Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have Nightwave

Althaline

From zero nitain  at the start of nw. It takes 525 credits to get the 175 nitain you currently need for everything. 

300 from wolf without prestige. 

75 extra wolfcred I believe from a 24hr devstream alert

200 from intermission.

And 15 nitain from the two weekends before intermission. So knock off 45 credits.

Seems we are 50 over already.

That's less than 129 days (imagine playing around long enough to get almost 2 nitain a day on old alerts) to complete any and all progression locked with nitain. Not that any absolutely new person needs it done that fast at all. So they have plenty of credits to spend on a aura or two and a helm and doubt they will be hurting on nitain any time soon anyway getting even half of what's needed.

And potatoes. Invasions still gave them. Gifts of the lotus, and the rank rewards 

6 forma, 1 aura forma, 1 umbra forma, 2 catalyst, 1 reactor, those several slots that haven't been in alerts before. in ranks

2 forma, 5 catalyst, 6 reactors from invasions which last quite a bit longer than any alert.

And it seems 8 catalyst, 1 reactor from gifts of lotus.

That's a decent amount of free stuff in the last 4 months if you actually play at all 

Potato alerts happened about 2 and rarely 3 times a month for a hour at God know what time. They were a unicorn to be available when you could play. Don't pretend so much was lost. They could offer 1 or 2 more ranks with a potato, maybe. But the vast majority of players over a year of play will be sinking credits in extra potatoes anyway for lack of anything better. That's a good 6 or 7 more of your choice every ~4 months. Better than any practical alert attendance ratio. Maybe 5 if there is a new frames alt helm, because why not. Not like you will play it over your meta frame after mastering it.

But... it's nice to have.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Not really. I prefer having something to do. 

I always have something to do. I don't always want to do it, but there's always something needing done. 

The NW intermission...I initially ignored it (no umbral forma), but then decided I wanted another aura forma, so it went on the schedule and was finished at my convenience. That's the whole point of it. 

Sure, it's a relief when you get what you want and can go back to whatever passes as your normal schedule. However, it is something to do and it did have something I had some use for. So, why not?

• Like 1

I agree with you totally, I used to play WF on a daily basis, then the new grindy no fun to play nightwave acts replaced the quick alert system that was successful for 6 years. I played it at first - did every little thing of the stupid acts, that I did not really want to do. I soon found out that I would have to do the same stupid acts over and over and over and over and over again with less rewards - so I just stopped doing them - and soon thereafter I stopped to login at all. 

I am just checking the forums of any sings that the Anthem team have finally come to their senses and brought back the quick alert system instead.

I mean the DE team... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I agree with you totally, I used to play WF on a daily basis, then the new grindy no fun to play nightwave acts replaced the quick alert system that was successful for 6 years. I played it at first - did every little thing of the stupid acts, that I did not really want to do. I soon found out that I would have to do the same stupid acts over and over and over and over and over again with less rewards - so I just stopped doing them - and soon thereafter I stopped to login at all. 

I am just checking the forums of any sings that the Anthem team have finally come to their senses and brought back the quick alert system instead.

I mean the DE team... 

if i have to be honest, i would rather do challenges, instead of waiting for an alert that doesn't have what you need most of the time.

Also, it's funny you brought the fact that you have to do the same acts with less rewards (which is kinda justified), because alerts had the same rewards, except they were cycled (and most of them were either Endo or just credits), as well as being placed on different planets (which meaned that if there was an alert you wanted, but the planet or node wasn't unlocked, you couldn't go there at all). And unless it was stuff like potatoes or nitain extract (which dropped every 4 hours, so you had to log in before the alert was gone), most of the alerts were just fodder.

Also, even if there were the acts, joining helps, considering that the daily reward is a good thing.

Edited by BombtailsTheFox

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I mean the DE team... 

Might as well just stop checking entirely since your only "feedback" is to delete the system and return a fully rng system. Sorry you feel like you had a gun to your head, but that's on you. I can't convince you with facts and calculations why nightwave is better because you already convinced yourself that it's awful. My only advice for you is to rip the bandaid off. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Same, but more so directed at your post.

If you hover the mouse over my username, you'll see a magical option that lets you do so! 

I know searching things can be hard, so I'll even show you a visual guide to help. <3

6dLaSCJ.png

Ta-dah! All is now better in little Demon Intellect's world. See? Easy. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca
oof. got your username wrong.

12 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I had quite the opposite feeling

When I logged in Sunday night with a set of ten challenges but was already rank 15, I just knew I was going to be doing them all anyway. Not because I wanted to, but because I had nothing better to do

That's not a good thing. It's sad that anyone would have to resort to doing something in a game because they have nothing better to do in that game. But I was the same way until I decided to just stop playing Warframe. It wasn't fun to me. I put up with the game's rather boring gameplay (to me) and lack of quality (imo) for a variety of reasons, including liking the aesthetic of Warframe and generally liking Excal's ability set. But the core gameplay experience wasn't fun for me. I didn't enjoy running around maps because I didn't like the animations or the way the character moved or the parkour system. I found core gunplay experience boring. I didn't like the story, wasn't a big fan of the music or sound design, and wasn't particularly fond of the environment design (most of the tilesets felt too small scale to me). I wasn't a fan of any of the archwing stuff or the PvP modes. And with the post-POE art direction, which I'm not a fan of, and the design of DE's open worlds (including Eidolon and Orb fights), and their general approach to game design, I couldn't put up with it any longer. I wanted to see some improvements to the core gameplay experience, including the way guns handle, the core movement (running, sprinting, walking) and melee animations, and the way archwings handle. But that never happened. So instead of finding things to do in Warframe "because I had nothing better to do", I just walked away. I started putting more time into games that I actually do enjoy playing, not for their rewards or to complete task to pass the time, but simply because I find their core gameplay to be fun.

See, that's the real issue here. It isn't Nightwave. Nightwave is just a set of tasks to complete that offer rewards. The real issue is that the people who don't enjoy Nightwave (myself included) really don't enjoy the gameplay. When you don't enjoy the gameplay, then completing certain tasks is a chore. And so, you're making an already poor gameplay experience (for those who don't enjoy the gameplay) worse by making it grindy and tedious. So it's not that removing Nightwave would make the game better. For those who don't like Nightwave, only a change in the gameplay experience would make something like Nightwave enjoyable. Otherwise, any system that replaces Nightwave, whether it's the old alerts or any other system, would still be something that we do because there is nothing better to do. That's because it's not something you're doing for fun. You're doing it because that's the thing the game is telling you to do. And when you can't find something better to do in the game, then you do whatever the game is telling you to do. And when what the game is telling you to do is time-limited, that becomes the priority. So it's the best thing for you to do in the game. And when you're really not enjoying the game, there's nothing better to do than Nightwave.

When your time spent in a game is doing stuff because you have nothing better to do, then that suggests you aren't playing for fun but to pass the time. I can't speak for you, though. I can't tell you why you are playing or should play Warframe. I just hope that one day, Warframe gets to a place where I can come back to the game and enjoy it simply because I find the gameplay experience to be fun.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

58 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

If you hover the mouse over my username, you'll see a magical option that lets you do so! 

I know searching things can be hard, so I'll even show you a visual guide to help. ❤️

6dLaSCJ.png

Ta-dah! All is now better in little Demon Intellect's world. See? Easy. 

I'm not even sure what the #*!% you're talking about. Believe it or not a lot of people actually use magical devices called "Cellular Phones" to get on websites. It's a hot new trend. Maybe you should look into it.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

I'm not even sure what the #*!% you're talking about. Believe it or not a lot of people actually use magical devices called "Cellular Phones" to get on websites. It's a hot new trend. Maybe you should look into it.

Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to see less of me posting. I just showed you how to do it. 

But hey, comprehension's not your strong point. Keep at it. I'm sure you'll get it one day. :) 

13 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

It would be a nice feeling, not having to read the same posts again and again, that I just felt like I should share it with you too. 

So someone's MAKING you read these? Because unless someone is MAKING you read them, you don't HAVE TO do anything at all, including complain.

Edited by (PS4)whoistimjones

hope they'll give us back prestige for nightwave2 and every intermission after. Not like I really need additional potatoes or nitain, but at least it feels like I'm getting something from doing these "challenges".

Also add forma to evergreen rewards tyvm DE.

55 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to see less of me posting. I just showed you how to do it. 

But hey, comprehension's not your strong point. Keep at it. I'm sure you'll get it one day. 🙂

Nah it's more fun to see someone who can only whine and then claims everyone else is salty.

15 hours ago, MorradiX said:

Here is a thought...during the next nightwave,just dont look at it......then you can play how you want and not "worry" about anything......

And those of us that have no issues with it can go about our business as well  😄

There is a flaw with your logic you can't ignore nightwave while playing the game. You will complete challenges even if you didn't want to. And to attempt not to would require you to acknowledge its presence and play around not completing the challenges. I'm sure there is someone crazy enough to do this for fun and they'd deserve a medal for the sheer determination to make it work. 

12 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Bruh. Just...log in, build a Forma, do a couple fissures, see if you fancy doing the day’s Sortie, then log off. Play some Persona or Minecraft or something.

I think you misunderstand, it's not like I'm burnt out on Warframe or anything. But if I've got a page full of unclimbed mountains uncompleted Nightwave challenges...

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I think you misunderstand, it's not like I'm burnt out on Warframe or anything. But if I've got a page full of unclimbed mountains uncompleted Nightwave challenges...

You mean the unclimbed mountains that many players manage to complete most of in a couple of hours over the course of a couple days? 

I think that you're probably confusing "mountain" and "molehill". 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean the unclimbed mountains that many players manage to complete most of in a couple of hours over the course of a couple days? 

I think that you're probably confusing "mountain" and "molehill". 

And I think you're projecting

19 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

It would be a nice feeling, not having to read the same posts again and again, that I just felt like I should share it with you too. 

You go ahead and point out any other nightwave threads that aren’t about technical issues.

If you just want to be a moody troll why even respond to people?