Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.5

[DE]Megan

First of all: Thanks for the patch and your constant work to improve the game!

But i gotta say: 

• Increased estimate for free-space needed to optimize download cache to avoid some people with nearly-full drives running into problems

^THIS made my day. I was already complaining to a lot of people about the fact that the launcher asks for 20 (!!!) GB of free space to optimize 1200 MB of
    "Junk Data" that magically appeared and accumulated during update processes. Now it is asking for 29 (!!!) GB of free space to optimize 1800 MB of that "Junk Data" that should not even be there in the first place. This is worse than the Windows defragmentation, which is already pretty obsolete with modern storage devices. How the heck do you even manage to generate that amount of surplus data? This results in me not being able to optimize anything, which is suggested in the patch notes to "test the new system", and which i would really like to do but unless i put the game on a new storage device or remove a metric ton of other data on the device, this is impossible. I'm sorry that i tend to use my harddrives to their full capacity, but the amount of free space required to sort out junk that shouldn't even exist is just simply ridiculous and from a programmers point of view also not justified in any way. 

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.5

Changes:

• Operator Ear Accessories will now be visible when the Saturn Six mask is in the closed position.

Fixes:

• Fixed a number of different Operator accessories excessively clipping with the Norg Mask and Mother's Mask when ‘Hood Opened” is selected.

The haztech mask operator helmet still blocks face accessoire cosmetics (mouth masks & diadems) when opened, but the umbra hooded scarf displays them when opened.

hxTeEBC.jpg

Would like to see Universal Medallions actually UNIVERSAL again. Stop appealing to the vocal minority crying about 1k standing tokens that ultimately don't affect their PvP experience.

Also fix the dark split-sword holster and skins. They've been broken for over a year.

8 hours ago, Pandemonium.. said:

soooooooooooo.... when will you make conclave actually accessible to newer players? it's literally impossible to play, either because connection is nonexistent, people don't play, or there are 4 guys who have obviously spent over 150 hours playing conclave and are practically impossible to defeat for people just hopping in to conclave.

Technically Conclave isn't that bad. My first experience with it were well, exactly like this, but later on I figured out that I made a few mistakes with it:

* I joined it with the very first frame I got in the game and I starter with Volt. He's probably not the best frame there. Especially if you take into consideration that you start without energy and I had no idea for a while I even have any abilities there. >_>

* I haven't configured my loadout at all. Well, not like I had to configure anything at that point since I haven't had any decent guns to use there anyway, but I had no idea how. I mean I've seen that some loadout is selected, but which one? How to configure it?

* I've started with my starting weapons there. How do you think a bow and kunai work there? I mean, maybe someone can make them work, but I didn't manage at that point.

Only later on I figured out that I still have some abilities there and actually can (and should) manage my loadout. After that I've played a few more matches with better frame (and they differ by amount of health/shields they have there beside abilities) and guns and was quite successful by killing most of my opponents. It's not like I'm a newb to fps pvp after all. Anyone with Quake/Unreal/Doom experience will do there just fine if pick weapons properly. PvP mods do help, but only a little by QoL improvements. It's still skill-based mode.

5 minutes ago, TyrianMollusk said:

Man, I wish you guys cared half as much about the controllers we actually use to play your game as you do about pretend guitars.

Actually, I've seen quite a few patches with some fixes/updates related to the controllers. Never used one to play the game, though, so can't really say were these fixes good or bad. I don't have a large TV in my room to connect my laptop to and play from a couch, though.

19 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Historically we've seen updates like this one choke because the small file operations trigger Anti-virus scanning. In local testing disabling AV radically improved the "download" speed.

I have seen something like that happen in the past with a system using Kaspersky.

I haven't played Ember in awhile and it's passive ability is now totally useless, I cannot do self harm to myself to regen energy and do more damage while I'm on fire by activating Embers Passive Ability.

Passive Ability: Regenerates 10 Energy/s and increases Ability Strength by 35% while on Fire.

Found it, was taken away with update 25.0     well this sucks, now I either need to drop energy pods or void dash for energy when I had a perfect synergy going with Javlok and Ember.

Jovian Concord update

Javlok

• Reduced zoom FOV. 
  • Adjusted Impact and radial Damage split from 230 Impact and 50 area-of-effect to 160 Impact and 120 area-of-effect.
  • Increased area-of-effect radius from 1.6m to 2m.
  • Increased projectile speed from 70 to 130.
  • Removed self damage from Primary fire.
  • Removed damage fall off from Primary fire area-of-effect.
  • Auto recall timer reduced from 20 to 6 secs.

Why mess with a synergy the Javlok and Ember were made for each other. 😞 😞 😞 

20 hours ago, EighthGear said:

Please fix the reduced damage reduction on eidolon limbs for next hotfix. 😞 Eidolons are one of the few pieces of difficult content left in WF, but this damage reduction bug is sucking the last bit of challenge out of it. All the optimizations are much appreciated though, game continues to run like a dream.

Of course you'll not be able to enjoy the fight when your squad is made of meta warframes and weapons. If you want it to be difficult, how about doing it solo with non-meta frames/weapons? I still have not maxed out Operator dps abilities. I do not have Volt Prime and I do not want to waste forma and potato on regular Volt. As a result, I can hardly capture the Gantulyst in one solo night before daytime. It's difficult and challenging enough for me. If you want the fight to be difficult you can always disable your operator abilities, use non-meta frames/weapons and play solo. 

5 hours ago, Irelia-Hime said:

First of all: Thanks for the patch and your constant work to improve the game!

But i gotta say: 

• Increased estimate for free-space needed to optimize download cache to avoid some people with nearly-full drives running into problems

^THIS made my day. I was already complaining to a lot of people about the fact that the launcher asks for 20 (!!!) GB of free space to optimize 1200 MB of
    "Junk Data" that magically appeared and accumulated during update processes. Now it is asking for 29 (!!!) GB of free space to optimize 1800 MB of that "Junk Data" that should not even be there in the first place. This is worse than the Windows defragmentation, which is already pretty obsolete with modern storage devices. How the heck do you even manage to generate that amount of surplus data? This results in me not being able to optimize anything, which is suggested in the patch notes to "test the new system", and which i would really like to do but unless i put the game on a new storage device or remove a metric ton of other data on the device, this is impossible. I'm sorry that i tend to use my harddrives to their full capacity, but the amount of free space required to sort out junk that shouldn't even exist is just simply ridiculous and from a programmers point of view also not justified in any way. 

Imagine the outrage of warframe crashing someones workstation that they also so happen to game on. imagine downloading a game on steam while it's optimizing the cache (if it only does the check initially) and filling up the drive with new files that reduce the space available to it initially. 

Regardless of if you have an SSD or an HDD you should have at least like 10% bare minimum of your drive free, preferably 20%. past that point performance takes a massive hit, and things like Trim for SSD's aren't going to trim over the used data fast enough unless you have them set to trim like 2x a day. 

If you're really starving for space like that do the research about deleting hiberfile.sys, and reducing the size of your paging file. You can also clean up some windows store apps and other stuff that come with windows etc. 

If you play games like warframe and aren't too worried about "local data" aka saves that are stored locally on the drive rather than in the cloud, you can even get away with running games on USB 3.0 drives. On my laptop i run warframe off a 128GB usb drive i bought for less than $20. These are more prone to failure than an SSD or HDD, but if all your saves are in the cloud a USB game drive failure just means you need to redownload the game onto another USB. Never had one fail on me personally from brands like Sandisk/PNY

vor 23 Stunden schrieb [DE]Glen:

Historically we've seen updates like this one choke because the small file operations trigger Anti-virus scanning. In local testing disabling AV radically improved the "download" speed.

mmh that makes more sense, thanks. will try next time~

1 hour ago, LetsPlayArbitration said:

Imagine the outrage of warframe crashing someones workstation that they also so happen to game on. imagine downloading a game on steam while it's optimizing the cache (if it only does the check initially) and filling up the drive with new files that reduce the space available to it initially. 

Regardless of if you have an SSD or an HDD you should have at least like 10% bare minimum of your drive free, preferably 20%. past that point performance takes a massive hit, and things like Trim for SSD's aren't going to trim over the used data fast enough unless you have them set to trim like 2x a day. 

If you're really starving for space like that do the research about deleting hiberfile.sys, and reducing the size of your paging file. You can also clean up some windows store apps and other stuff that come with windows etc. 

If you play games like warframe and aren't too worried about "local data" aka saves that are stored locally on the drive rather than in the cloud, you can even get away with running games on USB 3.0 drives. On my laptop i run warframe off a 128GB usb drive i bought for less than $20. These are more prone to failure than an SSD or HDD, but if all your saves are in the cloud a USB game drive failure just means you need to redownload the game onto another USB. Never had one fail on me personally from brands like Sandisk/PNY

I can't tell if you want us to believe that you're technically savvy, or if you think that any of this makes sense.  I applaud the use of buzz words so that people might mistake this for knowledge, but then you whip out knowledge that stopped being relevant when SSDs dropped to a reasonable price and SLC was the absolute best thing ever.

1) 20 GB is pretty insane for setting aside.  If you want windows 10 you only need 32 GB of total space (May 2019 update).  You're telling me that 62.5% of the storage space is required to optimize Warframe, and now 90% of the space is required....  Seriously?

2) 10%-20% is a good rule of thumb for old hard drives.  This was because the reads on outer rings versus inner rings, along with the seek times, made access an issue.  SSDs don't work in the same way, as nothing travels.  You have pre-assigned blocks that can't be written to, and you never need to defrag because TRIM commands allow the SSD controller to write in open data blocks (saving life and performance, ancient SSDs just kept going hence the performance losses).  Please enter the modern world, with modern file systems and hardware.

3) Local data is the game.  The program requests things like texture data and the like from non-volatile memory.  It reads the data, transfers to volatile memory, performs actions, and continues until it encounters either a write or read requirement for data.   By taking data that isn't often written to (IE - game files), and offloading them to something like a USB drive the primary loss is in streaming data to volatile memory.  This tactic will result in longer load times, the exact thing that 10-20% rule from a decade ago is meant to counter.  This isn't a solution to not having a big drive, it's ignoring the ability to buy a larger drive, so you can by an outside storage drive, where the controller is not designed to stream data in the same way as an internal drive.  Wow.

4) If your computer has a paging file in regular use it's because you don't have enough RAM.  Cutting out the paging file will cut into performance.  If your solution to not wanting to spend the money on a bigger drive, or more RAM, or a game that is efficiently programmed such that junk collection doesn't require a huge provisioning of space is to choke out the memory then you deserve the resulting garbage performance.

Disregard 1-4 above if you'd like.  The point is that instead of being better the easy solution is simply to require more space.  It's pretty lazy, and it's requiring more for a game that's not adding enough to justify that.  Let's take a step back, and look at what games I could fit into 9 GB of space instead of having to keep them empty in-case Warframe decides to finally clean itself up.

Terraria - 101 MB

Slime Rancher - 1 GB

Rimworld - 500 MB

Amid Evil - 5 GB

Still looking at 2+ GB of free space.  

That's the frustration.  Instead of better, we're looking at the easy option.  An easy option which we can't see benefits from.  I understand there are ways to make a potato run games, but that doesn't mean that you should use that as a source of pride.  

31 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

I can't tell if you want us to believe that you're technically savvy, or if you think that any of this makes sense.  I applaud the use of buzz words so that people might mistake this for knowledge, but then you whip out knowledge that stopped being relevant when SSDs dropped to a reasonable price and SLC was the absolute best thing ever.

1) 20 GB is pretty insane for setting aside.  If you want windows 10 you only need 32 GB of total space (May 2019 update).  You're telling me that 62.5% of the storage space is required to optimize Warframe, and now 90% of the space is required....  Seriously?

2) 10%-20% is a good rule of thumb for old hard drives.  This was because the reads on outer rings versus inner rings, along with the seek times, made access an issue.  SSDs don't work in the same way, as nothing travels.  You have pre-assigned blocks that can't be written to, and you never need to defrag because TRIM commands allow the SSD controller to write in open data blocks (saving life and performance, ancient SSDs just kept going hence the performance losses).  Please enter the modern world, with modern file systems and hardware.

3) Local data is the game.  The program requests things like texture data and the like from non-volatile memory.  It reads the data, transfers to volatile memory, performs actions, and continues until it encounters either a write or read requirement for data.   By taking data that isn't often written to (IE - game files), and offloading them to something like a USB drive the primary loss is in streaming data to volatile memory.  This tactic will result in longer load times, the exact thing that 10-20% rule from a decade ago is meant to counter.  This isn't a solution to not having a big drive, it's ignoring the ability to buy a larger drive, so you can by an outside storage drive, where the controller is not designed to stream data in the same way as an internal drive.  Wow.

4) If your computer has a paging file in regular use it's because you don't have enough RAM.  Cutting out the paging file will cut into performance.  If your solution to not wanting to spend the money on a bigger drive, or more RAM, or a game that is efficiently programmed such that junk collection doesn't require a huge provisioning of space is to choke out the memory then you deserve the resulting garbage performance.

Disregard 1-4 above if you'd like.  The point is that instead of being better the easy solution is simply to require more space.  It's pretty lazy, and it's requiring more for a game that's not adding enough to justify that.  Let's take a step back, and look at what games I could fit into 9 GB of space instead of having to keep them empty in-case Warframe decides to finally clean itself up.

Terraria - 101 MB

Slime Rancher - 1 GB

Rimworld - 500 MB

Amid Evil - 5 GB

Still looking at 2+ GB of free space.  

That's the frustration.  Instead of better, we're looking at the easy option.  An easy option which we can't see benefits from.  I understand there are ways to make a potato run games, but that doesn't mean that you should use that as a source of pride.  

Thank you for adding to what i said, i'm aware of basically everything you mentioned. I'm assuming the average joe running low on disk space (not someone who builds their own rigs) has never touched a sata cable in their lives and probably doesn't want to learn how to do anything that is beyond maybe installing a driver. At the very least for this average joe connecting a cheap and affordable $20 USB device to a laptop with no other internal storage bays will be cheaper than finding someone to clone him over to a larger drive or SSD. Sure the performance takes a bit of a hit, but joe doesn't really mind considering that he has a laptop with low end specs. Sure joe could invest over $50 into an external HDD or SSD solution, but joe finds letting go of $20 for the ability to store warframe and several other games a good deal. Joe isnt playing competitive games on his laptop with a wireless non gaming mouse using his wooden desk as a mousepad, joe only cares about getting warframe to fit on a drive for around $20 with no technical finesse required. People who arent like joe (you and i) already know what we need and are willing to spend money. Joe has no idea what a "sata" or a "2.5" or "3.5" is. Joe has never used disk management, clonezilla, or gparted in his life.

Also those games range from SNES to Quake live graphics. Warframe is aesthetically on the same level of AAA titles. You can probably play all the games you listed perfectly fine on a laptop with integrated graphics. Warframe 60fps on integrated graphics requires a lot of graphical sacrifices. I can fit around 50 or more wii/gamecube games into the same size of BO4 but that's not exactly a fair comparison because BO4 is a newer game and meant to translate well into the future of 4K. with warframe you're almost looking at comparing it to destiny 2 and that game base alone is literally 2x larger. 

Archived