Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

13 minutes ago, Quickbash said:

>more rewards, poopier rotation, less endo - same amount of time spent

>more vitus, poopier prices - same amount of time spent

isthisajoke?.jpg

this sounds like literally the same thing with a different coat of paint. you're just giving us dopamine hits more often, but the grind is the exact same.

on paper it sounds bogus, well see how it do when it's out.

i approve of the new mods. at least some(depends on their numbers) of them.

It takes 250 minutes in survival now to get 25 vitus essence to buy an archgun riven.  If you did just survival that takes 250 minutes.  With new system if they make it cost 50% more it will be 37 or 38 vitus essence, which takes 37-38 5 minute rotations instead/185 or 190 minutes.  Saves you over an hour of time because the arbiter drones will be dropping vitus essence too.  Sounds a heck of a lot better.

New rotation is crap?  25 minute mark is where you begin getting C rewards in survival with this change to AABBCCCCCCCC... instead of 30 minutes.  

Reduce endo rewards by 25% but you get twice as many rewards, so that's a net positive for endo farming as well especially since I assume we're still getting sculptures/can't reduce endo gain on those if you fill them up with stars unless they're tweaking the amount you gain from fully filled sculptures, which they did not mention in this post at all and why would they.  

Overall, great change for the mode.  People wanted better rewards and we are now getting better rewards and have more options.  

The rotation changes are nice, Drones dying with a chance at Vitus is nice, the Endo and Vitus economy changes are fine.

The problem I have is dumping even more drops into the pool instead of making them something bought with Vitus essence. This will just end up being an Adaption +the other 3 situation, where 1 drop is worth plat and wanted and the others are all a wasted rotation. Instead, please put the mods + Arcanes for sale for Vitus essence, and if you have to dilute the drop tables do so by making the drop chance that would be mods/Arcanes the 3x Vitus essence pack.

Also a annoyance with Arbitrations overall is it seems to be based on nodes. Which means things like Infested Salvage and Defection (or any node with Orokin) are incredibly rare, when ideally Arbitrations should have a more even chance. Currently for instance there are 11 Infested Defense nodes out of 27 total Defense nodes; if a Defense mission is picked, 40.7% of the time it will be Infested (on the flip side, only 7.4% of the time will it be Orokin). What should change is Arbitrations picks 1 of the 7 mission types (Defense/Survival/Excavation/etc.), and then picks a valid faction type. So if Arbitrations rolled Defense, it would then have a 25% chance to be Grineer, 25% chance to be Corpus, 25% chance to be Infested, and 25% chance to be Orokin.

The skew does not have to be exactly 1/7 for missions and 1/4 for factions, but ideally it should allow players who prefer Infested Salvage or Defection or fighting Orokin to actually encounter Arbitrations for them.

11 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Wait, wait wait...

I can, with complete confidence, say that the Time investment was literally the problem with the other modes of Arbitration.

Arbitrations see very little change between their rotations for reward pools. All the mods and Aura forma are shared between A B and C. The only thing that changes is the percentage chance, the amount of Endo and what type of ayatan you can get, oh and Seeding Ephemera is C locked. If the new drop tables are structured the same way then it won't be an issue. All of the desirable rewards will still be available in the early rotations and the mission scaling will still ramp up faster than standard missions. What this does is just give people the option for smaller time investment.

hace 1 hora, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

Nekros going Healer now? :3

i was already a healer withc sancti magistar and a riven 

using just range prime got like 30 mts 2k healing for kill 

if i get a riven with more range i could heal even 70 mts but 30 mts is more than enough so you can build to power and heal every then 

il y a 37 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :
  • Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.
  • Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 3x Vitus Essence.
  • Kuva has been added to the Arbiter Offerings, for purchase with Vitus Essence.

• When these Arbitration reward changes go live, the price of goods in the Arbiters’ reward manifest will increase by about 50%
  • When the update is released, we will also run a script to increase players’ existing Vitus stockpiles by an equivalent amount. If you had 2 Vitus before the update, you’ll have 3 after! 

The big downside i ever felt was the twice longer rotation, this will be really enjoyable.

Ahhhhh... Feels farm man ! Thx for that update (SOONTM).

Before the Heavy Weapon Summon Arcane can be useful, the heavy weapons themselves need a buff. Even with Rivens they are at best mediocre. Also the Riven disposition on them was pre-nerfed far too much to make them worthwhile. The power of most arch gun mods is behind the primary weapon mods.

Defense Arbitrations should be adressed, as they can fail way too easily with the defense target wandering off to enemy spawn points and dying

41 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Is this all going to be on the rotations drop tables?.. isn't that going to further dilute everything else?

Can't you just add this stuff to the store? This way people that want to farm for the other stuff won't be impacted.

We have to grind for Vitus Essence anyways, and at least that gives us a choice of what to get on the store instead of pollution the tables with once-and-forget rewards ... 

Its called "rewards" for a reason. Besides, they will add value - and several reasons - for players to run Arbitration for...

... a while longer.

il y a 3 minutes, RadonRadish a dit :

Give me a reason to use these auras over Corrosive Projection. 

Well, we have quite an interesting aura for Lanka user in Eidolon hunt. Actually with the 3 projections, we use the aura for sniper rifle dmg, wich is totally crap with chroma buff. That will be a  nice addition. But i don't see any point for the others 😕

Double drop frequency in most of the modes? great
Increased costs by 50%... this means the benefit of the doubledrop is halved, that's... acceptable, lowers the previous benefit but it's still better rewards.
Diluting the drop tables with arcanes and mods people will want a limited amount of... this is the Dread situation.
The first one is great, it's the hundreds that follow that are horrible.

This completely negates all benefits from the increased drop rate and adds more things that will inevitably become unwanted.
WHEN someone gets all the new things, they will not want more, if you add more of these things, you are not drawing said person to repeat Arbitrations at all.

With this patch, you are taking one step forward and two steps back.

The store demands a set amount of effort, absolutely no RNG.
Nobody has any actual issue with the store items as those are obtained on demand only.

One look at an item reveals how many rotations in arbitrations are needed to aquire it.

That is an excellent system. Please do not let it go to waste.

FFS... I'm one of the many who only play excavation due to the rewards-per-time spent. And honestly, I even think that made isn't rewarding enough (for vitus essence) for the time investment. Anyways, I was pretty excited by the changes I was reading here because even if the other game modes were on part with excavation, I would at least be more willing to run them. But then they in creased the price in the store!??!? Why??? A 20-30% increased rate of vitus earnings is no were near enough. 50% more than what we get on current excavation would be just enough to make me want to run them. Call me a spoiled veteran or whatever, but I'm struggling to find reasons to play the game at all (rewards wise).

All that said, I love DE and this game. Just expressing my feelings on the change. 

The changes are good and solve most of the problems I currently have with arbitration.

That being said, I think the drop table is already diluted as is. Rather than keep adding to it, just leave the rotational rewards to only vitus essence, endo, and statues. Everything else (seeding step, aura forma, and the current mods) should be moved to shop. The issue being that most drops are largely one and done collectables. This would give players option and spare them from dreading the 30th seeding step drop.

Arbitration drones, imo, do not need to drop vitus essence. If they really need to drop something, make it cyan stars with a rare amber drop. However, their current issue still stands with visibility. Giving them a shine similar to the spore ephemera would make them easier to see like demolysts.

Great work with this current outline! I'm happy with it as is already 😄

The update sounds great so far,(minus the stars, but it looks like they won't be added to the drop table so that's nice) the only thing I wish it had was a change to the amount of nodes you could chose from every hour. It would be nice if there was at least 3 different mission types to chose from every hour because sometimes there's a mission type that's not really what you want to do, or you've been doing that mission for a couple hours already and want to do a different mission type. But I'm thankful either way that arbitrations are getting touched up again they're the most fun missions for me in Warframe currently by miles, keep up the great work!

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

The Vitus prices in our store were based on the current rate of acquisition

@Rhiramas, [DE]Connor said ^ this ^ on purpose. If players are going to get more Vitus Essence, then its obvious that its value will decrease, resulting in the need for more Vitus Essence to get anything from the Arbiter Offerings shop.

I just want the revive mechanic to leave. It truly took away the challenge Arbitrations had, people were bringing their 'A' game and their best gear to it. Now it just punishes players who are alive for other's mistake and for them to die again and again every few minutes can get annoying.

A change I would like to see are the Arbitration Shield Drones, making enemies straight-up immune to everything is bad design. Instead, why not make it to where the drones gives enemies high damage reduction and lower duration on CC like the Demolysts. So you can still CC the enemies affected by the drones, but the more you use the same CC on them, the lower the duration of said CC gets. This will at least allow players to bring CC and more damage related Warframes in to Arbitrations instead of enforcing players to bring tanky Warframes. 

I am aware these changes are heavily focused on rewards and the rate we earn them (which is good), but I really do hope you also look at Arbitrations gameplay wise.

The changes here seems good, but could you move the arcane/aura rewards to the Arbitration shop? It's cluttering the reward table.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)SolidInstinct_ a dit :

I just want the revive mechanic to leave. It truly took away the challenge Arbitrations had, people were bringing their 'A' game and their best gear to it. Now it just punishes players who are alive for other's mistake and for them to die again and again every few minutes can get annoying.

The changes here seems good, but could you move the arcane/aura rewards to the Arbitration shop? It's cluttering the reward table.

As a veteran... truly veteran... i have no more need of endo so that's ok to me. I don't think rare existing mods rate drop will decrease.

Archived