Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven trading significantly low since death of Semlar

Psykhe27

With the death of Semlar, it is absurdly hard to find buyers for rivens. People cannot sift through the flood of spam every second to find what they might want. Instead they must filter what they need, while filtering they will miss your spam. Having to instead go to multiple different discords to create grid pictures of rivens for sale is the only option to really get rid of rivens. Now, this has made riven trading boring and a terrible grind. I used to be able to sell 5-10 rivens in a weekend during the days of semlar after kuva rerolls and such. Now? 1. I bought archgun rivens to reroll. I sold 1 and probably for much lower than I could have gotten.

Riven.market does not have as wide a base as warframe.market and they do not update weapon types fast enough. We have little options? Who wins with the death of Semlar? The botting cheats that are the Riven mafia.

It is bad enough that we have to wiki anything we need to know about the game, now we have to belong to multiple forums and discords to post screenshots? There is no auction house or anything and we are left with an overspammed channel. This is why I quit when semlar went down. Some people like the trading portion of the game, as with many other mmos, more than farming. I would rather trade using knowledge of a market than farm relics. That has been removed from the game for me. I don't want to have to buy prisma weapons then sit on them for 3 weeks to sell for 30p profit. I would rather reroll rivens and sell them.

Fix this. Before you drop a kavat riven or something ridiculous next, fix the functionality of sale between players.

• Like 5

The game desperately needs a proper trading system. Even something that simply duplicates the functionality of warframe.market and riven.market within the game would be tremendously helpful because, as you pointed out, not everyone is even aware that those sites exist.

It's mind-boggling to me that pretty much everything else in the game has been reworked at lease once; we're up to melee 2.9, parkour 2.0, modding 2.0, damage 2.0, star chart 3.0, UI 3.0 (partly), and so on. But trading? That's still just the same old crappy trade chat. I don't understand why it's being neglected like that, but it's high time it too got a comprehensive overhaul.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 15

The Folren discord is thankfully filling in for semlar riven pricing - I fully agree, DE needs to work on implementing a proper trading system because trade chat and maroo's bazaar (which is only good for selling anything but rivens) arent doing a good job.

• Like 2

Anyone here having trouble with Riven trading should buy my book "How I sold my Rivens for less and stopped worrying", only 29.99 + Shipping and Handling.

Order now and You'll also get this Wolf of Saturn Six stress ball for free!

But more seriously and on-topic, my suggestion to DE would be to make a "Riven Trade" chat as the only public chat where Rivens can be linked, that way people looking for a Riven can go to a location where THERE ARE ONLY RIVENS, and trade chat can go back to being for items, weapons and non-riven mods.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 7

Since Semlar went down I've lost 50-60% motivation to play. Hunting for good rivens for non-meta weapons has been my main joy in Warframe for a while. Not so much new fun stuff and exploration to do once you hit mr26-27. Fun rivens and fun builds with them were my solace and Semlar's site was my main tool for finding those rare niche rivens. The main issue is not finding the correct price for rivens, but finding the correct rivens you are looking for.

Trade chat is a disgusting mess, even with the filters. It is cancerous trying to find what you are looking for there.

The official stats DE has been releasing about rivens for fan developers are pretty much useless compared to the info Semlar had provided before. They are not a working substitute.

Bring Semlar back.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

7 minutes ago, Showerwalker said:

I know this doesn't contribute much to the topic, but if it helps  https://rivenmarket.com/ is my 'bandaid' for the problem.

Problem is, I'd guess a good 95% or more of players do not use the site. It is also very tedious uploading your rivens there. And if you want to buy, half the players whose rivens are up are never online, they never reply. Still a useful site, but not enough.

• Like 3

Maybe trading is slow because riven prices got overinflated and players no longer feel it's worth it especially since the disposition adjustments.

But yeah, no one wants to deal with trade chat shenanigans. And sites for rivens are pretty meh compared to warframe.market... I go to riven.market to check out rivens I might want occasionally, but I lost interest cause selection is too small. And posting on there takes too much effort. I tried it, it's pretty anti fun.

+ Obligatory ingame riven auction house post 

Edited by zoffmode
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

The official stats DE has been releasing about rivens for fan developers are pretty much useless compared to the info Semlar had provided before. They are not a working substitute.

That's something that bothers me a lot. The reason Semlar was good was because he provided specific info on riven prices, i.e. the actual stats of the rivens in question. DE just provides general categories. Knowing that a Stradavar riven sold for 1K is pointless without knowing its stats.

And the thing that gets me most is the way DE handled the player outrage. They basically placatad everyone by saying "yeah, we've banned Semlar, but we'll provide the same info officially", but then they never did. Like so many other things in WF, the riven trade data they provide is half-baked and basically useless. But it silenced the complaints. A master class in duplicitous PR damage control, IMO.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

While there is a small and vocal group that are against any sort of auction house or player marketplace, this game desperately needs it. Organizing what's on offer from thousands of players would make the system more friendly, more accessible, and would trend towards bringing prices in line with actual item rarity.

The current system is would be like having to deal with a used car salesman for every single item you buy at the grocery. It's largely a waste of time and a massive pain in the anus.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

With the death of Semlar, it is absurdly hard to find buyers for rivens. People cannot sift through the flood of spam every second to find what they might want. Instead they must filter what they need, while filtering they will miss your spam. Having to instead go to multiple different discords to create grid pictures of rivens for sale is the only option to really get rid of rivens. Now, this has made riven trading boring and a terrible grind. I used to be able to sell 5-10 rivens in a weekend during the days of semlar after kuva rerolls and such. Now? 1. I bought archgun rivens to reroll. I sold 1 and probably for much lower than I could have gotten.

Riven.market does not have as wide a base as warframe.market and they do not update weapon types fast enough. We have little options? Who wins with the death of Semlar? The botting cheats that are the Riven mafia.

It is bad enough that we have to wiki anything we need to know about the game, now we have to belong to multiple forums and discords to post screenshots? There is no auction house or anything and we are left with an overspammed channel. This is why I quit when semlar went down. Some people like the trading portion of the game, as with many other mmos, more than farming. I would rather trade using knowledge of a market than farm relics. That has been removed from the game for me. I don't want to have to buy prisma weapons then sit on them for 3 weeks to sell for 30p profit. I would rather reroll rivens and sell them.

Fix this. Before you drop a kavat riven or something ridiculous next, fix the functionality of sale between players.

Wait, when and why did Semlar "die"?

I'm on his site right now and it's still working?

9 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

Instead i prefer to use the riven myself i don't see any point to waste time rolling a good riven and selling it but if i have a better riven of the same weapon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPonder said:

@Psykhe27

Explain the mafia part, always thought there were people abusing rivens in some way.

I have already said that. There is no point to sell a god riven at these prices but if you sell plat for real money(illegally).

Edited by bibmobello