Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unrolling Rivens

(XBOX)MarineDawg

Regardless of why but you rolled your Riven and have spent upwards of 40k Kuva chasing the lost roll's stats...imagine if there was a roll back feature, but it comes with a price.

For one a few.  Not nominal, say 10k Kuva but when rolling back it locks the mod so it can't get rolled again even if traded. 

Good idea, bad idea, thoughts?

Just be careful, and if you arent then rip, sorry

If you trade a locked modto someone thye may want to roll it later on as it may ghet a change and one stat on that riven is just bad. Example a weapon with not so good reload has a riven with reload on it, then later one the weapon gets a reload buff and the riven reload stat is not needed and the user cant roll it because its locked and that spot where the reload is could be something else. Then there is some trolling with this, a person rolls a riven a few times then rolls back and its locked, they see the riven is done for and want to get rid of it for easy plat so they sell it for cheap to someone who want to roll it and the person doesnt notice the rivens is locked until its too late and then tehy come on forums complaining they got scammed, A fix tothis would be make it not tradabale too so these issues between plays do not happen.

Edited by Lazarow

38 minutes ago, (XB1)MarineDawg said:

For one a few.  Not nominal, say 10k Kuva but when rolling back it locks the mod so it can't get rolled again even if traded. 

Imagine paying a large amount of plat for a riven only to find it was unrollable and the stats weren’t exactly what you wanted. This is not a good idea.

If they implemented this feature there would be some identifying characteristic on the riven mod to show potential buyers to stay away if the stats were locked.  That being said, why would they implement this feature?  I haven't the faintest idea as to why this would be a good idea.  This isn't locking in one stat like some people want myself included, this is just locking a riven for the sake of...locking it?  All I can see is some people trolling the crap out of people with a 'feature' like this.  Like some insanely plat rich players just getting a riven for a brand new very popular weapon and locking in horrible stats on it just to troll players in trade chat.  

Yea. That's terrible. Not only is there a massive potential for trolling, but there's also the issue that those past rolled aren't stored on the server. In order to have it rolled back the past rolls would need to be store first, this would take up a MASSIVE amount of server space. Currently, all rivens take 1 space each. With 100ish per player, that's not too bad. But there are rivens with dozens even hundreds of rolls each, so now those 100 rivens now take 1000, 10000, even 100000 space PER PERSON. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

If they implemented this feature there would be some identifying characteristic on the riven mod to show potential buyers to stay away if the stats were locked.  That being said, why would they implement this feature?  I haven't the faintest idea as to why this would be a good idea.  This isn't locking in one stat like some people want myself included, this is just locking a riven for the sake of...locking it?  All I can see is some people trolling the crap out of people with a 'feature' like this.  Like some insanely plat rich players just getting a riven for a brand new very popular weapon and locking in horrible stats on it just to troll players in trade chat.  

instead of purple make it bright neon fecking yellow 

all in all i dont see this as a thing since we have a do you want the old stats or the new stats and you can sit on that screen as long as you want to think about it alt tab get a sandwich have a internal/external debate about it on discord and or phone call before making a choice 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Whats the point of unrolling a riven if it can't be rolled again ?

Unrolled Rivens look pretty. 🙂 

I also don't see a point in this feature like many people in the thread.

Edited by Voltage

On 2019-10-11 at 12:41 PM, Aazhyd said:

Why on earth do you put 40k Kuva in a Riven?

i think this is the only  reason to spend your earned kuva...And BTW yes you are right sometimes it is better to trash a riven and buy an unrolled one but this game relies on addiction. Now with arbitration it's easy to get millions of kuva.

Edited by bibmobello

There is a reason each roll costs more than the previous one. The idea is to keep a riven that you like, not wait for the absolute perfect one. So players complaining about the roll cost are doing it wrong.

I have like 30 rivens (and sold several), but have never rolled more than about 3 times.

For my most used weapons I have good rivens. Not perfect, but definitely an improvement. That's enough for me.