Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch-gun Riven challenge is borderline impossible

Countess_Hapmuhr

DE, you need to take this particular challenge back to the drawing board, because it is not fun. 

"Kill X amount of enemies without taking damage" The way archwing missions are set up, this is just frustrating and annoying right now.

For those of you not in the know, you can't unveil these in any other mission but an Archwing misson. No Uranus, no Earth, no Venus open worlds. ONLY Archwing.

Where enemies see you hundreds of meters away and fire at you. Oh and they can detect you through walls too.

Honestly DE, carefully moving inch through inch through a mission and sniping enemies I can't actually see, hoping a stray bullet won't hit me, or you know, me getting too close to a vent exhaust. 

I'll give this a few more attempts before I trade it, but honestly, it's completely soured my opinion of Archwing mods. 

13 minutes ago, mikakor said:

you do know that you can use arch-guns in normal missions, right...? it's... very easy to do... you pick a Rhino with Iron Skin build, you pop your arch-gun, and go have easy win/fun....

Yes, but since the riven challenge wasn't displayed, I assumed it wasn't valid for those missions. Now that I tried it, yes, it definitely works. 

I've played this game for six years, but one thing that I'll always hate is these (insert long string of curses here) undocumented "features".

Thanks for the tip!'

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr
  • Like 2

Another thing you didn't know after playing for 6 years, is that arch-gun riven challenge only require you to place the riven in the arch-gun which is used as heavy weapon in your present loadout, then go do the challenge, it will unveil.

• Like 1

for kill x enemies without taking damage......I recommend using a stealth frame like loki or ivara and running exterminate missions as long as its equipped on an arch gun in the heavy weapon slot it does not matter what gun you use to complete it, though it is fun doing the mission with that arch gun. Also this one is more easily done when going against the infested I have found.

4 hours ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

DE, you need to take this particular challenge back to the drawing board, because it is not fun. 

"Kill X amount of enemies without taking damage" The way archwing missions are set up, this is just frustrating and annoying right now.

For those of you not in the know, you can't unveil these in any other mission but an Archwing misson. No Uranus, no Earth, no Venus open worlds. ONLY Archwing.

Where enemies see you hundreds of meters away and fire at you. Oh and they can detect you through walls too.

Honestly DE, carefully moving inch through inch through a mission and sniping enemies I can't actually see, hoping a stray bullet won't hit me, or you know, me getting too close to a vent exhaust. 

I'll give this a few more attempts before I trade it, but honestly, it's completely soured my opinion of Archwing mods. 

...Doesn't Itzal 2 exist?

Edit: oh, seems you don't even actually need to play archwing 😄 

Edited by sinnae

Itzal, Amesha, even Odonata all have methods of completely negating incoming damage. The only AW you couldn't do that with is the depressingly underpowered by comparison Elytron.

Or you could just do the cheaty way, that works too. I just want friends in my missions...

7 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I love "impossible rivens" threads, because they are never impossible.

Never impossible, however they can be such a pain the the -clem- to the point where the 15 endo you would get for trashing it would be a better reward.

hace 9 horas, Countess_Hapmuhr dijo:

Yes, but since the riven challenge wasn't displayed, I assumed it wasn't valid for those missions. Now that I tried it, yes, it definitely works. 

I've played this game for six years, but one thing that I'll always hate is these (insert long string of curses here) undocumented "features".

Thanks for the tip!'

Yes ... dam NM that think players can have some common sense or even try something before ranting in the forum... :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

Never impossible, however they can be such a pain the the -clem- to the point where the 15 endo you would get for trashing it would be a better reward.

Only when you don't know a good strat to complete them.

I could never get Dargyn Pilot kills mid-fall reliably, until I tried different a few Frames. Now I always get the kill mid-fall.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Only when you don't know a good strat to complete them.

I dunno about you, but the one time I saw something like "Get 20 headshots while wall-latched or wall-running without raising an alarm or touching the ground" I just said NOPE and threw that Riven in the trash.

I know it was doable, but like hell I'm going to jump though those hoops.

12 hours ago, kyori said:

Another thing you didn't know after playing for 6 years, is that arch-gun riven challenge only require you to place the riven in the arch-gun which is used as heavy weapon in your present loadout, then go do the challenge, it will unveil.

To be fair, the AW rivens aren't that old, even land based AW are not that old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I dunno about you, but the one time I saw something like "Get 20 headshots while wall-latched or wall-running without raising an alarm or touching the ground" I just said NOPE and threw that Riven in the trash.

Infested missions would be good for that IIRC, as they don't raise the alarm. Just put Patagium on a Loki and camp.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I will gladly take that challenge over any of my "3 headshot kills in a single aimglide" rivens that I have...especially since the jupiter tileset rework removed all of the air vents that made it more easily doable, and you can no longer cheese it with Limbos stasis either.
Still haven't found a decent way to do that challenge.

For your specific challenge I take a Loki (for his passive) and either go against infested or in the void as neither of those places have alarms.  Can be done in just a few seconds of getting the enemies to all group up with his decoy.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

You can complete that in less than 60 sec.

Loki without any mods can't stick to a wall for 60 sec, I guess, before you need to refresh the latch time. Just use an Ignis in a infested mission (infested enemies are mostly melee, so they will always run up to you and won't try to take cover) and you got yourself a new unveiled riven.

31 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I will gladly take that challenge over any of my "3 headshot kills in a single aimglide" rivens that I have

It's still easy to complete this one. A few weapons trivialize it a lot, namely, Catchmoon, Fulmin and Arca Plasmor.

I always go to the Void and camp in dead-end rooms. Enemies will always rush into the room in a straight line.

I never used Limbo or the vents in Jupiter for this one.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

55 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I will gladly take that challenge over any of my "3 headshot kills in a single aimglide" rivens that I have...especially since the jupiter tileset rework removed all of the air vents that made it more easily doable, and you can no longer cheese it with Limbos stasis either.

I use Zephyr on POE.  Use 3, hit a base, boosted 1 down to get the float and then pop goes the riven.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

Like all challenges, this one is trivialized if you find the right frame. I did mine by using Loki with his wall-latch passive. Go to an infested survival, gather a bunch of enemies up, and then blast them all with a Soma or something similar.

Edited by sinnae

17 hours ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

You need to think outside your comfort zone. There are plenty ways to do this challenge with so little effort needed. I have a buddy that does sorties everyday and whenever my friend gets a riven, gives them to me for me to unlock.

I have little to no interest in farming/hoarding rivens. But the challenges keeps me occupied for a bit so I enjoy doing them. I give them back of course but if i unveiled a weapon I like to use, I ask if I could keep it. ;D

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

For your specific challenge I take a Loki (for his passive) and either go against infested or in the void as neither of those places have alarms.  Can be done in just a few seconds of getting the enemies to all group up with his decoy.

The MOA pet tractor beam precept plus Zephyr's first ability allows you to stay in Aim Glide for 10-15 seconds.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I love "impossible rivens" threads, because they are never impossible.

But can be really, really annoying at times.

Like my Shotgun Riven asking for 11 headshots from more than 100m away. Planned on using Knell for that, for the simple reason it has a scope, but still annoying.