Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission live on all Platforms!

[DE]Megan

It is suppose that now It should appear the missions I couldn't complete from the first week, due to changes made, but that doesn't work.

I left 3 missions (forma and both of orb vallis) because I didn't have much time on past weekend and I wanted to try the new system.

Is this a bug or something intented that I missunderstand?

solved when relogging4oBAYtD.jpg

On 2019-06-17 at 9:13 AM, Zelmen said:

The point of NW is to get people involved in all aspects of the game. This could lead players to trying something new they have been avoiding. Just because you made all the items and refuse to make a dirt cheap one doesn't mean it doesn't belong. Anyone who is complaining about this probably has all the mats for a mote amp collecting dust.

No, it isn't.

The entire point of Nightwave is to replace the Alert system with something else...because.  The because ranges from wanting "better" rewards, to a disappointing RNG based drop system, to supposedly thinking it would increase engagement.  All of the above has been suggested by DE at one point or another, but let's be real.  The point of Nightwave is to copy the systems and mechanics of a more successful game that attempts to create an F2P economy which is profitable.

If you missed that, it's Fortnite.  DE copied the seasons from Fortnite, without understanding why it mattered.  Let's look.

1) Fortnite pumps out content at a blistering pace.

2) Fortnite, at least Battle Royal, has a single focus and a few game modes.

3) Players and streamers create Fortnite's content and marketing.  

4) Seasons bouy content by having a reason for people to experience all of the mechanics of Fortnite.  Content churn is therefore minimized by having rewards for everything.

Where DE and Epic differ most are points 1 and 4.  DE has tried to leverage point 4, but failed.  They forced us to acknowledge the grind and frustrating nature of the game, instead of showing us something we might have been overlooking.  They did a better job of this with the sorties, where game modes and challenges rotate daily and there's an immediate reward for investment.

Point 1 is mind boggling.  When DE didn't even have nullifiers yet they understood point 1.  Content in a live service is the game.  They supported mediocre content drops by having regular events, and there was rarely a month without something new to play with.  We're half way through 2019, and there have been a couple of frames and less than a dozen new weapons.  The promise is bigger content bites...but that's led to Fortuna and PoE.  Buggy messes that might as well be Warframe giving up the Space Ninja angle and becoming a farming simulator for fish and rocks.  The boss battles...mostly work.  But the amount of patches to just get a functional mining laser was comically depressing.  Content that was required for Operator gear, that took more than a year before they gave us a means of earning besides non-core mini-games.  Imagine if you were playing a sport game and to access the best players you suddenly had to play plinko (game show game).  Theoretically the games were different content, but they were not fun when they aren't what you want to play.

Sigh, I could continue on.  The problem here is that DE forgot how to have an original idea, and they're now chasing trends.  PvP was a bust.  Open Worlds have proven to be largely bug fiestas.  Bizarro mini-games as core mechanics mean after getting rewards you never engage again, because they are not why you started in the first place.  All of this adds up to EA levels of just following trends and losing your identity.  Nightwave is emblematic of that, and hopefully DE is smart enough to shelve it after season 2.  Lord knows this intermission basically highlights that they can't get 10 weeks of content done in 10 weeks....so why even pretend?

Is there a reason why Nightwave doesn't start on a Sunday reset and end on a Sunday reset? I mean if DE controls the on/off switch why not give players the full week of challenges instead of starting it late in the week and ending it early? Or is DE just trying to cheat players by giving them less than the full 5 weeks to complete the Intermission?

To be fair, it was the same with Wolf credits as there was no reason to take them away and close the store if there was nothing to follow. Sure, the Nightwave ended but why not leave the store open and allow players extra time to spend their credits? Would it hve really been that bad to leave the store and credits available until the next Nightwave begins? All in all, Nightwave seems poorly designed and implemented by DE.

hopefully DE would extend the intermissions for at least one or two more week 😄 

also i herad rumors that season 2 will be delayed post tennocon so whynot 😄 

right now at rank 10 of intermission nightwave

i missed first week cuz we had eid celebration , and later by first week of july i'm going to be graduated from college lul 

On 2019-06-13 at 4:03 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Very good question!

There is no Prestige past Rank 15 in Intermission. Intermission is short, sweet, and simply an interim gap.

Series 2 will have Rank Prestige back.

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

At Rank 15, 10k/10k, I guess there isn't extra ranks after 15 for Nightwave creds this time?

On 2019-06-27 at 2:54 PM, Rawbeard said:

so what are we supposed to do until season 2 in a couple of weeks, or months? why are there no more ranks past 15 when you can be casually done by week 3?

You could do the stuff you did during the 5 years before DE created Nightwaves? I mean, I would be probably happier without the whole NW system...

В 25.06.2019 в 05:51, DeusInvidia21 сказал:

hopefully DE would extend the intermissions for at least one or two more week 😄 

also i herad rumors that season 2 will be delayed post tennocon so whynot 😄 

right now at rank 10 of intermission nightwave

i missed first week cuz we had eid celebration , and later by first week of july i'm going to be graduated from college lul 

for SURE they WONT extend it. Cause no reason to do this. I did all missions from 3 weeks in 2-3 days,from 0 to 15. If u cant do this - something wrong with u. Also - what the point of extending anything - anyway at any point there will be people who will ask for "extend more pls" 😃 

5 hours ago, Dthamilaye said:

You could do the stuff you did during the 5 years before DE created Nightwaves? I mean, I would be probably happier without the whole NW system...

We can't, cause that's what they used to replace alerts... During those 5+ years we had Alerts, now we don't, so we can't do the same things, not entirely.

Just curious, Why did you stop the standing at level 15? Maxed level 10K standing, with new objectives and already spent the creds i already got. I honestly expected it to end this week, especially since when i finished the last task (all caught up to this weeks) my actual standing is stuck at 10K on level 15 too bad no advancement past level 15

1 minute ago, crazyjr said:

Just curious, Why did you stop the standing at level 15? Maxed level 10K standing, with new objectives and already spent the creds i already got. I honestly expected it to end this week, too bad no advancement past level 15

It'll end on Friday... They SHOULD have had Prestige levels, yes, but this was always meant to be just a filler, and its working nicely as that...
The real issue isn't the 15 levels, or the standing, or the prestige on the Intermission... The issue is that they planned that poorly that they needed an intermission in the first place.

Just now, ReaverKane said:

It'll end on Friday... They SHOULD have had Prestige levels, yes, but this was always meant to be just a filler, and its working nicely as that...
The real issue isn't the 15 levels, or the standing, or the prestige on the Intermission... The issue is that they planned that poorly that they needed an intermission in the first place.

i understand that, but if they want engagement, this issue doesn't endorse any

Just now, crazyjr said:

i understand that, but if they want engagement, this issue doesn't endorse any

Like i said, the fact that Intermission exists is the issue.
Nightwave is a complete mess of poorly planned execution of a pretty good idea. And at the pace that they're implementing changes, we won't see a good iteration of Nightwave in 2020...
Its sad, because the community has outlined the problems since day one, but because the majority aren't articulate enough to point out every flaw, the majority complained about the most basic "peeves" they had, and instead of looking into the people giving feedback into the issues as a whole, what they took was "no friends, less ayatans, shorter missions". They didn't look at when people explained why long missions were a problem, as in, it's not their duration, it's the fact that its just busy work, without proper rewards, and the standing rewards were inconsistent, pretty much equating 3 ESO rounds - now 8- to a 60 minute no-life support Kuva survival. Did they listen to that?  No, they didn't because there's still a lot of inconsistent rewards.

That's the problem with large communities. Sadly the majority is not where you should look for feedback. Because, the average person isn't that smart, and by definition, half of us are below the average.

This new group of nightwave offerings really suck if you're already at 15 and wanted something from current offerings but spent nora creds in the previous offerings and being at rank 15 already no chance to get further nora creds to get stuff from current offering, NOT HAPPY JAN! though I do like the nightwave sort of, it's rollout needs some more thought for the players who can finish it easily. Yes I knew it didn't go past 15 being only an Intermission

Edit: Just to add I had already finished Nightwave Intermission before the current (Weekly Acts refreshes in 4d 16h) were added.

People out here complaining intermission didn't offer enough, I'm just sitting here pleased with myself for getting all the way to the ephemera this time even though I only got halfway through Wolf.

My only real complaint with NW is the acts that require Cetus and Fortuna standing. I need like 6 days of dedicated grinding to my daily cap of bounties for both places just to gild an item, and in the case of Cetus, to be able to buy bait for rare fish.

2 hours ago, EstiMoondust said:

New math? 6+6 = 10

NEWMATH.png

Yeah it seems like its capping at Rank 15 and not going further than that, 
It is different than Season 1.

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

People out here complaining intermission didn't offer enough, I'm just sitting here pleased with myself for getting all the way to the ephemera this time even though I only got halfway through Wolf.

My only real complaint with NW is the acts that require Cetus and Fortuna standing. I need like 6 days of dedicated grinding to my daily cap of bounties for both places just to gild an item, and in the case of Cetus, to be able to buy bait for rare fish.

Yeah, people always complain about free stuff.

13 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

Yeah it seems like its capping at Rank 15 and not going further than that, 
It is different than Season 1.

Yeah, people always complain about free stuff.

Wasn't complaining about free stuff, just saying there was no way to advance beyond level 15,. I agree with you, they could easily have just not had it. But if engagement is what they want, capping the level is not the thing to do.

On 2019-06-12 at 9:03 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Nightwave: Intermission is now live on all platforms until July 5th at 11:59 PM ET. 

This ended hours before it was originally claimed to end. I wasn't massively affected (I lost the last-minute/last-hours chance to emergency-spend nora cred once I arrived home from work last night, but I don't really need anything from her cred store). Just stayed up a few minutes later and went a bit mopey about the store closing unexpectedly early. Woe is me.

There were definitely others who thought this post was accurate though, people who don't necessarily have a cargo hold full of potatoes & alertium.

Keeping the store open for the indicated time would have been on-point.

P.S. I rarely post anything so want to append with this so as to not upset DE's self image(because they care!): DE Team, you still make an unusually awesome game company. And game company product!

Archived