Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Revisit

DeMonkey

so I am enjoying this version of WuKong---  more so because I have been away from the game for over a year.

What I really want to get now is the damned deluxe skin I keep seeing.  

1) is it legit?

2) when is it incoming to the game.

that's all=)

very good work on Wukong

Its crazy to think that 2 of my top frames Im  playing are pretty major figure heads from Chinese Mythology! ( one the Monkey King's enemies- Nehza)

Edited by Lupgarou

19 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I disagree, somewhat. I've been running without flow, without energise, without high efficiency and relying on hunter adrenaline for energy at high level. Works well as long as enemies can actually hit you, using Decaying key for even easier energy.

Yeah, Adrenaline does wonders on higher levels, but it also hardly ever does anything on lower ones. And without flow you're kinda screwed on energy reduction sorties, or when you have an energy leech eximus hanging around that you can't easily get to.

I genereally try to make my builds in a way that requires as little adjusting depending on conditions as possible, so I just don't really like going this way with him.  Maybe if DE increases his base energy pool with his prime I'll find it more appealing.

1 minute ago, vFlitz said:

Yeah, Adrenaline does wonders on higher levels, but it also hardly ever does anything on lower ones. And without flow you're kinda screwed on energy reduction sorties, or when you have an energy leech eximus hanging around that you can't easily get to.

Oh I know, I have different builds for different levels. I mean, with 3 Wukongs and 9 available build slots it's not super difficult to make early game and late game builds. :laugh:

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I disagree, somewhat. I've been running without flow, without energise, without high efficiency and relying on hunter adrenaline for energy at high level. Works well as long as enemies can actually hit you, using Decaying key for even easier energy.

My current build can only fit rage and p flow in.  Should I still be fine energy wise?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

My current build can only fit rage and p flow in.  Should I still be fine energy wise?

If you're running higher level content, Sorties or Mot tier stuff, then you should be. 

As I said I haven't even been running with flow, just his basic 180 energy, and I've been alright. Can't Cloudwalk as much as I'd like, but I always have access to it when I need it. Would definitely recommend experimenting, we'll all have different tolerances for how much we want to cast and how much energy we want.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

If you're running higher level content, Sorties or Mot tier stuff, then you should be. 

As I said I haven't even been running with flow, just his basic 180 energy, and I've been alright. Can't Cloudwalk as much as I'd like, but I always have access to it when I need it. Would definitely recommend experimenting, we'll all have different tolerances for how much we want to cast and how much energy we want.

Good to know.  Just curious because I formaed him ahead of time since the build has been in cert for a bit.  I only have 2 forma in him atm since I don't have access to his 4's augment.  Just wanted to know if i'd need to go with another forma or not.  Thanks for the response.

Wukong's rework is overall fun, but I think he could do with more streamlined Defy. Not everytime you will have enough incoming damage to cap Wukong's Defy, even on higher level because asides from Grineer; Corpus and Corrupted cannot reliably hit you due to them needing time to maximize accuracy, and Infested enemies will most often have Disruptor Aura which depletes your energy near-instantly if you get hit (even when charging up Defy).

In edge cases like this Defy will only result in 50 armor. I think Defy should have a minimal buff of 300 armor to give it better floor usability in general. Discounting Wukong's armor, this would give him at least 50% DR which won't entirely make the ability useless on floor level, but also give him some degree of base survivability against Corpus, Corrupted and most prominently Infested.

Edited by NaoEthelia

Just now, Chewarette said:

If you're not getting hit, 50 or 3 billion Armor is approximately the same

Why not timing your Defy more efficiently to use it when you know you're gonna get hit ?

This is impossible with Infested. 99% of the time, enemies are covered in Disruptor aura, and enemies covered in it will drain your energy upon hitting. Defy however, also requires enemies to hit you to charge your own armor. This means that while you can charge your Defy regardless, you will be letting your enemies drain your energy to zero every time.

2 minutes ago, NaoEthelia said:

This is impossible with Infested. 99% of the time, enemies are covered in Disruptor aura, and enemies covered in it will drain your energy upon hitting. Defy however, also requires enemies to hit you to charge your own armor. This means that while you can charge your Defy regardless, you will be letting your enemies drain your energy to zero every time.

Is the Ancient Disruptor invincible or something ?

11 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Is the Ancient Disruptor invincible or something ?

Finding them is as obnoxious as finding an Energy Leech. Ancient Disruptors also spawn much more frequently than the former. You can be assured that you will have a hard time trying to strip enemies off their disruptor aura because they always respawn in no time.

Edited by NaoEthelia

Just imo, its a waste of time to use against Infested because by the time they're close enough to start Defy, they're also in stick range, which means they could just be dead. I only ever use it with ranged enemies nearby, assuming I'm either solo or the group is very spread out like in a survival. After all if you aren't taking damage, you don't need the extra armor.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

In higher end missions if you have a fair bit of strength all you need is a few shots to hit you for full 1500 armor.  in lower content the armor isn't really needed.  I'm honestly not seeing the problem.

Infested is the problem here unfortunately. To copy-paste my previous post: 99% of the time, enemies are covered in Disruptor aura, and enemies covered in it will drain your energy upon hitting. Defy however, also requires enemies to hit you to charge your own armor. This means that while you can charge your Defy regardless, you will be letting your enemies drain your energy to zero every time.

Making Defy's minimum armor be 300 would be a fair "insurance" in cases where its just not viable to have enemies hit you. 

Edited by NaoEthelia

4 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

Infested is the problem here unfortunately. To copy-paste my previous post: 99% of the time, enemies are covered in Disruptor aura, and enemies covered in it will drain your energy upon hitting. Defy however, also requires enemies to hit you to charge your own armor. This means that while you can charge your Defy regardless, you will be letting your enemies drain your energy to zero every time.

Making Defy's minimum armor be 300 would be a fair "insurance" in cases where its just not viable to have enemies hit you. 

I guess that means you can rely on defy in that circumstance.

If the condition of fighting infested puts you at such a disadvantage, perhaps you should use another frame.

Using the cloud to get around then breaking the cloud to attack, defy some, then going back to the cloud, and then out to attack, and repeating this loop, is more fun than I'd expected. Never thought the day would come that I would say that I am glad they kept Cloud Walker and gave it enough QoL improvements to make it amazing. It's like a new way to play warframe that's not bullet jumping everywhere. 

On 2019-06-22 at 4:50 PM, vFlitz said:

Proposed changes: Seeing as this ability, along with Iron Staff, is the most characteristic thing about Wukong now, I’d suggest expanding its options and making it more like Venari. Have the clone be active from the get go, if he dies you can either wait out a timer before he comes back or spend energy to resummon him instantly. On ability button hold, have him cycle between having melee, primary or secondary equipped, as well as a stealth/inactive mode, in which he could either disappear entirely or stealth himself and slowly move between enemies to blind them, without causing an uproar. Other than that, at the very least I’d like for melee AI to be improved and Adaptation (and maybe arcanes?) fixed.

Definitely. A "charging" period where he absorbs damage (like iron skin or saryn's molt) could help alot with survivability too.

11 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I guess that means you can rely on defy in that circumstance.

If the condition of fighting infested puts you at such a disadvantage, perhaps you should use another frame.

I agree 2000000% with this. If you want armour while also playing against infested, just hop in the mission with Rhino and you're good

I also noticed the OP said that finding the Disruptor is difficult. It really isn't. Just look for the giant glowing maggot in the crowd that is literally taller than any other infested unit that isn't a boss/semi-boss

On 2019-06-23 at 12:53 PM, DeMonkey said:

*Laughs in 15 forma*

Damn, and here I'd thought I'd gone a bit overboard with 8.  I could totally see 15 though with enough experimenting; I would've been 6 if I'd settled on the final build beforehand.

Speaking of, what actually is your build for Nukong?  I'm endlessly curious.

Mine's here:

Spoiler

d4taCI8.png

Spoiler

DIWD8el.png

It's been working really well.  I'm all but unkillable, with radiation-driven teamkilling being basically the only time I even proc my passive, let alone die, and with the stick out, I can easily murder the crap out of anything sub-150 (and going by trends, I could likely continue to easily murder anything 150+, but I haven't been bored enough to push a mission that long yet).

I've been considering swapping Streamline for Augur Secrets, for the extra stick damage, but I like cheap Cloudwalker and Defy a bit too much to do so.