Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Update Nerfed Volt

(PSN)A_Khanduit

Since Gauss entered the fight, Volt has been changed in some very negatively impactful ways. Volt's Speed ability was Nerfed in 2 ways. One, upon activation, he now takes several meters to get up to speed. Thats fine in an open-world area, but his second change is that he slows down when turning. These 2 changes make his Speed ability virtually useless in tight spaces (90% of the game). On a personal note, the modified running animation for Volt looks horrendous. DE, I know you're trying to shine a light on Gauss right now, but Nerfing the OG FastFrame to do it is both petty and unnecessary. Put Volt back the way he was, like ASAP!

Wasn't Nezha's speed was also reduced? Volt isn't the fastest frame and that went to Gauss and probably Grend. If you're complaining about his speed, just add more speed mods into his build. He's still a strong frame, so I really don't see this "nerf". OG FastFrame is Gauss and Grend and always will be. Nothing wrong being 3rd. 

Just now, Mardomus said:

Wasn't Nezha's speed was also reduced? Volt isn't the fastest frame and that went to Gauss and probably Grend. If you're complaining about his speed, just add more speed mods into his build. He's still a strong frame, so I really don't see this "nerf". OG FastFrame is Gauss and Grend and always will be. Nothing wrong being 3rd. 

Yeah, Nova is the fastest.

Spoiler

I will try to make Gauss that fast, but I doubt I can even touch Nova's speed on my most favorite spy mission.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)TrueBenatic1 said:

Since Gauss entered the fight, Volt has been changed in some very negatively impactful ways. Volt's Speed ability was Nerfed in 2 ways. One, upon activation, he now takes several meters to get up to speed. Thats fine in an open-world area, but his second change is that he slows down when turning. These 2 changes make his Speed ability virtually useless in tight spaces (90% of the game). On a personal note, the modified running animation for Volt looks horrendous. DE, I know you're trying to shine a light on Gauss right now, but Nerfing the OG FastFrame to do it is both petty and unnecessary. Put Volt back the way he was, like ASAP!

yep how gauss gonna shine if volt is still speed king?! maybe arcane helm for rhino need nerf as well? it is comic that one need to look bad so other can look good. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)TrueBenatic1 said:

DE, I know you're trying to shine a light on Gauss right now, but Nerfing the OG FastFrame to do it is both petty and unnecessary. Put Volt back the way he was, like ASAP!

If you're using Volt solely for Speed, then something's off because Volt's based around damage, i.e Discharge. Gauss is a kinetic energy frame emphasizing strong hit-and-runs. Volt uses electricity as a form of damage and boosting.

7 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

If you're using Volt solely for Speed, then something's off because Volt's based around damage, i.e Discharge. Gauss is a kinetic energy frame emphasizing strong hit-and-runs. Volt uses electricity as a form of damage and boosting.

You can build Volt for speed.  His Speed augment makes the run through sortie safer and easier than it really should be.  And if volt wants to stop and murder something, they have an elctric proc.  Also, Volts damage from his number 4 is good, especially with his augment, but his shield is where the best damage comes from.  Just plop it down and start firing.  Shoot an acceltra or a prisma angstrum, or any other fun weapon through the shield.  Not to mention it's usefulness in Eidolon hunts.

As for OP's thread, I wasn't aware that any changes were made to volt, except for the animation change.  That doesn't impact his speed though, it's just the animation.  He feels just as fast as he ever did.  Also, I would rank Volt way above Gauss at this point and I'm glad they visited Guass' abilities quickly.  Gauss was very, very bad when he was released.  I hope this is a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)TrueBenatic1 said:

One, upon activation, he now takes several meters to get up to speed. Thats fine in an open-world area, but his second change is that he slows down when turning. These 2 changes make his Speed ability virtually useless in tight spaces (90% of the game).

... Roll is your friend...

... Expecting Volt's Speed to unaffect Roll is also your friend...

... Expecting placebo effects to become real things is stressful and life shortening...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nslay said:

Yeah, Nova is the fastest.

Reveal hidden contents

I will try to make Gauss that fast, but I doubt I can even touch Nova's speed on my most favorite spy mission.

Gauss is the fastest sprinter.  Its really starting to piss me off in every thread when someone says gauss is fastest and then people come in and say “But but zephyr/nova/titania are faster!” Yea no S#&$ they fly/teleport. We dont count them in the gauss/volt/nezha speed grouping. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

As for the main topic, no, neither Volt nor Nezha had any actual speed changes. The only thing that changed was their running animation. Volt always slowed down at corners and always took time to accelerate, but these weren't as noticeable because his legs spasmed like crazy during high speed builds. 

I dare to say they were more noticeable because whenever I wanted to take a sharp turn I'd take 50 steps in place before I actually started moving again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VentiGlondi said:

I dare to say they were more noticeable because whenever I wanted to take a sharp turn I'd take 50 steps in place before I actually started moving again.

I can see that. It was also noticeable if you stopped to shoot something and tried running again. As someone who played volt almost exclusively at 300% pwr str for speed, my favorite thing about Gauss is the instant acceleration. It lets me feel the closest to a speedster that Ive ever had in any game. 

• Like 1