[DE]Connor

Arbitrations Revisited Part 2

Ah nice, thanks a lot.

Edit: Oh alright, just one question. Any plans to balance out the mission types/factions a bit, or even let us select the nodes?

From what I've gathered it's ~50% Infested and Defence has the highest chance, just because there are more nodes of those:

Spoiler

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 8

Five cyan stars? It's not like I have more than 600 cyan stars and only 50+- amber stars.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 8
  • Upvote 50

5 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Hell no pls spare us

that nerf on endo was acceptable as more chances to get the changed specified endo imo

• Haha 2
  • Woah 1

1 minute ago, Xadden said:

Five cyan stars? It's not like I have more than 600 cyan stars and only 50+- amber stars.

I think it's for making your own ambar, but I don't think it's good in any case...
__

Have you considered doing an "elite arbitration"? No revives at all, like the old days? That stuff was very encouraging to put your best gear and do the best effort to stay alive while getting rewards

• Like 3
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 26

10 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.

They have quite more sense of purpose now... thanks!!!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:
    • Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies

Nekros going Healer now? :3

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 15

This was a real rollercoaster to read. It was like with every positive, you threw in a negative to compensate. 

Positive: All missions will return to regular rotation length.  Negative: The rotation cadence will be changed. Endo rewards will be reduced to roughly 75%. 

Positive: Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.  Negative: When these Arbitration reward changes go live, the price of goods in the Arbiters’ reward manifest will increase by about 50%.

Were you just aiming for a net 25% boost? I feel like you would've been fine leaving the rotation cadence at ABCCCCC, and leaving the endo rewards the same and not changing the shop at all. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 43

2 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I think it's for making your own ambar, but I don't think it's good in any case...

I wouldn't mind crafting amber stars if they didn't cost 100k credits each.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 37

il y a 5 minutes, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

Nekros going Healer now? :3

He always was, check out double pulse :3

By the way, nice chunk of changes that entirely miss the mark. 

You can give fifteen thousand kuva per rotation, arbitrations are just badly designed as a combat loop. Very boring blanket invulnerability drones, enforced self buffing tank/invis meta, badly thought out difficulty modifiers (interception is pretty much the only good one) and a revive system that punishes whoever stays alive. 

I mean, the rewards were sort of a problem... But what about the faults of the gamemode itself? Also, this is now the THIRD round of reward baiting you tried with Arbitrations. Do you mean to keep doing this? Cause I've just kinda had enough of that. 

Edited by Autongnosis
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 7
  • Upvote 54

15 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

5x Cyan Stars

Amber! Tell me this is a typo and you mean Amber, cause this is the most useless reward I've seen in the game. Cyan Stars drop super easy, Amber Stars are as rare as 1 per day, if that! I know with the changes to Vitus Essence drops, we could make our own, but the blueprint is not a good deal. The blueprint is a rip-off. So please, reconsider this.

Other than that one complaint... damn, I might actually be interested in playing Arbies now, cause those changes look pretty neat... except for what I stated above and the reduced endo drops.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 14

12 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies

That sounds interesting 😄

15 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x

Hm, we allready got companion healing via melee, could we maybe have it for primary or secondary instead?

17 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Kuva has been added to the Arbiter Offerings, for purchase with Vitus Essence.

Oh, I like that!

19 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 5x Cyan Stars

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has anyone ever not have enough Cyan Stars? I get that it's a filler reward, but if I'm not mistaken this would literally be completely worthless.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 26

This is peaking my interest so far. I might be willing to go back to survival arbitrations now. Haven't even wanted to do them since the Disruption change. That was the most enjoyable at when it was first available.

Edit: The cyan stars is a bit meh though. They drop like candy in normal missions. Maybe a bundle of 3 amber stars instead?

Edited by --Brandt--
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Looks good so far, time will tell how well this will actualy end up being, but I'm really liking the new auras

**Though, I am glad you arent going back to the one-life-tanks-only style of arbitration, it would be nice if the red things dropped by drones for reviving were an optional pick-up, so those who don't want to have their health reduced can just keep playing while one person can task themself with reviving if they were to choose to.

Edited by Giantconch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Awesome. I can't wait to farm for these new goodies for collection, and the bar being set on Excavation is perfect. Hopefully the frequency of missions is brought close to each other as frequent Defense/Survival overshadows other modes.

How much Kuva will we get and how much Vitus Essence will it cost?

Will Arbiter Drone Vitus Essence drops be affected by Boosters/Smeeta?

54 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

(twice as many wave rewards, plus Vitus from drones and other sources).

I am curious what "other sources" refers to.

Will any of these Aura Mods feature a Zenurik Polarity? We currently only have Brief Respite, so changing that Aura or adding more to Zenurik polarities would give more purpose to Aura Forma in loadouts.

Thanks for the notes Connor. Looks good.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I got it wrong haha, sorry guys. I'm liking the changes so far, not the increase cost for arbitration's shop but so far it's pretty good.

Edited by xXMadneXDXx
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 8