shop, not to mention nightwave was suppsoe to fix time gating alert rewards except if a newbie sees the item they wanted before they did the alert and bam item was theirs, now if they see a cool item week 1 but gets wolf credits week 3 then the item they want might not be around for who knows how long since items rotate weekly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

i maxed my rep each day with solaris united by floof hunting and bought the  bonds from ticker  took maby 20 mins or less to get my daily rep  also if u want  can add me in game and ill max u in about 5 mins with purrfect kubrodon captures each evening  just an offer