Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am not sure if I like the direction WF is going.

I start play WF as a fast mindless action combat game. I already do not like the fishing , mining and animals capture. This spaceship stuff seem so out of place with the core gameplay.

I wish DE would spend more time finishing melee 3.0 and fixing the scaling problem.

Hopefully BL3 can replace WF for me.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

I start play WF as a fast mindless action combat game. I already do not like the fishing , mining and animals capture. This spaceship stuff seem so out of place with the core gameplay.

I wish DE would spend more time finishing melee 3.0 and fixing the scaling problem.

I agree with you 

• Like 1

I've said repeatedly that Warframe often feels more like a mad science experiment than a focused and polished experience. This is par for the course, and has its pros and cons.

It is what it is. If you prefer a game hew more closely to their core gameplay, there are plenty of other games that do that. Meanwhile, Dr. Sinclairstein and co. will do what they do and keep experimenting.

• Like 6

Got to be honest, I'm kind of with the OP... the game is kind of going so far outside of what brought me in I'm not sure it's going to 'keep me'.... it's also becoming a bit 'jack of all trades, master of none'...

All I saw in the video demo, was a slow moving ship which is going to have a huge amount of farming (I saw at least one new resource, titanium, in the demo) needed to upgrade/upkeep, apart from travelling to destinations (which in itself seemed slow) the rest could basically be done 'faster' in archwing. To me it just didn't seem to have a 'reason' for being added because if I wanted to play a 'spaceship battle' game there are games better suited to it than warframe. 

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of merging squads for different objectives... but what happens if no one wants to do the other objective(s)...not to mention DE haven't managed to master host migrations yet so....

I also have a fear that this will be 'ignored content' where it gets a new fancy upgrade and then basically nothing is done for a long time after. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

I agree with you 

Of course you do...

anyway, it’s their game, so they’re free to take it wherever they want. If you can’t stick with it then the base game is still here for you, if that’s not enough then move on 

• Like 3

I agree with you aside from the borderlands thing. The devs love going in random directions and putting ton of resources into things that sometimes fail to deliver on the hype that was promised. When archwing was first revealed people were losing their minds flipping out and now archwing has become kind of a meme even after numerous attempts to try and refine it and revamp the movement and gameplay. I could see railjack being the same thing where it launches as something sort of fun for a little while and then just fades off. The only good thing is that all of the underlying technology and systems with the squad link and kuva commander can be applied separate from railjack if it fails to deliver. 

Just now, GinKenshin said:

Of course you do...

anyway, it’s their game, so they’re free to take it wherever they want. If you can’t stick with it then the base game is still here for you, if that’s not enough then move on 

I’m here til the end my friend   Thanks for the advice 

I don't really see the disconnect if you just wanna hack and slash. Make friends with someone who likes the management aspects of creating and customizing their own ship. Sign onto their crew for missions as the Strike Tenno who lainches themselves onto enemy ships and mindlessly hacks and slashes them up. Win-win.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

Just cut them some slack, this is all Long term stuff, it's not like we are getting this all in the next month and that other parts of the game won't be touched. Either way it's not like you are forced to do all of this stuff, it is all optional additional content for the majority of us that do enjoy this stuff. DE is specfically trying to make the space combat mesh with the rest of the game, that was practically the whole point of the showcase. It won't just be another game mode, it will work together with the rest of the games gameplay systems. You don't just fly a ship, there are numerous stuff do do within those very same space combat missions. Either way if you don't enjoy it just stick to the core shootty mcbangbang gameplay, not like it is going away.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Cerebrum123 said:

I've been hoping for something like this since they announced Orbiters way back in the day. I just wish they had given an ETA for Empyrean. 

I’ve been reading in a variety of places that is could be coming this month for PC. I agree with you, I’ve been waiting for them to really put the “space” in space ninja too.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

Probably the worst bait of 2019.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

They've added ways to skip farming and incentivise killing lately. Fortuna has exploiter and PoE has thumper. Each are better than farming for bulk mats. Animal capture is dumb fun at best. Nothing is exclusively tied to it beyond "beanie baby" floofs. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I’ve been reading in a variety of places that is could be coming this month for PC. I agree with you, I’ve been waiting for them to really put the “space” in space ninja too.

That would be cool. We know the new war is supposed to be out by Christmas, but I dont know what's planned between now and then. Last year we got the sacrifice and then fortuna dropped in November. So that is 2 big things for 2018, and we've had no big quests or open worlds so far for 2019. I'm not really sure if the Jupiter rework is big enough to count.

yeah, they did say emporium will consolidate and unify warframe experience, but what hey show to us is terrifying construction with tons of moving parts, separate set of missions, "tenno reinforcement" that will never work in real situation, third or whatever reincarnation of "kingpin system",  honestly it looks bad, rushed and boring

Steve did call PoE and Orb "islands", but that's also "island", probably even worse - "archwing 2.0" or "lunaro 2.0"

• Like 2

I didn't like where Warframe was going after Parkour 2.0 dropped but you know what, you get some you lose some. At the expense of losing the old combat system of Warframe, we got everything we have now and are going to get. For me, it's a fair trade off. Plus Warframe is free to play, you aren't exactly losing anything here by giving the game a shot or dropping it.

BL3 looks pretty lit though.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)solartorch81:

This spaceship stuff seem so out of place with the core gameplay.

This. 

I found Railjack visually impressive but I am not in the market for a space shooter with energy micro management in batte. 

I will not drop Warframe entirely but probably ignore Railjack like I already ignore Conclave/Lunaro or Ventkids standing.

I have been playing since very closed alpha, before this forums even existed, and Warframe was never a game that contained itself with keywords. Warframe was never "mindless action game" ever.

Warframe has always been a game about ambitions, about growing bigger and bigger. Its direction was, and has always been that. Over the years, they have always tried to update the game in various ways, some of them failed and got removed, others worked and stayed. But warframe was always in motion, it never limited itself with such genres.

That is what makes warframe so exciting, you never know what future holds, but you do know that it is going to be pretty amazing. If you want a mindless action game, im sorry but warframe is really not that, was never that.

Edited by Navhkrin
  • Like 4