Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

operator aging in the duviri paradox

On 2019-07-27 at 12:43 PM, Marvelous_A said:

Make this an option. I respect those who like to be a child war criminal but it's not my cup of tea. I don't want to be a kid in this game.

But...the memes, Jack!

Its probably been said already, but the trailer sort of explains it (kind of.)

In Duviri content you will play as your grown operator. I don’t think that will have any effect on your operator outside of Duviri content in terms of aesthetic.

Which is why I think they made sure to show the young and old versions of the same operator in that trailer.

I am personally extremely excited for this, I’m hoping it’s going to be some sort of rogue-like dungeon crawling game mode. But that is entirely speculative on my part.

I haven’t been this hyped about game content in soooooooo long.

On 2019-07-27 at 9:07 PM, PookieNumnums said:

Will my operators feminine chest fill out tho....

Already seeing increases with nw operator infested suit...

Will your operators chest fill out?

I mean, doesn’t that tend to happen to women as they grow from being children into adults? 🤷🏻‍♂️

If mature operator don't have power,then is he going to have bigger health because he is mature. And when is not going to have amp,he will run differently with a guns... but Is he going to have some double jump or what. And how big he is going to bee from warframe size. Then if we have maybe 4 or 5 Dax version,are we going to have same with horses... Then there is mini games for operator if he is going to have.Maybe we are going to have hunting like a horse and the riding it like what wee seen, and with fishing we can swimming underwater and collect them that way. Or maybe some totally different mini game for that new open world for operator... And maybe we will have to create big weapons because on last 2 open world we did got melee and pistols costumes. 

Edited by Vlada91

I want facial hair options. Generic, mustacho-chops Lemmy style, handlebar stach, braided viking style, goatee, goateestache, chops, Johan Hegg longbeard and so on. Give me options for a space viking look fitting for my space longship railjack to go on that neo-techno-space-viking pillage trip across the stars.

On 2019-07-26 at 11:40 PM, Hyohakusha said:

If it's a time paradox, what @Oreades  said is probably correct. It's gonna make fashioning annoying lol.

Odds are we won't be fashioning our aged up operators going by Steves response last devstream (or at the very least if we are they won't be shared) so that probably simplifies things.  

• 4 weeks later...

Its the perfect moment for de to overhaul the operator creator.  Give us proper sliders and menus.  I say after completing the story quests and we unlock so many operator talents and build a unique amp.  Let the players age their operators as they please.  As beings of the void we should be able to literally have whatever form we want at will as we master our powers.

Child, teenager, adult, elderly, etc. Hell we could be a ball of energy with tentacles firing off laser blasts if we willed it through the void.

I personally am tired of the androgynes / prepubescent teenage operator when we have powers that break the laws of physics and are actually multiple centuries old.

Go ham with creative freedom de.

On 2019-07-28 at 1:27 PM, Vlada91 said:

If mature operator don't have power,then is he going to have bigger health because he is mature. And when is not going to have amp,he will run differently with a guns... but Is he going to have some double jump or what. And how big he is going to bee from warframe size. Then if we have maybe 4 or 5 Dax version,are we going to have same with horses... Then there is mini games for operator if he is going to have.Maybe we are going to have hunting like a horse and the riding it like what wee seen, and with fishing we can swimming underwater and collect them that way. Or maybe some totally different mini game for that new open world for operator... And maybe we will have to create big weapons because on last 2 open world we did got melee and pistols costumes. 

Maybe if they are aged in the paradox.  We can't use our warframes and have a completely overhauled combat system.  Where we have to use normal weapons and ride around on void space horses for travel..

Perhaps the older tenno that didn't escape from the void?  So its an alternate or paradox version of ourselves that has been trapped in the void for centuries and has been forced to adapt and fight differently?

Maybe the two paradoxes will meet at the end of a quest chain and become one being? Further powering us up and giving us the ability to essentially shape shift as we please?

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Maybe if they are aged in the paradox.  We can't use our warframes and have a completely overhauled combat system.  Where we have to use normal weapons and ride around on void space horses for travel..

Perhaps the older tenno that didn't escape from the void?  So its an alternate or paradox version of ourselves that has been trapped in the void for centuries and has been forced to adapt and fight differently?

Maybe the two paradoxes will meet at the end of a quest chain and become one being? Further powering us up and giving us the ability to essentially shape shift as we please?

Im more thinking that we can finally see who is behind all this. And big sci fi orokin snake is like some big boss on this map... and then when all this is over maybe you can get your power back and become much stronger then before,similar to star wars force unleashed games... just imagine that fun mechanic. And in the end you become ultimate freedom fighter. If you know about Skyforge game when you can get and become in god form,this can bee similar to this.

Edited by Vlada91

I really, really, have a powerful dislike for the idea of having to play as an adult character. There are no shortage of games out there where you get to play as an adult character. I think the character being approximately 12 to 13 years old lends a fragility to the murder machine we are in all other regards.

All i care about is that when the events of paradox are over, not only do i get to keep my space kid, that it will not in any way influence future story expansions. 

Sure there's no end of whiny edgelords out there who want to make their character look like a deformed freak or dress them up like ronald mcdonald because they are just so hateful about having to be a spacekid but i think the character being a child is what creates duality in the game. As a warframe, you are a murder machine, nothing more, nothing less, but the operator still has at-least a shred of innocence left... I'm not over eager to be deprived of that. So again, as long as i am not literally and actually forced to lose my child operator, I'm fine with it.... but if after the events of paradox, i will have no choice but to have an adult character?............I'm just not going to play it. Ever. 

My going theory is that as long as we have our void powers, we are essentially ageless..... I haven't played through Harrow for specific reasons yet so i don't know if that's supported in the canon there, but my feeling is that the operator will start aging if they burn through all their void power or it becomes overtaxed. which explains why the operator in the paradox tries to use void power and fails. Because he's lost his powers. Can't use amps, can't void step, can't transfer into warframes, he's just some dude because he lost his powers. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

3 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

but i think the character being a child is what creates duality in the game. 

You mean like the duality that will continue from once being a god like star child to a comparatively weak frail adult that might actually fear for their life?

The child shows no innocence in quests after the initial disorientation. Just stubborn insolence from power. Maybe being a powerless adult will actually teach them some humility in the void.

Maybe then you will be ready to accept THE TRIALS OF THE CONCLAVE.

Edited by Firetempest
Post brought to you by Android voice to text.

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

You mean like the duality that will continue from once being a god like star child to a comparatively weak frail adult that might actually fear for their life?

The child shows no innocence in quests after the initial disorientation. Just stubborn insolence from power. Maybe being a powerless adult will actually teach them some humility in the void.

Maybe then you will be ready to except THE TRIALS OF THE CONCLAVE.

Maybe not all of us go out of our way to choose the dark path. By the way. When you say "except" do you by chance mean "accept"? Because otherwise I'm not sure how they plan to exclude the trials of the conclave. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

On 2019-07-27 at 5:33 AM, (XB1)nextel244888 said:

Is this going to be a choice or is it just something that will happen, even if you dont want it to.

Is this a question and are you really asking us?

All we,know is based on what the trailer showed, that is almost nothing and we know even less than nothing about possible new mechanics, choices, possibilities (the operator wielding a tigris for example). Not even going to bother theorizing anything just yet as duviri paradox is, at very least, 1 year away from now and that is being extremely optimistic.

They're not really aging and more swapping minds with a double that has been stranded in the void for... well, depends on how much time has passed in there. Don't expect DE to force age all players up. My best guess is the gameplay with the older copy of your operator is confined to duviri and the story centered around making your old twin complete a causality loop so that the zariman can escape the void with the kids while the old operator remains in... whereever that is.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

They're not really aging and more swapping minds with a double that has been stranded in the void for... well, depends on how much time has passed in there. Don't expect DE to force age all players up. My best guess is the gameplay with the older copy of your operator is confined to duviri and the story centered around making your old twin complete a causality loop so that the zariman can escape the void with the kids while the old operator remains in... whereever that is.

1*nt1rQx9MBC1ol4SpYmF98w.gif

Could be neat if this timeline split helps continue both time lines. The original timeline is never affected anyway. They can create a alternate timeline where warframes never went under mass production, yet the children grew up and learned to be Dax level soldiers with Warframe armor from the paradox. And in this reality came out of the void battle hardened long after the sentients already took over Origin. With a fresh start from scratch balancing. And a large subset of players can live out their old fantasy of their player actually being in the armor and not a meat puppet.

But you know, when hell freezes over and all that.

Its not too hard.  After we go through all the key lore quests and grind so much focus talents. Operaters should have gained enough control over their void powers to be able to transference into whatever form they want.

So overhaul the character creator with sliders to let us play around with the whole face and body. Have 4 selectable ages.  Child, teen, adult, and elder. And unlock theses options as we advance in the story and gather focus.

Let the players have more creative freedom for operater mode.

The tenno are essentially all powerful and immortal beings so long as they can keep control.

If our bodies die.  The mind remains as part of the void and can create a new body at will.  As we see with rell though its possible to loose control and have our minds consumed by the void.

Keep in mind the tenno are mentally multiple centuries old. Thier bodies where mutated by the void.  And then they were physically frozen in stasis on lua plunged into the void for centuries when the oroin fell.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

On 2019-08-25 at 3:43 PM, Firetempest said:

Could be neat if this timeline split helps continue both time lines. The original timeline is never affected anyway. They can create a alternate timeline where warframes never went under mass production, yet the children grew up and learned to be Dax level soldiers with Warframe armor from the paradox. And in this reality came out of the void battle hardened long after the sentients already took over Origin. With a fresh start from scratch balancing. And a large subset of players can live out their old fantasy of their player actually being in the armor and not a meat puppet.

But you know, when hell freezes over and all that.

So, it's kind of low key confirmed now that the adult operator is an alternate reality version of our real Tenno. Steve mentioned in his stream that the title of the quest was inspired by the Twin Paradox. So yeah, relieved it wont be a "okay, you're an adult now" deal, as that would have taken away a huge chunk of the charm. Meeting your adult twin though, who has been stranded in the void - that sounds cool.

De just overhaul the operater creator with proper sliders.  And let people make the tenno whatever age they want.

Then with the sliders people can go with whatever body shapes they want.

In my skyrim thanks to mods i can literally play with every pixel when creating a character.

If modding communitties can open up creative choice in a ten year old game.  Then companies shouldn't be so stingy in player freedom of choice.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

We are separated from our Warframe and end up aged somewhere we don't know know.

• We have experienced traveling through space time near the speed of light for few years to get there.
  • We see ourselves not being old but being disoriented (not knowing where we are) and bracing for the worst.
  • Our young avatar is from this place - from another space time continuum - just off the ship we see in the distance.
  • We are old because of the time travel, not because we have aged there.
  • We are called to this other space-time event for reason unknown.
  • Are we trapped there now? Traveling back in our physical form to our space-time would killed us by aging more.
Edited by elmetnuter