Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Elite Weekly: Exterminate without being detected

Nok-Rntha

Hello, fellow Nightwave enthusiasts.
The elite weekly is a bit unclear about what detection means in this context. Usually, being detected automatically means enemies become alerted. Hell, stealth is practically impossible without alerting anyone, as every single enemy that you kill stealthily has to let out a deathly growl, alerting the whole tile. That or they notice their comrade fly across the room.

In reality, as long as enemies don't shoot back or let out their alert voice queue, you're fine.
OZp15bA.png

I recommend the node Narcissus on Neptune, as it can have some really large and open spaces and is fairly easy. Any frame that can stay invisible as long as possible is good, but my personal pick is Loki with a Dread modded for Crit and Viral.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Nok-Rntha

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sure it's not really "no alarm"?  I just ran through Oxomoco with Nezha, guns blazing, and got credit for it.

That's a bug then as that is how it worked last time this challenge came up and I remember seeing something in the patch notes just after saying that enemies being alerted should now fail the mission.

The nightwave weekly is different than the riven challenge that has the "same" requirements.

It just requires you to go through a level 30 or higher exterminate without the alarms being raised.
Oxomoco on the void manages to do this automatically as the void simply doesn't have any alarms for the enemy to raise, so you can do that one in any frame without having to worry at all.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shalath said:

That's a bug then as that is how it worked last time this challenge came up and I remember seeing something in the patch notes just after saying that enemies being alerted should now fail the mission.

Do you recall which patch?  I want to see the exact wording.

Definitely still working yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Do you recall which patch?  I want to see the exact wording.

On 2019-06-19 at 10:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the ‘Silent Eliminator’ Nightwave Act not failing when an enemy detects you, regardless of alarms. Step your stealth game up!

Definetely a effed up Fix

• Like 2

From what Ive heard it means run an exterminate without setting off the alarms, which is pretty easy. Literally just run the level 30 exterminate in the void, thats what I did, apparently the alarms in the void only get set off if the stalker shows up. I ran through the entire level with my nyx and a telos boltor murdering everything without caution, and completed the challenge, even had hexis try to show up and assassinate me

Interesting loophole by the way, if a Lua Exterminate mission is on the sortie rotation it will auto-complete since there is no "Detected" state on Lua and the level is at 50 bare minimum.

That's how I always wound up completing that weekly.

Nightwave Challenge: Equinox Adaro Farming.

Oh wait, is that not what this is? ... Shoot, I've been doing it wrong.

XD Seriously though, I really feel like the only reason I keep my older Adaro Focus Farm loadout is just for this nightwave now. I'm waiting for a "Do a Polymer Farming run on Uranus for at least 30minutes" nightwave next.

13 hours ago, Nok-Rntha said:

Hello, fellow Nightwave enthusiasts.
The elite weekly is a bit unclear about what detection means in this context. Usually, being detected automatically means enemies become alerted. Hell, stealth is practically impossible without alerting anyone, as every single enemy that you kill stealthily has to let out a deathly growl, alerting the whole tile. That or they notice their comrade fly across the room.

In reality, as long as enemies don't shoot back or let out their alert voice queue, you're fine.
OZp15bA.png

I recommend the node Narcissus on Neptune, as it can have some really large and open spaces and is fairly easy. Any frame that can stay invisible as long as possible is good, but my personal pick is Loki with a Dread modded for Crit and Viral.

Happy hunting!

So long as the red arrow on the minimap doesn't become filled-in, you're good. If you see a second triangle inside, but it's not filled in, that just means they're alert/suspicious and actively looking for you.

Ivara makes this mission a no-brainer, if slow.

Edited by DrakeWurrum