Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe is time to update the game?

Videatur

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well what do you expect. You compare a sub based b2p game with a f2p one?

Blizzard needs to do something to justify the monthly price tag. 

ESO has several expansion releases aswell, but in between those the free content releases are extremely shallow. So they run with a sub model hidden behind expansion purchases.

I don't expect content and expansions like those of Blizzard because the investments are totally different. My criticism is simply aimed at waiting and afterwards for a long-lasting content that simply leads people to stop playing and to frustrate groups where discussions are reduced to nothing. I simply ask how another user has done here a new way of giving sustainable content with different rewards and with more frequent events or quests. The New War takes 1 year and 5 months before being released and this simply reduces the hype. Farming for long runs does not really give anything and temporary events like Dog Days have brought more discontent than content in play. Now a new Warframe Gauss and 2 new weapons will be released but this is real game content?

DE has created fantastic quests and content.. and I think they can do it again.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

How are you judging the amount of content in the game?

Warframe has a substantial story that takes quite a while to complete. About a half dozen side stories, two open worlds with their own mission systems, and hundreds of frames and items to craft and upgrade. I think i have like some total of 60 days of play time, which ill be honest is impressive even to me. How many games are lucky to boast that it takes maybe 40 hours to complete.

I'm 60 days of play time and 490 days logged in and i still need equipment to rank up and i find plenty of things to do EVERY DAY. Any major game release doesn't provide nearly as much content for absolutely nothing in return from the player.

imo there is plenty enough to do in the game and more content is coming so just chill. 

The contents are there but they can and unfortunately end in a short time in reality. The quality is there and it is undeniable but it is very diluted and in the long term unfortunately ends up being little in substance compared to the scope of the game. I gave the example of 2015/2016 because I believe that having a constant update like that year would be really fantastic even if only public events with unique rewards that incenitive people to stay in the game and play.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Actually yes it did, it brought along a new game mode and a new boss. 

They are adding emperyan soon, that will give us a lot of content, 

I and many others finished all the gas city "content" in 2 days. I got enough Hex to build both weapons and Wisp, and I rushed the production with plat. After this, there was no reason to do Disruption again. DE didn't even add the game mode into Arbitration rotations, which they promised they would. And now, we have this ridiculous Umbrafying "reward", which won't be a good enough reason for 90% of players to keep running Disruptions. 

A lot of what DE puts out isn't real content. A Warframe isn't content, it's a collector's item. A lot of the actual content is unfinished and left to rot, and half of it is totally unsuccessful, and also left to rot. That's basically the story of DE as of late - shallow, "bite size" fluff updates. 

Also, you have no idea what Empyrean will offer. It may provide 15 hours of play (a week for most players), or if done well, 500 hours. We just don't know, and DE hasn't had a good track record for a while. Even Fortuna, their biggest update as of late, received a very luke warm reception. I finished everything Fortuna had to offer in 2 weeks of casual gaming, but honestly it was just a repetitive, boring rep grind for the most part, with a few nice moments.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I and many others finished all the gas city "content" in 2 days. I got enough Hex to build both weapons and Wisp, and I rushed the production with plat. After this, there was no reason to do Disruption again. DE didn't even add the game mode into Arbitration rotations, which they promised they would. And now, we have this ridiculous Umbrafying "reward", which won't be a good enough reason for 90% of players to keep running Disruptions. 

A lot of what DE puts out isn't real content. A Warframe isn't content, it's a collector's item. A lot actual content is unfinished and left to rot, and half of it is totally unsuccessful, and also left to rot. That's basically the story of DE as of late - shallow, "bite size" fluff updates. 

This is exactly what I tried to say. When DE releases an update it is not long-lasting content it immediately runs out and comes out to be repetitive without any incentive to play it. The new mode does not give any unique rewards and the new resource loses utility when you finish building all the weapons and Wip that require it.

• Like 2

Just now, --C--Nehra said:

Lol, yeah I understand. All I am saying is warframe is not a creator-friendly game anymore. (Twitch or YouTube!) It's a financially successful model, made by DE, for DE and content creators need not apply. Simple. 

Is this article about streamers? Or is it about the amount of in-game content in Warframe? 

Plus i would say the tennogen system is a pretty good outlet for creators to inject themselves into the game and make money from it. 

6 minutes ago, dw3t said:

The contents are there but they can and unfortunately end in a short time in reality. The quality is there and it is undeniable but it is very diluted and in the long term unfortunately ends up being little in substance compared to the scope of the game. I gave the example of 2015/2016 because I believe that having a constant update like that year would be really fantastic even if only public events with unique rewards that incenitive people to stay in the game and play.

Well the article is about the amount of content in the actual game, of which there is quite a lot from the beginning. I see your point that unlike some other games that have big events warframe falls behind in that aspect.

2 minutes ago, dw3t said:

I don't expect content and expansions like those of Blizzard because the investments are totally different. My criticism is simply aimed at waiting and afterwards for a long-lasting content that simply leads people to stop playing and to frustrate groups where discussions are reduced to nothing. I simply ask how another user has done here a new way of giving sustainable content with different rewards and with more frequent events or quests. The New War takes 1 year and 5 months before being released and this simply reduces the hype. Farming for long runs does not really give anything and temporary events like Dog Days have brought more discontent than content in play. Now a new Warframe Gauss and 2 new weapons will be released but this is real game content?

DE has created fantastic quests and content.. and I think they can do it again.

But more than The New War is in development and TNW will also introduce us to a new system by the looks of it. They are working on several things for release this year. Someone has also already pointed out that we get more than Gauss and weapons with the coming patch. Disruption is also getting expanded on. That is also new content wether you like the content or not. I agree though, frames and weapons arent what I'd consider content, but alteast the frame is locked behind new content.

Currently DE are working on atleast 3 different releases. Railjack, Duviri and TNW. That is in addition to new frames, weapons and whatever else they are working on. So we are getting content of different scales released pretty steadily throughout the year. It was the same last year, people complained and yet when it was summed up by the end of the year we had gotten a pretty good amount of new content quite regularly.

The problem isnt really with them releasing things slowly, the problem is that we are too powerful and finish new content way too fast.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Then they'll announce that it's getting delayed. Better for DE to release stuff when it's ready as opposed to stating a date and then having to move the date. People go nuts. 

Gas City was different though, that was a whole tileset revamp, delaying that was fine.

And what do you expect? Making new stuff takes time.

I know and other companies are vying for that time, so DE will eventually be left in the dust 

19 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I agree, but Vets don't rack up those considerable hours and numbers for just the grind either. There is and was some enjoyment to be had doing it as we would play with friends, chat on discord etc, and have fun. The hours would melt away. That has all be taken out of Warframe now.

You tell me, given the changes since 2015. I think the word and value of Vets opinions DO matter as much or more than the myopic views of new players, because new players have not experienced the constant changes Warframe has gone through over the years. The Vets have seen that, done that and stuck with it, until now, where the Vets are now voicing their concerns. Maybe new players should take that into consideration, as it benefits them too in the LONG run.

You don't know that for sure. A 5-year vet who started in 2014 is going to be very different to a 5-year vet who start now and come back in 2024, with different lives and different expectations. Just look at the persistent nostalgia surrounding the aforementioned Raids and Void Keys. Tell me honestly if you think they and their flaws are acceptable to the current crop of players?

The vets opinions do matter, but not at the expense of everybody else, nor of progress to the game. Their value are balanced out by those very experiences you claim elevate them. Like I said, there are pros and cons to everything.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

Is this article about streamers? Or is it about the amount of in-game content in Warframe? 

Plus i would say the tennogen system is a pretty good outlet for creators to inject themselves into the game and make money from it. 

No content = less players = no views = even less players. Sad but true T-T

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But more than The New War is in development and TNW will also introduce us to a new system by the looks of it. They are working on several things for release this year. Someone has also already pointed out that we get more than Gauss and weapons with the coming patch. Disruption is also getting expanded on. That is also new content wether you like the content or not. I agree though, frames and weapons arent what I'd consider content, but alteast the frame is locked behind new content.

Currently DE are working on atleast 3 different releases. Railjack, Duviri and TNW. That is in addition to new frames, weapons and whatever else they are working on. So we are getting content of different scales released pretty steadily throughout the year. It was the same last year, people complained and yet when it was summed up by the end of the year we had gotten a pretty good amount of new content quite regularly.

The problem isnt really with them releasing things slowly, the problem is that we are too powerful and finish new content way too fast.

Perfectly aware that they are developing The New War and Railjack as I also wrote in the main post and I'm happy and I'm waiting for their release. I also wrote that DE is an indie studio and so I can understand that it requires a lot of resources to do 1 single thing of great importance as Railjack and unfortunately it takes all the resources .. but I wrote even if it would not be more appropriate to produce smaller content than at Railjack in the future however with more consistency and with new gameplay or just events that give unique and different rewards that encourage them to do so. Maybe not today not tomorrow but after Duviri would it not be a step forward to bring the game to a consistency of more frequent updates?

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm 99% sure that Railjack will flop.What they've showed so far doesn't justify it's 2 years of development and the problem is that what they've showed probably is the whole thing, plus we already know that it will be butchered and come with half it's content(not  even counting the performace issues, bugs etc).

For TNW i have the same feeling but i'm not putting my finger on it since nothing is known about it and they said it won't be just a quest.

Duviri is their true last chance for me to turn the tables but i'm pretty sure they'll find a way to screw that too.

And yes they release things slowly.Take the standing timewalls out of Fortuna for example and the whole update can be finished in 2 days.All updates after POE are 90% visuals and 10% gameplay.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

You don't know that for sure. A 5-year vet who started in 2014 is going to be very different to a 5-year vet who start now and come back in 2024, with different lives and different expectations. Just look at the persistent nostalgia surrounding the aforementioned Raids and Void Keys. Tell me honestly if you think they and their flaws are acceptable to the current crop of players?

The vets opinions do matter, but not at the expense of everybody else, nor of progress to the game. Their value are balanced out by those very experiences you claim elevate them. Like I said, there are pros and cons to everything.

That is if there will be 5 year vets after 2018. From what I have been seeing, people play for a few months, get everything then complain they have nothing to do. That is the point I am making. The Vets were and are the foundation upon which Warframe is built. DE has been stripping that foundation from the game away, and thus many Vets are leaving. The community is changing also, and not always for the better because of it.

Warframe has a TON of potential, and it could stick around for many more years. It won't however if they do not start taking into consideration the concerns of the current crop of Vets. The points they are making are very valid to the long term sustainability of Warframe. As I said the carousel only spins so far on Vapid content before people realise it is time to get off and not worth sticking around for. Warframe has been around for 7 years. It is not because of the efforts of people complaining after they joined in 2018. It is because of the things DE and the community prior to that had built. The problem is much of what was built has been stripped. It shows and it is catching up to DE now.

5 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

I'm 99% sure that Railjack will flop.What they've showed so far doesn't justify it's 2 years of development and the problem is that what they've showed probably is the whole thing, plus we already know that it will be butchered and come with half it's content(not  even counting the performace issues, bugs etc).

For TNW i have the same feeling but i'm not putting my finger on it since nothing is known about it and they said it won't be just a quest.

Duviri is their true last chance for me to turn the tables but i'm pretty sure they'll find a way to screw that too.

And yes they release things slowly.Take the standing timewalls out of Fortuna for example and the whole update can be finished in 2 days.All updates after POE are 90% visuals and 10% gameplay.

If you have been around Warframe for any length of time, we all know the potential for Railjack will be fantastic, but we all know it will not be released as complete and it will be buggy. That is a given. So yes, curb your expectations now. DE has and can do great things, they also have a track record of forgetting about things and leaving them to rot. Railjack is Steves big dream project that he wants to see come to fruition. I say more power to him. I am willing to stick around and see that journey through with him. However, if after Railjack is released and complete, if they do not start addressing the concerns of Veterans, then I think Warframe has set course like the Titanic, heading for that iceburg, and the sea floor. The sky is not falling, but the warning bells are sounding. Wake up DE.

3 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

If you have been around Warframe for any length of time, we all know the potential for Railjack will be fantastic, but we all know it will not be released as complete and it will be buggy. That is a given. So yes, curb your expectations now. DE has and can do great things, they also have a track record of forgetting about things and leaving them to rot. Railjack is Steves big dream project that he wants to see come to fruition. I say more power to him. I am willing to stick around and see that journey through with him. However, if after Railjack is released and complete, if they do not start addressing the concerns of Veterans, then I think Warframe has set course like the Titanic, heading for that iceburg, and the sea floor. The sky is not falling, but the warning bells are sounding. Wake up DE.

I'm here for 3 years and what i've seen after POE is that whatever they show on devstreams/Tennocon is the whole package.The potential is huge not only for Railjack but the game as a whole, only never realized, just the smallest fractions.Nothing from those 3 will address vets and that's because the game need to be put in order first, to put that line between new players and older and since there are no even plans for this so far i wouldn't have my hopes high for "endgame".I'm sticking till Duviri, if that fails to deliver then i'm out for good.

This is just my opinion and I don’t want to offend anyone with this!

The main problem - in my eyes - is that the game is in the middle of an identity crisis around what it want to be. The good old loot shooter it is (/was), with the focus around endurance runs and farm events, or the new „rpg“ direction, with things like cetus and fortuna.

I think many old players quitting the game right now had wishes in the old direction which was mixed with many events and quests (short and long).

The new direction is rpg and casual focused (= many new players). But this new dieection is something many veterans don‘t want. The result: they quitt.

For example most of my friends did quitt the game due to the new direction and even for me there is not realy any reason to log in anymore. Cetus and Fortuna are boring for me because thats not what Warframe was for me in the last 6 years.

It was always exciting when they announced the next event (with leaderboards) and the whole clan started the race for the top 100. Every new (little) quest was an highlight.

Now it takes more and more time between content due to the ressources bound by projects like cetus or fortuna or giant cinematic queats. I think this is something we have to get used to. The playerbase will raise for sure but they will start to be a periodic playerbase which will come in for the new content and pause playing until the next.

The first symptom for this is Nightwave which is nothing more than a battlepass that trys to bind the players and „force“ them to play continous.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ayvuir said:

No content = less players = no views = even less players. Sad but true T-T

Well it is always very sad to see Warframe at the bottom of the most viewed games on Twitch but I don't think that this really brings the user to leave or if some partners stop making videos to make people go away. The only thing that gets people away is the game itself and for this I hope and ask if there is room for improvement possible to have new contents, even small ones that can encourage users to play regardless of Twitch / Youtube.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Are Railjack and the New War not content then?

One comes in DECEMBER and the other who the hell knows when it drops. You saying it's fine to continue having no content from now to December?

I love how people like Rio have spoken about this, yet this community is simply so blind to what is happening to the point they legitimately seem to think it's fine to spend months with zero real content.

Edited by Ephemiel

PvEvP is the kind of sustainable content this game needs. It would take long to implement but would be something fun that people can play nonstop not for the rewards but just for the sake of fun, over and over and over. If other games can make me do that then so can Warframe.

If u guys wanna have an idea of what im thinking they could implement, search Squadron Tower Defense, it's a Starcraft 2 custom mode and i think it could be adapted to this game to be immensely fun.

2 minutes ago, Doc.Pyro said:

This is just my opinion and I don’t want to offend anyone with this!

The main problem - in my eyes - is that the game is in the middle of an identity crisis around what it want to be. The good old loot shooter it is (/was), with the focus around endurance runs and farm events, or the new „rpg“ direction, with things like cetus and fortuna.

I think many old players quitting the game right now had wishes in the old direction which was mixed with many events and quests (short and long).

The new direction is rpg and casual focused (= many new players). But this new dieection is something many veterans don‘t want. The result: they quitt.

For example most of my friends did quitt the game due to the new direction and even for me there is not realy any reason to log in anymore. Cetus and Fortuna are boring for me because thats not what Warframe was for me in the last 6 years.

It was always exciting when they announced the next event (with leaderboards) and the whole clan started the race for the top 100. Every new (little) quest was an highlight.

Now it takes more and more time between content due to the ressources bound by projects like cetus or fortuna or giant cinematic queats. I think this is something we have to get used to. The playerbase will raise for sure but they will start to be a periodic playerbase which will come in for the new content and pause playing until the next.

The first symptom for this is Nightwave which is nothing more than a battlepass that trys to bind the players and „force“ them to play continous.

Exactly, although Cetus and Fortuna are also very beautiful and certainly interesting innovations, they do not stand out much from each other and this leads to repetitiveness without being incisive until it can be less frustrating. My proposal is precisely to reduce major upgrades and return to the early years with more frequent updates that encourage players to connect and have fun (this does not mean in any way that Fortuna or Cetus are not funny or that the game today is not fun for lot of)

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

I'm here for 3 years and what i've seen after POE is that whatever they show on devstreams/Tennocon is the whole package.The potential is huge not only for Railjack but the game as a whole, only never realized, just the smallest fractions.Nothing from those 3 will address vets and that's because the game need to be put in order first, to put that line between new players and older and since there are no even plans for this so far i wouldn't have my hopes high for "endgame".I'm sticking till Duviri, if that fails to deliver then i'm out for good.

I agree, but to me the touchstone is Railjack. That is Steve's big dream and baby. The Keystone to the rest of Warframe. If it does flop, it is abandoned, left buggy and incomplete, I think that will be the canary in the coal mine. I think it will take a year maybe two after Railjack release, for DE to get its act together and figure out what direction they really wish to go down. Duvai is just another open world quest from what we know so far. Railjack is supposed to rejuvenate and tie together all of Warframe. See how that does, and then decide.

Warframe has infinite potential, it just needs full execution, attention to detail and long term commitment. Otherwise then I will decide if I wish to stick around or not. Hurry up and wait.