Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is one unique Playable Warframe idea/concept you believe isn't talked about enough?

AnOldAlias

Could be a concept someone else has made, or just a general idea that DE hasn't explored much of.

This can include different variations of existing stuff we have, like for example, Nidus' Infestation. There's a lot we could do with the 'infestation' theme for a Warframe, if need be.

Like, for example, a Warframe that deals with Shadows directly as their power structure.

Or a Warframe whom has a customized animation set, running/walking on all fours. Similar to Lycanthropy, sort of, I guess, though that is talked about somewhat commonly, even if I do want something like that in this game sooner rather than later.

melee operator (sparring, katanas or daggers would be pretty nice), i dont care if its tied to their void powers or they are physic, there was one idea on the foruns that was "void bending" (think on avatar bending) and that would be awesome too

• Like 5

Personally Id like to see a modular frame like kitguns and zaws but for frames. Parts require different parts from frames say you want Khoras 4 Strangledom you use Khoras Neuroptics, Volts 3 shield maybe require Volts Systems, Saryns 1 requires Saryn Chassis.

Sounds OP but you can balance it with having less stats for example a poormans Strangledom, limited range Saryns 1 and your modular frame will have to be balanced in what skill you're choosing as well. + even if you take strangledom doesnt mean you get the augment so it adds more limitations. And devs can decide which skill from each frame you can add to the modular warframe so that something like Lokis Invisible cant be abused but maybe switch teleport.

Especially with most frames having great synergies lately having something like Limbos 4 is useful but not OP without his 2. Or Gauss without his 4. Just an example.

Think that'd be something fun to play around with.  

Edited by DissentWomble
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Underwater open world. 

Neptune, when you spawn aboveground (going into the complex) it's a nice sight and makes me wonder what we will get when Neptune eventually has its own open world. Pretty interested in it honestly, considering the possibilities they might learn a few things from Empyrean onwards, hopefully making archwing better in the process.

2 hours ago, AnOldAlias said:

Could be a concept someone else has made, or just a general idea that DE hasn't explored much of.

This can include different variations of existing stuff we have, like for example, Nidus' Infestation. There's a lot we could do with the 'infestation' theme for a Warframe, if need be.

Like, for example, a Warframe that deals with Shadows directly as their power structure.

Or a Warframe whom has a customized animation set, running/walking on all fours. Similar to Lycanthropy, sort of, I guess, though that is talked about somewhat commonly, even if I do want something like that in this game sooner rather than later.

Frames that have void damage abilities or add void damage to weapons and other abilities.

Frames that can take over enemy gunships and turrets. Make them unmanned sentries. Allow you to transfer into enemies, change your viewpoint to thiers, directly control them and use thier abilities.

Frames that can disguise as enemy and receive that factions support. Turn into corpus and get drone shielding or nullifier protection. Or infested and get ancient aura buff.

Frames that use operator amps as exalted weapons in which you can add mods.

Frames that can copy abilities from other frames and from enemies.

Frames that can use enviornment objects or debris. Throw cans, use destroyed sentry guns, pick up enemy cover and use as shield. Throw back grenades and mines.

Obviously frames that transform. That Optimus status. 

5 hours ago, DissentWomble said:

Personally Id like to see a modular frame like kitguns and zaws but for frames. Parts require different parts from frames say you want Khoras 4 Strangledom you use Khoras Neuroptics, Volts 3 shield maybe require Volts Systems, Saryns 1 requires Saryn Chassis.

Sounds OP but you can balance it with having less stats for example a poormans Strangledom, limited range Saryns 1 and your modular frame will have to be balanced in what skill you're choosing as well. + even if you take strangledom doesnt mean you get the augment so it adds more limitations. And devs can decide which skill from each frame you can add to the modular warframe so that something like Lokis Invisible cant be abused but maybe switch teleport.

Especially with most frames having great synergies lately having something like Limbos 4 is useful but not OP without his 2. Or Gauss without his 4. Just an example.

Think that'd be something fun to play around with.  

I will have a frame that has saryns 1, trinities 2, Nezhas 3 and Mesas 4 please,

cause I am not feeling powerful enough yet with what already exists. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I will have a frame that has saryns 1, trinities 2, Nezhas 3 and Mesas 4 please,

cause I am not feeling powerful enough yet with what already exists. 

6 hours ago, DissentWomble said:

And devs can decide which skill from each frame you can add to the modular warframe so that something like Lokis Invisible cant be abused but maybe switch teleport.

And ignore the point i made above?

Its not my job to balance and work out the kinks since its just for fun hypothetical posting but the concept is what the threads about.  

@AnOldAlias Just wanna ask, did the thread get derailed?

Cause my understanding of the OP is that by Playable Warframe idea, you didn't mean the game, but the frames and possible ideas for new ones.

Something I believe was touched on only once by the devs that I would like to see would be a shapeshifter frame, although I'm not sure how it would work or what it should or could do beyond the ability to shapeshift, so I understand that the theme would take time to work around and implement.

Edited by Madway7

4 hours ago, DissentWomble said:

And ignore the point i made above?

Its not my job to balance and work out the kinks since its just for fun hypothetical posting but the concept is what the threads about.  

All frames have that one signature move that sets them apart and better for a purpose, and some also that one signature move that is so useless most people forget it exists. 

To counter my OP ability frame let's then take the opposite,

I want Mesas 1, Atlas 2, Limbo 3,and Zephyr's 4.

if I cannot use it then we can just define generic abilities like there are arcane effects, no need to take em from existing ones. 

Lets not forget a lot of the abilities depend on each other to work. 

No point in baruuks 4 or Equinox 1 as it is dependent on the rest of the frames abilities. 

Finding a suitable combination for balance is indeed hard, and you washing your hands of it just shows you haven't really thought much about it. 

• Like 1

Once Melee 3.0 is finished (not optimistic) a Melee frame that can equip 3 melee weapons. Bonus points if it has multiple arms (even just for decoration to hold the weapons, but not cardboard cut-outs like Nova's skin.

I'm gonna revise Raja once Melee 3.0 is done. (wish the forums didn't archive threads so aggressively... it'll just have to be a new post.)

I'd like an actual long range/ sniper themed frame. Ivara sorta works for that with the invis from her 3 and controlling things with her 2, but she receives no bonus for being far away so its best to still keep her close.

An actual long range frame should be stronger the farther they are from the enemy, so a passive like "Deal X amount more damage every Y amount of Meters away from target". A power to highlight enemies though thin walls and other enemies allowing for combo shots or hits through walls. A power that causes bullets to turn slightly towards enemies, allowing near misses to actually hit. Things like that, for those of us who like slower more methodical killing.

• Like 1

Frame separation missions

When we first get our Frame, Lotus tells us that she is not losing another and she boosts our energy systems, giving us unlimited energy. This is because we have no access to any weapons yet. More like this. Think we only have one such mission afterwards with Zanuka Hunter.

Give a few missions where we go to find out what happened to those Frames grabbed by the Grinny.

Let's get another power surge mode where we have no access to weapons until we get to a launch pad and can access Archwing.

Give us a mode where the Void Demon has to find the frame in a facility that is blocked from Transference.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Madway7 said:

@AnOldAlias Just wanna ask, did the thread get derailed?

Cause my understanding of the OP is that by Playable Warframe idea, you didn't mean the game, but the frames and possible ideas for new ones.

Something I believe was touched on only once by the devs that I would like to see would be a shapeshifter frame, although I'm not sure how it would work or what it should or could do beyond the ability to shapeshift, so I understand that the theme would take time to work around and implement.

Not fully. Still enjoying reading people's thoughts and such! Always fun to see what people come up with.

That is true, but other things can work to ^^

Yeah, that's what I want quite a bit as well. I do hope they explore that sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Maybe a warframe with a chroma-effigy-like companion that can be commanded to go berserk. It's not a pet, a moa, nor a sentinel (but all of the above). And yes, it's like Chaos Legion, one of my favorite games. Well, Chroma's effigy is kinda like a full-grown Legion anyway (except that it's less fancy).