Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

power taken to 0 only able to push 1 key not fun

Aaravis

every mission i do as soon as i get some power to finally do something other then push main weapon key its taken. Why does this company think pushing 1 key the entire instance is fun? I want to use my abilities much much more often. I cant even explain how it happened but on my last mission i snapped 3 mobs necks well sneaking and some how lost all my power.  I never even alerted them so how was that possible.

My guess based only on what you gave:

1) you are very new to the game, don’t worry you will learn if you stay.

2) on the snapping necks power loss, you probably were channeling during your sneak attacks and that drains a lot of energy.  I’m not so well versed in channeling with the new melee system so hopefully someone later down can explain it.

48 minutes ago, Aaravis said:

every mission i do as soon as i get some power to finally do something other then push main weapon key its taken. Why does this company think pushing 1 key the entire instance is fun? I want to use my abilities much much more often. I cant even explain how it happened but on my last mission i snapped 3 mobs necks well sneaking and some how lost all my power.  I never even alerted them so how was that possible.

I guess it was melee channeling where your melee weapon glows and you can make enemies disappear when killed? Each channeled hit costs you 5 energy for 50% more damage so this might be your problem

2 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

you press the middle mouse button and you do 50% more damage with melee. it drains 5 energy per hit with base stats. that’s all you need to know.

Nope because I use a custom key setup, and the activation of it is no longer consistently hold like It use to be (sometimes it acts like a toggle).

2 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Nope because I use a custom key setup, and the activation of it is no longer consistently hold like It use to be (sometimes it acts like a toggle).

now it's toggle. I have my channeling constantly active just with a push of middle mouse button until I press it again to deactivate

Needs more details, 

As others have said you are probably channeling while using melee, eximus usually won't appear at your level but if they do they can drain energy fast. 

You do need energy to use abilities, probably want to farm for some efficiency mods too.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

according to his stuff, I think he just making stuff up and if you wanted to check his stats go ahead I'm not dealing with the toxic player probably noob doesn't know about the game.  If he is that really really bored how about don't use mods and just flipping kill them in old fashion conclave except for your doing it massive grineer/corpus/sentient/infested/orokin hoards fight and also no relying on gears and operator. Now done his whinny bratty mouth.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

From what I can tell, you're talking about the number at the bottom right of the screen, below the blue bar with a few symbols? Thats called the ability bar. Think of it like ammo. You can pick up energy orbs dropped from enemies to build it up. If thats the thing your talking about, I have your solution:

Ability Efficiency

If you're new, this is a priority. The higher your ability efficiency is, the less abilities cost to use. To do that, here is what you want to do: Find the mod Streamline

To get Streamline, here's your best option:

1. Go to the Void, and do the first extermination mission.
  2. When you are there, focus on breaking every container you can find.
  3. If you're lucky, the Streamline mod will drop eventually.

Problem solved.

45 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

according to his stuff, I think he just making stuff up and if you wanted to check his stats go ahead I'm not dealing with the toxic player probably noob doesn't know about the game.  If he is that really really bored how about don't use mods and just flipping kill them in old fashion conclave except for your doing it massive grineer/corpus/sentient/infested/orokin hoards fight and also no relying on gears and operator. Now done his whinny bratty mouth.

Dood, you need to take a chill pill or twenty.

A newbie has Energy issues, that's not ... whatever might justify your reaction there.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Dood, you need to take a chill pill or twenty.

A newbie has Energy issues, that's not ... whatever might justify your reaction there.

I am, if I find ppl say the game is too easy, then they just need to take off the mods they have on.  It just that find it annoyed how much a boaster who boasts too much will be finding continue until someone had to put the dog in place learning that they chose the easy way using stuff.  People brag and being bratty is the most annoying for they wanted the world revolved around them for they probably demanded so many things like food, ammo, weapons, fancy jewelry, and so on stuff as once they can't get what they wanted they flipping trash the whole place and threats more.  Pretty much it is best to suggest that isn't a provoking way, he wanted a challenge so giving him one for common boaster wouldn't keep their words fighting 50k grineer or whatever enemies that try kills you they basically wanted.  Sometimes you have to direct the noobs boaster the hardship where the edge of the core where the hard stones will rough them up while they decided to jump the cliff willingly if they don't like it they can go back playing minecraft so they don't have to boast here.  As adults, we all share harshes but when young man boasted too much, usually crowds will be there beat the daylight before we even warn the man.

I am just pushing him where the spot he would step into that depth he fall of his own.