Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nightwave.. opinion just dropped to the floor

-ToT-CrackCook

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

If the items were always new: People scream FOMO

If the items are of a previous NW for those who didnt get it return: People scream lazy.

Ahhh, internet. You're so damn predicable.

Yeah, it's like people have different thoughts about different things, go figure

It doesn't surprise me nor does it upset me.

DE said they would likely recycle rewards for people who didn't get them already so we should have seen it coming seeing as they informed us of this decision. The time frame seemed predictable too as Nightwave was just meant to keep us busy while they worked on the real meat, The New War/Empyrean. They are also about to drop a pretty sizable update next week with a new Warframe, new game mode, new kavat, and new melee.

Nightwave isn't meant to be some big quality content drop, its meant to keep us preoccupied. The intermission is the catch-up mechanic for those that missed out. Seems to be working as intended. Just wait for The Old Blood if you want new things to collect.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

can you elaborate on that first group because i don't think i've seen that reaction at all the last three rotations. 

I just had to type FOMO in the search function: https://forums.warframe.com/search/?&q=fomo&page=3&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Begining at the 3rd page since its the oldest.

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yeah, it's like people have different thoughts about different things, go figure

Yeah. Its crazy. I'm not sure where it comes from. I will just drink my coffee in peace while I behold this mess.

china-flag-design-cup-vector_1142-3743.j

• Like 1

to the counter about 'its good for people who don't have the stuff'
they could have brought that stuff back in a 15 rank intermission, this is a full seasons length that's the issue. its a simple and obvious stalling method. 
I wouldn't have single complaint if 'intermission' had stayed as 15 ranks, or if for intermission, challenges were double the standing, so that it was the same length as what 'intermission' originally was

Edited by -ToT-CrackCook

3 minutes ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

to the counter about 'its good for people who don't have the stuff'
they could have brought that stuff back in a 15 rank intermission, this is a full seasons length that's the issue. its a simple and obvious stalling method. 
I wouldn't have single complaint if 'intermission' had stayed as 15 ranks, or if for intermission, challenges were double the standing, so that it was the same length as what 'intermission' originally was

And then lets see how many people complain that others got the wolf accessories at tier 15 instead of 30 like everyone else did?

I love how people are defending DE over this when in fact they themselves introduced a system that they knew full well would require work to maintain. Now DE makes the intermission same length as a full NW season, puts a lot of filler and recycled content that isn't even close to a year old by now. We are supposed to feel sorry for DE because they've got a lot on their plate?

I'm pretty disappointed alright.

Also, like someone pointed out this is not at all about the items being available (I don't care). It's about asking people who already went through S1 not too long ago to obtain the exact same items again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

It doesn't surprise me nor does it upset me.

DE said they would likely recycle rewards for people who didn't get them already so we should have seen it coming seeing as they informed us of this decision. The time frame seemed predictable too as Nightwave was just meant to keep us busy while they worked on the real meat, The New War/Empyrean. They are also about to drop a pretty sizable update next week with a new Warframe, new game mode, new kavat, and new melee.

Nightwave isn't meant to be some big quality content drop, its meant to keep us preoccupied. The intermission is the catch-up mechanic for those that missed out. Seems to be working as intended. Just wait for The Old Blood if you want new things to collect.

How exactly does NW full of recycled cosmetic or single use content keep the players occupied if they already got the items they don't want or need more of? 

Do you think any game with a battle pass could get away with something like this?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

And then lets see how many people complain that others got the wolf accessories at tier 15 instead of 30 like everyone else did?

thats assuming that nightwave isnt easier alredy? which it is, people are already annoyed about 'oh so if i didnt do it in the past it would have been easier now', since nigthwaves changes for season 2 made it easier to rank up. 

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I don't have my popcorn gifs saved on this phone. Can someone help a guy out here? The show is only beginning it seems.

funny cuz this time, its the people giving real criticism who are civilised, and its the people defending warframe who are going nuts. its a fun spin on things we're doing here 

1 minute ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

funny cuz this time, its the people giving real criticism who are civilised, and its the people defending warframe who are going nuts. its a fun spin on things we're doing here 

I see that, but forums gotta forum. You know the drill. 

I should say warframe forums gotta be warframe forums.

Edited by Sajochi

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

If the items were always new: People scream FOMO

If the items are of a previous NW for those who didnt get it return: People scream lazy.

Ahhh, internet. You're so damn predicable.

I mean, I'm not even asking for new rewards, but at least the following things could have been implemented to alleviate the pain of having completed Series 1 when it originally dropped:

1) Let us trade the rewards.

2) Let us skip the rank with the repeated reward so we can progress faster towards the other rewards we can actually use more than once.

3) Have a profile inspector and give something else like Kuva, Arcane, Weapon/Warframe slot, or Umbra forma if you already obtained the repeated cosmetic reward in a previous Nightwave.

There. All of that would be a fair compromise so those who cared enough as to rank up Series 1 before don't feel like they are losing out on nearly 1/4 of the current rewards while players who didn't get them back then can get their chance now without affecting older players..

anyone who got rank 30 on season 1, before season 2 changes that made nightwave easier, it should have replaced the re-used rewards with something else. this is a punishment for being up to date with nightwave in its early days, thats quite the opposite of how DE used to be, in the past they would be like "oh you put up with that old system but now its easier, well thanks for putting up with us and being patient" but yeah, we just get a probably 3month wait, for 1umbra forma

I'm okay with repeat rewards.  I appreciate that newer players or players whose schedules didn't allow them a fair shake at season 1 are getting a shot at that sweet as hell armor.

And I appreciate that I don't really have to gun for rank 30 this time.  I'm free to play other games for the time being and not suffer from FOMO.  I hope the intermission won't last as long as a normal season despite being 30 ranks and if it is, either season 3 needs actual cinematics or Empyrean better be in whatever stage DE would call "crunch" despite it not really being crunch.  Home stretch?  Last inning?  Final punch?

24 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

I love how people are defending DE over this when in fact they themselves introduced a system that they knew full well would require work to maintain. Now DE makes the intermission same length as a full NW season, puts a lot of filler and recycled content that isn't even close to a year old by now. We are supposed to feel sorry for DE because they've got a lot on their plate?

I'm pretty disappointed alright.

Also, like someone pointed out this is not at all about the items being available (I don't care). It's about asking people who already went through S1 not too long ago to obtain the exact same items again.

Nobody's asking you to do anything, chief. If you don't want the intermission rewards, you are free to skip them. DE introduced Nightwave primarily as a replacement for the alerts system, and it still serves that purpose. For the people who are itching for more content and rewards, the Kuva Lich system is right around the corner. I hope that will keep people occupied until Nightwave season 3 and Empyrean, but realistically that's not going to happen. Point stands, Nightwave intermission is explicitly filler for those who want extra slots, reactors and catalysts. That's all it ever was, and complaining that it isn't something else is pointless.

• Like 2