Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Forma too expensive by half.

Kryogeneva

I think it is 2 forma and 5 nitain too much. This is a QoL that has been wanted since the game began (just like prime noggles were requested since almost the same time noggles became a thing), and this seems more like a "forma bundle" spend-grab/nitain expense anxiety choice. Why can't I finally spend some of this Salvage? Or my millions of credits?

aswbxl9.jpg

Too. Expensive. Please use other resources! (No sibear or hema "no one has these resources in stock" usage though D:)

• Like 6

Just now, Chappie1975 said:

I think the price is perfect.   There are 4 typical forma values so 4 formas equals the result.   It is an "end game" item with an end game price...which is fine.

Keep in mind that to do just 1 copy of every frame (so base frames OR their primed version, but not both), it's something like 160 forma and 400 nitain. That is an absolutely insane grind.

Prime Noggles are QoL? You're mixing game mechanics and cosmetics.

7 minutes ago, Kryogeneva said:

Why can't I finally spend some of this Salvage? Or my millions of credits?

By this point in Warframe, Credits have a minor use and Salvage is entirely useless due to everyone having mountains of it. Aim for the people with the most and Hema 2.0 blows up. Aim for the least and vets are instantly able to get it with no possible need for a booster to help farm for it.

2 minutes ago, Kryogeneva said:

Keep in mind that to do just 1 copy of every frame (so base frames OR their primed version, but not both), it's something like 160 forma and 400 nitain. That is an absolutely insane grind.

What about all the future frames? What about when the game shuts down?

It's a luxury item for the extreme EXTREME min-maxers who want to fit multiple builds at maximum efficiency on a frame without juggling two+ of the same frame to accomplish it.

It doesn't even raise the power ceiling, and it doesn't allow anything that wasn't already possible.

There's no issue with its cost.

2 minutes ago, Kryogeneva said:

Then don't do that if you think it's not worth it.  Use it on your favorite frame or two, ones that would benefit from using more than one polarity of Aura.

Edited by Vox_Preliator
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-25 at 1:52 AM, Kryogeneva said:

Why would you do that...because you have zero self control?  What did we do BEFORE this forma...not make it 40 seconds through a mission?  Not go for 8 hours into a survival (oh wait..we have).   There are a handful of frames that will benefit from this greatly and maybe another handful that "can" benefit from it.    But if your goal is to put this on every frame...I view it no different than the person who puts 100 forma into a weapon/frame; because they can...not because they have to.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-25 at 1:56 AM, Chappie1975 said:

Why would you do that...because you have zero self control?  What did we do BEFORE this forma...not make it 40 seconds through a mission?  Not go for 8 hours into a survival (oh wait..we have).   There are a handful of frames that will benefit from this greatly and maybe another handful that "can" benefit from it.    But if your goal is to put this on every frame...I view it no different than the person who puts 100 forma into a weapon/frame; because they can...not because they have to.

Don't attack me. I didn't attack you. 

And no, but it is the natural want to say "oh, today I want to experiment with THIS build", and then say "but I can't because my mod capacity won't allow for it". Having the aura mod polarity be for all aura's has been a QOL request since forever. It is literally ONLY QoL. Why a QoL needs to impact our actual efficacy (such as using our daily forma for those 4 new kitguns that just dropped and the frame that came with them), and so heavily, is not adequately justified. 

I merely proposed lowering the cost. Not getting rid of the cost. Please learn to appreciate the value of items such as forma and nitain. They shouldn't be the subject of some QoL consumption sink hole that only extreme veterans have stockpiles of.

More items for new players to go "oh holy crap I am never ganna be able to afford that".

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kryogeneva said:

Don't attack me. I didn't attack you. 

And no, but it is the natural want to say "oh, today I want to experiment with THIS build", and then say "but I can't because my mod capacity won't allow for it". Having the aura mod polarity be for all aura's has been a QOL request since forever. It is literally ONLY QoL. Why a QoL needs to impact our actual efficacy (such as using our daily forma for those 4 new kitguns that just dropped and the frame that came with them), and so heavily, is not adequately justified. 

I merely proposed lowering the cost. Not getting rid of the cost. Please learn to appreciate the value of items such as forma and nitain. They shouldn't be the subject of some QoL consumption sink hole that only extreme veterans have stockpiles of.

More items for new players to go "oh holy crap I am never ganna be able to afford that".

Heh...when you say something hyperbolic and irrational....yah know.

Calling this only QOL is not honest or genuine.  The fact that you have more choice and can keep more choice by not having another frame/slot to give you that choice is not longer "QOL"...it is DE made less money.    If you look at the whole picture this aura forma is actually a time savings to newer dedicated players because they won't have to farm 2 frames and buy an extra slot (20 plat) to have multiple builds.    Considering real forma cost and how easily you can farm them...4 forma seems fair. 

20 minutes ago, Kryogeneva said:

Hah, you don't need to worry about that.  You're never going to get anywhere near that many aura formae to drop in the first place. 😛

I can understand your position, for something like Arbitrations, it is lackluser for that cost, similar to Exilus Adapter blueprints in generally not being worth the crafting cost. There are a few situations where you might want to have an 'omni aura' polarity enough to go through the effort, but I would advise just waiting for one of those twitch things or other give-aways from DE for completed ones in the future to avoid such waste. Essentially nice option to have, too expensive for the investment to view them as a real reward for your time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kryogeneva said:

I don’t think this is something your suppose to use on all frames. Just the ones you can go long runs in endgames. Same with the Umbral polarity. I think with these endgame formas, if you use them all on 1 frame. You can really make a unique build with half of the build cost. Given if DE comes up with more unique formas. 

The point of it is to be an expensive super item that overcomes the regular limitations of forma, enabling you to get the extra mod capacity regardless of what aura you pick. Potentially very powerful as you could run steel charge on, say, an umbral setup but corrosive projection or energy siphon on another.

I think the price is justified.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You could literally over forma a frame with 4 forma and just brute force any aura mod onto them with all the additional mod capacity.

We had the same thought - and the best part is, you wouldn’t need to do any Arbitrations!

• Like 2

Il y a 9 heures, Chappie1975 a dit :

I think the price is perfect.   There are 4 typical forma values so 4 formas equals the result.   It is an "end game" item with an end game price...which is fine.

The cost would have been fine if it was for mod slot since it would provide more build diversité

Let be honest . There are 2 useful polarities on aura and they are V ans Dash .. 

If They change it for all slots .. I would be happy with the cost.. for now . I see no use in it 

• Like 1

They should have made Aura Forma apply the effect to a single slot once per gear item. That way, you create a flexible mod slot, but you are restricted to once per item. It would be much more interesting to slot that effect on a weapon to hybrid 2 builds, or apply it to a Warframe to test different setups. How it is now, it's pretty useless considering any useful Aura uses the Naramon polarity, and the ones that aren't you can live without.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

They should have made Aura Forma apply the effect to a single slot once per gear item. That way, you create a flexible mod slot, but you are restricted to once per item. It would be much more interesting to slot that effect on a weapon to hybrid 2 builds, or apply it to a Warframe to test different setups. How it is now, it's pretty useless considering any useful Aura uses the Naramon polarity, and the ones that aren't you can live without.

Hard nerf to naramon auras incoming.