The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEMA....I can't, I can't do it anymore, I just can't.

For a full (assuming active) ghost clan the Hema is a measly 500 samples per member. If you're managing 100 samples per run then your clan could have finished the research in about 13 runs. However if your clan were running full squads for farming chances are you all would be getting more than 100 samples per player per run.

If your other nine members are not communicating, contributing, or even caring about their dojo then the issue isn't in the research but in your members themselves.

Also a word of warning: you may want to sort out your clan regardless of the Hema research as Railjack/Empyrean will require new Dojo rooms (and presumably research). If these end up being costly additions then you'll once again be forced up against this grind wall alone thanks to your own members should they continue to not contribute.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

Might be interesting to know that all other items that need mutagen sample need 505 mutagen sample in total needing from 5 to 65 at most for a single item. Hema is the only one that needs 5000.

I consider myself lucky. I've been playing since almost the beginning of warframe and prime parts dropped in the derelics back then. So I had played there plenty having all the reasons to and still was short on the hema with all the years playing daily. My friend helped fill the last bit.

At the start mutagen, detonite and fieldron samples dropped in equal rates. Mutagen is the only that was purposefully made to drop a lot less and on limited places later on. The hema price is unacceptable and DE's refusal to adjust the price or increase the mutagen droprates is scummy. 

• Like 1

Just now, SPplayer76 said:

I'm amazed how many replies here completely miss the point. Something really needs to be done about how awful the hens grind is.

The amazing part is the people who are trying to do content aimed at functional Clans solo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The amazing part is the people who are trying to do content aimed at functional Clans solo.

No, people do that kind of thing all the time. The Hema research cost is an outrageous outlier, and "functional clans" are not common.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Urlan said:

If a clan is mine, I handle research - its my research- I have my allies join because I want them there not to pay for my stuff. Sometimes they chip in if they want, though it is by no means required, since they also want the gear that research represents and know I am putting what I got into it. Derelict survival or defense, with a Nekros or other looter, Smeeta and boosters if you have it; it won't be 'Raining' but you will get some slowly every 40 minutes or so.

I need 3,000 mutagen samples. Most all weapon and item research is done, mostly by me.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Like I said, I'm stubborn. My Hema is basically my "I ground Orokin Derelict Mobile Defense for months, and all I got was this stupid bloodsucking thing" T-shirt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

No, people do that kind of thing all the time. The Hema research cost is an outrageous outlier, and "functional clans" are not common.

Then anyone asking for more Clan content should just stop.

Imagine if everyone just dropped their dead or solo Clans and made big ones with a bunch of active people. Or they don't and DE focuses on content people want to do.

• Like 1

Then anyone asking for more Clan content should just stop.

Imagine if everyone just dropped their dead or solo Clans and made big ones with a bunch of active people. Or they don't and DE focuses on content people want to do.

That's some clear nonsense right there. The only thing that comes close to "clan content" was darksectors, and those were  abandoned. Let's not get off topic though, this is about the mistake that is the hema cost.

• Like 1

I'm asserting it isn't a mistake. You (plural) just don't like it.

You know maybe you're right, maybe the 1 thing that different people have complained about every few weeks ever since the weapon came out isn't a mistake. 

"No, it's the children who are wrong."

• Like 2

Have everyone in the clan drop extractors on Eris (or Sedna?) and pray you get the samples.  Of course if you don't retrieve them they deteriorate, plus I don't think I ever got samples that way... Maybe this is a bad idea, lol.

Tried doing it myself in a solo clan.  I didn't last 2 days before I gave up on it for good.  Def one of the few things that NEEDS an active co-op/clan support in the game.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Have everyone in the clan drop extractors on Eris (or Sedna?) and pray you get the samples.  Of course if you don't retrieve them they deteriorate, plus I don't think I ever got samples that way... Maybe this is a bad idea, lol.

Tried doing it myself in a solo clan.  I didn't last 2 days before I gave up on it for good.  Def one of the few things that NEEDS an active co-op/clan support in the game.

Yeah, nah. For some stupid reason Mutagen Samples are Rare drops on Eris. Too unreliable. They're Uncommon drops in Orokin Derelicts, so it's automatically better to grind that instead.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I can't do it anymore. I just can't. The game has given me actual depression from this farm alone. Over 30 forma sacrificed to build my clan dojo. A sacrifice I can live with. But the mutagen samples farm - I can't do Orokin Derelict Survival. I don't have it in me anymore. After trying to complete the hema research for two weeks I've decided for my own well being and mental health that I won't research the hema and my clan will remain a Ghost clan.

I'm actually burned out and depressed. I have to play different games and, when playing Warframe, never go back into Orokin Derelict Survival...and the worst part is I'm doing this alone when I have people in my Ghost clan who mostly don't communicate. Even with boosters & Nekros I'm getting about 100 mutagen samples ever 30 minutes at which point I have to leave because I can't survive that long with Nekros (even while running equilibrium etc.). I need 3,000 mutagen samples and after telling myself I would farm it all in the span of two days I can't go back in there.

Hey man, I'm at around 1300 mutagen samples and I'm still running the survival a few times a week at 40 minutes-1 hour runs. Invite me to your Derelict Survival games and I will help!

Wow, 100? I think I average 30 in 40 minutes and I explore the whole map and open every container and locker in addition to killing thousands of infested!

Believe it or not, DE actually made the farm worse by removing lootframe interactions. Now an enemy can only drop one instance of additional loot as opposed to hydroid and nekros working together. 

Edited by Drachnyn

Just now, nslay said:

Hey man, I'm at around 1300 mutagen samples and I'm still running the survival a few times a week at 40 minutes-1 hour runs. Invite me to your Derelict Survival games and I will help!

Wow, 100? I think I average 30 in 40 minutes and I explore the whole map and open every container and locker in addition to killing thousands of infested!

Boosters. 🙂

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Boosters. 🙂

Add me and invite me to Derelict Survival and I'll help. I finished NW for the week and I farmed Wukong Prime and his new weapons as well as finished up all the Nyx/Rhino Prime and weapons farming. I got little else to do in Warframe until Sunday!

3 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

An issue is that my clan is full and I can't add more members without ranking up from ghost to shadow clan. However, once I do the resources skyrocket for the Hema. So I'll end up staying a ghost clan.

Post up a message telling everyone that you are going to start kicking people out if they don't pitch in. 

Then start kicking people out. 

• Like 2