Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The most generic of Warframe fashion choices

Snydrex

1 hour ago, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

I use dark colors, specifically, red and black (and some silver) because I genuinely like those colors, not because I try to be edgy. But oh well, I guess I'm a lame commoner. 

those colors are fine but contrast is king xD Most i see don't even consider making it pop. or worse the ones that just pick it all willy nilly trying to make it look cool but it turns out looking like trash instead.

Edited by (PS4)chibitonka

Lotta Gold & white & titania agile animations with that absurdity that is the Dominion skin for 2h swords that requires FAA clearance, I blame that for the lag I get in parties when I see it now, just making sure it's clear for takeoff.

Otherwise I stick with my old Favorites, A bleached bone Gamma & a Dark gamma blue for frames that my primary color combo looks like dried peach chunks & pesto vomit, main is Black, Dark green & Candycorn orange from the halloween pallet with a bright orange for energy color 

Usually ends up looking like a tree frog from the amazon, except My Status Nidus, Titania agile, repalla cape with the phryek skin & with nuke green energy & smoke ephemera, titled the wretched from the old MTG card, would be icarus wings for the demon look, but those got removed from switch, so i feel half in half out, Minus my Joker Oberon & party hat helminth charger.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This is pretty much the ONLY true cape in the game. The rest are all split, short, stubby, have poor cloth physics, or they color weird.
Oddly, all the Tennogens that have been submitted that could rival this cape keep getting rejected.
Such as the ION Cloak.

Repala is generally fine but it's also the equivalent of the dog filter on Snapchat. Overused and that's usually why people over time build a distaste of it.

My two main issues with it are:

1. The amount it clips through a model when you're doing basic movement really puts a damper on how it looks, which is a common reason on why flowing cape syndanas are actually pretty rare in warframe.

2. It has a really weird mesh on thinner frames when looking from the front.

The biggest pro for it is the fact it covers the entirety of the back side which is useful for skins like vauban deluxe being the most prominent example. Front looks amazing, back looks underdeveloped or gross.

7 hours ago, Snydrex said:

- Red/black/white colors
- Gold metallics
- Katanas. Any kind of Katanas.
- Icarius Syandana wings
- Naru Syandana wings
- Any Syandana that looks like wings
- Tatsu
- Stalker-themed excalibur/any warframe
- More Tatsu
- 'youtuber cape' AKA Repala Syandana 

Oh my god, I'm actually getting the feeling of not being so mainstream, apart from sometimes falling in the 1st two categories, but that's almost inevitable with 28 frames with different fashion.

6 hours ago, Snydrex said:

Harrow's Idle animation sets, or Titania's, for whatever reason.

Резултат с изображение за aaand its gone meme

I'll have to add Edo Prime, and Pink Rhino.

I generally use Trinity Prime and have her with main black, blue highlights, silver metallics, blue energy.  I like those colours and they don't make my eyes bleed.  I don't use armor because Trinity Prime already has so much crap stuck on her that whatever armor I use looks too bulky or conversely I can hardly tell it's there at all.   I don't use a syndana because every single syndana I've looked at clips through some of the stuff normally on the frame.  I don't like any of the Trinity skins (why do they all have to have a skirt or sticks hanging down?) but I've gotten used to how Trinity Prime looks.  I also tend not to show my weapons when holstered.  I generally feel really understated whenever I go to a relay/town but after this thread I almost feel unique ... or maybe just so generic that I actually stand out lol.

Considering I use a rapier, I think the only thing I am generic about is monochrome color + gold metallics.

Then again when you see my Nezha or Harrow, maybe not.

After visiting fortuna, I must now add limbo's agile animation to this list.

Also, reading through, I admit that I too am a victim to -some- of these tropes.

(Also, to anyone feeling attacked, never my intention, I apologize for that. Sorry, mates.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Literally all of my Primes are black and white with gold metallics.

I'm feeling really attacked right now. :C

So are mine, mostly because I like to have the same theme on everyone and that's the only one that looks good on everyone.

16 minutes ago, OGodKing said:

special snowflake thread? 

Definitely.

Personally, I prefer neutral colors and decals from the Storm palette but I'm actually quite partial to how nice most frames can look with an appropriate black/gray/white and red setup.

Personally, I make cosmetic choices for my own amusement.  I don't know anyone who still plays this game, and the chances of seeing someone from a random public team more than once are basically zero.  So I tend to pick color choices and accessory items that I feel look nice, without really considering what is "overused."  The Reppela cloak simply looks nice (since it's actually a cape or cloak, and not a sheet of neoprene draped over the shoulders like a lot of the others.)  Harrow and Inaros have appearances that seem to work especially well with the worn and tattered lower hem.

As far as using gold for metallic regions... again, it just looks right to me on some frames.  I have a version of Hildryn with white for primary, and then dark red, pink and black as an accent color.  I have another version that is mostly shades of blue, with gold metallic areas and dark brown as an accent color.  Someone who has seen both of them nicknamed the first one "Valentines" and the second "Spess Marhine!"  (I don't completely get it, but I guess the second is some kind of obscure Warhammer 40k joke.)

So... sorry that I'm not fashion l33t enough.  I like what I like.  If you want to buy me all the weird Syandannas and Tennogen I don't already own, I'll consider trying some of the weirder looks.  (And some of the platinum cosmetic items are *really* weird.)

5 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Definitely.

Personally, I prefer neutral colors and decals from the Storm palette but I'm actually quite partial to how nice most frames can look with an appropriate black/gray/white and red setup.

Storm looks really nice to me, especially the upper rows for metallics for pale and rose golds. I also love the subtle reds and purples from the center.

Hard to go wrong with it in my opinion, only palette that’s easier to fashion is probably Smoke. 

Edited by FrostPrime

Always black and red, always has been no matter what I'm playing, if a single player game has colour customisation I'm going black and red because it's a nice clean look, had no idea I was inadvertently being edgy all these years, it's very exciting. :smile: