Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am not sure if I like the direction WF is going.

49 minutes ago, k05h said:

This. 

I found Railjack visually impressive but I am not in the market for a space shooter with energy micro management in batte. 

I will not drop Warframe entirely but probably ignore Railjack like I already ignore Conclave/Lunaro or Ventkids standing.

Railjack looks a bit of a mess to me, i mean it's all over the place and kinda forces heavily in cooperation but only 1 player seems to be engaged while the others are doing other stuff that seem unnecessary and boring. It seems allot is happening but when divided by 4 it's not, and it feels slow.

31 minutes ago, Navhkrin said:

Im playing since very closed alpha, before this forums even existed, and Warframe was never a game that contained itself with keywords. Warframe was never "mindless action game" ever.

Warframe has always been a game about ambitions, about growing bigger and bigger. Its direction was, and has always been, getting bigger and more ambitious. Over the years, they have always tried to make the game bigger in various ways, some of them failed and got removed, others worked and stayed. But warframe was always in motion, it never limited itself with such genres.

That is what makes warframe so exciting, you never know what future holds, but you do know that it is going to be pretty amazing. If you want a mindless action game, im sorry but warframe is really not that, was never that.

Exactly. I don’t see the “rushed” or “mess” some are talking about with this new content. The fluid nature of warframe is why I love it so much. Those complaining are probably the same people who would lose their minds with parkour 1.0, original melee or super jump lol 

OP, Reserve judgement for the actual content when released rather than folding arms and stomping feet over a game that is at it core a boundary pusher.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atekron said:

yeah, they did say emporium will consolidate and unify warframe experience, but what hey show to us is terrifying construction with tons of moving parts, separate set of missions, "tenno reinforcement" that will never work in real situation, third or whatever reincarnation of "kingpin system",  honestly it looks bad, rushed and boring

Steve did call PoE and Orb "islands", but that's also "island", probably even worse - "archwing 2.0" or "lunaro 2.0"

This.

11 hours ago, Medowiemauler said:

Its not mandatory to do any of those things. You can still just do the mindless action stuff.

I don't agree with you here. If you don't participate in any of those things your progress (MR) takes a huge hit due to the rather noticeable number of weapons that require resources from those activities. You would also be locking yourself out of some Warframes like Gara and Garuda as well.  You can still buy them with plat though. 

On topic: I do like where WF is going. It feels like the journey to get to the Sentients homeworld and the Void is something we'll be taking part of and Railjack is how you get there. Giant space battles go hand in hand with massive intergalactic invasions.

I just hope they don't neglect some other things that are pending. They didn't even mention:

- The 3rd Orb fight. 

- Melee 3.0.

- The ESO rework. 

- The updated Trials/Raids.

- Enemy scaling.

11 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

Hopefully BL3 can replace WF for me.

personally I'll be playing both, but as I've been into BL2 again recently, the combat feels a lot slower, and there's a lot less going on. it's still fun of course, but not super insanely intense. plus you can only use one power, with a cooldown.

my main hope with Empyrean/Railjack is for it to finally get the Archwing controls done right. all the previous systems have failed to keep me and it seems many others interested in space combat. if there's ever a time Archwing is going to reach it's full potential, it's with Empyrean/Railjack. if it doesn't work out this time, then there's no fixing it.

Is it not what some players have been asking for though?

I may be wrong, but just look at “DE, please” threads and feedback topics, and compare it to incoming content.

Railjack looks like a clan activity. New game mechanics, new horizons to explore, a little bit of something to do for every type of player. Threads about clans being useless have been floating around for some time. It is also seem... Well, not a raid like, but something that can become a foundation for new raids. Oh and call for help looks like a nascent group finder.

Kingpin system is a reoccurring assassin that is supposed to be personal and dangerous. Hello, all those “Stalker is a joke, buff Grustrag, Zanuka is weak” threads!

New War is a story, new enemies and perhaps a way to kill/save Lotus. Enough said.

Duviry Paradox is a grown up Operator for every player who hates whiny kid and another quest. With lots of gorgeous mind bending visuals that is one of the cornerstones of Warframe.

It is so easy to say what you personally do not like (and I am saying this seriously). It is much harder to explain what you want. It is even harder to add it to game in a year. And it is almost impossible to implement it without annoying a third of the player base.

So many of the “DE, do it” threads are like: “My black caviar must be of a correct temperature, it must be of a same size and it must pop at exactly same time. And it is your job to make it happen”. No wonder that we are getting what we are getting ;).

Edited by rand0mname
Typos
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of merging squads for different objectives... but what happens if no one wants to do the other objective(s)...not to mention DE haven't managed to master host migrations yet so....

This seemed like pointless complication to me. The squads won't interact, there's barely any interaction between members of the same squad today. 

And then there is me, who plays mostly solo... jeeeeeeezus I don't want to see the farming I will HAVE TO DO to be able to try the new content...

also F nightwave and the constant 3 forma and gild missions...

Just sounds like another "I'm leaving facebook" post from back in the day... If you wanna leave, do, that's perfectly fine.

But if you're there to just say "fix this and that" without giving ideas, and to make a senseless over-simplistic comparison to the flavor-of-the-month game, that's just weak, soooo weak.

And don't get me wrong, I love the BL series, but it doesn't make any sense to bring it there. If you were to compare wf to destiny or anthem, that would still be a pathetic argument, but at least it would have made kinda sense to compare those.

So yeah, if you don't have anything to say beyond that, just keep it to yourself. If you don't like the game, that's fine, your tastes, not a single problem, but don't be that guy, that's just sad.

PS: not even saying destiny and anthem are bad games (I think it tho), just saying that X game will replace or be better than Y game has always been an empty argument, so rarely applicable and almost never true, unless for 2 games of the same dev ofc.

Edited by Fallen77

Sometimes I wonder, how many of us just play for the fun of it? I mean, the gameplay is excellent, faced paced and tactical... I've stopped farming mindlessly and obsessively but still enjoy the game. Oh well, to each his own I guess. 👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

I start play WF as a fast mindless action combat game. I already do not like the fishing , mining and animals capture. This spaceship stuff seem so out of place with the core gameplay.

I wish DE would spend more time finishing melee 3.0 and fixing the scaling problem.

I started playing Warframe for the same reasons...

I find the spaceship fitting to the game, but not to my gaming playstyle, if no meaningful content is tied to it, I'll be fine, I'll just keep doing normal/old content and let others enjoy the new content. 

And yup, if BL3 meets your needs, don't hold back.

12 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

I start play WF as a fast mindless action combat game. I already do not like the fishing , mining and animals capture. This spaceship stuff seem so out of place with the core gameplay.

I wish DE would spend more time finishing melee 3.0 and fixing the scaling problem.

Are you trying to say space stuff feels out of place in a free game about space ninjas with space magic? Strange feeling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Same.. when they showed off railjack it didn't interest me at all, turned the TV off and went to bed. If I want space fights I pick on of the dozen games that're specialized in it.

It's weird that DE tries to press the game into every existing category, but don't even finish what they started.

I really think about just ignoring railjack completely, it's definitely not something I look forward to.

But knowing DE they will probably put mandatory stuff behind it, so guess I'm #*!%ed.

I'm being serious here because I very much am where are the modern space fight and flight games because I am genuinely interested. I've only ever come across elite dangerous but doesn't have the boardings or real potential for the squad bases stuff and isn't a whole lot better than NMS when it comes to it, other than that games like decent haven't had a new title in over a decade. Please recommend!

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125 said:

Are you trying to say space stuff feels out of place in a free game about space ninjas with space magic? Strange feeling

What he probably meant that it started as a game about space ninjas running down corridors and mowing down enemies, not as space ship simulation? Dunno. Also the game being free or not probably has nothing to do with it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

personally I'll be playing both,

Me too. I'll never understand the "replacement" attitude. Especially the replacement of a free evolving game like WF, with an $60 AAA game that will inevitably be finite. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125 said:

I'm being serious here because I very much am where are the modern space fight and flight games because I am genuinely interested. I've only ever come across elite dangerous but doesn't have the boardings or real potential for the squad bases stuff and isn't a whole lot better than NMS when it comes to it, other than that games like decent haven't had a new title in over a decade. Please recommend!

Its not released yet, and wont be in early access until late this year according to the Devs, but look up “StarBase”. I just discovered it recently as a fellow space game consumer and found it to be something akin to what ive been wanting  

1 hour ago, Noir_CZ said:

What he probably meant that it started as a game about space ninjas running down corridors and mowing down enemies, not as space ship simulation? Dunno. Also the game being free or not probably has nothing to do with it.

Railjack is what the team at DE has wanted from the start. Theyve talked about their original plans for Dark Sector being a co op game where you fly around your own vessel hunting bounties and missions (sound familiar) but due to tech limitation and publisher constraints they were unable to do that. 

Even with railjack, you can still be the space ninja running down corridors. Just be part of the boarding crew. Personally Ill stay at the railjack helm, because I f***ing love flying anything. 

Also i laugh every time I imagine a grineer boarding my ship and finding my atlas in the cracking his knuckles like “what are you doing on MY ship!”

• Like 3

After so many hours of mindless slaughter it gets boring.  New warframes/weapons only satiate that for a small time.  DE was inevitably going to have to expand on things to do if they wanted Warframe to stay relevant.  As a long time veteran of the game i'm very excited with where DE has been going and continues to go. There are many reasons i'm hyped about railjack but the biggest for me is how there are roles and objectives to do during each railjack outing.  It's no longer just "make enemies irrelevant."  I wish the base game could be this way too.  But for now i'm more than content with this addition.  I hope it's as important as they say and thus i'm doing railjack all the time.  Not just farming it till I've gotten what I wanted and ditching it like basically every other addition this game has ever added.

• Like 2

They mentioned NPC crew which you can hire and fire for the ship.

I won't be surprised if they eventually let us hire NPC gunners and security team for people who wanna do Empyrean solo. Or some of these duties are given to Specters and Umbra. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

15 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

I am not sure if I like the direction WF is going.

Neither am I. That's why I choose to reserve judgment until I am sure that I don't like it. 

Seems like a more sensible course of action to me, than getting worked up about something that I'm not sure about. 

Remember:

perialbedrooms-you-should-never-never-do