Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn can't fly over holes?

Kwikwilyaqa

Using Aegis Storm you slowly descend into holes if you fly over them (until the point your abilities/position reset and you respawn in the ground nearby). You can "roll" to escape, but you can't ascend.

The question is: this is a bug or the intended behavior for the ability?

>> If matters for replication, i discover this in the Corpus Defense titleset (the one the defense object platform is surrounded by a hole).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah this surprised me too... I was hovering over a small gap and plummeted right into the abyss. 

This was unfortunate because I run an Optimized build using Pax Bolt, Growing Power and Energy Conversion..... 

"Optimized" is a questionable term in that context.

27 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

well, she isnt really flying per se, more of repulsing/hovering

18 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Hildryn is more like a hovercraft..... sooo.... no she can't 

"(...) Rocket skyward at full thrust, achieve atmospheric flight (...)". 

Taking her description i was thinking her ability was a propulsive force of a jet or rocket engine, not something else (well, depending on the technology in question, "hovering" does not make sense either).

Look such a small thing... but there is so many holes everywhere in this game that this reason (IMHO, a huge design flaw) alone is sufficient for me to put her on the freezer again.

Edited by Kwikwilyaqa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

"(...) Rocket skyward at full thrust, achieve atmospheric flight (...)". 

Taking her description i was thinking her ability was a propulsive force of a jet or rocket engine, not something else (well, depending on the technology in question, "hovering" does not make sense either).

Look such small thing... but there is so many holes everywhere in this game that this reason (IMHO, a huge design flaw) alone is sufficient for me to put her on the freezer again.

oh believe me i know. (i take ability desc with a grain of salt compared to actual gameplay lol), but yeah, I am getting tired of the many many map holes A(that screw us over in nearly every way)

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, Hildryns a clunky mess of not fully realized abilities.

Yeah, I can feel a great frame under all the mistakes... Balefire have such poor aiming (packed together with the slowest and worst "charge" mechanic in the whole game - that thing is a pistol, not an exalted weapon), both on the ground as airborne (last case being way worst); 2 and 3 are... abilities (feels like filler); and Aegis, well... at least her idle is great for some frames!

6 hours ago, sinnae said:

Balefire just feels terrible. I've had people show me minmaxed balefire builds, "look at this crazy damage," etc. but just at its core they do not feel great to use, I should at least get 2x RoF when I'm in my 4...

It should probably also automatically activate when you activate her fourth ability.  First time I did it I was sitting there like "Ok...  Now what?"  I mean, the ability specifically says " Take the skies and rain Balefire rockets down on the enemy."  But the Balefire launcher doesn't activate on its own.

The way I see it AS allows her to 'fly' by constantly applying downward thrust to maintain a set altitude above the ground (the altitude can of course be altered by the player at will) so when the floor level drops suddenly she will drop in order to attain/maintain the set altitude above the floor that AS is currently set for.