Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe is time to update the game?

Videatur

Just now, kuciol said:

None of them did say it. All of them acknowledged however that game is made for casuals.

Many of them did say it, did you even WATCH their videos on it?

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

Of course that how it is. I dont have messiah complex like some of you.

You literally admitted that your mentality is "your opinion doesn't matter, mine does" right there and you follow up with "i don't have a messiah complex"?

You're a lost cause man.

Look at the gap and what is changing: Today, even with gás city, railjack promisse to be release until 31 december this year, we can observe the "Modus Operandi" from DE that is: A very small quest (some don't even count as one in the index), a mini boss and new warframe from that boss and new materials to farm just to make the set of recent released content. 

Now, look back: Harrow, Limbo, Octávia, Atlas, Inaros, Nidus, Titania, all of them from quests, true and dense cotent, history, lore, The Second Dream quest man what was that? Awesome! 

And maybe you can ask: - Do you know that took years to release second dream too?  Yes, i do, but, look to the past: Warframe wasn't so famous (he is now one of the most FTP games played), he now have a bigger team and look what they did with a small team and players and what they are doing with so much. 

I will keep playing, and i personaly think that DE will hear and observe what's happening to the game to be even better. 

Good games have dense lores imho. 

Just now, Ephemiel said:

Many of them did say it, did you even WATCH their videos on it?

Yes i did. They complained that there isnt much for veterans but none of them said that DE ignores feedback because that would be a lie. They do but they prefer catering to casuals aka the larger group of players.

2 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

You literally admitted that your mentality is "your opinion doesn't matter, mine does" right there and you follow up with "i don't have a messiah complex"?

You're a lost cause man.

I never said its anything different. I play the game for what it currently is and i dont want it changed into some elitist bs. My opinion matters to me and yours to you saying its any different is retarded. I want DE to continue what they are doing , you want them to change direction because you think you need to save the game, you have messiah complex and i dont. Its very simple really.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

you want them to change direction because you think you need to save the game, you have messiah complex and i dont. Its very simple really.

Just imagine being someone who legitimately thinks this.

Dude, so far it's been kinda joking, but you truly do need some psychological help.

At some point Warframe decided to steer full steam into its casual audience and also move from regular small content drops to hugely ambitious but way more sparse ones. 

Tbh, the biggest problem is the first one. DE seems positively afraid to try and make something repeatable and fun you can sink your teeth into while you wait for the next, bigger drop. 

We lost tac alerts, events etc. Used to be really cool stuff, nowadays it's mostly bad rep grinds like ghouls, plague star and dog days. 

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

At some point Warframe decided to steer full steam into its casual audience and also move from regular small content drops to hugely ambitious but way more sparse ones. 

Tbh, the biggest problem is the first one. DE seems positively afraid to try and make something repeatable and fun you can sink your teeth into while you wait for the next, bigger drop. 

We lost tac alerts, events etc. Used to be really cool stuff, nowadays it's mostly bad rep grinds like ghouls, plague star and dog days. 

Don't forget that two big additions to the game involved something that this game really didn't need nor was it made to have [the open worlds] and it seems we're gonna be getting more assuming Duviri works the same way.

Then you didn't watch them since many of them say it.

Keep on going man, that hole you're in won't dig itself!

I watched iFlynn and McGamers videos, i dont know if anybody else left, i dont really care because i have my own opinion, i dont need other to tell me what to think.

Just imagine being someone who legitimately thinks this.

Dude, so far it's been kinda joking, but you truly do need some psychological help.

Thats the truth, take it or leave it. Warframe is hitting higher and higher numbers, the current model simply works and you have no proof that changing direction will help. You have only your hopes and dreams. You couldnt provide examples i asked, you refuse to acknowledge that its casual game, you keep blabering how you know better what the game should do. You have messiah complex. Newsflash , game doesnt need saving.

6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

i dont really care because i have my own opinion, i dont need other to tell me what to think.

Then why are you even here?

Warframe is hitting higher and higher numbers,

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Goes up for patch, goes down when nothing is done, rinse and repeat. Yep, going up and up indeed. Last big boost was July 2018 and they lost all those players in around 3 months.

You have messiah complex. Newsflash , game doesnt need saving.

Repeating yourself constantly doesn't make you right. It's time you leave that high horse you think you're on and open your eyes. I'm done with you, you really do need help and i sincerely hope you get it soon.

Edited by Ephemiel

1 minute ago, Ephemiel said:

Then why are you even here?

Because you want to change the game and i dont want it change to the thing you want it to be, simple.

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Goes up for patch, goes down when nothing is done, rinse and repeat. Yep, going up and up indeed. Last big boost was July 2018 and they lost all those players in around 3 months.

Like every game out there. Go with yearly charts and you will see steady growth.

Repeating yourself constantly doesn't make you right. It's time you leave that high horse you think you're on and open your eyes. I'm done with you.

Doesnt make it wrong either. The fact still stands : i want them to continue direction they took, you want it changed. You are the one that claims to know that this direction that DE decided to take is wrong and yet you cant provide any significant proof that you know better. You opt to hide behind insults and pompous speeches.

Thats the truth, take it or leave it. Warframe is hitting higher and higher numbers, the current model simply works and you have no proof that changing direction will help. You have only your hopes and dreams. You couldnt provide examples i asked, you refuse to acknowledge that its casual game, you keep blabering how you know better what the game should do. You have messiah complex. Newsflash , game doesnt need saving.

We had that conversation in another thread which too went off-road but a guy posted Leyou's annual results and the numbers in gain were lower in 2018 than in 2017.You know why?Because Fortuna failed to gather an audiance and judging from recent updates like NW i doubt they went up again.It's up to Railjack for now.

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

We had that conversation in another thread which too went off-road but a guy posted Leyou's annual results and the numbers in gain were lower in 2018 than in 2017.You know why?Because Fortuna failed to gather an audiance and judging from recent updates like NW i doubt they went up again.It's up to Railjack for now.

We didnt but dude posted steamchart above and you can easily tell that there is steady growth 

January 2017 : 47,123

January 2018 : 69,002

January 2019 : 82,266

The numbers dont lie. We will see January 2020.

Just now, kuciol said:

We didnt but dude posted steamchart above and you can easily tell that there is steady growth 

January 2017 : 47,123

January 2018 : 69,002

January 2019 : 82,266

The numbers dont lie. We will see January 2020.

Not we 2, me and others.Peaks mean nothing, most of them can easily be a guy checking WF or coming back and leaves the next day.The avarage is the better mirror and in there, each update has less people playing than the previous one.

Just now, DeathDweller said:

Not we 2, me and others.Peaks mean nothing, most of them can easily be a guy checking WF or coming back and leaves the next day.The avarage is the better mirror and in there, each update has less people playing than the previous one.

But avg looks similar

2015 : 17,919

2016 : 30,709

2017 : 31,734

2018: 45,177

2019: 52,754

Stop looking at monthly, check yearly because thats the only meaningful way to judge direction of the game, thats why i took January of each year. Its a month after all big releases and the only way to judge whole year. If and only IF 2020 January will indicate lower player count we will be able to tell that year was bad and change of directions is needed. As of now we there is no reason to change it.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

Yes you did but you still ignored what it truly means. Go play those games for 5000 hours then we can talk.

People do. Just because I don't want to doesn't change that.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

People sucking at the game dont change what the game really is.

You really have forgotten what the game is like at the start.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

Of course that how it is. I dont have messiah complex like some of you. I wont hide behind pompous speeches how i need to save the game despite it having more and more players. I play the game for what it currently is, you want to change that its natural that i will have problem with it.

@Ephemiel is right - you're either a complete troll or utterly deluded if you can't see the paradox in this quote.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

People do. Just because I don't want to doesn't change that.

People also do play Warframe for 5000 hours sometimes even more. You brought out the games that are played completely differently not me.

You really have forgotten what the game is like at the start.

No i didnt. The fact that you are even more op at the end doesnt change facts that you are op from get go. Once you know what to do you could complete starchart without mods.

is right - you're either a complete troll or utterly deluded if you can't see the paradox in this quote.

Dude you literally preach all the time how you guys know better what the game needs and how it will be beneficial to it without any proof, not me. All im saying is that i like current direction and i provided proof that it works. You complain how DE doesnt listen to feedback while completely ignoring that they in fact do but they chose something opposite to what you want. I asked multiple times very straight forward questions and didnt receive any answers beyond "you are wrong" or "stop trolling". You simply refuse to accept reality that you are no longer target audience of the game.

Edited by kuciol

I've said for a long time now that Warframe was my alternative to Destiny. Warframe is a bit of an outlier because it's one if not the only third-person sci-fi shooter that's out there. SpaceLords is out there, but the learning curve is EXTREMELY high to allow newcomers to get into the game proper. There are myriad first person shooters, but I'm not a fan of that genre, so Warframe was my calm in the storm. I'm sad that the devs aren't keeping up to the level of content release that so many other titles seem to be managing. 

I understand that it is a small staff, but maybe instead of constantly releasing new Warframes and weapons, they can shift the focuse to REAL content updates like story-based missions, new NPC's that further the lore, and new tilesets. Skins, weapons, and Warframes ARE NOT content, and I understand that is contrary to what many believe. Many other developers use those as monetization. 

I love Warframe, and I do play other games when there isn't much to do, but I want to play Warframe because it's the only guy out here right now that feeds this particular need.

3 minutes ago, BouzuJunzo said:

I've said for a long time now that Warframe was my alternative to Destiny. Warframe is a bit of an outlier because it's one if not the only third-person sci-fi shooter that's out there. SpaceLords is out there, but the learning curve is EXTREMELY high to allow newcomers to get into the game proper. There are myriad first person shooters, but I'm not a fan of that genre, so Warframe was my calm in the storm. I'm sad that the devs aren't keeping up to the level of content release that so many other titles seem to be managing. 

I understand that it is a small staff, but maybe instead of constantly releasing new Warframes and weapons, they can shift the focuse to REAL content updates like story-based missions, new NPC's that further the lore, and new tilesets. Skins, weapons, and Warframes ARE NOT content, and I understand that is contrary to what many believe. Many other developers use those as monetization. 

I love Warframe, and I do play other games when there isn't much to do, but I want to play Warframe because it's the only guy out here right now that feeds this particular need.

Yep! I think they have gotten the message loud and clear. I hope they take this criticism as us saying "Hey we are frustrated but we really love your game, please make a decision to expand the studio or change the direction of the game".

Here I repost my questions that nobody had an answer to so far and until then you will be nothing but haters.

1. Give me 1 example of a game that is on market over 5 years and doesnt have the same topics on forums as Warframe does (bad direction, content drought, bad balance)

2. How do you determine the correct amount of effort

3. How to do challenging yet accessible content without forced teamplay because that was major offender why trials failed

4. How you determine how "hard" is enough considering that its subjective and we already have people claiming lvl 200 enemies are not hard

5. How do you reward people in a way it will feel rewarding but not mandatory considering we had complains even about fluffs

6. Why should DE do a sudden 180 when current direction works and numbers shown reflect that

7. How do you deal with piling up of systems while adding new one like you demand in every update

8. How do you balance the game considering the sheer number of possible combinations this game has when you have unkillable tanks like Inaros or Chroma on one end and Banshe on the other.

Those are very straight forward questions that nobody so far was willing to answer without trying to ridicule them. I dont care what you want, i dont care what game looked like 5 years ago, all i want is clear answer to those questions without pompous speeches on "how we need to save the game" or "how vets are not understood". Those are fundamental problems that need to be addressed before you talk about improvements. 

Edited by kuciol

Been watching this for a while, surprised that no one has yet to actually answer this mans questions, and whats the point of calling him a troll when he brings up valid points, like the player charts, you can just look at them and see he's right, from player averages per months to peak players per month, heck if you even look further you can see that both exploded when POE dropped

23 minutes ago, kuciol said:

3. How to do challenging yet accessible content without forced teamplay because that was major offender why trials failed

Just shimming in to question this, but wasnt Trials taken out because they were:

1) not easily accessible with having to need a key and make a team that wouldnt usually accept new people to follow instructions or Warframe/weapon compositions, which resulted in them not being a widely played? (Which is why I think Eidolon hunts work: they can be PUG'd)

2) Broke easily with hotfixes that had nothing to do with them and made the Debug team take a look at it every time to see WTH happened, thus taking their time from looking at more used aspects of the game?

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Just shimming in to question this, but wasnt Trials taken out because they were:

1) not easily accessible with having to need a key and make a team that wouldnt usually accept new people to follow instructions or Warframe/weapon compositions, which resulted in them not being a widely played? (Which is why I think Eidolon hunts work: they can be PUG'd)

2) Broke easily with hotfixes that had nothing to do with them and made the Debug team take a look at it every time to see WTH happened, thus taking their time from looking at more used aspects of the game?

Go read old trial removal topic. Most complains revolved around needing a team not key. The removal itself was consequence of players not wanting to play it and DE's lack of motivation to constantly fix something that nobody played. DE said it fair and square they are no longer willing to bother with them because "nobody" wanted to play them anyway. Keys are just excuse for those that cant deal with that explanation. Forced teamplay always is problematic.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1