Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jovian Concord: Update 25

[DE]Megan

Jupiter looks terrific! Great job!

Disruption is really fun, but any reason the Conduits are red, white, blue & cyan; my colour vision is not 100%, and I kept taking cyan Keys to blue Conduits. Red, white, blue & yellow might work better, perhaps? Or have the HUD say which colour Key you're carrying. I don't want to try Disruption in multiplayer until I know I can perform reliably... which is an issue if the rot.C drop is unattainable in solo.

EDIT: getting the hang of it now -- if it's too light to be blue but not light enough to be white, it's probably cyan. 😆

I also had serious difficulty hearing the Demolysts. Maybe I just need to get attuned to their sound, but I think they could do with being a bit louder.

Colours seem really over-saturated now. You've actually managed to make browns seem verging on gaudy! My vote is: please tone it down a little.

Generally, though, this is really cool stuff. I look forward to facing the Rotflolalyst! 😃

If this is the wrong spot for something like this, please move it. I looked around and remember people posting guides for new content on the update posts before.

Again, I spent several minutes searching around for a guide and didn't find one, so....here!

This is a rough draft.

The Rapololyst (aka Mega Ultra Chicken)

How to defeat
(Rough version, will polish later)

Spoiler

Preparations
Bring the following!

1. A frame that can survive massive damage (or avoid laser beams)
  2. Something for quickly handling armored L40 mobs
  3. An Operator that can survive the above (I did it with the Mote amp)
  4. Your game face

Fight Part I

1. It shoots death lasers of death. Dodge or get #*!%ed, nerd.
  2. Head to any of the three containers on platforms around the stage.
  3. Get the birdy to shoot one. It will switch attacks.
  4. Go into Operator Mode and take out the bird's shield.
  5. Use your void jump to disable the birdy's larger beam
  6. Once that shield drops, jump onto the birdy and RIDE IT INTO THE PILLAR.
  7. If you for some reason get off the birdy without doing so, it restores its shields.

Fight Part II

1. You'll land back on the center stage with a pissed off birdy. It has more attacks: dropping bombs like a rap star and picking you up, if you get too close
  2. Take out the mobs that spawn.
  3. Pick a vent on the birdy's back. Damage it.
  4. When birdy wanders into the center, blow up that vent.
  5. Get to the terminal and activate it.

Part III
Is a repeat of Part I

1. Get birdy to shoot pillar
  2. Hit birdy's shields with your amp
  3. Jump onto birdy and ram it into the pillar

Part IV
Is a repeat of Part II, but a smaller stage! And lasers!

1. Kill the mobs
  2. Reduce the shield
  3. Blow up a vent.
  4. Get to the console

Part V
Is a repeat of Parts I and III!

Part VI
Is a repeat of Parts II and IV-WAIT

1. Take out the Sentients!
  2. Drop the birdy's shields
  3. Get the birdy's health nice and low...but not to zero!
  4. Move to the console.
  5. Finish the birdy and QUICKLY activate the console.
  6. Enjoy your fried chicken.

4 hours ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

Dark Sectors?

And where is the only game mode that requires teamwork and I get a challenge out of...Arbitration? Also the new ptime item/mod look up in trade chat is soooo bad. Most of the screen is bland and unused and you have to hover over the Info bar to read the stats which is very annoying. And in the case for mods you can't see how many you have of the clicked on mod. That is disspointing to say the least.

Please remove your terrible energy colour system. It doesn't work correctly.

You change 1 emmisive colour, it changes energy, you change 1 energy it changes emissive. AND, it doesn't always do that either! It's horribly inconsistent across Warframes. You can't preview your colours well in the arsenal either so there's no way to know if you like the changes unless you're in the Simulacrum or you constantly go in and out of missions.

Another half baked idea that just seems to have been pushed out without any actual testing.

Not only that but the Ropalolyst boss fight is buggy to all hell. Not only can you not damage the boss after bringing down its shields as you get no indication whatsoever as to what you need to use, but also it bugs out in the air making mounting it bug you out as well and again, can't be damaged, forcing you to quit...
NOT ONLY THAT! But you've stuck a hard cap for damage on the boss making it obnoxiously annoying to fight....
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! The Ropalolyst's hitbox is terrible. It can grab you from across the platform or even 10m ABOVE it... like what!? OH! and if when you get grabbed, you can't do anything about it if you're solo.... yea good job....
OH WAIT, THERE'S MORE! The boss is so incredibly buggy that it teleports without warning around the field. I literally mean, POOF it's now over here. No animation, nothing, it just teleports doing the exact same thing it was doing meaning if you're trying to catch it or shoot it, then you're in for an incredibly annoying time.

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

also if you have a discord or other method of non-in game communication you should be ok. I pray for you tho.

Yea we have a very active Discord server.  Everything will be alright. 🙂   Thanks again for your comments.  They really helped. 

So far on Ropalolyst:

- Crash to desktop for all clients (host unaffected)

- Boss becomes invisible (some players too)

- Boss gets stuck in towers

- Boss gets stuck in floor

- Boss heals 100% on final phase 1 second after being reduced to zero.

- Player stuck in falling respawn loop. /Unstuck doesnt resolve, switching to operator does, temporarily....

- Unstuck putting player more than 1km away from arena and unable to enter due to invisible wall and possibly impossible jump?

- And boss stops shooting, so you cant charge reactors....

Has there been an official reply to the resolution bug yet? Out of all the bugs present with this update you think players not being able to log in or view the game at the correct resolution would be on the top of the 'to do list'.

1 minute ago, Flex238 said:

Has there been an official reply to the resolution bug yet? Out of all the bugs present with this update you think players not being able to log in or view the game at the correct resolution would be on the top of the 'to do list'.

Not that I've seen

1 hour ago, imkmk17 said:

What happened to Arbitrations?  

Have you done Ganymede and the Ropalolyst? Maybe they count as star chart nodes and Arbitrations re-locked themselves. 

I haven’t done either node, and Arbs are gone for me too. 

So the energy colour on warframes got separated into the energy colour of the warframe itself ("Emissive") and the colour of the abilities it casts ("Energy"). That's cool and logical.

But what is the point of having both "Emissive" and "Energy" on everything else - syandanas, attachments, weapons? If "Emissive" is how they glow, then what is "Energy"?

7 minutes ago, Andikki said:

So the energy colour on warframes got separated into the energy colour of the warframe itself ("Emissive") and the colour of the abilities it casts ("Energy"). That's cool and logical.

But what is the point of having both "Emissive" and "Energy" on everything else - syandanas, attachments, weapons? If "Emissive" is how they glow, then what is "Energy"?

Amusing thing is neither of the options actually do what it says they do. Take Ember primes helmet for example. An Emissive. The ENERGY colour option changes it...

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Chesa Retrieve double dipping with Nekros’ Desecrate.
  • Fixed Chesa/Desecrate double dipping with Hydroid/Khora.

Can we get this moved to Changes, please? No offense @[DE]Megan, but this is disingenuous. It needs to be called as it is: a Nerf. Its been the better part of 4 years that this "bug" has been a feature, and its now only getting a "fix"? No one should buy this lie, I surely don't.

Archived