Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Sacrifice

The_Mister

So nearly a year Later it has come to this, or more specifically this

Spoiler

Complete The Chimera Prologue to unlock this dangerous boss fight. Defeat the Ropalolyst to earn our 40th Warframe.

and I had to contemplate what that meant for the Future of the rest of the Tenno, sure I can ignore a single Weapon, or a over tuned Mod or two but now it seems that I will have to pay platinum to obtain this Frame, as there is no other way to get her, and remain loyal to The Lotus.
I believe I have only ever done this once before. Octavia, and that was out of impatience, but now the stakes are higher. This is it, the end of the Lotus, for whoever was patient enough to wait will no longer.

The Umbra Mods, were easily ignorable for a Veteran Casual player such as my self. They provide a power you don't actually need unless your doing something crazy like an hour+ Survival. Or 60+ Waves of Defense. Or any other similar endless type mission. And All that is for bragging rights, the Endless mission type has always had this weird system that despite how long you go for, your odds of getting anything DO NOT increase.

The Paracesis, I never saw it used over other weapons, so it must not be that good. Mastery fodder for now till The New War. Heck maybe it will help against the new enemy types, but more than your AMP does already? Or maybe thats why you need to complete that Prologue, you need the Paracesis to even fight it. Unlike since we cant even use it for the Eidolons. Which betrays its whole purpose.

I digress, Tenno, you are and have always been Free to do whatever you wanted. Just, don't forget who you owe that Freedom too. HA! who am I kidding, it's just a game, your more than happy to throw some "Space Mom" aside for a bit of extra power and Mastery, though that is changing now. A Price has been added to your Loyalty. Time or Platinum? You already know the answer. heck it might even be more than that, depending on whether or not the New Bosses drop something tradable.

I'll be honest, I used to call you Traitors, and I'm sorry for that, for I know now that you are simply Lost. Most of you didnt know what would you would be sacrificing, but everyone after a certain point know what The Sacrifice really is. I Do. Mother or Mastery. I made my choice, whats yours?

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I made the choice to advance the story line instead of holding myself back for sentimental reasons. Everyone has to grow up and leave home eventually.

AH very true, but I am more than willing to advance a story line if it had a ending. I've waited this long, and will continue to do so, till the New War.

6 minutes ago, The_Mister said:

*snip*

You're taking this game Very Seriously.  Like, maybe a little scary serious.  That event you're avoiding?  It's part of the story.  It *already happened.*  You just choose not to experience it.  The story from this point forward will require that you deal with it.  Jovian Concord requires finishing the Chimera Prologue.  So will The New War.  It's likely that so will Railjack/Empyrean.  (One way or another, either by requiring you to have finished Chimera Prologue directly again, or by requiring you to complete a mission that (at some point) requires you to have done the Prologue first.

You'll be able to buy your way around it for the Warframes, and probably most of the weapons.  But it's pretty likely (almost certain, really) that you'll have to actually complete the missions to unlock new mechanics.  You don't have an Operator unless you finished The Second Dream.  You don't have much control over your Focus powers until you do The War Within.  The Sacrifice completes that story and gives you access to Umbra Excalibur (although whether he's the first of a series of Umbra frames or a "one shot and never again" individual is yet to be seen.)

Some people don't like the story.  I know of at least one person who used to make Warframe videos who "NOPE!"-ed out at the Second Dream and I don't think they ever came back.  He wanted Tenno to be something horrible and inhuman, and the reveal that they were what they are was a table flip moment.  I'm pretty sure there's people that post on the forums about how they refuse to do The Second Dream (or do it, but refuse to use or improve the Operator ever for any reason.)  I personally do not care for the "boss" fights, and pretty much ignore the Eidolons and Orb Mothers.  The thing is, the devs don't really have any reason to care.  The vast majority of people finish the story - because it makes their characters stronger, if for no other reason.  I'm sure that the number of people who have access to "whatever" and refuse to do it is tiny.  Far too small for them to have any real reason to add "alternate storylines" or secondary advancement paths.  I avoid the Eidolons and Orb Mothers with the full realization that absolutely no one cares *AT ALL* that I don't do them or my reasons for disliking them.  (I have documented proof, since I've posted about it and been told to shut up and get lost.)

So, I guess the question is:  Do you enjoy the rest of the game enough to keep playing anyway?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Did I...miss something?

Depends.  Have you finished The Sacrifice?  If not, then no, you haven't missed anything at all.

If you have, there's an event that happens that the original poster refuses to deal with.  (Apparently to the point of calling people who have finished it "traitors.")  Basically, they're taking in-character RP to a point that's "maybe a bit out there."

• Like 4

Цитата

The Umbra Mods, were easily ignorable for a Veteran Casual player such as my self. They provide a power you don't actually need unless your doing something crazy like an hour+ Survival. Or 60+ Waves of Defense.

Dont need it there either

• Like 2

I don't think we're becoming traitors just by receiving the Paracesis. You just go and see Space Dad, he talks ** about Space Mom, and gives you a weapon. You don't have to use it as he wants you to though. I don't think the story will go to the direction to kill the Lotus. A lot of people think we'll have a choice, I guess she'll be revealed as a double agent among the sentients, loyal to the Tenno.

Nobody can be sure, but I'll go into the New War quest with a full Dex weaponry 😉

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I don't think we're becoming traitors just by receiving the Paracesis. You just go and see Space Dad, he talks ** about Space Mom, and gives you a weapon. You don't have to use it as he wants you to though. I don't think the story will go to the direction to kill the Lotus. A lot of people think we'll have a choice, I guess she'll be revealed as a double agent among the sentients, loyal to the Tenno.

Nobody can be sure, but I'll go into the New War quest with a full Dex weaponry 😉

aww man, wish I could Like a Post. You're not traitors, like i said, Im sorry for even suggesting it by saying Loyal so much. But thats a great Idea, when the mission to save/kill Lotus drops, expect me to be Dex'd out now too because of you 😜

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

*double snip*

I have come to realize that, but I can still be hyped as all get out, about Railjack, If I may not even be able play it because of this decision. this may be a general Complaint, but I am by no means asking for special treatment. It never even occurred to me. I just want to see how alone I'll be in this opinion. It's terribly obvious to me that I will be, but I've had this pent up inside, and seeing the Jovian Concord just forced it out(again). 
Even though I haven't done it all yet, the Prologue that is, I still went through a vague kind of the stages of grief.
I am Denying that The Lotus has done any wrong, not unfounded considering how crazy Balas seems.
Angry at all the Tenno who knew but still CHOSE to sacrifice her.
Havent really done any bargaining...?(maybe im in Denial about that too lol)
Sad that she left and at all the Tenno who lost her.
Accepting that I still have her at least, and the cost of keeping her.

I have been very Fortunate that all content relased after the Prologue hasn't cost me anything. The Jovian Concord will mark the first, and most assuredly not the last, occasion that I will be mission out on something that will effect my gameplay experience. And I'm willing to wait knowing full well what that means. 

You are actively hindering yourself by not completing the quests DE is not making you pay for wisp but you are doing it yourself. Instead of hindering yourself from the content play the content, you don't need to build the weapon at all and just keep it in your foundry.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Couldn't he be giving you the sword to kill him? He did complain of her robbing him of his death.

In any case, he deserves it more than she does.

18 minutes ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

You are actively hindering yourself by not completing the quests DE is not making you pay for wisp but you are doing it yourself. Instead of hindering yourself from the content play the content, you don't need to build the weapon at all and just keep it in your foundry.

Did i give the wrong impression about my opinion about the Paracesis? It would seem so, I only mentioned it because its a weapon thats not even that good, I have no hang ups about it other than that and what I mentioned. I have a lot in my Foundry unclaimed yes, but thats because Im slow at dedicating time to rank up other weapons and tossing them. 

As far as the Content I'm "hindering myself from". I'm more behind than I make it out to be, as far as i can see about the Jovian Concord, I'll only be missing out on the Ropalolyst Boss fight. Which I'm fine with, and If I didnt have the Plat already to get Wisp, I would farm it by selling any number of my 30+ Riven Mods. Or Vault Mods, or Electric Mods, or Aura mods, Gems, Vaulted Relics Frames.

I may be a Casual Player, with long gaps of not playing this game, but I still have been playing this game for over 5 years now, and the times I was active(to include now) I have only ever Farmed what I deemed necessary for my own enjoyment. Which is to include help others from time to time.

Edited by The_Mister

Speaking from the perspective of someone who's completed most content in the game, I'd urge you to go through and complete all events and story regardless of any reservations. DE put some hard work into every one of them, and they are well worth experiencing in my opinion. The extra rewards are enough incentive.

If you're worried about changes from the story affecting your game as a result, "creator mode", under settings, Allows you to retain a lot of things that would seemingly be unable to be undone after the completed campaign, including getting the lotus back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Snydrex said:

Speaking from the perspective of someone who's completed most content in the game, I'd urge you to go through and complete all events and story regardless of any reservations. DE put some hard work into every one of them, and they are well worth experiencing in my opinion. The extra rewards are enough incentive.

If you're worried about changes from the story affecting your game as a result, "creator mode", under settings, Allows you to retain a lot of things that would seemingly be unable to be undone after the completed campaign, including getting the lotus back.

Well, I have never tried Creator mode, and honestly sounds kinda cheaty, but for me sadly at this Junction. Is not an option for me. These "extra rewards" are not worth my soul!!!

I plan on doing the content someday, but that day is long off into the future. Possibly another year, WHEN WE GET WISP PRIME!!!

Edited by The_Mister

Just now, The_Mister said:

Well, I have never tried Creator mode, and honestly sounds kinda cheaty, but for me sadly at this Junction. Is not an option for me. These "extra rewards" are not worth my soul!!!

I mean, I would hope you're not implying that I'm soulless or something, but... It really is up to the player.

And that's fine if you don't want to, because no one's telling you that you must continue.Each to their own, yeah?
But from my perspective? If you want the most out of warframe? I'd still suggest doing them. As I said, they're wonderful experiences on their own, morals or plot twists aside, they are made for our entertainment, rewards or no rewards.