Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 test and the Stealth mechanic

ZzVinniezZ

Take your time. As far as i remember, there is no time limit. I may have failed that test in the past due to rushing.

...and i used a regular dagger type weapon since i’m so bad at redeemer and glaives.

Edited by Sandomere

I think I used Zephyr and Broken War for MR 9 test. I sat at the top of pillars and jumped down at opportune times to silently kill. Zephyr always drops softly so as to not alert anyone! You can use other frames to do the same, but you need to remember to aim glide down to land softly or you'll alert enemies.

EDIT: I had clan mates who used Skiajati for this test, though I did not have this sword yet! There is a harder version of MR 9 test later where Skiajati did not seem as helpful for me... so perhaps not as helpful for MR 9 either (I used Glaive for this later harder test).

Edited by nslay

2 hours ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Get a Redeemer or a Redeemer Prime, and a Banshee or Banshee Prime.

This combination is a nice life-saver for stealth, and will help you throught Mr 19 test.

THIS.

@ZzVinniezZ, use the method in the post I quoted. It is fool-proof. Disregard anything else. Primes are completely unneeded, you can easily do this with base redeemer and banshee.

The idea is that you stand on the platform you spawn at and shoot enemies with the redeemer. It's not silent by default, but bacause you are banshee it becomes silenced (no ability cast needed, it's banshee's passive).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

ok so a friend of my said that doing MR 9 test is too difficult to pass due to the Enemies able to detect you at extreme range (kinda like Eidolon map detection range). so i tested it out myself and here is the result.

1. Enemies detection range

_ as i have said they have extremely high sensitive detection, one of the test i tried to hide behind the pillar and he somehow detected me and fail one try. what?? how?

_ 2nd time is that when i tried to stealth kill a grineer and the grineer on the walkway from far away able to detect me killing the grineer and fail another try.

_ at stage 2 of the stealth test, you spawn in....in front of the enemies...result in instant fail (why???)

2. Stealth kill range

_ ok this is not a major problem but...you are forced to somehow stay extremely near behind enemies back to able to perform the stealth kill, 1 out of 20 stealth kill, you will bump into enemies and alert them, what do you know? fail.

3. bug(?)

_ sometime when you stealth kill enemies, they still detected you even if they died?? (prove me wrong on this one or im that lucky to get this bug)

4. Meta weapon

_ only Glaive / Redeemer able to help you with this one, it is possible to use other weapons to pass the test but it near impossible to.

5. Execution time is not your friend

_ whatever you do...don't take any weapon that take too much time on execution, it will result in enemies that are approaching to your area or on patrol and got you in their "Extreme" line of sight, resulting in you failing the mission.

6. corpses

_ yeah....idk chief, leaving the corpses there for enemies to be on full alert is not the best but....it almost impossible to deal with this as the test area is quite open resulting in enemies on full alert.

final Verdict: MR9 test is too difficult, it needs a fix and so does the stealth mechanic or remove this test and replace by something better. it is possible to pass this test with Glaive and redeemer but not everyone at MR9 would craft those or already sold them for weapon slots. please allow this mission to be possible for all melee and not restricted to ranged melee only (even if u got ranged melee you still have a hard time trying to pass it). i tested 10 times and only twice that i passed. 

if you think that is fair then perhaps give the test a re-try (im at MR 26 and re-take this test to make sure if my friend MR9 is joking and i somehow questioned myself how did i passed this test at 1st try back then?)

p/s: you can just summon Arch-gun and kill everything to pass this test if you shoot them fast enough. except my friend don't have arch gun unlocked yet. sound stupid i know but it worked.

fine DE, if u dont fix stealth...i will fix it...with bullets

Use throwing weapons with power throw and the quick return. You get range and they are silent. When you hit solid points like walls and the floors the resulting explosion works as a silent kill. Works great if you are a floor under the enemies.

if anyone sees this just do the following. i tried it multiple times and it seems to be consistent and was what i did like two years ago but i re-recorded it for someone in a topic yesterday. or just use redeemer but i thought it felt lame so i refused to do so.

Spoiler

Use a melee weapon with enough range so that won't lock you down into finisher animation, the enemies die from a single hit so whips/polearms are good for that. Alternately the easiest way to cheese MR9 and MR19 tests are Banshee with a gunblade. You can't use abilities, sure, but Banshee's passive still applies to the gunblade shots, making them silent so you can just snipe enemies in the tests with ease. Sarpa and Redeemer are available from MR8 and MR4 respectively, use Bullet Dance stance for easy shots on charged melee.

Someone in region was complaining about the MR 19 test, and I went in to try it, and I can confirm that there is absolutely something wonky/changed about it.  It's still possible to complete, but the sight range and  sensing is considerably more difficult than the last time I did this (I expected to just walk through it, it took me a few tries to even clear out more than 3 or 4).  Yes, you can cheese with banshee and redeemer, but there's actually some dramatic changing in how easily they are alerted or go from alert->firing (in a few cases I got them to detect me while I was crouched and out of where they will bother to try to shoot, so they would detect me, then start running to get into range- with an assault rifle- this is not how it normally works).  

This is a new(ish) change, and I assume it's affecting the MR 9 one as well, but I can confirm something's very strange about the 19 one and doing it without wisp (for the stealth while jumping) or banshee/redeemer  seems far too difficult and just slightly more random than fun.  Feels like they're not respecting crouch, range, or line of sight strictly anymore, though they still don't have great hearing (can only hear you sprinting if you're super close, or fire a non silenced redeemer).  

If you're insisting that the lesson is to 'git gud' I assure you I've done the test (perhaps 2 months ago?) for my own MR, but I found it considerably harder than it was the original time.  Try it if you don't believe it, there's something off about the whole setup.

Give it a shot if you'd like.  It's certainly beatable, but not reliably, and it's dramatically harder than it was, or reasonably should be. 

To be clear, I'm MR 27, I finished this test (though I did stumble on it a hair) without using anything special, I believe I used daggers  and loki for runspeed (though I couldn't swear to that).  I remember a lot of crouching behind pillars and timing out the pathing.  It feels like this might be a change with Gauss's patch, though of course it's possible it happened earlier than that.

It was rough enough that I felt compelled to come to the forums for one of my first posts (first ever?  Not sure) and look for a post on a similar issue and comment on it, even though it has no effect on me personally.

On 2019-09-07 at 2:29 AM, sleepychewbacca said:

Though that being said, I heard DE broke stealth or something. Adaro runs have not been the same given that enemies can now be alerted if they see you sleepquinox them, and even stealth scanning has broken. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a thing.

Ever since the mainline, the enemy sightlines got increased up to around 30 meters. This becomes even more apparent with Ospreys instantly alerting nearby enemies. Worse, the patch notes never mention this.

On 2019-09-06 at 8:00 PM, ZzVinniezZ said:

well "use your warframe stealth abilities" locked my loki abilities seem fair when enemies can detect you extreme easily

On 2019-09-06 at 8:15 PM, 844448 said:

Isn't passing without making any mistake the purpose of having a test? Now you have enemies with better awareness because stealth is considered too easy

On 2019-09-06 at 8:53 PM, NekroArts said:

I'm doing it right now, just so I can make a clear advice on completing it.

Passed it on the 1st try. Am I the only 1???

Add speed mods to your fastest frame. Add enemy detection mods, the map shows you when enemies turn around. Add Skiajati, gain invisibility on stealth finishers. The first enemy is a freebie. No abilities or crazy strategies required 

Here I thought everyone did this with a breeze. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Passed it on the 1st try. Am I the only 1???

Add speed mods to your fastest frame. Add enemy detection mods, the map shows you when enemies turn around. Add Skiajati, gain invisibility on stealth finishers. The first enemy is a freebie. No abilities or crazy strategies required 

Here I thought everyone did this with a breeze. 

Because I walked under the assumption that maybe they don't have what you used. While getting the Skiajati can help (and a valid tip) I asked myself "what if I don't have it, but I want to be able to do it now (if not sooner) than later?". So, I give a tip for that case; it definitely won't be easy as using the Skiajati, but it at least they can have a good chance at doing it now. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Bushratt762 said:

yea, this mission is a fail... ive tried everything. i dont have all the high end stuff others are saying to use.. without that stuff, it cant be done.. i dont want to be 8 forever, this needs to be fixed... soon.

Can you make Redeemer and Banshee?

I've faced different issue. I've perfected practice and now I'm passing it every time. Doing actual test fails (well, 3 times so far), although I'm retracing my own steps, doing exactly same moves. This subtle difference, for some weird reason, is something that get me. I will eventually pass, but this is somewhat frustrating... I now know exactly which enemy can spot me in test (never in practice though)... so I will practice different sequence of kills.

I did not read all the posts, but I really hope some one picked up on your gun makes noise. If any one hears it you fail. The redeemer makes noise. Glave also makes noise. If you look at the weapon under thrown it says loud or something to that effect. 

Also powers are off so don’t tell any one to cheese this with Loki won’t work.

just do it with a fast stealth kill Welp with channeling on to remove body’s.