Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can DE take a serious look at glaring issues in Warframe

This is one of the things that I have the biggest gripes with DE, they release said content, then don’t support said content until years later, it’s rather frustrating as a player without a doubt. I understand that after they release something new or change something drastically that they then want to work on the next big thing/update, which is perfectly fine with me. But if you’re going to release something or even change something in the game for that matter, at least take the time and see the what the player base are thinking of it and the feedback that they are giving and change it accordingly.

@Voltage explained it perfectly of what some of the glaring issues are in the game. Obviously some of these issues aren’t nothing new, but at the end of the day let’s just hope in the near future that DE takes a step back and takes some serious time to fix the glaring issues in the game for once instead of as a better way to put it, put a bandaid over it and call it a day.

Don’t get me wrong though, I love DE and I’m not bashing them either, it’s just frustrating when they release content and forget about it in a short amount of time in a negative state, then well yeah, we as the player base aren’t going to be pleased with what they released and want it to be changed into a more positive state.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Hey Sin, haven't herd from you in a while. How ya been?

I’m doing good, thanks for asking, how about yourself?

I was burnt out from Warframe so I was on a break for a few months from the forums and game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Invincible.Jupiter said:

-Why are bosses [...] generally not working.

What?

-Please look at the damage system.

So much description in that comment, I love it

-Stop adding content you wont support.

Same as above, plus do you want me to reiterate what a lot of us already say? as a free game they need to make new content!

and ive been playing for years.

useless information, most of the players have been for years

I love DE you guys are great devs amazing game but these issues will eventually push the player base

No, it won't, players will still play (nice grammar btw)

You cant continue this game on new updates without fixing those issues.

Yes they can, it's not game-breaking (at least I don't think so since like I said you didn't state any), & they probably will

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

What content? Things get superseded and others just don't pan out. Expecting them to support literally every piece of content they have in the game at once, in perpetuity, is lunacy.

You are being incredibly coy. How about: major content that panned out? ESO, open world bounties, shield frames (lmfao, how many years now?), and the list goes on.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

FrameFighter

A mini game is content that needs constant updates?

A great example of this is how the Index has been outclassed by the Profit Taker in terms of Credits income.

They have very different game play. Should they have the same rewards? The Index already outstripped any Credit need before, PT does even more so... therefore Index needs to one up that?

scaling Kuva in the Fortress

This needs to stop. This is not a legitimate issue. The fact a handful of people feel the need to prop up Rivens as some sort of essential part of the game and therefore every ancillary system needs to feed that invented need does not make this an urgent issue that DE needs to fix.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

A mini game is content that needs constant updates?

As long as new Warframes are added, they should be available in FrameFighter. Otherwise, what was the point of adding the mode in the first place when it would be neglected right after release?

They have very different game play. Should they have the same rewards? The Index already outstripped any Credit need before, PT does even more so... therefore Index needs to one up that?

Profit Taker is there for Vox Solaris reputation with Crisma Toroid, Solaris United reputation with Debt Bonds, Credits (faster than the Index, even more so with Thermia Fractures), Radiant Relics, an Articula, Bloodshed Sigil, a few Unique mods, and Repeller/Atmo/Gyromag Systems. The Index offers a few Unique mods, John Prodman's Autograph, and Credits. If you have something that beats the Index in Credits, it is an outclassed mode that offers almost nothing unique. Much like the Rathuum Arena after the introduction of Arbitrations when it comes to Endo farming. The Index is not a dead mission type, but overshadowing it with something better removes its uniqueness as "the" Credit farming location, thus my comparison to Akkad. Adding something to The Index that is not Credits would be a good start. Relics, Peculiar Mods, anything would be worthwhile to play if after you completed The Glast Gambit.

This needs to stop. This is not a legitimate issue.

Kuva farming/aquisition is not a legitimate issue?

giphy.gif

The fact a handful of people feel the need to prop up Rivens as some sort of essential part of the game and therefore every ancillary system needs to feed that invented need does not make this an urgent issue that DE needs to fix.

You cannot deny the influence Riven Mods have on the in-game Platinum economy as well as weapon output damage. Look at Scoliac, Rubico Prime, Ohma, Synapse, Vectis Prime, and more. Riven Mods are not essential items, but they are an end-game item, one with arguably the worst farming mechanics. Kuva is an essential resource for Riven Mods making them an end-game resource. Kuva aquisition has been an issue for so long which is why people asked for Kuva being added to Kuva Survival in the first place.

DE can barely do that because they keep trying to put 5 new content they are going to add on their plate and do 1-2 bug fix waves so in the long run the games gonna be the buggiest it can be in the end to the point it'll turn into Fallout 76. They need to stop adding content (ik grab the pitchforks) and start fixing the game up until there's barely any bugs because with every update there always seem to be a plethora of bugs arriving.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Only playful, quite shy looks will be given until people pay for fixes in some way.

When it ceases to negatively impact grofit, it is fixed.

Only when NOT fixing is more costly than fixing will you see change.

QoL, unfortunately, fetches a much higher vocal premium than financial.

This is why, historically, circuses have always been supplied alongside bread.

I really don't think it's too much to ask for them to take a look at the game's scaling problems between big releases, or wrench out out some issues with old content while they're pushing out Mesa and Excalibur's 100th new skin.

14 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

This is why, historically, circuses have always been supplied alongside bread.

I really don't think it's too much to ask for them to take a look at the game's scaling problems between big releases, or wrench out out some issues with old content while they're pushing out Mesa and Excalibur's 100th new skin.

Except that they are focused on the big releases and the money-making content they bring...and the new skins, which fall under the category of said content.

You can bring all the carb-loading humor you want and I’m not saying you don’t have a point, but economic reality dictates priority.

It’s a nice Idiom.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

You cannot deny the influence Riven Mods have on the in-game Platinum economy

I will deny from now til the heat death of the universe that this does or should influence how DE designs their game. Literally nothing in the game requires them, their worth is purely player driven and is imaginary, more so than the game itself.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

As long as new Warframes are added, they should be available in FrameFighter. Otherwise, what was the point of adding the mode in the first place when it would be neglected right after release?

Is it so out of left field that something like a mini game, along with Zephyr's and Wyrm's, wouldn't have any real resources given to it and it would just be released as is, barring any bugs that could be fixed without impacting the actual game? Someone had a fun idea nd built it. Better throw it in the trash than agree to support it forever.

What's the point of wasting time in a video game?

37 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

I will deny from now til the heat death of the universe that this does or should influence how DE designs their game.

You are putting words in my mouth. If you quoted my entire comment, I explained that they heavily impact output damage (also weapon balance) as well. The value of Riven Mods should not influence decisions, however said value is directly proportional to the effort it takes to obtain these 10,20,30k, 60k+ Riven rolls. Kuva acquisition is plain bad in survival with no incentive to push yourself.

Literally nothing in the game requires them

They are a luxury item. You can do 6x3 Eidolons without a Riven, but they surely make it smoother and more enjoyable. My Ohma Riven also severely helped in Operation: Hostile Mergers, a test of highest DPS on a single target. Experiencing a Demolyst shows you clearly that a Riven can make a difference.

their worth is purely player driven and is imaginary, more so than the game itself.

60,000 Platinum for a Rubico Riven is a real sale. Sure, it happened right after Chroma Prime release from large hype amounts + high inflation on the value, but there is a good reason an unrolled TRASH Rubico goes for atleast 1000 Platinum on PC right now (look at median):

{ "itemType" : "Rifle Riven Mod", "compatibility" : "RUBICO", "rerolled" : false, "avg" : 925.52, "stddev" : 248.13, "min" : 10, "max" : 2300, "pop" : 4, "median" : 1000 },

{ "itemType" : "Rifle Riven Mod", "compatibility" : "RUBICO", "rerolled" : true, "avg" : 1366.54, "stddev" : 1316.36, "min" : 2, "max" : 20000, "pop" : 13, "median" : 1000 },

Source: http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensPC.json

Many things in the game are unnecessary. Riven Mods are no exception. However, if you fail to see how popular that system is and how frequent Kuva acquisition is an issue for the people investing in the system, you should read the countless Reddit Threads, Forum Threads, and all 32 pages of the Dev Workshop as per:

I would totally agree with you if weapons were properly balanced, but they aren't and this makes Riven Mods desireable to the current damage system. Multipliers like melee combo meter, Blood Rush, Condition Overload, sniper combo meter, etc. all factor into why these items are desired even thought they are never really required for anything. Kuva unlocks this power, and that system has been left as is for a long time.

Is it so out of left field that something like a mini game, along with Zephyr's and Wyrm's, wouldn't have any real resources given to it and it would just be released as is, barring any bugs that could be fixed without impacting the actual game? Someone had a fun idea nd built it. Better throw it in the trash than agree to support it forever.

What's the point of wasting time in a video game?

This is a straw-man. Features added to Warframe should be maintained to some degree.

Let's push aside FrameFighter. Let's look at the most crucial boss fight to Warframe player progression: The Eidolon Teralyst, Gantulyst, and Hydrolyst. Eidolons were bugged for a long time after Update: Chimera. If you hunted at all you would have seen the atrocity of random teleporting, non-tethered lures, non-teleporting lures, nullified ability locks, Hydrolyst rain persisting on screen (this one killed FPS), and the list goes on. It took ages to get these addressed and fixed.

It took exactly 171 days for DE to fix Magus Anomaly affecting the Eidolon Gantulyst and Eidolon Hydrolyst as per:

Introduction date: December 18th, 2018 - The Profit Taker
Fixed bug date: June 6th, 2019 - The Jovian Concord

If you still believe that DE does not consistently neglect content after a small window after release, that's on you I'm afraid.

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

60,000 Platinum for a Rubico Riven is a real sale. Sure, it happened right after Chroma Prime release from large hype amounts + high inflation on the value, but there is a good reason an unrolled TRASH Rubico goes for atleast 1000 Platinum on PC right now (look at median):

Are those actual sales between two legitimate players or people just trying to game the system and boost the stats? Why is it assumed those that were playing the old market are now not playing the market with the new info?

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Many things in the game are unnecessary. Riven Mods are no exception. However, if you fail to see how popular that system is, you should read the countless Reddit Threads, Forum Threads, and all 32 pages of the Dev Workshop as per:

People draw tons of Rule 34 content for the frames. Does that mean Warframe should just become that type of game or is DE still allowed to make their game, even if vocal forumites are wanting something else?

24 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It took ages to get these addressed.

How long should the bug have taken to get fixed, given your knowledge of the game and its code?

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you still believe that DE does not consistently neglect content after a small window after release, that's on you I'm afraid.

Given the game is more than whatever new thing is added, I'm not sure what you want here. Just iterating on old content means people leave. Going back after introducing something new, waiting for people to break it and gather actual data, not the wonderful feedback that people throw up on the forums, and then refining it and bringing it more fully into the game, either in its original form or something else entirely, is the game. It's how the game has always been. If you still don't see the cycle, that's on you, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

People draw tons of Rule 34 content for the frames. Does that mean Warframe should just become that type of game or is DE still allowed to make their game, even if vocal forumites are wanting something else?

You're comparing apples to oranges. Rivens are actual ingame content which became popular. Rule 34 stuff isn't but just some fan fiction.

Stop confusing people with nonsense.

• Like 3

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

You're comparing apples to oranges. Rivens are actual ingame content which became popular. Rule 34 stuff isn't but just some fan fiction.

Stop confusing people with nonsense.

Either popularity means DE has to listen to something or it doesn't. Let's go with all those popular fan concept frames. Lots of them are very popular, but DE doesn't feel compelled to make them or entertain the idea beyond a shout out.

Rivens could disappear and nothing would change about the game. Seems like DE is treating them with exactly as much care as they think they should be.

Why is the mob right about this?

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Either popularity means DE has to listen to something or it doesn't. Let's go with all those popular fan concept frames. Lots of them are very popular, but DE doesn't feel compelled to make them or entertain the idea beyond a shout out.

Listening does not equal action. But yes, popularity should equal listening. Relic UI changes reflect when DE listens and then acts. Hema is an example of listening and changing nothing. Popular frame concepts are not equivalent to mechanics already in the game that are unfinished.

Rivens could disappear and nothing would change about the game.

I really doubt that. The game would only see no change if you weren't active in the first place.

Seems like DE is treating them with exactly as much care as they think they should be.

Which is unfortunately equal to most other modes after release. "The next big thing" is what creates drought, neglect towards old systems, etc. I am not asking for DE to rework enemy scaling, the entire damage system, or the entire melee system. Those things are very difficult. However, reward systems in various modes are not impossible to look at. Kuva was my example because changing a single value could make the experience of rolling much more enjoyable.

Why is the mob right about this?

I think you should ask yourself if Digital Extremes is wrong. They are not exempt from making mistakes.

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Except that they are focused on the big releases and the money-making content they bring...and the new skins, which fall under the category of said content.

You can bring all the carb-loading humor you want and I’m not saying you don’t have a point, but economic reality dictates priority.

It’s a nice Idiom.

The implication wedged in "historically" is that there's a tried and true reason that shiny entertainment is usually paired with real sustenance. I don't believe that there is an economic reality here. I think what they're doing is a mistake, and if they don't work more on the meat and potatoes of the game it's eventually not going to matter how much Railjack and Plasmors they can pump out, or how many different costumes Shy can put on her giant wall of Mags. There's going to come a point where the glaring issues overwhelm new development and cosmetics.