Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there any Revenant players that think he’s bad?

(PSN)SnakeLogic

I have a love hate relationship with Revenant. He is my most played frame. One of my favorite for getting stuff done.  because of this he became rather boring for me to play. I am looking forward to when they release some new augments for him.  He is a pure slaughter machine with insane survivability. He is kinda overkill for 90% of the content to be honest.  He is the closest we can get to god mode in endurance runs. 

Destroyed so much content and took so many enemy lives with Revenant that it became rather monotonous after awhile. It is like I said to myself " Ok. So I can conquer anything with Rev. He is proven tested and true but its time to move on and actually give myself a challenge"

Edited by bananacat89
spelling

"Are there any Revenant players that think he’s bad?"

Thats called masochism if they play something they think is bad or you are asking a very leading question to have people tell you he's not crap. So, what's really your question here?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Crasharr said:

Thats called masochism if they play something they think is bad or you are asking a very leading question to have people tell you he's not crap. So, what's really your question here?

Not really. For the longest time Wukong was bad, objectively speaking, but I still enjoyed playing him despite that.

Not masochism in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Crasharr said:

People play underpowered frames because OP frames make this already easy game into a total snoozfest. Also there are Inaros players.

Edited by Monolake

Had two accounts and only ranked him up to 30 on both.

Never bothered using him much because of his looks and, from ranking up, I didn't have fun playing him.

Looks and fun are pretty much the only factors I consider when deciding if I'm gonna invest in a frame, except for some very niche use, e.g. Trinity for Eidolon hunting and Saryn for ESO.

Although I don't say he's trash, I can't also recommend him to anyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crasharr said:

I phrased the question that way so i could get responses from people that actually have experience with him.

You have a point though, I definitely could have worded it better.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake

I honestly think the only way this argument is going to ever end is if DE reworks Revenant into a proper Eidolon frame and on that same day releases a “new” frame with Revenants old abilities just to keep all the Rev apologists from crying that they lost their over rated abilities.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I honestly think the only way this argument is going to ever end is if DE reworks Revenant into a proper Eidolon frame and on that same day releases a “new” frame with Revenants old abilities just to keep all the Rev apologists from crying that they lost their over rated abilities.

It's not really an argument.

You don't like Revenant because he doesn't fit what you expected him to be and rationalize accordingly.

Whereas other people just like Revenant as-is.

There's no reason to argue over a difference of opinion regarding preference.

As to the rest... While every frame isn't for everybody; Every frame still gives mastery points.

38 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

It's not really an argument.

You don't like Revenant because he doesn't fit what you expected him to be and rationalize accordingly.

Whereas other people just like Revenant as-is.

There's no reason to argue over a difference of opinion regarding preference.

As to the rest... While every frame isn't for everybody; Every frame still gives mastery points.

He look like an Eidolon. Vampires have nothing to do with Eidolons. Therefore vampire powers have no business being on an Eidolon Frame. And while it shouldn’t be an argument over whether or not that statement is true this thread is filled with people who are perfectly content with getting a product that’s basically a straight up lie. And even regardless of the theme his 1-3 are still garbage abilities designed by someone who doesn’t know the first thing about creating a practical frame for the game.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He look like an Eidolon. Vampires have nothing to do with Eidolons. Therefore vampire powers have no business being on an Eidolon Frame

Unless he was a Vampiric frame who's abilities got corrupted by centuries of contact with an Eidolan.

Given Revenant's Quest that seems far more plausible frankly.

And while it shouldn’t be an argument over whether or not that statement is true this thread is filled with people who are perfectly content with getting a product that’s basically a straight up lie.

It is and I did just that with a more thematically sensible explanation than the one you are putting forward tbh.

Oberon was a paladin that is basically a druid and Valkyr is a cat that became a berserker.

Why can't Revenant be a vampire that became an eidolan?

And even regardless of the theme his 1-3 are still garbage abilities designed by someone who doesn’t know the first thing about creating a practical frame for the game.

And yet there are a number of players who enjoy playing Revenant as-is just fine.

Let's be honest, DE could make all the thematic changes you ask for and you still wouldn't pick that version of Revenant over Nidus either.

29 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Unless he was a Vampiric frame who's abilities got corrupted by centuries of contact with an Eidolan.

Given Revenant's Quest that seems far more plausible frankly.

It is and I did just that with a more thematically sensible explanation than the one you are putting forward tbh.

Oberon was a paladin that is basically a druid and Valkyr is a cat that became a berserker.

Why can't Revenant be a vampire that became an eidolan?

And yet there are a number of players who enjoy playing Revenant as-is just fine.

Let's be honest, DE could make all the thematic changes you ask for and you still wouldn't pick that version of Revenant over Nidus either.

If he was a vampire frame before then what was the point of throwing him into a pool of sentient energy for thousands of years if he’s not even going to get anything out of it? It’s like “Train under this martial arts master for 20 years and by the end of it you will learn absolutely nothing.” It makes no sense. If they wanted a vampire frame they should’ve just made a vampire frame instead of shoving its design down the throat of a completely unrelated frame.

and there’s the old “but Oberon” argument.

Druids/Paladins don’t have a set appearance in Warframe. So design is free game when it comes to that. But if you’re going to make a Druid it only makes sense that their appearance would be forest animal related. So Oberons a deer. Same goes for Valkyr. Ever have a cat? They’re angry and they’ll scratch tf out of you. Berserkers are angry and will beat the **** out of you. 

Sentients and Eidolons have a set appearance and abilities in the Warframe universe. You can’t put sentient energy into a frame and have it take on their appearance and then be like “oh wow look at this vampire.” Because vampires and Eidolons have absolutely nothing in common. Eidolons don’t suck blood, turn into bats, mind control people, etc. They shoot lasers. In simple terms Revenant can be summed up as 2+2=🧁 the logic on his theme is completely nonexistent.

And those people who like Revenant as-is are wrong.

Also, how tf do you know whether or not I would like a proper Eidolon frame? The concept is literally “play as a mini version of a boss”. Have you ever played as a boss character in a video game before? I have. And it’s awesome. We could’ve had that. But instead we got this abomination of design and logic all because Rebecca couldn’t keep her vampire obsession in check.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If he was a vampire frame before then what was the point of throwing him into a pool of sentient energy for thousands of years if he’s not even going to get anything out of it? It’s like “Train under this martial arts master for 20 years and by the end of it you will learn absolutely nothing.” It makes no sense. If they wanted a vampire frame they should’ve just made a vampire frame instead of shoving its design down the throat of a completely unrelated frame.

I'm not really even sure what that is supposed to mean bud.

You are kvetching about theme but ignore when the themes sit there under your nose...Or when the theme possesses duality or even if it is just outright arbitrary.

It doesn't make sense to you because the frame isn't what you wanted it to be to begin with.

You have placed a fairly rigid double standard and have chosen to outright ignore the fact that most of the frames in this game have a cursory, at best, thematic relation to the thing they are named for.

Otherwise Loki would be birthing six-legged horses as an ultimate instead (talk about diasarming and distracting a room full of enemies..that'd do it).

33 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Druids/Paladins don’t have a set appearance in Warframe

Neither do Vampires... What is your point? For that matter neither do we have Berserkers, or Eidolans, or even Sentients as reliable (set) examples to pull from truth told.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sentients and Eidolons have a set appearance and abilities in the Warframe universe

Name one thing all sentients/eidolans have in common aside from the need for a day at the beach and a sammich?... What? An inability to reliably navigate doorways?

So much for logic.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sentients and Eidolons have a set appearance and abilities in the Warframe universe. You can’t put sentient energy into a frame and have it take on their appearance and then be like “oh wow look at this vampire.” Because vampires and Eidolons have absolutely nothing in common. Eidolons don’t suck blood, turn into bats, mind control people, etc. They shoot lasers. In simple terms Revenant can be summed up as 2+2=🧁 the logic on his theme is completely nonexistent.

Sure I can...I just did and it makes more sense than any argument you've posed for the last year.

The thematic notion of having a frame that's built completely from an Eidolan makes no sense given the quest line (or almost any other if truth be told).

The idea of having a frame with it's own identity corrupted from Eidolan exposure for long periods makes tons more sense both to design and the story in question. 

But I don't really make claims to being correct though... I'm just spitballing.

That said, I am comfortably of the opinion my stance makes more sense given the existing quest line though.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And those people who like Revenant as-is are wrong.

Rather you feel they are wrong because they don't harbor your view.

Simply put...You've fallen prey to the Wizard's First Rule merely by thinking you haven't imo.

I, otoh, merely feel you are wrong for berating others because the frame isn't what you want it to be.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also, how tf do you know whether or not I would like a proper Eidolon frame? The concept is literally “play as a mini version of a boss”. Have you ever played as a boss character in a video game before? I have. And it’s awesome. We could’ve had that. But instead we got this abomination of design and logic all because Rebecca couldn’t keep her vampire obsession in check.

I don't know...I will say though that your comments for the last year+ leave me with that distinct impression.

I could definitely be wrong and have little doubt they will eventually release another sentient frame at some point ...The we can see you main play it instead, huh?

8 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

I'm not really even sure what that is supposed to mean bud.

You are kvetching about theme but ignore when the themes sit there under your nose...Or when the theme possesses duality or even if it is just outright arbitrary.

It doesn't make sense to you because the frame isn't what you wanted it to be to begin with.

*furiously bangs head against wall*

you cannot be this dense. It cannot be humanly possible to be that dense.

Vampires Have Absolutely Nothing To Do With Eidolons Or Sentients! Vampire powers do not belong on a frame that follows Eidolon and Sentient themes. They do not fit together, there’s no logical sense to combine them. Nothing.

How is that so impossible to grasp?

Neither do Vampires... What is your point? For that matter neither do we have Berserkers, or Eidolans, or even Sentients as reliable (set) examples to pull from truth told.

Name one thing all sentients/eidolans have in common aside from the need for a day at the beach and a sammich?... What? An inability to reliably navigate doorways?

So much for logic.

You’re right. Vampires don’t have a set design theme in Warframe. But they can’t have the sentient/Eidolon design because they have nothing to do with vampires. Eidolons/Sentients already have set lore and abilities. You can’t put their design on a frame and then be like “oh here’s an Eidolon frame despite it doing things Eidolons can’t do”.

1 thing all Eidolons and Sentients have in common. Lasers. They all have lasers.

Sure I can...I just did and it makes more sense than any argument you've posed for the last year.

The thematic notion of having a frame that's built completely from an Eidolan makes no sense given the quest line (or almost any other if truth be told).

The idea of having a frame with it's own identity corrupted from Eidolan exposure for long periods makes tons more sense both to design and the story in question. 

But I don't really make claims to being correct though... I'm just spitballing.

That said, I am comfortably of the opinion my stance makes more sense given the existing quest line though.

How tf does Warframe + Eidolon = vampire make sense? Because as I said in the beginning. What’s the point of corrupting a Warframe with sentient energy for thousands of years if they don’t get any sentient attributes or powers? Why bother making that lore of the end product doesn’t reflect it? If I get exposed to some magical fire crystal and I get powers from it. But those powers have nothing to do with fire and instead I’m shooting cobwebs out my butt. That makes no sense. Your theory makes no sense.

I don't know...I will say though that your comments for the last year+ leave me with that distinct impression.

I could definitely be wrong and have little doubt they will eventually release another sentient frame at some point ...The we can see you main play it instead, huh?

Why create a whole new sentient frame when we already have one with the visual appearance that just needs most of its abilities stripped out and replaced?

On 2019-08-26 at 10:15 PM, JackHargreav said:

Yeah I mean he's not bad. He's still on my list and if there's a mission that I can't do with Hildy or Wukong for some reason I use him. (Or sometimes I take him to missions just for fun.)

I tend to juggle Hildy, Rev, Wookie, Frost or Oberon for most things. When I'm just in it for the AoE to clear something as quick as possible it usually comes down to Saryn, Volt or Enox. Then for arbi survival I have a dedicated spot for Inaros and his trusty kavat, mostly because it is a pretty self sustaining combo where neither frame or pet ever gets down because they constantly keep eachother topped off with health.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That's a great question...

How does the notion of dual themes evade you in a game where it's depicted by: Oberon, Valkyr, Banshee, Equinox, Hydroid, and Limbo (off the top of my head) manage to so readily escape you?

You figure the answer to that one out and perhaps you will catch what actually makes my comments so hard for you to grasp to begin with.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re right. Vampires don’t have a set design theme in Warframe. But they can’t have the sentient/Eidolon design because they have nothing to do with vampires. Eidolons/Sentients already have set lore and abilities.

See above...

And, No... Eidolans and Sentients actually don't as shown previously.

The only coinciding point for those mobs is visual...not functional. Which, incidentally, blows a big fat hole in your argument regarding theme as it relates to Revenant.

...That includes lasers (which not all of them actually use...Even though Revenant actually does)...Which blew another hole in your stance (thanks for bringing it up)

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But they can’t have the sentient/Eidolon design because they have nothing to do with vampires.

Sure they can... Because the design is visual to begin with.

How tf does Warframe + Eidolon = vampire make sense?

Funnily enough, The very definition of the words Eidolan and Vampire. Likewise The PoE quest and the Revenant Quest too.

Of course, for my part,  I posited that it could have been a Vampiric Warframe corrupted with Eidolan energy too though... Which can also pass muster thematically given the actual quest for it.

In this case, had you grasped what an Eidolan is and what a Sentient is... you'd already have gleaned that the two actually aren't the same.

An Eidolan is essentially a Sentient ghost, ghoul, zombie, or vampire.

FYI, the irony of you constantly insulting folks for liking the frame as-is when yours is the only actual stance that makes absolutely no sense is not lost on me. 

Why create a whole new sentient frame when we already have one with the visual appearance that just needs most of its abilities stripped out and replaced?

2 reasons...

1. Because DE isn't going to do what you want as it relates to that frame. Need proof? Name the frame they actually did do that for.

2. Because they haven't added a sentient frame yet...One would think you'd have figured that out already though.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

*furiously bangs head against wall*

you cannot be this dense. It cannot be humanly possible to be that dense.

Vampires Have Absolutely Nothing To Do With Eidolons Or Sentients! Vampire powers do not belong on a frame that follows Eidolon and Sentient themes. They do not fit together, there’s no logical sense to combine them. Nothing.

You’re right. Vampires don’t have a set design theme in Warframe. But they can’t have the sentient/Eidolon design because they have nothing to do with vampires. Eidolons/Sentients already have set lore and abilities. You can’t put their design on a frame and then be like “oh here’s an Eidolon frame despite it doing things Eidolons can’t do”.

1 thing all Eidolons and Sentients have in common. Lasers. They all have lasers.

How tf does Warframe + Eidolon = vampire make sense? Because as I said in the beginning. What’s the point of corrupting a Warframe with sentient energy for thousands of years if they don’t get any sentient attributes or powers? Why bother making that lore of the end product doesn’t reflect it? If I get exposed to some magical fire crystal and I get powers from it. But those powers have nothing to do with fire and instead I’m shooting cobwebs out my butt. That makes no sense. Your theory makes no sense.

Vampires got lasers too. DIO can shoot beams from his eyes. 

Edited by (XB1)aMichealMeyers
DIO

Am 24.8.2019 um 18:23 schrieb (PS4)SnakeLogic:

He has an infinitely scaling damage combo with his 1+3. I don’t use this much day to day, but this is one of the things that makes him viable for long endurance runs.

He has an infinitely scaling tanking ability, that places him at number 2 on the Ranking of Tanking, only behind Nidus.

It's about how people value these things. This only matters if you enjoy endurance runs and find them fun. There is no point in doing them, since they dont give additional or scaling rewards. DE doesnt care about it and neither do a lot of players. If those people those 2 things are rather meaningless and then you are only left with a clunky but extremely energy hungry 4, a single target CC ability and not dying. His 4 can kill enemies but most rooms dont have a layout that benefits him.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-26 at 7:13 PM, Crasharr said:

Here, I'll decipher the true question

Gears, who hurt you?

Edited by Madway7

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's a great question...

How does the notion of dual themes evade you in a game where it's depicted by: Oberon, Valkyr, Banshee, Equinox, Hydroid, and Limbo (off the top of my head) manage to so readily escape you?

You figure the answer to that one out and perhaps you will catch what actually makes my comments so hard for you to grasp to begin with.

See above...

And, No... Eidolans and Sentients actually don't as shown previously.

The only coinciding point for those mobs is visual...not functional. Which, incidentally, blows a big fat hole in your argument regarding theme as it relates to Revenant.

...That includes lasers (which not all of them actually use...Even though Revenant actually does)...Which blew another hole in your stance (thanks for bringing it up)

Sure they can... Because the design is visual to begin with.

Funnily enough, The very definition of the words Eidolan and Vampire. Likewise The PoE quest and the Revenant Quest too.

Of course, for my part,  I posited that it could have been a Vampiric Warframe corrupted with Eidolan energy too though... Which can also pass muster thematically given the actual quest for it.

In this case, had you grasped what an Eidolan is and what a Sentient is... you'd already have gleaned that the two actually aren't the same.

An Eidolan is essentially a Sentient ghost, ghoul, zombie, or vampire.

FYI, the irony of you constantly insulting folks for liking the frame as-is when yours is the only actual stance that makes absolutely no sense is not lost on me. 

2 reasons...

1. Because DE isn't going to do what you want as it relates to that frame. Need proof? Name the frame they actually did do that for.

2. Because they haven't added a sentient frame yet...One would think you'd have figured that out already though.

Ok I’m genuinely convinced you’re just trolling at this point. High tier trolling. But trolling nonetheless.