Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is with the current notion of entitlement?

Ceanmunt

Trying to understand the current element of entitlement people feel they deserve. Combing through Reddit, i usually do this for mechanics discussions and such, Warframe's Reddit is unfortunately just filled with thread after thread of people complaining and whinging over the most basic of things. Currently we are on the "game is unplayable because Hydroid/Khora/Nekros don't stack now". Before this we had threads of how drop chances should all be raised to 5-10% minimums, how items should be easier to get, frames easier to get, Nightwave easier to complete.

What is with this? How does being handed everything in game give you satisfaction or make a game more playable to you? Why is it you can't be arsed to work for the rewards? Why do you feel entitled to get something, because someone else got it? This new resource is a good start, people want more of it straight away. It should drop more frequently, the rewards of it in between rounds should be doubled/tripled/quadrupled etc etc. Why? I needed to build Wisp, so what did i do? I played the game for 30-45 minutes and already had enough materials for her. Now while i'm researching the weapons i reckon i'll get enough resources to build that. Without any numbers being raised. Why is that so hard?

How far do we need to go before the game just gives you every item when you log in now? Why must we take what little challenge we get and remove it. 60 minute Survival is another good example. Why should that change? Because some people can't/won't do it? Now it's 30 minutes for next season. Could probably solo that now. But yeah, those people can now get everything, isn't that awesome?

Just not seeing why we are listening or even still, caving into these people that continuously want everything made easier or just given to them.

/end rant.

• Like 1

Welcome to people that play warframe for a month or two then quit. 🙂 Warframe has taught players how to be spoon fed and not use their brains like other games. For this event we're literally using magus lockdown to cc the decon guys, Easiest thing ever.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 9

56 минут назад, Ceanmunt сказал:

Currently we are on the "game is unplayable because Hydroid/Khora/Nekros don't stack now". Before this we had threads of how drop chances should all be raised to 5-10% minimums, how items should be easier to get, frames easier to get, Nightwave easier to complete.

What is with this?

Hema research exists.

56 минут назад, Ceanmunt сказал:

I needed to build Wisp, so what did i do? I played the game for 30-45 minutes and already had enough materials for her.

Eeeh. Wisp needs about 1200 hexaeders or whatever. I did a 70min dark sector survival run with a Khora (there were also 2 Nekroses), we got about 500 thingies.

A 4000 point disruption run was about 200 thingies. Doing 1200 in 45 minutes seems pretty fast. Then again, no boosters were harmed during the farm, so there's that.

Hexawhatever requirements seem pretty fine, but Hema gives me Lineage II flashbacks. Something I'm not really fond of.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, lnfine said:

Hema research exists.

Eeeh. Wisp needs about 1200 hexaeders or whatever. I did a 70min dark sector survival run with a Khora (there were also 2 Nekroses), we got about 500 thingies.

A 4000 point disruption run was about 200 thingies. Doing 1200 in 45 minutes seems pretty fast. Then again, no boosters were harmed during the farm, so there's that.

Hexawhatever requirements seem pretty fine, but Hema gives me Lineage II flashbacks. Something I'm not really fond of.

While i understand Hema research, you understand that is a guild requirement right. And if you choose to have your own guild with you as a sole member, then you are making that farm harder on yourself, not the game. If however, all members of a guild participate and donate, it's not really that hard.

• Like 1

Has it really gotten so cringy? 

It is warframe where the grind is the point right?

With that being said I do have my own gripes with some of the things, very specifically the stupidly low RNG for some of the rewards that are behind a progression gate. This is very specific and my own personal gripe (I already got the thing) which they have addressed and fixed since the last few updates but have a habit of reintroducing . 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Additional data

I'm done with the grind, most of my life has been grinding for one thing or another, the car, the mortgage etc. etc. So, I'll play those bits I enjoy, skip those I don't and buy stuff I want with plat that I've traded stuff for.

• Like 12

Also...

Seems people want to get the new frame in a few days, literally take it out from the owen at the weekend.

You guys need to reallize that this timeframe (playing with a new frame and weap. within the first few days after the release) is for people who pay the plat.

Everyone else should ENJOY grinding and make the frame within like 4-7days and have the satisfaction of "I did gather the parts and grinded and built it myself". I mean this guys, if you dont enjoy gathering and building stuff, there is the option for you to purchase.

Thus you get what you want and you helped D.E. with money so they can keep their jobs and make Warframe even better.

Edited by 40PE
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceanmunt said:

Why is it you can't be arsed to work for the rewards?

Uhm..... this isn't how Warframe Works....

Warframe doesn't reward people who display superior performance or put in more effort or just getting more things done than everyone else....

Warframe rewards people randomly.... 

You wana know why people are so entitled... because if one player gets Wisp Right Away and then another player does run after run after run and keeps getting the #*!%ing Chassis then that person is nafurally going to be alil annoyed.

Im not saying this is where all the complaints are coming from but as it is right now its difficult to say who entitled and who is getting screwed for no reason. 

This.... is the knock on effect of RNG based rewards... I guarantee you the complaints are not going to stop. 

The drop rates don't need to be raised.... the drops need to have another way of Obtaining them not based on RNG.... you put in the effort... you get the item you want... 

Atleast thats where my Entitlement comes from... 

• Like 8

Im honestly disappointed, that despite all those people also complaining that DE doesnt listen, DE actually do listen and made some awesome content, which is compleatable in a matter of 3-4 hrs.

Already have everything but the sniper and 20k endurance. That includes mats, recipies, mods and all😕

in these games its the jorney not the destination.

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The drop rates don't need to be raised.... the drops need to have another way of Obtaining them not based on RNG.... you put in the effort... you get the item you want... 

No they don't. All you are saying here is "I dont know how looter games work"

Also you're entitled and negative to everything in every thread I open, why would anyone value your oppinion at this point is beyond me.

• Like 3

Yeah, i've been playing for years now (nearly 700 days login, 2500+ hours) and i've never seen so much of the current complaints. We still had low drop chances back then, but somehow we survived and flourished in it, surely if it was as terrible as people claim it is now i wouldn't of stuck around so long right? I also had a few complaints, mainly Harrow from Defection....grinded that with clan mates for 3-4 hours, had enough at midnight and went to bed, they got it the next run!!! But hey, no biggy, i just did a few and i think it was 2 weeks to get it finally.

I think alot of this stems from them seeing something, getting in their head they NEED it right now, and then complain because it's hard to grind out 50,000 resources in under 20 minutes to build what they want. Warframe offers so much, when i was leveling up if there was something i wanted to build but didn't have enough Mutagen Mass say, i'd build other S#&$ and get around to it when the Invasions pay off. That seem's like too much trouble to do these days.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Uhm..... this isn't how Warframe Works....

Warframe doesn't reward people who display superior performance or put in more effort or just getting more things done than everyone else....

Warframe rewards people randomly.... 

You wana know why people are so entitled... because if one player gets Wisp Right Away and then another player does run after run after run and keeps getting the #*!%ing Chassis then that person is nafurally going to be alil annoyed.

Im not saying this is where all the complaints are coming from but as it is right now its difficult to say who entitled and who is getting screwed for no reason. 

This.... is the knock on effect of RNG based rewards... I guarantee you the complaints are not going to stop. 

The effort IS the RNG. You complete that mission to try and get it. That simple. I ran for Wisp when it released, i got 4 or 5 Systems in a row to start. Did i chuck a fit and complain and demand drop rates be upped? Surprisingly no. I just ran it again. There already is another way of obtaining them, by buying them with platinum. This is where it starts getting funny, because you want stuff to be given to you just because you complete a mission x amount of times. Warframe is RNG, always has been, hopefully always will be. 

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

Also...

Seems people want to get the new frame in a few days, literally take it out from the owen at the weekend.

You guys need to reallize that this timeframe (playing with a new frame and weap. within the first few days after the release) is for people who pay the plat.

Everyone else should ENJOY grinding and make the frame within like 4-7days and have the satisfaction of "I did gather the parts and grinded and built it myself". I mean this guys, if you dont enjoy gathering and building stuff, there is the option for you to purchase.

Thus you get what you want and you helped D.E. with money so they can keep their jobs and make Warframe even better.

Brings back memory of Hildryn and all the people claiming it was totally unfair and ridiculous that they had to wait 7 days to grind for her just because they didn't want to spend $$$ or Plat. Even though the event fit the theme/release and if you really wanted, you could still get Hildryn right away. 

• Like 3

Waaaait so none of the farming frames stack anymore............? 

It was bad enough but understandable when identical farmframes didn't stack, tho notibly horrible when they made it so Ivaras didn't stack and pretended that it was somehow a boon to Ivara and she'd fit right in with loot groups now...... I don't know what they where smoking with that logic but I heccin want some. 

I guess thank you for pointing that out to me random angry entitlement guy, cause even tho that isn't the issue youre taking up it is now an issue that I am aware of and frankly its a butts move IMHO. 

as to why 

4 hours ago, Ceanmunt said:

Just not seeing why we are listening or even still, caving into these people that continuously want everything made easier or just given to them.

For the same reason we are still listening or even still caving into people that continuously want to turn Warframe into a self flagellation simulator where you can't get anything done without spending a minimum of 1hr in (insert endless mission type). It's almost like there is some sort of balance to be struck between the insanity. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Entitlement? More like sick of DE's inconsistency. They said Warframe is supposed to be bite sized yet introduces items with horrible drop rates. They said they're reducing the grind yet they're doing the opposite every few updates. They said they don't encourage camping/afk gameplay yet introduces Octavia where you'd press a few button here and there.

"Warframe is grinding game." Yet everyone loses their shet when people say void key is better than relic. 

I think what your example highlights is the “let’s try and please everyone approach”. The reality of which is that you never truly please any side. 

They'd almost be better off releasing updates that cater for both individually. They’ve sorted of achieved that with the latest update. For example, releasing a boss that is aimed at lower players and a game mode alongside that which can be run into high enough levels to make it a challenging endgame mode. Unfortunately the rewards for Disruption don’t make it worth the effort when there are many more endurance runs that people need to do (Mot for the new relics, for example). 

Me personally - I appreciate and accept that this is a F2P game and not all of the updates will suit my playstyle. I’ll give it a go, carry on if I enjoy it or farm what I need and go back to what I enjoy. Seems like some players think that the best approach is to shout from the proverbial rooftop in the hope that whipping up a small frenzy will force DE to make adjustments based on them. 

People do seem entitled recently on the forums, possibly due to a generational thing but probably more because nerfs are being made to the difficult. It’s a slippery slope of expectation. The easier and more available things are, the more people expect this difficulty in the future. Look at Nitain - some are frothing at the mouth because they can’t immediately obtain it and blindly refuse to see that they can still farm it at low drop rates. Or - shock horror - do something else and wait. Now DE make an alert later today for Nitain and I’d bet my last penny that this will be used as an example next time something happens. 

I wouldn't say it's entitlement, rather people with real lives. The current state of the game is for people who can devote almost all their free time to grinding, or pay for plat. If you are not living your life in the game itself, it is absurdly grindy and hard to get to anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I've played plenty of grindy games. But spending 80 hours to get Nidus Chassis is not fun.

It is not a game that you can just jump in for an hour and enjoy. That's most people's gripe with the game currently.

Also, the fact that I've spent more time on the wiki reading, instead of in the actual game is very disturbing. There is no tutorials or explanations for nothing. You either hit your head on the wall until you find the correct way of doing it, or you close the game and open the wiki.

It just feels as if the studio is made of two teams, that are fighting for the completely opposite things. On one hand you have the amazing art and awesome story ideas, on the other you have the worst coding and mechanics ideas.

imho, it's just people being pissed off at a game with great potential just being mediocre.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Believe it or not, some people actually play games for fun and don’t want everything to be a miserable grind. Shocking I know.

So play the game. If you only put in 20 minutes a day, expect to get 20 minutes worth of loot a day. It's people that play 20 minutes, but want what others spend 5 hours to farm, like you, lazy.

Just now, Ceanmunt said:

So play the game. If you only put in 20 minutes a day, expect to get 20 minutes worth of loot a day. It's people that play 20 minutes, but want what others spend 5 hours to farm, like you, lazy.

The funny thing is I probably play more hours a day than you do. You act as though there is some law of the universe that says playing games should be like a job and anyone who doesn’t want it to be that way is some entitled little brat. You’re a clueless fool.

• Like 1