Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The less popular NW challenges

VanFanel1980mx

So, what are your least favorite or maybe most hated challenges? I thought the gilding one was removed but I had it from my recovered ones, or was it removed mid-season for NW2? I also dislike Profit-taker but that's because the battle is a mess and you can't just do it solo without very few specific loadouts.

The gilding one was confirmed removed for subsequent weeks.

I'm generally not a big fan of any act that's not mission-based. So Forma-ing, fishing and mining, gilding, Conservation, Ayatans, stuff like that. That said, I liked the K-drive races one, and even the Conservation one was a nice change of pace.

Do note: I don't technically "hate" any of the acts - just not a fan of them. I just prefer ones where I get to kill stuff.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

The gilding one was confirmed removed for subsequent weeks.

I'm generally not a big fan of any act that's not mission-based. So Forma-ing, fishing and mining, gilding, Conservation, Ayatans, stuff like that. That said, I liked the K-drive races one, and even the Conservation one was a nice change of pace.

Do note: I don't technically "hate" any of the acts - just not a fan of them. I just prefer ones where I get to kill stuff.

The forma challenge is certainly a bit scummy considering you need to craft them or buy them, yes, one of the ranks gives you exactly 3 forma but unless you are still assembling your arsenal you may be wasting a lot of forma and going to the repetitiveness of power leveling to make it faster which is more or less the same as gilding.

Also, the problem I have with Simaris scans is getting less than 5 targets and having to wait 24 hours for new ones, why isn't Simaris refreshed more often? is that because he has no daily standing cap? oh wait, he does!

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

The forma challenge is certainly a bit scummy considering you need to craft them or buy them, yes, one of the ranks gives you exactly 3 forma but unless you are still assembling your arsenal you may be wasting a lot of forma and going to the repetitiveness of power leveling to make it faster which is more or less the same as gilding.

Yeah, the Forma one I could do without. That said, I still have a big pile of second-tier stuff to drop Formas into, so it's still a "meh" for me.

Just now, Miser_able said:

The only ones Im a not a fan of are the 3 ayatans one, and the 3 sets of 3 sabotage caches. 

Both of these for the same reason, I don't like spending ages wandering the map. 

Caches can be a real pain to find for sure, sometimes you need to turn off the music and use headphones to have a chance.

5 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Also, the problem I have with Simaris scans is getting less than 5 targets and having to wait 24 hours for new ones, why isn't Simaris refreshed more often? is that because he has no daily standing cap? oh wait, he does!

This may be a bit painful to say this, but aside from relying on other people and using the Research Imprints, you can rerun The New Strange where you can synthesize the 3 Elite Arid Lancers to complete the challenge.

Alternatively, synthesize the target and abort the mission. Nightwave does not account for the mission being aborted, so you can do the synthesis and abort over and over until you're done.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

The ayatan only was awful to me the first time, after knowing of it's existence I'm actually prepared for the next 20+ acts of it, so no biggie 😛

I rarely use anything for endo if it is not Anasa and keep them on stock but now I don't fill them right away just in case, still, last time I used my stash I was left with less than 10 amber stars and now I find out they made them more scarce, I thought DE wanted to cut the grind.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

There were no such things when I started out and it's beyond me that DE thinks doing this kind of stuff hundreds of times is considered fun.

Eh. They're fine in concept. They are no different from "diversions" in many open world games like GTA and Yakuza; a little side activity to break the pace of the game.

It's just the execution that has been mostly lacking. I'd just prefer more stuff like K-drive races, and less mining and fishing, that's all.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Just now, KnossosTNC said:

Eh. They're fine in concept. They are no different from "diversions" in many open world games like GTA and Yakuza; a little side activity to break the pace of the game.

It's just execution that has been mostly lacking. I'd just prefer more stuff like K-drive races, and less mining and fishing, that's all.

For K-Drive races I just want the display bug to be fixed so I can see which ones are active each time I enter.

I dislike any challenge on PoE or Fortuna as it makes my game lag, but not a lot, just enough to make shooting things annoying (like miss 30~50% of my shots) so i have to bring AoE weapons, which means i have even more trouble shooting flying targets down.

But that's really an issue with my computer.

1 minute ago, AndouRaiton said:

I dislike any challenge on PoE or Fortuna as it makes my game lag, but not a lot, just enough to make shooting things annoying (like miss 30~50% of my shots) so i have to bring AoE weapons, which means i have even more trouble shooting flying targets down.

But that's really an issue with my computer.

I don't quite dislike them but the new lighting system makes it a pain to be in dark areas, doing profit taker phase 3 means I always enter the building and get blinded for 30 seconds, plague star during the night is the same deal, half the time I am trying to find the entrance to the cave on the east side.

48 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

For K-Drive races I just want the display bug to be fixed so I can see which ones are active each time I enter.

It's not really a bug, more of an oversight. You just need to get on a non-starter board for the races to show up.

Me? I just Iztaled around until I found one.

Edited by KnossosTNC